• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2015 Part 2. Read the OP. Rocking 2500K's until HBM2 and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check all cables to see if anything came loose while you were inside the case, specifically around your hard drives.?

I've checked everything and everything looks okay, apart from removing the cables from my old GPU's and attaching them to my new one no other cables were touched.

Out of four boot attempts, it's booted into Windows 10 twice, twice I got the blinking underscore.

It's hanging on American Megatrends for what seems like an eternity and I can't access the BIOS despite spamming the DEL key.

kennah

Upgrading my grandma's computer from an A4 to an A6 for no other reason than the A6 was $10.

Have to replace her power supply and CPU fan anyway, so may as well.

Evo X

I've checked everything and everything looks okay, apart from removing the cables from my old GPU's and attaching them to my new one no other cables were touched.

Out of four boot attempts, it's booted into Windows 10 twice, twice I got the blinking underscore.

It's hanging on American Megatrends for what seems like an eternity and I can't access the BIOS despite spamming the DEL key.

Is your 980 pushed all the way in to the PCI-E slot?

You could also try removing it and putting it in a different slot and see if that works.

Is your 980 pushed all the way in to the PCI-E slot?

You could also try removing it and putting it in a different slot and see if that works.

Yeah it's definitely in, it performed very well on benchmarks etc after I installed it earlier today, it's lighting up etc too..

I'll try another slot I guess.

It's fine in the first slot:

qHowKUp.png

Henrar

I recently bought a Corsair H100 GTX liquid cooler. Does anyone else have one and found the included fans to be fairly loud? If you replaced them, which fans did you get?

Yes, they are loud and I wonder if it's possible to make them quieter. They are cooling overclocked 5960x and then temps outside reached 35 degrees Celcius it was like jet starting on an airfield.

More PCIe lanes. Performance-wise, they should both perform and overclock similiarly.

im just trying to get an idea of where it may be noticeably better

right now im going with the cheaper option because im taking a wild guess that while i run games on both that the difference will be minuscule

im just trying to get an idea of where it may be noticeably better

right now im going with the cheaper option because im taking a wild guess that while i run games on both that the difference will be minuscule

I don't think you'll see any noticeable difference unless you were going with triple/quad SLI or have use of the extra PCIe Lanes for non-gpu hardware + dual SLI.

My friend's giving me shit because I got a GTX 960 instead of a 970. I'm fucking poor, and dropping $200 on a video card was hard enough. Did I fuck up by not getting the 970, forreal though?

It has worse performance/dollar than a 970.
In the end if your budget was 200 dollars it was 200dollars so you did the adult thing.

Spending more money than you can afford to spend is stupid.

Ettie

Does the 212 Evo fit 1151 motherboards? Pcpartpicker didn't show a conflict but the packaging doesn't outright say it fits. Mounting is the same as 1150 though so it should work fine, right?

kennah

I don't think you'll see any noticeable difference unless you were going with triple/quad SLI or have use of the extra PCIe Lanes for non-gpu hardware + dual SLI.
This is true. Totally not worth the extra cost for single gpu solutions
Does the 212 Evo fit 1151 motherboards? Pcpartpicker didn't show a conflict but the packaging doesn't outright say it fits. Mounting is the same as 1150 though so it should work fine, right?
Yep. Exactly the same as 1155 and 1150

DPB

Well, a lot of people recommend the 970 because it's a better relative value from a price/performance aspect. For example, the 970 is about twice as powerful as the 960, but only costs 50% more.

It's true that there's a big gap between the two, but a 970 isn't twice as fast as a 960, it's closer to 50%.

perfrel_1920.gif

So I'm gonna have to wait til somewhere later upcoming week to receive my i7-6700k and GTX 970 4G because I ordered several parts at one online retailer and they wanna ship everything together. They're still waiting for one part to arrive before they can finally ship it all to me.

I was just looking at what I was running at this very moment.

My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+: 2.2GHz, Dual core.
mszlYEO.png

And my GPU is a Sapphire Radeon X1550:
550MHz core clock
800MHz Memory clock
512 MB GDDR2

Not to mention the 2 sticks of 1GB ram each with 333MHz speed (moving to 8GB, 3200MHz).

That'll be quite the jump lol.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So by next Friday if there isn't any word on 6700Ks actually being available in the US imminently I'm going to jump ship and get a 5820K instead as long as Microcenter's deal on it for $300 is still in place by then.

That in mind, what is the best sub $250 X99 MB? I'm mostly looking to OC as much as I reasonably can. USB 3.1 with or without type C would be nice as well, but not a must. Don't see myself ever going beyond SLI, which is even a stretch itself. If I can I'd like to keep the 2x8gb DDR4 3200mhz RAM I already bought, but I can't return that if I must and get cheaper RAM and 4 dimms as well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Looking to game at 1080p at as high of settings as I can and trying to get to or close to 60 fps (going to be hooked up to my tv). Also trying to keep the budget about $800. I'm going to to use it as the occasional Plex and Kodi machine, but of course these specs are well beyond what are needed for that. I am planning on upgrading the RAM in the future, just trying to keep my entry cost as low as I can for the time being. I've been a console gamer for 25 year or so and finally want to experience games like The Witcher 3 on max settings. The reason I'm going with the mini-ITX case is that I'm trying to build something that I can put under my tv, next to my PS4 and XB1, and won't look completely out of place size wise.

Is a 4790K worth the extra $110 for what I am trying to accomplish? I haven't ordered anything yet, but was hoping to start today in the hopes of getting everything here this week so I can build.
If you have a $800 budget, then i7 is not bang for buck. Get i5 and the best GPU possible.
In regards to this, if he's gonna keep the machine for like 4-5 years then I'd say it's not a bad investment at all (especially with the boost speed). If budget has a soft cap, then yes the i5 is fine.

I see folks with i5 2500k over clock to 4.7. I've had mine overclocked to 4.5 for a long time. Should I even bother going to 4.7 at this point? Much of a difference?
Nah, 4.5 is a great clock and anything above 4.3Ghz is good imo
Some bad karma recently, my PSU sorta crapped out a few days ago (fan is always running at top speed even after cleaning, removing/swapping some components etc) and I'm pretty sick of it by now, this irregular noise is headache-inducing. I'll RMA it and hope to get back fair value (which I didn't know was an option, would be 20€ so that's pretty decent).

Any recommendations? I've no idea about all the voltages, lines, etc. unfortunately.
I run a i5 5470 / GTX 970 / 2 SSDs / 2 HDDs and want some future proofing headroom for GPU/CPU update. 550/600w should be plenty I guess, I doubt power consumption for components will massively rise, eh?

Looking to buy asap / Germany / budget about 80~100€. Fully modular would be cool, might as well improve my cable management while I'm at it.

btw I had a be quiet! System Power 7 450w 80+ silver.
Look at the Seasonic/XFX Semi-Modular units since you are across the pond.
My friend's giving me shit because I got a GTX 960 instead of a 970. I'm fucking poor, and dropping $200 on a video card was hard enough. Did I fuck up by not getting the 970, forreal though?
It's worse value relative to the AMD cards, but there's nothing nVidia has right now that is good in the $160-$280 range. Actually removed it from build sheet yesterday. If you have $200 and want nVidia that's the card you 'have' to get though.
Yes, added info to OP and build sheets yesterday.
So I'm gonna have to wait til somewhere later upcoming week to receive my i7-6700k and GTX 970 4G because I ordered several parts at one online retailer and they wanna ship everything together. They're still waiting for one part to arrive before they can finally ship it all to me.

And my GPU is a Sapphire Radeon X1550

Not to mention the 2 sticks of 1GB ram each with 333MHz speed (moving to 8GB, 3200MHz).

That website is rubbish, but that will be a mind shattering upgrade. Hope you got an SSD too.
naga-song1.gif

That website is rubbish, but that will be a mind shattering upgrade. Hope you got an SSD too.
naga-song1.gif

Most definitely did. I just realized I'm gonna have to say goodbye to my Windows XP. That'll be a sad, sad, moment.

Should I go straight to 10 or do a smaller upgrade to 7?

jwhit28

mszlYEO.png

And my GPU is a Sapphire Radeon X1550:
550MHz core clock
800MHz Memory clock
512 MB GDDR2

I had the same CPU and GPU when I did my first complete build. That was in 2008 though after being disappointed in Team Fortress 2 and Fallout 3's performance. I was just looking at it sitting in the closet yesterday and thinking about how it would run Windows 10.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Most definitely did. I just realized I'm gonna have to say goodbye to my Windows XP. That'll be a sad, sad, moment.

Should I go straight to 10 or do a smaller upgrade to 7?
Up to you but you might need a DVD for 7 (no USB install?). I like having stuff work without issues and some older compatibility things so I'll run 7 into the ground before I jump to 10.

For most 10 should be fine.

Vuze

Look at the Seasonic/XFX Semi-Modular units since you are across the pond.
Thanks, I considered seasonic but eventually ordered the EVGA Supernova G2 650W a few hours ago. JG gave it quite a stellar review, I wanted to try an EVGA product for a while now and it should have plenty of headroom (maybe even for VR SLI if I ever decide to try Dual GPU).

It's pretty weird it was only available on their very own shop but I guess EVGA is mainly an US/UK centric company, so that might be the reason. Anyway, they're shipping from their German branch/office so it should be here within the next day or two :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thanks, I considered seasonic but eventually ordered the EVGA Supernova G2 650W a few hours ago. JG gave it quite a stellar review, I wanted to try an EVGA product for a while now and it should have plenty of headroom (maybe even for VR SLI if I ever decide to try Dual GPU).

It's pretty weird it was only available on their very own shop but I guess EVGA is mainly an US/UK centric company, so that might be the reason. Anyway, they're shipping from their German branch/office so it should be here within the next day or two :)
Oh, that's good to know they have some better prices for that over there then.
Usually there's more markup on things that aren't SS/XFX.

I know this is after the fact, but I just installed the cooler master hyper 212 evo on my 4770k. I had a tube of mx-3 and as 5, I went with the mx3, any one think this will be a bad choice?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I know this is after the fact, but I just installed the cooler master hyper 212 evo on my 4770k. I had a tube of mx-3 and as 5, I went with the mx3, any one think this will be a bad choice?
Correct choice.
AS5 can be buried, it's long past being the only good choice and performs worse than a lot of others which aren't conductive or capacitive.

Well, a lot of people recommend the 970 because it's a better relative value from a price/performance aspect. For example, the 970 is about twice as powerful as the 960, but only costs 50% more.

Not really accurate, it's more like 50% or 55% more powerful in general. The 960 and 970 have similar performance-per-dollar metrics overall, e.g. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_960_OC/29.html, though there will be some cases where the 970 ends up a bit ahead in value.

edit: beaten

Mr. Hyde

I ended up getting a msi z170a m5 board, 8 gigs of ddr4 corsair ballistix and the i5 6600k to replace my fried system. I am still hoping my video card and hard drives didn't get zapped from the lightning strike. I guess I will see when I build it and try turning it on.

InertiaXr

I currently have a i5-2500k OCed to 4.5ghz, 4GB RAM, some WD 1TB HDD, and a GTX 460. I've been playing Cities: Skylines again recently with a decent amount of mods and its basically unplayable. I know my 460 is old at this point, but I'm slightly concerned that getting something like say a GTX 960 (or some other $200~ card) might be bottlenecked too hard by either my RAM or CPU. More RAM wouldn't be a problem if so; but I don't really want to bother getting a new mobo and CPU right now if I can help it. Would a GTX 960 or similar be a meaningful purchase while keeping my 2500k? Should I get a set of 8GB RAM alongside it? Would a SSD be worthwhile?

I've been looking at some 960s, and newegg has what looks to be a good price on this MSI 960.

I'm currently running an i5 2500k & GTX 560 both at stock. Now pcpartpicker points out the MSI card is a tad over 10.5 inches and my case isn't big enough... wellllllllll if the card's length includes its cooler it would just barely fit, at least from what I can see. Worst case I could just take a dremel to the HD slots... nah I'd probably just buy a new case :D

Is there a huge issue I'm not seeing, or I guess a better buy? I'm gunning for the 900 series cards MOSTLY so I can grab MGSV for "free"

Lurky

After a few months of not having a computer I've finally built a new one! :D
Anyway, I wanted to thank you guys since this thread really helped me.

grkazan12

Hey Gaf, when is Pascal expected to come out? I'm waiting on a 980 TI order from Amazon because it's not in stock currently, but the thought of Pascal on the horizon really dampens the mood.

Should I just use the 980 TI till pascal comes out then sell it?

Will the 980 TI hold it's value till then? How much could I realistically sell it for down the line? Also, I spent $300 on the 980 TI due to a lot of Amazon credit.

paskowitz

Hey Gaf, when is Pascal expected to come out? I'm waiting on a 980 TI order from Amazon because it's not in stock currently, but the thought of Pascal on the horizon really dampens the mood.

Should I just use the 980 TI till pascal comes out then sell it?

Will the 980 TI hold it's value till then? How much could I realistically sell it for down the line? Also, I spent $300 on the 980 TI due to a lot of Amazon credit.

I would say no earlier than March 2016. Probably in the summer when all the conferences happen. By then I assume the 980 ti will have lost ~$150 in value. Rarer and limited models like the Hybrid, Classified, K|NGP|N, Lightning, Matrix/Platinum, etc will likely hold their value a little better. As will cards with proven, high overclocks. Unless you have a 4K or 1440p/144hz surround monitors, Pascal won't be necessary. There won't be a huge library of VR titles at launch so waiting is best for that scenario as well.

The 980 ti is a beast of a card, especially when overclocked. At 1080p and even 1440p it should be good for max settings, 60-140fps, for most games, for at least another 2 years. There is always something new coming out. Personally, I have no issue with upgrading every year. I went from 770 to 980 to 980 ti, loosing about $200 each upgrade.

Kalentan

Hey guys, so question, I've posted in here before about my failing card and I must ask. Is there any chance the "baking" method might fix it?

Maybe it's a stupid idea, but honestly willing to try anything at this point.

paskowitz

Hey guys, so question, I've posted in here before about my failing card and I must ask. Is there any chance the "baking" method might fix it?

Maybe it's a stupid idea, but honestly willing to try anything at this point.

Is there a chance? Sure. Just a very very very small one.

Mit-

I want to get a 970.

Can somebody please help me pick one? Any guidance is appreciated. I have no idea what is worth what. There are all kinds of small differences in the wide selection of these cards that are available.

If the differences are negligible, I just want a good deal. If they are important, then I'm interested in any kind of suggestions for which to get @_@

Someone linked to this on another page, seems like a good deal? Also a good card? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-strixgtx970dc2oc4gd5

Anyone here with a gigabyte z97 (ga-z97p-d3 or something similar to it) motherboard?

What do you use for cpu fanspeed control?
There's no way to set a fan profile in the bios itself , the manual says to use a tool called easytune for it (bleh, more garbage that needs to start when the pc boots up)

My cpu fan goes up to like 80 percent fanspeed under load I think, it gets really loud...
I got an aftermarket cooler, sure it keeps my cpu really cool (40-50 degrees) but I don't care much about that, I just want it to be quiet.

Also I noticed there's a prog called @bios that will update my bios for me.
I'm a strong proponent of 'don't fix what isn't broken' and everything seems to be functioning perfectly fine. Should I bother updating it?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I currently have a i5-2500k OCed to 4.5ghz, 4GB RAM, some WD 1TB HDD, and a GTX 460. I've been playing Cities: Skylines again recently with a decent amount of mods and its basically unplayable. I know my 460 is old at this point, but I'm slightly concerned that getting something like say a GTX 960 (or some other $200~ card) might be bottlenecked too hard by either my RAM or CPU. More RAM wouldn't be a problem if so; but I don't really want to bother getting a new mobo and CPU right now if I can help it. Would a GTX 960 or similar be a meaningful purchase while keeping my 2500k? Should I get a set of 8GB RAM alongside it? Would a SSD be worthwhile?
Wont be bottle necked, nothing you buy will. Moving to 8GB will be a big help. SSD a huge upgrade.
I'd recommend the AMD parts in the $200-$250 range, or getting the 970 if possible. 960 if you have a hard spending limit and will only go nVidia.
I've been looking at some 960s, and newegg has what looks to be a good price on this MSI 960.

I'm currently running an i5 2500k & GTX 560 both at stock. Now pcpartpicker points out the MSI card is a tad over 10.5 inches and my case isn't big enough... wellllllllll if the card's length includes its cooler it would just barely fit, at least from what I can see. Worst case I could just take a dremel to the HD slots... nah I'd probably just buy a new case :D

Is there a huge issue I'm not seeing, or I guess a better buy? I'm gunning for the 900 series cards MOSTLY so I can grab MGSV for "free"
Same as above regarding 960. If MGSV is swaying you you can often buy the game code for $20-$30 from someone.
I've had my i5 2500k oc'd to 4.5 for years now. Should you ever replace the thermal paste after all these years?
Not a bad idea if temps are out of whack.
I want to get a 970.

Can somebody please help me pick one? Any guidance is appreciated. I have no idea what is worth what. There are all kinds of small differences in the wide selection of these cards that are available.

If the differences are negligible, I just want a good deal. If they are important, then I'm interested in any kind of suggestions for which to get @_@

Someone linked to this on another page, seems like a good deal? Also a good card? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-strixgtx970dc2oc4gd5
G1 if it fits (Huge). Strix is voltage locked more than other 970s. I'd picked up a G1, if you dont plan on super OC'ing then a Strix or MSI or whatever is $20-$30 less is fine. Cards run pretty cool.

InertiaXr

Wont be bottle necked, nothing you buy will. Moving to 8GB will be a big help. SSD a huge upgrade.
I'd recommend the AMD parts in the $200-$250 range, or getting the 970 if possible. 960 if you have a hard spending limit and will only go nVidia.

I play very little in the way of AAA games nowadays, such that a $300+ GPU would be overkill for me IMO. Only games from within the past year I can think of right now I have interest in is Cities again and Witcher 3. I think I'll go with a new batch of 8GB RAM, I should probably buy 2 4GB sticks and completely get rid of my 2 2GB sticks I currently have right? GPU wise I'm looking at this Sapphire R9 280 3GB; I went Nvidia last time because I had heard AMD drivers are pretty bad, is that not true anymore I take it? That 280 + 8GB of top rated RAM on newegg will be right around $250 in total, I'm definitely content with that considering what an upgrade it should be.

Cross post from Windows 10 OT.
So I put together a new PC and my HDD reads only 250GB rather than 1TB.
I tried disk part, disk management to allocate the drive space and for whatever reason it won't list the correct drive size. AHCI mode is enabled in the bios, didn't do anything there. I have the latest MB bios, device drivers and still nothing.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sDyrgs

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($56.99)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($184.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.00 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Micro Center)
Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($143.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $878.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-16 23:06 EDT-0400

knitoe

Cross post from Windows 10 OT.
So I put together a new PC and my HDD reads only 250GB rather than 1TB.
I tried disk part, disk management to allocate the drive space and for whatever reason it won't list the correct drive size. AHCI mode is enabled in the bios, didn't do anything there. I have the latest MB bios, device drivers and still nothing.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sDyrgs

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($56.99)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($184.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.00 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Micro Center)
Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($143.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $878.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-16 23:06 EDT-0400

Doing this will delete all data on the drive:

If you run an elevated instance of command line (i.e. ran as admin) so it opens to C:\Windows rather than C:\Users, you should be able to run 'diskpart', then 'list disk', from here you can choose the disk in relation to its given size. Then you can then use 'list partition' to list the disks partitions. from here you do 'select partition x' (x being the partition number) then 'delete partition'.

Then, go back into Disk Management and recreate the partition using the full available space.

Correct choice.
AS5 can be buried, it's long past being the only good choice and performs worse than a lot of others which aren't conductive or capacitive.

Well I must have mounted that evo wrong. Was fine for a bit playing TF2 and MGS Ground Zeroes. I then went back to TF2 and the computer hard locked and restarted...

Does that sound like overheating or something else?

I ran prime 95, temps seemed okay for a bit. I did hit 98 degrees c, but it seemed my 4770k auto over locked above 3.9 to 4.4? Or I may have read the 4400 MHz wrong, any suggestions or thoughts?

Same as above regarding 960. If MGSV is swaying you you can often buy the game code for $20-$30 from someone.

I am trying to keep spending down, though I've got ~ $375 in CSGO keys I should probably move at some point... wonder if anyone in the BST thread would take keys as payment o_O

For someone who sticks to 1080p (truthfully 900p ATM, but I don't see myself moving past 1080 anytime soon), would you have any recommendations for AMD cards?

I forsee playing mostly MGSV, honestly if I can hit high/max settings @ 1080/60, that'd do it for me

Doing this will delete all data on the drive:

If you run an elevated instance of command line (i.e. ran as admin) so it opens to C:\Windows rather than C:\Users, you should be able to run 'diskpart', then 'list disk', from here you can choose the disk in relation to its given size. Then you can then use 'list partition' to list the disks partitions. from here you do 'select partition x' (x being the partition number) then 'delete partition'.

Then, go back into Disk Management and recreate the partition using the full available space.

I tried this during the Windows 10 install. Shift + F10 brought up the command prompt. After list disk I chose to clean, should I have deleted? Even as unallocated space the drive read as 250GB.

mhayze

not sure which to get here

an i7 5820 or an i7 5930?

the latter costs $285 more but is it that much better, performance wise?

The biggest differences are a slightly higher clock speed, larger cache (20MB vs 15MB) and more importantly more PCIe 3.0 lanes (40 vs 28).

At this point, PCIe lanes would allow you to run Tri-SLI (not even at 'full speed'), have more PCIe storage devices (NVMe / PCIe, M.2, sataexpress) and USB 3.1 devices without sharing (as much) bandwidth. If you're planning on running SLI and running an Intel 750 and / or SM951 maybe you should consider the 5930k

Evo X

The biggest differences are a slightly higher clock speed, larger cache (20MB vs 15MB) and more importantly more PCIe 3.0 lanes (40 vs 28).

This is incorrect. Both the 5820K and 5930K have 15MB of cache. Only the 5960X has 20MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom