• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2015 Part 2. Read the OP. Rocking 2500K's until HBM2 and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the recommendation, the 5820K does look interesting. Any motherboard / ram you guys can suggest ? I assume I can't re-use my DDR3.

I got this RAM, which seems to be performing just fine.

I got the EVGA Classified for my motherboard, which I can highly recommend. It's probably too expensive for most, but I wanted the EVGA warranty on it in case anything went wrong. The MSI X99A SLI PLUS is the more affordable choice, but may be a bit dicey going by the reviews.

What kind of form-factor are you going for?

CaLe

I got this RAM, which seems to be performing just fine.

I got the EVGA Classified for my motherboard, which I can highly recommend. It's probably too expensive for most, but I wanted the EVGA warranty on it in case anything went wrong. The MSI X99A SLI PLUS is the more affordable choice, but may be a bit dicey going by the reviews.

What kind of form-factor are you going for?

I currently have an ATX motherboard, not sure if my case supports an E-ATX one, I'd have to check. Really sucks that I can't keep using my DD3 ram (as far as I know), as I just bought a new set of sticks.

kennah

I currently have an ATX motherboard, not sure if my case supports an E-ATX one, I'd have to check. Really sucks that I can't keep using my DD3 ram (as far as I know), as I just bought a new set of sticks.
Another option would be to track down a 3770k and keeping the rest of your existing equipment.

Did you feel the update was substantial ? Which motherboard and RAM have you chosen ?

I'll follow the advice you guys have given me and either upgrade to skylake if it fits in my budget, or wait.

Definitely coming from the 2400. My 6600K is running at 4.4GHz vs the 2400 at 3.1.

RAM is Corsair no complaints
Evo 212 cooler no complaints
I got the ASRock 170 pro. I hadn't tried overclocking in years, but it seemed to take a long time to reset after a failed post. Also it wasn't very good at letting me know when an overclock was successful. The main bios screen still reports stock clocks, but monitoring software shows the overclock. I will probably stick with Asus next time.

Just sell your stuff. I put my old stuff in my HTPC and took the Celeron, MB, 4GBs of ram and put them in my old case. I got lucky and got a 320GB HDD and a power supply for $20. I sold it all for $175.

CaLe

Just sell your stuff. I put my old stuff in my HTPC and took the Celeron, MB, 4GBs of ram and put them in my old case. I got lucky and got a 320GB HDD and a power supply for $20. I sold it all for $175.

Yeah, good point, I might just do that. :)

I think I'll go with this:

MSI X99A SLI Plus - 279.98$ CAD
Intel Core I7-5820K - 506$ CAD
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-3200C16D-16GVK DDR4 3200MHZ 16GB 2X8GB 16-18-18-38 - 109$ CAD (might go with 2 kits for 32GB)
Fractal Design Define R5 ATX Tower Case - 125$ CAD (feel free to suggest any other case, I almost went blindly with this case)

For a total of $1,157.30 CAD (890$ USD) - With shipping + Tax

The 5820K has more cores and threads than the 6600K, so unless I'm mistaken it's a better purchase for my needs.

Final thoughts before my wife kills me ? :)

kennah

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-3200C16D-16GVK DDR4 3200MHZ 16GB 2X8GB 16-18-18-38 - 109$ CAD (might go with 2 kits for 32GB)
Fractal Design Define R5 ATX Tower Case - 125$ CAD (feel free to suggest any other case, I almost went blindly with this case)

The 5820K has more cores and threads than the 6600K, so unless I'm mistaken it's a better purchase for my needs.

Pretty solid. R5 is a fantastic case. I love Fractal's work. If you're doing multithreaded work work stuff then yeah the 5820 is better than the 6600.

Where are you in Canada?

CaLe

You need a cooler for that CPU and the 5820K (6c 12t) is certainly a lot better than an i5 6600k (4c 4t) for what you need.

I assume I can't use the fan I'm currently using for my i5-2500k ?:

Noctua NH-U12P 120MM Heatpipe Cooler

Pretty solid. R5 is a fantastic case. I love Fractal's work. If you're doing multithreaded work work stuff then yeah the 5820 is better than the 6600.

Where are you in Canada?

Awesome, thanks for the help by the way. And I'm from Montreal :)

Hi all, I have a few questions. I have a pretty bad desktop for gaming - it's an i3-3240 @ 3.4 with 6 GB RAM and no real graphics card. That doesn't sound too bad, maybe, but it's one of those all-in-one numbers so it can't really be upgraded and I haven't been able to play any PC games the whole time I've had it. Even stuff like DOTA 2 runs at a crawl. I knew nothing about computers when I bought it a couple of years ago, and now I want to get something new. I really want to do my research this time and spend my money right.

So, with that being said, I'm wondering about what tier of Hazaro's amazing build sheet to shoot for. My real issue is just thinking about the sorts of games that I want to play - I'm not going to be going in for any Witcher/GTA/Crysis-level stuff, so it doesn't need to be super top of the line, but I also don't want to undershoot the mark.

My Steam library (I bought a bunch of games in the hopes of eventually getting a good machine...anyone else do that?) is Transistor, Metal Gear Rising, Valkyria Chronicles, Hotline Miami, Dark Souls, and Grim Fandango Remastered, and my Steam wish list is Hyper Light Drifter, No Man's Land, Jotun, Death's Gambit, and Rain World. Given those games and the assumption that I'll also play games like these in the future, is Hazaro's "Great" level good enough, or do I really need that "Excellent" class? My budget is 12-1300, but I also need a new monitor, keyboard, drawing tablet, etc....

Ok, that's a lot of text! Any help or advice is super appreciated!

mulac

So I've been slowly over the last few months been building my study which I use both for gaming and working (my job allows me to be very flexible since it's regional here in APAC so doesn't really matter where I work).

The final touches are a solid chair and multi use headset I can use for conference calls on my phone or Skype and decent enough for gaming without breaking the bank.

For the headphones, got my eye in these, does anyone have any experience in terms of mic quality?

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30760&cPath=998

And for the chair, been doing a ton of research and given I'm quite tall at 6ft 2inch I don't mind splurging cash on something that will last and help support. Checked out dxracer but they look too gimmicky (and my wife hates their look). Narrowed it down to these two but I couldn't find any reviews, so ideas are open:l.

I like the Buro Persona overall I think...

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...0551&langId=-1&productId=129549&storeId=10151

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...0551&langId=-1&productId=125200&storeId=10151

As you can see I am in Australia so therefore choice is limited and get screwed on price but thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks GAF.

Flaxh

Hello again!

A friend of mine decided to build a new PC to play some MOBAs and MMORPGs and asked me if I was interested in selling some of my parts. For reference, this is my rig:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($306.04 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Directron)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($119.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.97 @ Directron)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card ($324.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Asus MX239H 23.0" Monitor ($182.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Keyboard: Microsoft ANB-00001 Wired Slim Keyboard ($10.99 @ Directron)
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Pro MLG Edition Wired Laser Mouse
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset ($95.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1370.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-08 13:53 EDT-0400

He's mostly interested in my cpu+mobo+ram combo to pair with a GTX 950. I wasn't planning on upgrading right now but this might be a good opportunity so I'm considering it and that brought me some questions.

1 -> How much should I sell those parts for? Some people I talked to suggested 300€. Im Portuguese so prices might seem really high for americans.

2 -> There's a 100€ difference between the 6600k and 6700k. Is it worth it? Im thinking about pairing one of those with a Asus z170-A mobo which has good reviews, the "golden" 150€ pricetag and will match my black & white build that I've been planning for the next upgrade (case and fans). 2x 8GB of Corsair RAM

3 -> The next 2 generations of Intel processors will use the same socket so it will be possible to buy a 2017 motherboard with some new features and use it with my 600k right?

Thanks in advance

Reposting for new page

kuYuri

Hi, I bought one of these HP deal is back (i7-6700, GTX 980Ti, 16GB, 2TB, 500W) hoping to get an SSD for Windows, a storage drive for my games, change the ram from the standard 16GB to 32GB and swap into a case with more breathing room. I've had good experiences in the past with NewEgg so parts from there would be ideal if possible please. I apologize if this seems like me being lazy about picking parts, but I just really want to ensure compatibility and I know you guys are far more capable than I am.

• The SSD just has to be enough for Windows so 250gb should be fine.
  • The storage drive would be between 3TB-4TB
  • I'd like to swap to a case with better ventilation/more breathing room but I'm not sure what form factor this desktop is, or how hard it is to swap if any part of the case is proprietary.
  • I just want to make sure the RAM is compatible
On a side note, I plan on doing a fresh install of Windows 10 on the new SSD. What would be the best way to go about doing this? I'd like to use the license that comes with the desktop but not the harddrive it comes installed on.

Also just to clarify the specifics of my build, I went with:

HP ENVY 750se Desktop PC
Product number: N3G97AV#ABA

2USB2.0, 2USB3.0
•Integrated Sound
•16GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM
•2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6G Hard Drive
•SuperMulti DVD Burner
•500W Power supply
•Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS
•HP Wireless 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 NIC (Sanji)
•6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K quad-core processor [4.0GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
•6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]

You're fine with 16GB, don't bother getting 32GB, it's a waste of money right now and you won't see a difference with it. At best, the only difference you might notice will be with faster RAM, not more RAM.

My mom needs a new all in one Windows computer from a store like Best Buy or Walmart. I know these aren't the best options but I can't build one for her since I live so far from her.

Are there any common models that aren't total shit for lite use coming in around 700ish? She mainly just uses it for email and web browsing.

kennah

My mom needs a new all in one Windows computer from a store like Best Buy or Walmart. I know these aren't the best options but I can't build one for her since I live so far from her.

Are there any common models that aren't total shit for lite use coming in around 700ish? She mainly just uses it for email and web browsing.

Really as long as you get an i3 in a brand name you recognize, you can't go wrong. Everything is so fast these days.

rrs

2 -> There's a 100€ difference between the 6600k and 6700k. Is it worth it? Im thinking about pairing one of those with a Asus z170-A mobo which has good reviews, the "golden" 150€ pricetag and will match my black & white build that I've been planning for the next upgrade (case and fans). 2x 8GB of Corsair RAM

3 -> The next 2 generations of Intel processors will use the same socket so it will be possible to buy a 2017 motherboard with some new features and use it with my 600k right?

Thanks in advance
2. I don't really think so, although HT will be more useful in the long term. I personally feel the 6700K is very close to haswell-e concerning prices although it would be a bit more expensive

3. Depends, but would not surprise me if kept the socket was kept but the motherboard has to change things around so older CPUs wouldn't work on it

O so I am going to upgrade my vid card. Should I get a 980 or a 970?

It's about 2-3 months away from the release of new GPUs, I'd wait for the prices to drop on the cards with the announcement of new cards at the very least

So I've been slowly over the last few months been building my study which I use both for gaming and working (my job allows me to be very flexible since it's regional here in APAC so doesn't really matter where I work).

The final touches are a solid chair and multi use headset I can use for conference calls on my phone or Skype and decent enough for gaming without breaking the bank.

For the headphones, got my eye in these, does anyone have any experience in terms of mic quality?

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30760&cPath=998

And for the chair, been doing a ton of research and given I'm quite tall at 6ft 2inch I don't mind splurging cash on something that will last and help support. Checked out dxracer but they look too gimmicky (and my wife hates their look). Narrowed it down to these two but I couldn't find any reviews, so ideas are open:l.

I like the Buro Persona overall I think...

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...0551&langId=-1&productId=129549&storeId=10151

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...0551&langId=-1&productId=125200&storeId=10151

As you can see I am in Australia so therefore choice is limited and get screwed on price but thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks GAF.

I use this at home and they are amazing.

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/leonardo-high-back-chair-black-jbleonhbbk

I suggest going into a store if possible and get a feel for them.

Arex

I have R5 and it is awesome! Maybe can consider define S if you don't need 5.25" or 3.5" bays. The evolv atx also looks great I think. You can get quad channel ram as x99 is suited for that I think. Had 4x4gb for mine. Also get an ssd if you don't already have one haha

drotahorror

It can support the faster RAM, but anything past 2400 MHz needs to be set up in the BIOS as it's considered out of spec

Thanks.

I have another question that me and my buddy have been wracking our brain over.

I've seen a lot of review places site that this ram is the fastest or that ram is the fastest etc. And all of those ram sticks are CL 15. I'm seeing some cas latency 12 ram on newegg, only from Kingston and Corsair. Wouldn't those ram modules be faster than the 15's? Why do Kingston and Corsair only have the magic to produce such low latency ram?

Really on this ram deal right now, it's kind of annoying.

mulac

I use this at home and they are amazing.

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/leonardo-high-back-chair-black-jbleonhbbk

I suggest going into a store if possible and get a feel for them.

Yeah my local Officeworks has a lousy collection. thanks will check that one out though.

Been looking at the Aeron range aswell; figure I might aswell bite the bullet and pickup the last chair I'll ever need:

http://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/performance-work-chairs/aeron-chairs.html

rrs

Thanks.

I have another question that me and my buddy have been wracking our brain over.

I've seen a lot of review places site that this ram is the fastest or that ram is the fastest etc. And all of those ram sticks are CL 15. I'm seeing some cas latency 12 ram on newegg, only from Kingston and Corsair. Wouldn't those ram modules be faster than the 15's? Why do Kingston and Corsair only have the magic to produce such low latency ram?

Really on this ram deal right now, it's kind of annoying.

CAS latency numbers are relative to the clock of the RAM, rather than real time. It's only kinda useful, in general faster RAM will do good

rrs

What is the math they use to determine the 'ns'? I thought I understood it but I don't in the wikipedia article.

I seen this on another post -
9 / (2133/2) = 8.4ns latency
10 / (2400/2) = 8.3ns latency

But that math doesn't make sense either.

cycles / sec^-1 (Hz) = seconds per cycle
microseconds (the result from the above operation, considering Hz is in MHz) * 1000 = ns

drotahorror

cycles / sec^-1 (Hz) = seconds per cycle
microseconds (the result from the above operation, considering Hz is in MHz) * 1000 = ns

Got it thanks!

Or maybe I don't.

So I did 10 CL / 2400 = .0042 (averaged)
.0042 * 1000 = 4.2

So did that equation I quote go wrong somewhere (the other one, not yours) or is that right?

rrs

Got it thanks!

Or maybe I don't.

So I did 10 CL / 2400 = .0042 (averaged)
.0042 * 1000 = 4.2

So did that equation I quote go wrong somewhere (the other one, not yours) or is that right?

I/O bus is half the speed slapped on the ROM, thus the 2133/2 and 2400/2

drotahorror

Cool understand it now thanks. It's probably something not even that important right now but we've been studying the shit outta this ram stuff for a couple hours.

CaLe

If you were closer I'd help rehome your old parts ;)

Though I am driving through next month...

Let me know, I'd keep my old parts for you instead of putting them on Kijiji.

I have R5 and it is awesome! Maybe can consider define S if you don't need 5.25" or 3.5" bays. The evolv atx also looks great I think. You can get quad channel ram as x99 is suited for that I think. Had 4x4gb for mine. Also get an ssd if you don't already have one haha

Do you have any RAM in particular to suggest ? Thanks for the help.

Someone from work let me borrow a 7970 I have a 7870XT. The 7970 is a Saphire Dual X OC. So it is overclocked to 1000GHz, which is what the 7970GHZ edition is clocked to. I'm actually thinking about installing both and playing with crossfire.

I just put my Skylake build together and was wondering what the standard temp ranges are for the 6700k under various loads.

Also what free temp monitoring software do you guys recommend?

I currently have an I5 2500K. I'm a programmer, so I do a lot of compiling. I'm also thinking of running a few VMs. As such, I'm looking for a CPU with extra cores and threads.

I found the following i7-3960X for about 500$ CAD:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00603QXPW/

I was wondering if :

- Get the i7-3960X and rock it for a few more years.
- Upgrade to Skylake (ex: i7 6700K) and as such also upgrade my motherboard and RAM.
- Keep the i5 2600K and wait for the next generation

Budget: About 800$

Current rig:

I5 2500K
24GB RAM DDR3 1600
GTX 908 TI
800W Power Supply
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

Thanks

Wait for Broadwell-E, it uses the same X99 chipset and mobos as Haswell-E. So you can get a Haswell-E for supercheap when they firesale those.

LordAlu

Hi all, I have a few questions. I have a pretty bad desktop for gaming - it's an i3-3240 @ 3.4 with 6 GB RAM and no real graphics card. That doesn't sound too bad, maybe, but it's one of those all-in-one numbers so it can't really be upgraded and I haven't been able to play any PC games the whole time I've had it. Even stuff like DOTA 2 runs at a crawl. I knew nothing about computers when I bought it a couple of years ago, and now I want to get something new. I really want to do my research this time and spend my money right.

So, with that being said, I'm wondering about what tier of Hazaro's amazing build sheet to shoot for. My real issue is just thinking about the sorts of games that I want to play - I'm not going to be going in for any Witcher/GTA/Crysis-level stuff, so it doesn't need to be super top of the line, but I also don't want to undershoot the mark.

My Steam library (I bought a bunch of games in the hopes of eventually getting a good machine...anyone else do that?) is Transistor, Metal Gear Rising, Valkyria Chronicles, Hotline Miami, Dark Souls, and Grim Fandango Remastered, and my Steam wish list is Hyper Light Drifter, No Man's Land, Jotun, Death's Gambit, and Rain World. Given those games and the assumption that I'll also play games like these in the future, is Hazaro's "Great" level good enough, or do I really need that "Excellent" class? My budget is 12-1300, but I also need a new monitor, keyboard, drawing tablet, etc....

Ok, that's a lot of text! Any help or advice is super appreciated!
A build like this would work for you:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($63.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.77 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($308.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($72.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Asus VN248Q-P 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($169.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Cougar 200K Wired Gaming Keyboard ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1193.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-10 02:45 EDT-0400

I've left some room for a tablet but I have no idea what one you'd go for. You can pick up Windows from Reddit for about $25.

Arex

Do you have any RAM in particular to suggest ? Thanks for the help.
I have corsair lpx.. Gskill seems good too, but I'm not really knowledgable to give suggestion
Wait for Broadwell-E, it uses the same X99 chipset and mobos as Haswell-E. So you can get a Haswell-E for supercheap when they firesale those.
That's true, if he can wait then he probly should. If not, the 5820k seems good enough imo, 6800k and 6850k don't look like they have much diff to the 5820k. He can still upgrade to the 10core 6950k later lol

RGM79

Someone from work let me borrow a 7970 I have a 7870XT. The 7970 is a Saphire Dual X OC. So it is overclocked to 1000GHz, which is what the 7970GHZ edition is clocked to. I'm actually thinking about installing both and playing with crossfire.

You can't run them in crossfire.

What's the best upgrade from a 2600k?

Depends on your use case. What are your full system specs, what do you use your PC for, and are there any specific situations you've been in where you found your computer to be lacking or not capable?

I just put my Skylake build together and was wondering what the standard temp ranges are for the 6700k under various loads.

Also what free temp monitoring software do you guys recommend?

Depends on what cooler your have. There's HWInfo, HWMonitor, and others.

Since I don't think I've seen it mentioned in here....

What's everyone's thoughts on this deal?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1198580&page=1

It's definitely a solid deal considering you don't have to build it yourself. (The price if you do is fairly comparible and you can be more selective about the quality of your parts.) So basically it comes down to if you want to build it yourself or not. I'm not sure what kind of Motherboard, Ram and PSU it's using. That'd be my only concern as it could be limiting to a degree (Mainly just for OC potential if that's something you care about). The 6700 non K model isn't overclock-able anyway though. Once again, it may not matter depending on your personal needs. But just additional information before you make a decision.

H1PSTER

Depends on your use case. What are your full system specs, what do you use your PC for, and are there any specific situations you've been in where you found your computer to be lacking or not capable?

6700k, just last week upgraded from a 2600k myself and I can tell the difference in every game I play along with video editing. OC'd to 4.6 with the asus z170a app.

16GB RAM
GTX 980

--

I have dual monitors and sometimes when playing games on one screen my fps stutters which is frustrating.

That's about it, I feel like it is more about making the PC a little more modern as I built it when Sandy Bridge was first released.

Since I don't think I've seen it mentioned in here....

What's everyone's thoughts on this deal?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1198580&page=1

Even though its a decent deal as far as buying pre-built goes, I would never buy a pre-built. I like having complete control over what goes into my system, cable management, etc.

For those who just 100% don't want to build themselves (even though its super easy nowadays!), this is a good deal.

GRaider81

Beginning to think about my next build in prep for the new cards to spread out cost

I'm currently using a i5 4690k OCd to 4.3mhz and a 980ti.

If upgrading to sky lake and an i7 6700k will I see much improvement over my i5?

LilJoka

Beginning to think about my next build in prep for the new cards to spread out cost

I'm currently using a i5 4690k OCd to 4.3mhz and a 980ti.

If upgrading to sky lake and an i7 6700k will I see much improvement over my i5?

No, that would be daft, sell the 4690k and get the 4790k at most. And i would only do that if a game is demanding more CPU resources. At 4.3Ghz, i doubt thats happening often or at all.

GRaider81

No, that would be daft, sell the 4690k and get the 4790k at most. And i would only do that if a game is demanding more CPU resources. At 4.3Ghz, i doubt thats happening often or at all.

Ok thanks,

Do you think that the 4690 or 4790k setups will also be more than sufficient for pascal? If I don't really need to upgrade to skylake then that would be better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom