• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think the N64 is Nintendo's worst machine and era

Irminsul

Replay some SNES games. Most of them have aged TERRIBLY especially RPGs. Final Fantasy 4, Secret of Mana, Breath of Fire 1, Breath of Fire 2, Tales of Phantasia, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia are almost unplayable now. Castlevania 4, F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, Super Mario Kart, even A Link to the Past are showing its age. And tbh I think Chrono Trigger isn't that great outside its combat mechanics.

The SNES might be the most overrated console of all time.
Is there some kind of "worst opinion" competition going on in this thread?

What exactly is "unplayable" about Secret of Mana? How are DKC, SMK and ALTTP "showing their age"? What?

daTRUballin

What exactly is "unplayable" about Secret of Mana? How are DKC, SMK and ALTTP "showing their age"? What?

I can agree with him on Super Mario Kart at least. Recently played the game with a friend of mine on an emulator and man was it rough. But it could've just been the emulator or it could've just been that we both have never played the game before that point, so we went into it without any kind of nostalgia associated with it. I dunno.

Spman2099

Replay some SNES games. Most of them have aged TERRIBLY especially RPGs. Final Fantasy 4, Secret of Mana, Breath of Fire 1, Breath of Fire 2, Tales of Phantasia, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia are almost unplayable now. Castlevania 4, F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, Super Mario Kart, even A Link to the Past are showing its age. And tbh I think Chrono Trigger isn't that great outside its combat mechanics.

It is very true that Final Fantasy 4, Breath of Fire 1, Breath of Fire 2, and Lufia have all aged poorly. I have played all those games in the last ten years or so and found that to be true.

Donkey Kong Country always had a questionable art style; it was just novel at the time.

Star Fox is still great, but it always chugged. The N64 Starfox game is king for a reason. Similarly, you would be better served getting your Tales games on the PS1, even thought Phantasia on the SNES is still better than all the Tales games that happened after the PS2.

You are flat out wrong about the other games. Illusion of Gaia looks better than almost everything on the N64. I am playing it right now. It is still awesome. Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Castlevania 4, F-Zero (it may lack multiplayer, but having the best soundtrack in a video game ever should count for something), Super Mario Kart (though I admit that Mario Kart 64 is definitely the better game), A Link to the Past, and Chrono Trigger are still brilliant. They look excellent and they play really well.

All those games are amazing, and there are literally hundreds more like them on the console. The SNES is Nintendo at their best.

You mean the ram cart that didn't come until years later and was only required for 2-3 games and was literally given away with one of them?

"Given away" is a bit disingenuous. It would be better to say "sold with" seeing as DK64 was considerably more expensive than other N64 games that year because it came with the RAM cart.

Dishwalla

Banned

Dude I replay SNES games more than any other system's games, you're tripping.

Firemind

I can agree with him on Super Mario Kart at least. Recently played the game with a friend of mine on an emulator and man was it rough. But it could've just been the emulator or it could've just been that we both have never played the game before that point, so we went into it without any kind of nostalgia associated with it. I dunno.
SMK's tracks have no elevation which makes them pretty boring to race through. Same with F-Zero. If you really want to play the SMK tracks, play Super Circuit which has all the SMK tracks and 24 more tracks.

I think the most damning thing about the N64 is revealed through the list wars. All of the N64 lists, proving the greatness of the console, start strong, but they get highly dubious really quickly.

Beyond that, even some of the most cherished games were still essentially just glorified proofs of concept. Golden Eye was always a little janky. It hasn't aged well. It was a great time, but there were always problems.

I think the fact that it had four controller ports, and the fact that Nintendo's first party games really nailed the multiplayer component, is the one saving grace. However, it is hard to see the console as a huge success when you consider how few games there were, how many genres were essentially just absent, and the quality of it's competitors lineup. As a teenager, the system basically forced me to buy a Playstation. At the time that was something I REALLY didn't want to do, as Nintendo was home to me.

I feel if you compared Square and Capcom's output on the PS1 to the entire N64 lineup, the PS1 would probably have more killer titles.

I can sort of agree with some of this. In a list of top-15 games, I think the N64 is way better than its competitors and up there with the best ever. Up that to top-30, and the volume of games to choose from on, say, Sony consoles, means you'll probably find games just as good. Make it top-50 and you'll likely be struggling to think of N64 games near the end, so the PS games will be way ahead of whatever N64 crap you're using to fill up the list.

I do think more N64 games have aged well than on PlayStation, though.

Disagree with that. All of that.

Not for me. I'm a quality over quantity guy and the N64 has some truly genre-defying games. I mean, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time anf Goldeneye 007 will top best games ever lists for decades to come. And then you have games like Pilotwings, Waverace, 180 Snowboarding, StarFox 64, Banjo, Perfect Dark and the game I considered the best game ever until Bloodborne: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask.

Haganeren

Well, i'm a huge fan of the Super Nintendo as a retrogamer (well, who wouldn't ?) and Secret of Mana was a big disappointment to me and i played with a friend recently, the hitbox detection sometime work, sometime doesn't but it's actually not a bug, no, you're supposed to hit when the bar reach 100% AND if you have proper level.... At least that's what i had to do to player the game. If you don't your attack will keep missing for no reason.

Let's not talk about the overpowered magic either.

Don't know why Illusion of Gaia would be unplayable though, i thought it was a really good game... Not AS good as Terranigma but still !

MrBadger

I'd strongly disagree with this. The only SNES games I think show their age are the ones that try to be 3D like Mariokart. Games like ALTTP are so mechanically sound that Nintendo can put out a sequel on the 3DS with identical map design and core mechanics, and have it be a critical success.

Regginator

If it wasn't for primarily Mario 64 and Zelda OOT (and a handful of others like Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, GoldenEye and maybe MM), I'd probably agree. Controller was a mess, and because 3D games were the new thing, it also affected the performance. Despite it being a masterpiece, OOT for example ran at 17fps on PAL hardware. Mario 64 was 25fps IIRC

Mr.Fox

Nintendo DS is. I don't think I really like a single Nintendo game from that system. Some good third party titles doe.

True, Metroid is boring, Starfox's controls suck, most Mario games are at best "ok" (including New Super Mario Bros), Pokemon was just ok too.

The only first party games that I REALLY liked, and that I can remember right now and feel a bit of desire to play again are Golden Sun and Picross 3D. Rythm & Heaven was a fun game too, but pretty hard (both in game difficulty, and emotionally difficulty because it required you to keep bashing and scratching your screen nonstop).

Karakato_001

Neo Member

A couple years ago I bought both a US converted N64 and SFC with some of the essentials included. To this day I feel that of the two past consoles that were touted as one of the best systems of all time, only the SNES for the most part lives up to the hype. The N64 didn't offer the variety of games the SNES did and was lacking in some of my favorite genres, 2d platforming and RPG's. I tried to give the N64 controller a chance but even if I was holding it the "right" way, it still felt awkward because of the asymmetry of the placement of the stick and the buttons. The N64 in far from a bad system but from what I've seen and played, yes I agree with the OP, the other Nintendo Consoles have a more appealing game library.

Celine

Quest 64 was really fun .... but way too short a game.
Quest 64 is a mediocre game which got into the spotlight only because it was touted as the first RPG on a RPG starved system.
Other games on N64 like Mystical Ninja and Hybrid Heaven are much more worthy to be played.

Celine

Almost unplayable my ass.

tkscz

And while we're on the subject, can we stop putting Mischief Makers on lists of games nobody played? Every time someone does a group of people come out of know where having played the game. Treasure has gone on record saying it was their best selling game.

Firemind

Almost unplayable my ass.
Have you read some of the dialogue in SNES RPGs in recent years? They are cringeworthy, which may have to do with the technical limitations and localization budgets at the time, but aside from Chrono Trigger and FF6, they're really bad. It's probably one of the reasons games such as Super Metroid and A Link to the Past hold up because you don't really interact with anyone.

I'd strongly disagree with this. The only SNES games I think show their age are the ones that try to be 3D like Mariokart. Games like ALTTP are so mechanically sound that Nintendo can put out a sequel on the 3DS with identical map design and core mechanics, and have it be a critical success.
ALTTP really suffers from the ambition Nintendo set out to accomplish. There are a lot of dungeons, but all of them are quite small and therefore short. I can't really think of a memorable dungeon; Ganon's Tower probably being one of the worst ones. And while the light/dark world is a brilliant mechanic, it suffers from too much trial and error: if you warp to a place that doesn't let you, you'll warp right back. LA gets criticized for the constant item switching and OoT gets criticized for the Iron Boots switching. I feel like people put ALTTP on too high of a pedestal, which lets them remember the good parts, not the not-so-good designed parts.

dlauv

It was the beginning of the end, but it wasn't as dire as the Gamecube, which reaffirmed peoples fears in the N64 and Nintendo.

And then the Wii did it again.

N64>GC>Wii>Wii U, honestly.

I agree. There are some amazing, top of the line Nintendo games on the N64, but the notion that the handful of awesome games it has are somehow "so much better" than the games on other platforms that they count for more is laughable. Other Nintendo platforms have games that are just as good, in greater quantity, with more genre diversity, and better support from third parties (many of whose games have been just as good as Nintendo's). The only Nintendo console the N64 might be better than is the Wii U.

Celine

Have you read some of the dialogue in SNES RPGs in recent years? They are cringeworthy, which may have to do with the technical limitations and localization budgets at the time, but aside from Chrono Trigger and FF6, they're really bad. It's probably one of the reasons games such as Super Metroid and A Link to the Past hold up because you don't really interact with anyone.
I did play Illusion of Gaia recently and there is nothing unplayable about it.
Dialogues are serviceable.

Rezae

I've been there through every era with Nintendo, and I lean towards the GC being the weakest. You take Metroid Prime out of the equation (one of the greatest games of all-time IMO), and it's weak time for Nintendo (MK Double Dash was good too). Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker weren't BAD games, but I think it's fair to say there were design decisions that weakened them quite a bit. It just seems like a very forgettable time for Nintendo.

I think the N64 era is way overrated but still good, and while most of the games have aged poorly, there is no denying the quality of many titles at the time though. Great multiplayer memories with that system too.

I don't think the Wii and Wii U eras are as bad as people make them out to be either. If nothing else the Mario titles released over the past decade have been wonderful. Some lazy and repetitive design though, something that has always been un-Nintendo like.

NES/SNES era are still the gold standard IMO, and I frequently go back play many titles from those eras.

My order: SNES > NES > N64 = Wii > Wii U > GC

Aroll

I can't agree.

It doesn't help that you start out by saying the system has no games after Mario 64 and Zelda titles. Heck, calling Banjo and Koozie a game that doesn't stand the test of time is laughable. Is it because Microsoft ripped apart Rare LTD and thus killed off the IP? Has nothing to do with the original quality of the first title. IT hasn't been remastered and rereleased over and over again because Microsoft hates money (as in, they absolutely should). It stands the test of time easily. Yooka-Laylee literally exists because of it.

But let's set aside that absolutely fantastic game and look at your complaints. Now, 2D games were obvious;y not prominent - this is an era when 3D console gaming became the new in thing to do. Can't fix your desire there. But no RPG games?

Paper Mario
Quest 64
Ogre Battle 64
Harvest Moon 64
Shadowgate 64

Not a huge list, but a pretty good list. JRPG's were all going to the PlayStation at this time.

But let's dive deeper into the no games claim.

- Goldeneye - literally popularized and paved the path for Halo/Call of Duty to do multiplayer. Not a Nintendo game, was exclusive to Nintendo's platform. Deserves to be up there with Mario 64 and Zelda for the genre it's in.
- Conker's Bad Fur Day - still holds up to this day, and did get full remastered on Xbox. Microsoft did what Microsoft did for all of Rare's IP and killed it off.
- Super Smash Bros - uh... does anything need to be said?
- Pokemon Stadium 1/2 - still today the best Pokemon games on home consoles, and it was great you could import Pokemon from your handheld games.
- Mario Kart 64 - didn't start on this platform, doesn't change the impact. Still by many considered to be the best in the series.
- Perfect Dark - the lesser of the FPS game mentions, but literally just as good for very different reasons.
- Star Fox 64 - still today, the defacto standard for the series. Most recent release literally "remade" this title. Also was ported to 3DS.

And the list goes on and on. Not nearly as extensive as the SNES, but much vaster than the GameCube. The GameCube didn't have any games that were near that same importance, and not in nearly the same abundance. IT has some good games, but N64 clearly has the better library overall.

Can't obviously talk about the visuals. They looked good at the time, but sure they had some muddyness. IT's all personal preference. That's why I talked about the games. When people basically reduce the library of N64 to 3 titles (two from one series), it really brings to light how inexperienced they myst have been growing up, because the N64 had a ton of hits.

It may not have had a lot of hits for say, a specific genre you want (JPRG), but then, the consoles that had that also didn't hit all the right chords with 3D Platformers, or party games, etc. Each console back then had it's ups and downs depending on what genre you like. It wasn't until more modern times when you could really look at a console and say "this has everything in abundance" - and much of that is thanks to the growth of the indie game scene.

Spman2099

I can sort of agree with some of this. In a list of top-15 games, I think the N64 is way better than its competitors and up there with the best ever. Up that to top-30, and the volume of games to choose from on, say, Sony consoles, means you'll probably find games just as good. Make it top-50 and you'll likely be struggling to think of N64 games near the end, so the PS games will be way ahead of whatever N64 crap you're using to fill up the list.

I do think more N64 games have aged well than on PlayStation, though.

I think you could put a pretty solid top ten list together for the N64. However, you would start seeing weakness in a top twenty list. The Playstation could go WELL over a hundred games without having a shaky title. I think the 90th best game on the PS1 would probably still be in the same class as a top ten N64 game. Mainly because the games would still be truly great at that point.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
My order for Nintendo consoles is N64>SNES>GC>NES>Wii U>Wii

I value first party Nintendo games above all, so the lack of third party support or JRPGs or whatever on the N64 never really bothered me. I take a console with Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time and the Rare games over anything else.

Might as well do this as well:

Nes>Snes>>>>>>>>Wii>>>>>>Gamecube>>>Wii U>N64

All of them are great in their own ways and well worth owning though.

PaulBizkit

SNES >>>>>>>>>> NES > N64 > WII = GAMECUBE

SNES is the best nintendo console ever, in all aspects. Some games have aged poorly but that's only on the visual aspect.

I bought a second-hand n64 in 2005 and i had a lot of fun with banjo, mario, fzero, star fox, poke stadium and Jet Force Gemini (a.k.a. the most underrated masterpiece ever created, dear lord, dat planet variety + gameplay)

But what makes the n64 feel so barren is the fact that MOST of its "good and above" games are first party. It's like all nintendo games "count as 1".

Drek

The correct answer here is a tight race between the GC and Wii.

Why these two?

The NES and SNES were peak Nintendo when their first parties could basically do no wrong and third parties heavily favored their consoles. This was and still is Nintendo's golden age for home consoles so they're both obviously head and shoulders above here.

The Wii U, while dying an early death, was carried by a very top heavy library that mixes high quality titles with significant innovation and will likely stand the test of time quite well. MK8 is the best in the franchise by a healthy margin. Mario 3D World is on the higher end of 3D Marios. The Smash entry is quality. Bayo 1&2, W101, Lego City Undercover, etc. give it a strong if shallow roster of exclusive and unique 3rd party offerings. This alone wouldn't be enough but the likelihood of Mario Maker and Splatoon being tent pole franchises going forward puts the system in a different class from the GC and Wii where their big new IPs simply haven't (Pikmin, Metroid Prime on GC and the Wii Sports/Play/etc. motion focused titles on Wii).

So it really turns into a fight between GC and Wii which actually makes a lot of sense since they were so tied to one another. The GC had the weakest Mario to date with Sunshine. Not a bad game but it isn't 64 or even 3D World and I'd absolutely take either Galaxy over it. So that is a blow to the GC. Wind Waker is better than Skyward Sword but as the Wii kidnapped Twilight Princess they both really only got 1.5 Zeldas anyhow. That goes against the Wii. I'm not a big fan of MK: Double Dash at all and so would absolutely give that round to the Wii, while the GC wins on Smash. So we're looking at a draw through the four tent pole first party franchises of both systems' life cycles.

Both had solid Fire Emblem entries, I wouldn't deduct anything on that front. The GC had Metroid Prime 1 and 2 but the Wii had 3, the trilogy, and added some really nice motion controls so I'd give that edge to the Wii honestly as the only place to play all three. Pikmin and the sequel were originally GC but again, the Wii releases with motion controls work very well. No Wii exclusive Pikmin here makes me give the W to the GC unlike with Metroid. So on the frequently represented secondary titles we still see them neck and neck.

Moving into the 3rd party titles and less frequently represented franchises it really boils down to how you feel about motion controls. If you hate them you would probably take the better Paper Mario, the GC version of RE4, the last F-Zero game, etc. over the Wii's offerings such as Xenoblade, Tatsunoko v. Capcom, etc.. If instead you can enjoy them the volume of Wii Sports/Play/etc. content along with the improvement to games like Tiger Woods Golf and having unique titles like Sin & Punishment, Mad World, etc. would push the Wii ahead.

I'd personally take the Wii because I really love Xenoblade and find motion controls to be hit and miss, but when they hit really enjoyable. So to me the worst is the GC by a clear margin.

Sephzilla

9HnN3GU.gif

andymcc

Banned
While I do think the SNES is overrated, especially considering the nice competition from that particular generation, but the N64 is by long and far Nintendo's worst console for me too. Outside of a few tentpole games on the system, Mario 64 mainly, I don't really care for it. Games have aged badly and the genres I love most barely got any representation on it compared to the vastly superior Playstation and Saturn.

Meowster

I love the console and their top games are some of the greatest ever made but I don't disagree. I can't deny the nostalgia it gives me though.

brokentrain

the snes was an amazing console, and it probably is overrated, but its so good, that even if you account for it being overrated it still is in the top 2 of nintendo's machines. I'd say it's overrated only because the nds is underrated. The library on that thing is ridiculous, its like the second coming of the snes, nevermind the touchscreen innovations and whatnot.

the n64 for me rates pretty highly as well, but i know a large part of it is nostalgia, and it's hard to pull that part away from ranking this thing objectively. It does have a more solid library than the wii, plus it did start the whole analog stick thing, and used it well, which is nice.

whereas to me, the wii was the land of broken dreams (and broken tvs if you're one of those people). I was very excited to own one back when it came out, and indeed i was very happy with it for a while, but after the novelty wears off, you start seeing how none of what it tries to change really works out that well - its more like an early adopter technology, something that wants to be built upon in future generations rather than be great itself. The motion controls didnt even get really solid until the wii motion plus add on. Many things that came out on this system end up feeling like 'interim iterations' as well, something to just keep people busy until the system can be refined further in a sequel.

so I guess in the end my own rating would be something like (considering handhelds since i dont think op said no handhelds only no virtual boy):
nds > snes > nes > gbc/gb > gba > n64 > 3ds > gc > wii u > wii > game and watch (it only plays one game!)

kunonabi

SNES >>>>>>>>>> NES > N64 > WII = GAMECUBE

SNES is the best nintendo console ever, in all aspects. Some games have aged poorly but that's only on the visual aspect.

I bought a second-hand n64 in 2005 and i had a lot of fun with banjo, mario, fzero, star fox, poke stadium and Jet Force Gemini (a.k.a. the most underrated masterpiece ever created, dear lord, dat planet variety + gameplay)

But what makes the n64 feel so barren is the fact that MOST of its "good and above" games are first party. It's like all nintendo games "count as 1".

eh, it depends. My N64 favorites are 13-11 in Nintendo's favor and a bunch of those are just games they published by third parties.

What's this? Memory cards? Heaven forbid a console from the mid 90's have those. It's a good thing N64 had some games with built in save slots though right? Not like a certain system where you basically need one if want to continue playing anything at all.

The N64 memory cards were notoriously faulty and erased data constantly.

MagnesD3

I do agree the snes is super overrated

Would you consider the N64 console/era Nintendo's worst? Or do you have a soft spot for Nintendo's first foray into 3D? If yes, why?

I agree. The N64 is my least favourite Nintendo console to date.

Expensive cartridges, disappointing franchise installments and a barren release schedule.

There were a few bright spots but not enough to prevent the N64 feeling like a huge disappointment to me.

dtm808

I have never seen so much wrong in one post.

Mael

I see that we've entered the world of hyperbole!
The only thing missing is now someone to come and shit on all things Gameboy and the circle will be complete.
And serious case of rose tinted glasses going on here.
It's so easy to come now and claim that stuffs like Goldeneye were not even that good when nothing like that was thought possible when it came out.
Oh yeah SNES was definitely overrated, look at how these RPGs were badly localized and compare that with the flawless localisation of OoT!
And Quest64 definitely makes up for any RPG deficiency the n64 had!
And wtf at that post about SNES games being unplayable these days? Like seriously it's because there's no achivement or something?

MagnesD3

What is not super overrated, is criminally underrated.
I think there's a ton of good games on the system but the quality is barely on par with many of the greatest games ever I find. So there's a lot of good games but GOAT material not so much. I feel this system has the most people with rose tinted nostalgia glasses for it than any other.

Celine

Or the fact that many ignores its "good and above" games made by third parties.

Doom 64
Top Gear Rally
World Driver Championship
Beetle Adventure Racing
Wetrix
Mace the dark age
Mischief Makers
Castlevania Legacy of darkness
Goemon's Great Adventure
Mystical Ninja
International Superstar Soccer 2000
Hybrid Heaven
Gauntlet Legends
Ogre Battle 64 (Published by Nintendo and Quest in Japan)
San Francisco Rush
Rush 2
San Francisco Rush 2048
Hydro Thunder
NFL Blitz 2000
Bomberman 64
Fighter Destiny 2
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
007 The world is not enough
Turok
Rayman 2
Bust a Move 99
Duke Nukem Zero Hour
Wipeout 64
Spiderman
Tony Hawk
Shadowman
Forsaken 64
Rocket Robot on wheels
Space Station Silicon Valley
Resident Evil 2
Harvest Moon 64
F1 World Grand Prix 2
Micro Machines 64
WWF No Mercy
Vigilante 8 2nd offense

There's nothing technical about what he said. In fact I doubt he's even played those systems to make such a ridiculous statement. It's just plain insulting to put it in with those two.

I am sure not many people actually had those systems back in the days. It was a niche market because of the high tech that made them very expensive. So, did you actually own one of these systems? If yes, what were your favorite games and why?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I am sure not many people actually had those systems back in the days. It was a niche market because of the high tech that made them very expensive.

I see you understand at last. Now you know exactly why what he said was bullshit.

However if I did own a 3DO I'd most likely have Street Fighter 2 and Star Control 2. Though why would I spend $700 just to play those?

Then there's that Jaguar. $250 bundled with a game that looks and plays worse than Star Fox for the SNES? Would someone like to make a silly claim that the N64 is just like the Jaguar because it's 64-bit and uses cartridges?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow! Finally caught up on this massive thread and it seems that general consensus agrees with me on the N64 being Nintendo's worst.
NKq0BiQ.gif

I knew people would try to toss the Flop U under the bus but truth is, the Wii U simply has a better library with some of Nintendo's best 1st party entries and better 3rd party support despite it's short lifespan and is a sleeker looking machine, unlike the Fisher Price design of the N64 imo.

Surprised at the Banjo stans coming out of the woodwork. Were the Banjo games ever considered anything but a stale Mario 64 ripoff? Nuts and Bolts is the first good Banjo game because it tried something new, had a unique art style and wasn't a pale imitation of a better game that played like molasses. So glad was got Nuts and Bolts instead of "Banjo Threeie".

I hate you so much right now.

?

Is it not common to throw away old, unwanted systems? I almost don't want to tell you about the perfectly working Dreamcast I threw in the trash in 2015 when I was clearing out my closet to get rid of old clutter...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I see a lot of angry people that complain about controls.
have you guys tried modding your n64 stick to a gamecube one?
They are about 9 bucks on ebay, and no soldering skills required.
You could also use a Hori MiniPad 64 but they are about 70 bucks.

Oh and how can you hate diddy kong racing?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I see a lot of angry people that complain about controls.
have you guys tried modding your n64 stick to a gamecube one?
They are about 9 bucks on ebay, and no soldering skills required.
You could also use a Hori MiniPad 64 but they are about 70 bucks.

Oh and how can you hate diddy kong racing?

Who hates Diddy Kong Racing? That was the best kart racer on the N64.

Mario Kart 64 was terrible. The Mario Kart series didn't become good until Double Dash.

Top Bottom