• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN and GameSpot will have Halo 2 hands-on after midnight (PST)

Odysseus

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
Single player?

Of course not. :(

The beta is strictly multiplayer. I believe the next EGM (or was it XBN? Or both?) is supposed to have a blowout on Halo 2, single player included.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Oh great, more hands-on. More impressions, how about some more screens too? Yeah that's right, we need to know every single detail about this game before it's released. I'm tired of it. And yeah, I'll do exactly what you were about to suggest. I won't read the hands-on, I won't even look at it. I won't look at any more Halo 2 threads. I'm sick of it. Just shut up already and deliver me THE GAME.

IJoel

BORING!

Put some damn new screens already. It's gotten so very old already. I'm fucking sick of Zanzibar already.

Ramirez

Considerin the screens that have been filtering out lately aren't Zanzibar,I'm guessing these impressions will be on new levels.(hopefully :p)

SyNapSe

Ramirez said:
Considerin the screens that have been filtering out lately aren't Zanzibar,I'm guessing these impressions will be on new levels.(hopefully :p)

Yeah, they seem to have a new MP demo-type version out now. Which is great. Personally, I expect to hear nothing more about the single player (outside of maybe shots from an official trailer) until the release. At that point, I will avoid all threads on online message boards as much as possible. I know people are taking the day/week off.. and I'm sure some asses will play through on easy in 8-10 hours or something and post the whole story all over the intraweb. SCREW THAT! Thanks, I'll be playing through slowly via single + Co-Op play.. then I'll break out multi and come back on the boards.

border

Who cares? These multiplayer impressions are getting pretty tiresome. If they have new high-res video going up, that might be kinda cool.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
For those of you who are eagerly anticipating videos and previews here's a toy:

Xbox.com said:
Desktop Master Chief
Super soldier Master Chief is back in action in Halo 2 and you now have the chance to get him on your desktop! Downloading your very own desktop Master Chief will give you access to all kinds of news and special features to help prepare you for the release of one of the most anticipated titles of the year.

Download him now to receive regular news bulletins and automated feeds about the game as well as exclusive tasters of Halo 2. These are guaranteed to give you the edge once you get your sticky mitts on the game! Not only will you catch stacks of videos and other multimedia which will demonstrate the game's blistering gameplay and stunning visuals, your desktop Master Chief will give you the chance to win fantastic Halo 2 merchandise with competitions and offers!

Spike

What happens if the single player is not that good? Maybe they focus on multiplayer because that is the strongpoint?

Just playing devil's advocate. But, you never know...

Odysseus

Banned
Spike said:
What happens if the single player is not that good? Maybe they focus on multiplayer because that is the strongpoint?

I doubt that will be a problem. From the first game, not to mention the three Halo novels, I think the single player experience will be A-OK.

Prine

Banned
Spike said:

impossible

Odysseus

Banned
Operations said:
How do you know GameSpot will do the same thing?

Someone grabbed that tidbit off the GameSpot boards. And if you have read Hil's article on covering the game, he said that an embargo that was set to expire next week has been moved up to midnight tonight. All the online sites will be able to release the latest round of hands-on impressions.

epmode

Odysseus said:
And if you have read Hil's article on covering the game, he said that an embargo that was set to expire next week has been moved up to midnight tonight. All the online sites will be able to release the latest round of hands-on impressions.
suddenly, i'm acutely aware of just how fucked up videogame journalism is. what a strange way to do business.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
nice write up. the matchmaking, hosting and ranking all sounds way cool. props to bungie. 2 more months!

Sai

Old stuff... Boring... Old... Already knew... :( :(

Well, at least there's now less than 2 months 'til release. That makes me feel better.

* Sai goes to bed.

Sai

Uh-oh--

halo-2-20040909100551746.jpg

[EDIT] - Uh-oh--

halo-2-20040909100541964.jpg

GhaleonEB

Bungie's commitment to offering the best multiplayer experience and the time that's been devoted to making that happen are paying off in spades in Halo 2. Improved visuals, a robust and innovative matching system, a ranking system, and polished gameplay all add up to offer an experience that will likely be the pinnacle of the first-person shooting genre on the Xbox, if not all consoles. If you consider that the game's multiplayer mode feels so right, even in its work-in-progress state, and consider how impressive the original game's single-player mode was, it's not too big of a stretch to say that Halo 2 will likely live up to the hype and be THE game to buy this fall.

Coming from the usually cautious Gamespot, that's pretty intense praise.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Teddman said:
Whoa, are those pics above potential single-player mode spoilers?

naw, just elite and spartans on the same side in MP... though i guess its possible they could teamup in SP as well at some point...

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
naw, just elite and spartans on the same side in MP... though i guess its possible they could teamup in SP as well at some point...

Well, that German teaser box did promise "surprising allies", so anything is possible....

Sai

'k, the Gamespot preview made me feel even better(IGN's was somewhat underwhelmin' for some reason...).

Bed now. Seriously.

Pug

Bed, bloody hell just got to work (got in early as well for some unknow reason 8.58am), ah well 8 hrs till the weekend. Sould I claim for those 2 minutes?

Top Bottom