• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGNPC reviews Scrapland!

Mrbob

8.3 biznatches!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/563/563336p1.html

Every once in a while, you play a game that reminds you of what you're missing. PC gaming is full of deadly serious games, from Call of Duty, to Rome: Total War to Max Payne, so running into something like Scrapland is like finding a balloon artist at a wake. Like all good humor, it's more than just funny lines or goofy-looking creatures. It's also about situations and slightly subversive overtones

* 9.0 * Presentation
The production values are something you'd expect from a triple-A publisher. *
* 8.8 * Graphics
Varied and very imaginative art style makes Chimera a neat world to call your playground. *
* 9.0 * Sound
Great voice acting, lots of sound effects, and a polished soundtrack. *
* 7.0 * Gameplay
It's fun, but it's also too linear, there's too much running around, and reconstructing ships is just too expensive. *
* 8.0 * Lasting Appeal
If you liked Beyond Good & Evil, you'll like Scrapland. If you never play either, you're missing out, in my opinion. *
OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

Sounds intriguing. But with so many games coming out this is going on my 'To buy in the future' list!

thorns

Banned
I love Metal Arms, gamespot says late jan 2005 for the xbox version, I hope that is still true.

589594_20041021_screen001.jpg

921659_20041018_screen001.jpg

589594_20041021_screen005.jpg

921659_20041018_screen006.jpg

These are Xbox screenshots, damn the game looks awesome.

FoneBone

Don't know... the demo was kinda fun, but unlike BG&E, it seemed to have a lot of arbitrary goals that weren't well-integrated into the plot. May pick it up eventually, though.

Top Bottom