• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

bubnbob

Banned
I got the option to import my data, I am on the same PS3 as I played inFamous on. I didn't Platinum it.

I basically got goodies like "Start at Level 1 Karma" - "Longer Energy Bar" - etc.

Nothing really game-breaking.

lljride

I just realized last night that I'm in the same boat with a lot of you guys, forgot I lost my I1 save with my YLOD 60GB a few years ago. I'm half tempted to run through it again over the weekend, but the bonus doesn't seem like that big a deal.

lljride said:
I just realized last night that I'm in the same boat with a lot of you guys, forgot I lost my I1 save with my YLOD 60GB a few years ago. I'm half tempted to run through it again over the weekend, but the bonus doesn't seem like that big a deal.

It's not that we lost our saves, but we replaced our consoles and for some odd reason our saves on our new console must not work, even though I have read it works off your trophies. I'm sure once the game is actually out and more people experience the issue we might get a better answer from Sucker Punch.

lljride

darkjedi187 said:
It's not that we lost our saves, but we replaced our consoles and for some odd reason our saves on our new console must not work, even though I have read it works off your trophies. I'm sure once the game is actually out and more people experience the issue we might get a better answer from Sucker Punch.

Ah, I see thanks. I guess I lumped posts together from the last two pages, that sucks even more that you have a save and it still doesn't work.

I wonder if they could patch it to read trophy data after all, assuming they can't/wouldn't just patch to read saves that have been transferred.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Zeth said:
Target-checking GAF: don't forget; it's not on display with regular games. It's on an oddly-placed shelf of clearance items, facing an outside wall in some cases.

I check this shelf often at our Target, but no luck on Infamous 2.

Found Vanquish for $15 on it though.

The first game was pretty fun. There was something that felt a bit off with the way it controlled to me though.

Am I the only one who felt the aiming was kind of sloppy while requiring alot of precision? Any changes being made to the core controls for the sequel? I will definately check this one out either way.

Autofokus

darkjedi187 said:
I thought that also!

If that was the case why did a couple of us not get asked to import our data. BTW seems the people it doesn't work for have replaced their ps3's.
Did you boot up the first one on you're replaced PS3? Syncing trophies with your online profile does not install detailed offline trophy information, only the index table - only the game installs these data.

darkwing

Autofokus said:
Did you boot up the first one on you're replaced PS3? Syncing trophies with your online profile does not install detailed offline trophy information, only the index table - only the game installs these data.

oh that makes sense

Chesskid1

Banned
so im playing the first one like 5 hours a day and loving in although a few things are getting repetitive.

i think i might wait a bit for I2 cause i played assassin's creed back to back and i was sick of it and quit the 2nd one (brotherhood) for a while. think the same might happen to infamous.

you know it's a big leak when you can find it in my city's craigslist, i mean there is usually nothing video game wise on my CL.

Chesskid1 said:
so im playing the first one like 5 hours a day and loving in although a few things are getting repetitive.

i think i might wait a bit for I2 cause i played assassin's creed back to back and i was sick of it and quit the 2nd one (brotherhood) for a while. think the same might happen to infamous.

you know it's a big leak when you can find it in my city's craigslist, i mean there is usually nothing video game wise on my CL.

This was my problem with Infamous 1, it is very repetitive zapping gazillion enemies nonstop with not much else to do.

AEREC

Ive bought a new PS3 since I last played inFAMOUS and copied my saves over to the new one.

I dont have I1 anymore (sold it after getting platinum) but I will be getting it as one of my free games once the PSN comes back up and then loading those saves and resaving it on my new slim before starting I2.

Hopefully that should work.

DrBo42

Chesskid1 said:

You have to keep in mind that most of the copies in the wild are from the subway contest. Those aren't actually leaks.

Is the grinding on building horizontally still in the game? I am about 3 hours into I2 and I have not once seen a pole I can do the grind on (sounds weird typing that...). Anyone know?

Darkatomz

Domcorleone said:
Is the grinding on building horizontally still in the game? I am about 3 hours into I2 and I have not once seen a pole I can do the grind on (sounds weird typing that...). Anyone know?
It was there in the beta, they wouldn't have taken it out of the final game.

OMFG I'm getting so damn excited... Hurry up Amazon!!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Domcorleone said:
It's in. Look for the yellow poles.

Killthee said:
It's in. Look for the yellow poles.

Yea i see the poles that go upwards, but I remember in the demos a while back they showed Cole grinding across the poles not just upwards. I have not seen a pole I can go across the side of the buildings.

Autofokus said:

That would make sense. Unfortunately I don't have the game anymore and I am already a couple hours into the game so I'm not gonna restart.

Blimblim said:

Great video dude, many thanks for putting it up.

I will say, while I'd liked the original design for Cole in I2, this one is still far better than the design of Cole in the first game which I didn't like very much. Also, in that intro the cutscene at the beginning was fantastic. Animation and movement was great.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
G4 Review - 4/5

http://www.g4tv.com/games/ps3/62865/infamous-2/review

inFAMOUS 2 is a game that easily improves on its forebear. It’s likely one of the best superhero-sandbox game ever made, and though it has its flaws, the game remains a polished experience from start to finish; “I’m too absurdly powerful” is one criticism that the development team will just have to live with. A graphical powerhouse with gameplay to match, Sucker Punch Productions delivers a fantastic addition to any Playstation 3 owner’s library.

Less polished than the predecessor? That surprises me...I supppose that is in regards to the world design, because visually the first game was quite rough in a number of ways

nelsonroyale said:
Less polished than the predecessor? That surprises me...I supppose that is in regards to the world design, because visually the first game was quite rough in a number of ways

Me too... the world of Infamous 1 was quite rough, but from all the footage I've seen of Infamous 2 and New Marais, it looks far nicer.

Whatever. I do like reading reviews, but I'm already fairly sure I'll enjoy the game and reviews aren't gonna influence me too much. The story sounds great, the action looks great, visuals are awesome. Good enough for me. I don't think the game looks at all less polished.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Looks like GamePro is the only one to feel that way so far. I normally am not huge on IGN's reviews, but Colin did a good job. He noted his only major drawbacks were camera issues and the hand to hand combat not being as deep as it could be.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
There's a snarky undertone to the GamePro review that suggests its best taken with a pinch or two of salt. I mean, the reviewer sounds offended that New Marais is modelled on New Orleans...

Domcorleone said:
They are all over and on nearly every tall building. I'd say look around. If the building is tall enough there are 2 of them as you go up.

darkwing said:
it's backwards day

Not entirely. After spending like two hours with the game I feel like I prefer Empire City by a pretty large margin. New Marais is fine, but Empire City was one of my favorite videogame locations ever.

I was so sad to see it get destroyed! Please timey wimey it back!

Loudninja

Crewnh said:
G4 - 4/5

The first game got a 5/5...
Dude so what?Its different reviewers.

brucewaynegretzky said:
Not entirely. After spending like two hours with the game I feel like I prefer Empire City by a pretty large margin. New Marais is fine, but Empire City was one of my favorite videogame locations ever.

I was so sad to see it get destroyed! Please timey wimey it back!

I dont Empire city is really boring place New Marais from the little time I got to play it so better.Not really sure what you saw in it.

French

Banned
Rating the second game less than the first one is so stupid, even if I don't care about reviews.

Gaming journalism is a joke.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Domcorleone said:
Yea i see the poles that go upwards, but I remember in the demos a while back they showed Cole grinding across the poles not just upwards. I have not seen a pole I can go across the side of the buildings.
Don't know why I read horizontal as vertical X_X

I'm about ten missions in so far and haven't seen any horizontal grind bars on the buildings yet, just the vertical ones.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm so pumped for this game. I just hope my PS3 arrives from repair soon. I was supposed to get it yesterday but it hasn't arrived yet.

Chaplain

Loudninja said:
Dude so what? Its different reviewers.

That is a mistake on G4's part. They should have had the original reviewer review the game and then have another person review it to give a different point of view on the game.

Crewnh said:
G4 - 4/5

The first game got a 5/5...
and the second game got a 4/5, oh noes.

The comments about the combat are just flatly wrong wrong wrong. There isn't anything different about the basic combat with the basic powers. If you add the new powers (lots of them) and the combat (which I still think is really well done), you are in much more control of combat situations and how you respond. Consider that they have added monsters, real massive monsters and fucking helicopters and lots of other things you never had to fight in the first game and how you now have many more ways of fighting them (like throwing cars).

The town still looks good, and comics are good, the story is really good so far. The Combat I'd say is the biggest improvement over the first game. If anyone thinks it's worse they are flatly rejecting all the additional to enemies and combat, additions that feel very well balanced.

Top Bottom