• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

personally, i like the gangs in part 1 a lot better than the militia in part 2. i loved the tiers in each gang with each that had a different tactic. and the conduits. it seems like they toned down the intensity of the combat too. this militia must have low morale or something

everything else in 2 is better so far, especially the way it controls and the upgrading system

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
U2NUMB said:
Bingo for me.. this is why I am excited for this game. I want to dominate and pretty much feel like a superhero so this does not upset me at all.

Add me to that camp, I'd rather the game be a bit easier and fun than impossibly hard and frustrating.

reKon

Banned
The Lamp said:
That's not an example of people being right.

it's only a scale of 5 with a 5 meaning excellent, must buy game. GTA IV would not get a 5 today, but for its time, I think it deserved a 5. Did it deserve a 10 from GameSpot and IGN? Hell no in my eyes. It would be more of an 90 for the time that it came out.

DrBo42

I think we can all agree that GTA IV had an Oscar worthy story and move on.. I'm surprised there have been complaints about enemy variety in Infamous 2, it seemed like that was one of the areas they knew to improve.

badcrumble said:
I dunno... Evil is helpful on Hard even if it's technically 'weaker' because you don't need to worry so much about bystanders and can just chuck grenades and rockets at enemies until they die, which is pretty nice. Not to mention the fact that draining the life out of bodies all the time is extremely handy.
That's true. It depends on the situation, it's very hard to get that energy from people in a fight.

It's the little things that make a game great. I just noticed that the quickswap for powers defaults to the last used power when switching, so you and hot swap between two powers in a flash or take an extra second to cycle to the other ones.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So I read part of the Gamepro review and he complains about Flood City. Just got to it and it's one of my favorite parts of the game. Fucking intense. Seriously why so mad?

tuesday needs to get here so you all can shaddap about review scores

at its core, this game is still infamous. if you liked the first, youll like this. the changes that are most drastic are improvements. the changes that are bad are minor

JohngPR

Autofokus said:
Did you boot up the first one on you're replaced PS3? Syncing trophies with your online profile does not install detailed offline trophy information, only the index table - only the game installs these data.

That DOES make a lot of sense. The other day I booted up the first game to watch the comic book cutscenes for the first time on this PS3 and I wasn't online and the game showed I had no trophies even though I platinum'd it. It gave me like 10 trophies in a row as soon as I booted up the game.

I crapped my pants up until I logged onto PSN and got all of my trophies back when I synched my trophy data.

Can anyone confirm if doing that fixes anything when you start inFamous 2?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
badcrumble said:
I dunno... Evil is helpful on Hard even if it's technically 'weaker' because you don't need to worry so much about bystanders and can just chuck grenades and rockets at enemies until they die, which is pretty nice. Not to mention the fact that draining the life out of bodies all the time is extremely handy.
There's an innate power on the good side that reduces civilian damage in the sequel.

Posted yet? Save $30 on these select games at Best Buy when you purchase Infamous 2

* Gran Turismo
* Motorstorm Apocolypse
* Killzone 3
* SOCOM 4
* MLB 11 The Show

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Square Triangle said:
Posted yet? Save $30 on these select games at Best Buy when you purchase Infamous 2

* Gran Turismo
* Motorstorm Apocolypse
* Killzone 3
* SOCOM 4
* MLB 11 The Show

Save $30 when you buy it Target right now

lol

Just in Floodtown and i love it. Anyone who liked climbing the towers in Infamous 1 is going to love floodtown with the power out I think.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
An-Det said:
Worth a shot, but it didnt work for me yesterday. I went to one near my work, and they said there were still 3 copies at one near my apartment. I get there and they unfortunately know it shouldnt be out yet. I suppose I have to wait for my Hero edition next week.
Hit up 3 Target stores in my area...not of them sold it to me. :mad:
Damn you, street date!

Killthee

Totobeni said:
Is Hard difficulty, really "hard" or like the first game?
10 missions in and it feels like the first game. Not too hard, but you cannot go rushing into 10 enemies and expect to make it out alive.

lljride

Killthee said:
10 missions in and it feels like the first game. Not too hard, but you cannot go rushing into 10 enemies and expect to make it out alive.

That's good to hear, the first one on hard was about the perfect difficulty for me. I'll definitely just jump in on hard on the first playthrough.

brucewaynegretzky said:
I changed it in the first 30 seconds. Default is Medium though.

I remember the first game actually asked me if I wanted to switch to Hard, does it do that still?
Just wondering when you have to switch it to hard to get the game to register it? I guess at the early opportunity.

KennyLinder said:
I remember the first game actually asked me if I wanted to switch to Hard, does it do that still?
Just wondering when you have to switch it to hard to get the game to register it? I guess at the early opportunity.
I'm 33% through the game and it hasn't asked me once, so I don't think it does it automatically anymore. I suppose I'll save the Hard difficulty trophy for my inFamous karma run.

Killthee

Chuck Norris said:
Are reviewers reviewing the game without any of the UGC? Seems kind of silly to do that
Not sure if the review copy is the retail copy, but the servers for the retail version are offline at the moment.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
UGC needs a patch for it to work on the retail version. And that patch isn't available right now. It also means us early folk can't get a Platinum trophy

Also, not sure if it's already known but looks like this game will support DLC. Says add-ons on the box art and the trophies section for Infamous 2 is setup to have additional trophies

Wario64 said:
UGC needs a patch for it to work on the retail version. And that patch isn't available right now. It also means us early folk can't get a Platinum trophy

Also, not sure if it's already known but looks like this game will support DLC. Says add-ons on the box art and the trophies section for Infamous 2 is setup to have additional trophies
Well all that preorder stuff like the alternate skins for Cole and his amp count as DLC, right? Did inFamous 1 have that add-on content label on the back of its box too? The only thing we got out of that was the Gigawatt Blade power.

JohngPR

Feep said:
Noire wouldn't get a 5 from me. Maybe I'm just harsh. = (

God forbid you have a different opinion. Your opinions shouldn't have to match people's expectations. If you give something a certain score and can write a comprehensive review that backs up your claims then I'll respect you for it.

4/5 isn't a bad score, especially when you can't give half stars.

Played the demo at my third Target visit today, game looks amazing and the city is going to be a real treat. Wish I had an early copy :(

burgerdog

I have this pre ordered on amazon and I'm wondering if there are deals for this that I'm not aware of. Amazon is not giving credit so I wouldn't mind canceling that for a better deal.

BobTheFork said:
What's also awesome (minor spoiler about gameplay mechanic)
is that the whole game so far, every time you pause you see where The Beast is on the east coast of the US as he comes down to new Marais. The entire game they just keep counting down where the beast is the when he will get there. It gets creepy lol

It's only wacky if you give a shit about reviews and reviewers.

Youre in Colorado right? Did you find a super secret deal someplace or was it a subway thing?

Basch

Feep said:
Yeah, but it didn't seem to change much. But really, it's not that I never died...I did, occasionally, even though 1.5 seconds of draining nearby power sources restores your life to full...but that I just didn't feel as though my powers were ever tested. I wanted some kind of battle between me and a foe with even half the badass shit I could do. Even the biggest monsters only have one or two predictable attacks. It was disappointing.

Have you tried Bayonetta yet? The fight between Bayonetta and Jeanne across the Hong Kong inspired sky scrappers was ridiculously fucking awesome. Seems to be what you're looking for. A little clichéd but still ridiculously awesome. Probably my favorite video game fight ever.

I just now finished collecting all the shards...already. I think it took me ten times longer to accomplish int he first game. Great change SP!

BobTheFork said:
I just now finished collecting all the shards...already. I think it took me ten times longer to accomplish int he first game. Great change SP!
Was it more of a challenge but helped with a new gameplay system or just easier?

I grew really, really tired of the massive enemy encounters in the first game almost to the point where it completely killed my enjoyment and experience. Is the sequel similar when it comes to the quantity of enemies that you have to deal with all the time? If it is, I'll probably skip it.

Top Bottom