• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Zeth

ConradCervantes said:
Poo, my Target didn't have any. Gonna be a looooooong week.

Target-checking GAF: don't forget; it's not on display with regular games. It's on an oddly-placed shelf of clearance items, facing an outside wall in some cases.

aristotle

Damn I don't know why it wouldn't let me import anything from my savefile. I haven't touched it. I beat infamous and platinum'd it on this system. :(

I wish it would've looked at the trophies. You can't really fake that very well.

Acrylic7

Irish said:
This one?

gamer-movie.jpg

I looked at him as if I wanted to play some Infamous 2. Ready to brawl for my gamez man.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Acrylic7 said:
Apparently Target gets fined $3000 for each copy sold. Thats what the manager told me when I got there. Have no idea if its true or not.

He looked very stern when I asked him to get me a copy. I gave him a gamer look.

Well, $3000 + $30 loss on each copy, lol.

There's an asshole-ish story on CAG about some guy throwing wheat thins to the girl ringing him up then denying the transaction when she knew the game was suppose to come out next week. lol wut

aristotle said:
Damn I don't know why it wouldn't let me import anything from my savefile. I haven't touched it. I beat infamous and platinum'd it on this system. :(

I wish it would've looked at the trophies. You can't really fake that very well.
Hmm... I think I did my Evil Karma run this year and loaded both saves for old time's sake as well. Maybe you guys should load the game up real quick, manual-save then load up part 2?

Zeth said:
Target-checking GAF: don't forget; it's not on display with regular games. It's on an oddly-placed shelf of clearance items, facing an outside wall in some cases.
Oh I know, I used to work there. I know all the hiding places for clearance stuff. My friends work in electronics though, and they know stuff like release dates for games, so it's likely one of them may have saw the blunder and put them back.

Phenomic

Wario64 said:
Well, $3000 + $30 loss on each copy, lol.

There's an asshole-ish story on CAG about some guy throwing wheat thins to the girl ringing the him up then denying the transaction when she knew the game was suppose to come out next week. lol wut

I read that and I feel like there is an over abundance of people who believe him. I really doubt he actually did that. Made for a funny read though.

Wario64 said:
Not for me, but I just got a new slim PS3 exactly a week ago, and when I tried to do data transfer from my fat to slim, it would keep failing. So I bit the bullet and did HDD backup then restore on the slim, effectively losing my PSN games and copy-protected saves, and what I'm assuming some other stuff like the import data feature from this game...

I think they made it so you can't download a save file from the internet and use that to import. And any reports about it importing trophy data was false. It looks at your save data.

Kind of the same situation I had. I replaced my old phat PS3 6 months ago. How would the game know if you copied the save from another PS3. That just seems wrong and I'm a bit unhappy that my completed save file isn't good enough cause its from my old PS3.

Replacing my PS3 turned out to be the worst experience I have ever had with any of my sony products ever.

I'll spoiler-mark this question since it has to do with an enemy type that I don't think we've seen in the trailers ever:

Does anybody else hate the 4-legged Ravager mutants? I've only been able to fight them effectively with melee and it seems like the moment you get close enough to smack it, it digs back into the ground and this goes on for a long time. Gotta wait for it to go into its spit everywhere attack before I can get 2 hits on him at least.

XTERC

DOO13ER said:
Drat, I'm in Baytown but don't feel like going so far to chase that dragon.

Guess I'll be waiting.

The Target at Tomball had some in the back, but the guy at the counter explained that he couldn't sell it unit 6/7. Fair enough... I need to finish L.A. Noire anyway!

Zeth

Sigh... There's a copy In my city on craigslist for $75...

I told him I could meet him first thing tomorrow.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Zeth said:
Sigh... There's a copy In my city on craigslist for $75...

I told him I could meet him first thing tomorrow.

Someone is selling it for $150 here.

Correction: WAS. Now it's $85, haha.

XTERC said:
The Target at Tomball had some in the back, but the guy at the counter explained that he couldn't sell it unit 6/7. Fair enough... I need to finish L.A. Noire anyway!

Hm, curious if I should try the one at in the Champions area by FM 1960. Feeling kinda lazy though

Holy crap saw some of the footage on Gamersyde...this is definitely the best looking open world game yet. Some spoilers in there though

Does anyone know how many story missions there are? I'm only at 8 and I already have about a third of the blast shards and dead drops. New Marais also seems smaller than Empire based on the map. I'm gonna end up platinuming this in a week.... Bring on inFamous 3!

BeeDog

Wario64 said:
Unleashing the vortex on a group of enemies and vehicles is fuck awesome

Does this special attack still cast shadows everywhere like in the first game? It looked awesome, and I hope it's still in.

aristotle said:

What are the regions of the games? Maybe they are different...

EDIT:
pharmboy044 said:
So the embargo ends tomorrow for everyone that isn't IGN?

Maybe it is a 9mbargo...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
MrTroubleMaker said:
Damn, my I1 good playthough was on my old YLOD phat, looks like I'm going to play though it again. I want to import my save.
It's based on your trophies.

wotter

pharmboy044 said:
So the embargo ends tomorrow for everyone that isn't IGN?
embargo ended at 31th of May (5mp gmt+1 for Europe), but a lot of sites couldn't play it yet because Sony used voucher review codes.

JohngPR

Killthee said:
Not so sure on that. Wario wasn't able to get it to work on his new slim using just his trophy data.

MrTroubleMaker said:
Damn, my I1 good playthough was on my old YLOD phat, looks like I'm going to play though it again. I want to import my save.

Well, shit...I'm in the same boat as Mr. T.

Does anyone know if you were able to play on both sides of Karma on the same save file? I only have one infamous 1 save file (bad Karma), and it's been a while so I don't remember if that's the case.

If it doesn't in fact read trophies, and I didn't play both karma choices on the same save file then I'll have to do a good playthrough before I play I2. :(

I already platinum'd the game so if anything I'll play it on easy or something. LOL

JohngPR said:
Well, shit...I'm in the same boat as Mr. T.

Aww man, me too. YLOD screwing up my shit. Thank God we have cloud saving now, already got my Mass Effect and GT5 stuff up there just in case. Skyrim will get a nice spot in there too. Too bad it doesn't seem to read your trophy profile.

DoctorButt said:
just watched it, please tell me that was the beginning of the game

It was literally the intro

Does the game have a in-game stat screen like the first game did? I guess not everyone would see it as it was only viewable by looking at older save games when saving your game.

i just finished a custom mission yesterday on the beta. Did they say are the levels going to be imported to the final game or all being destroyed?

And can i somehow share a "link" to the level or can people find it based on my PSN name?

Fuzzy said:
It's based on your trophies.

I thought that also!

If that was the case why did a couple of us not get asked to import our data. BTW seems the people it doesn't work for have replaced their ps3's.

Top Bottom