• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

XTERC said:
I'll be checking the one in Tomball later tonight. My friend let me know there were none in the Target in Katy.

CAG says some on Northwest freeway. I live near Memorial City mall, none there though.

GeoramA

Wario64 said:
Now I know why Subway gave out free copies of this game. Dat in-game advertising.

7aTCA.jpg
haha, nice.

KevinCow

Banned
I played the demo at a Gamestop today. I have to say I'm loving the upgraded static thrusters. Such a small change, but it adds so much. Just that little extra distance and height goes a long way in making it even more fun to get around the city.

AEREC

MMaRsu said:
RoiC4.jpg

Does that look jaggy as hell to you?

It does look jaggy yes (sidewalk in particular) but jaggies cant be realistically portrayed in offscreen still shots. Also the monitor it was displayed on was probably not the best (demo station at best buy) because it was incredibly jaggy...more so than the first game.

Thank you Subway!! Love the game. Anyone else that has it notice that you don't have an option to import your infamous 1 trophy data.

While I don't welcome jaggies, Infamous had it and it didn't affect my stance on the game one bit. Not to say it should be allowed in any case, but the game's fun factor overtakes any technical issues imo.

darkjedi187 said:
Thank you Subway!! Love the game. Anyone else that has it notice that you don't have an option to import your infamous 1 trophy data.
Yeah, it lets you continue off your completed save data from inFamous 1. I guess that Trophy data thing last time was wrong.

I have no idea how far I am (percentage-wise), but I am loving this game. I also got mine from Subway, sucks that they slashed across the UPC code physically, with what looks like a freakin' boxcutter so the package and the insert are both affected. Somebody needs to tell the publishers that that won't stop Gamestop.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
darkjedi187 said:

Didn't give me the option either and I platinum'd Infamous 1. I still have my Infamous saves but nothing was imported that I can recall. Only gave me a new game option.

I wonder if copying my saves by USB from my fat to slim PS3 made any difference....Oh well, whatever.

Damn I can't wait for this game. The first game is half the reason I bought a PS3 despite already having a 360. This + TLG + Team Ico Collection = Win for me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Yeah, it lets you continue off your completed save data from inFamous 1. I guess that Trophy data thing last time was wrong.

I have no idea how far I am (percentage-wise), but I am loving this game. I also got mine from Subway, sucks that they slashed across the UPC code physically, with what looks like a freakin' boxcutter so the package and the insert are both affected. Somebody needs to tell the publishers that that won't stop Gamestop.

You can check game % by looking at your save file on the XMB. I'm at 15% already...I probably played about 3 hours so far. 68 of 305 blast shards found. 6 of 29 dead drops. Been doing quite a bit of shard hunting.

I can't believe there's no stats screen in-game XD

Wario64 said:
I wonder if copying my saves by USB from my fat to slim PS3 made any difference....Oh well, whatever.
I had options to continue from either completed save on my end and I hadn't moved them before, so that must be the difference.
Wario64 said:
You can check game % by looking at your save file on the XMB. I'm at 15% already...I probably played about 3 hours so far. 68 of 305 blast shards found. 6 of 29 dead drops. Been doing quite a bit of shard hunting.

I can't believe there's no stats screen in-game XD
I could have sworn that inFamous 1 had a stat-checker in-game, probably just imagining things though. I'll go look at my saves later, errands time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There are TV broadcasts, and if you go near a store with a TV that's airing a news broadcast, a little PIP (picture-in-picture) appears in the upper right

And damn I hope copying my save games through HDD backup/restore from one PS3 to another won't affect stuff like this in the future if that's the reason why it didn't ask to import. I had to do it that way because data transfer utility failed 6 times, stupid Sony.

Irish

Wario64 said:
There are TV broadcasts, and if you go near a store with a TV that's airing a news broadcast, a little PIP (picture-in-picture) appears in the upper right

Oooh, nice! The 7th is too far away. >=(

Wario64 said:
Now I know why Subway gave out free copies of this game. Dat in-game advertising.

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/7aTCA.jpg[/IMG]

lmao

As long as there isn't Subway inspired missions i'm cool with it. You should throw a car through its windows.

JWong

Banned
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
lmao

As long as there isn't Subway inspired missions i'm cool with it. You should throw a car through its windows.
Jared is an unlockable skin if you collect enough Subway points.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
lmao

There might be a part where the city goes in a blackout and Cole has to eat Subway Foot-Longs in order to stay alive...

Your copy got hole punched Frank? Where did you get it from? Subway etched a knife through the case, lol.

Wario64 said:
There might be a part where the city goes in a blackout and Cole has to eat Subway Foot-Longs in order to stay alive...

Your copy got hole punched Frank? Where did you get it from? Subway etched a knife through the case, lol.

I got mine from SCEA. its kind of funny if you look at all my first party titles, they all have holes punched in them lol

Looked at my save file, got 33% completion and about 50% of the dead drops and blast shards acquired each. I've been spamming the radar scan button like a mofo so I don't have to run into missing any shards in the future. It'll probably happen anyway. =_=

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Looked at my save file, got 33% completion and about 50% of the dead drops and blast shards acquired each. I've been spamming the radar scan button like a mofo so I don't have to run into missing any shards in the future. It'll probably happen anyway. =_=

Well Feep said that you get a power that reveals all shards when you complete all side missions. After I read that, I'm not too worried on getting every shard I see.

TTG said:
Same. Have to make it through LA Noire first, but this is next on Gamefly.

Anyway, anyone have a good recap video/post on what happened in the first game? I finished it not too long ago and I already forgot most of it. It went something like...

cole goes over everything again when you start.

Luthos

Pre-ordered my copy from Gamestop today.

Didn't want to drop 100 bucks on the Hero edition, and the lightning grapple was the most appealing of the pre-order bonuses. (I still hate the idea of in-game freaking powers being a pre-order exclusive)

so the census is the old save/trophy data didn't get imported for anyone. Why would they state it as a feature if you cannot do it. Oh well I'm not starting over at this point.

DrBo42

AEREC said:
It does look jaggy yes (sidewalk in particular) but jaggies cant be realistically portrayed in offscreen still shots. Also the monitor it was displayed on was probably not the best (demo station at best buy) because it was incredibly jaggy...more so than the first game.
Played the demo as I checked out my local Target, looks a little less jagged than the first or perhaps the enhanced visuals just make it seem that way. Point is, don't expect an improvement in the AA department.

darkjedi187 said:
so the census is the old save/trophy data didn't get imported for anyone. Why would they state it as a feature if you cannot do it. Oh well I'm not starting over at this point.
No, it worked for me. I think there's a hidden requirement that you can't move the saves over to the new console you're playing 2 on, even if it's still the same PSN account.

Perhaps it works if you use PS+ cloud save transfer or did the data transfer successfully? I vaguely recall doing a console data transfer early last year onto my current Slim console and I had gotten inFamous 1 shortly before the transfer was done.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
darkjedi187 said:
Huh? The first screen that popped up for me had the following choices:

• Continue your Infamous 1 story (Good Karma)
  • Continue your Infamous 1 story (Evil Karma)
  • Start A New Game

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ConradCervantes said:
Poo, my Target didn't have any. Gonna be a looooooong week.

Yeah, neither of the Targets near me had any copie. Was kind of a bummer.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Killthee said:
Huh? The first screen that popped up for me had the following choices:

• Continue your Infamous 1 story (Good Karma)
  • Continue your Infamous 1 story (Evil Karma)
  • Start A New Game

Not for me, but I just got a new slim PS3 exactly a week ago, and when I tried to do data transfer from my fat to slim, it would keep failing. So I bit the bullet and did HDD backup then restore on the slim, effectively losing my PSN games and copy-protected saves, and what I'm assuming some other stuff like the import data feature from this game...

I think they made it so you can't download a save file from the internet and use that to import. And any reports about it importing trophy data was false. It looks at your save data.

Wario64 said:
Not for me, but I just got a new slim PS3 exactly a week ago, and when I tried to do data transfer from my fat to slim, it would keep failing. So I bit the bullet and did HDD backup then restore on the slim, effectively losing my PSN games and copy-protected saves, and what I'm assuming some other stuff like the import data feature from this game...

I think they made it so you can't download a save file from the internet and use that to import. And any reports about it importing trophy data was false. It looks at your save data.

Yeah I didn't get that option either... o well. I'm never going to finish this game though. I'm back to my old habits. I'm on like the second introductory mission or something, but as soon as the blast shards were up and the dead drops were around there was no chance I was ever going there.

Acrylic7

Apparently Target gets fined $3000 for each copy sold. Thats what the manager told me when I got there. Have no idea if its true or not.

He looked very stern when I asked him to get me a copy. I gave him a gamer look.

Irish

Acrylic7 said:
Apparently Target gets fined $3000 for each copy sold. Thats what the manager told me when I got there. Have no idea if its true or not.

He looked very stern when I asked him to get me a copy. I gave him a gamer look.

This one?

gamer-movie.jpg

Top Bottom