• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Irish

Man, the demo is so fucking good. My favorite improvement so far is that extra little height you get when using the thrusters now. Also, the lighting is so damn impressive, I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Loudninja

inFAMOUS 2: Demo Out Now, Midnight Sales, and MLG Event
We’ve been paying attention to the comments on the past PlayStation.Blog posts and are getting the strong impression that some of you are itchy to play Cole’s new adventure. Well, here is some good news — the demo is available now on the PlayStation Store! Finally you can get a taste of Cole’s new adventure and sample the incredible action you’ll be experiencing in inFAMOUS 2.

Play a mix of story missions and side quests and navigate New Marais with Cole’s new parkour skills as well as explore missions from dual karmic sides, as both good and evil Cole. Face enemies with Cole’s electrical powers, his new Amp melee weapon, and conjure the incredibly powerful Ionic Vortex! Just visit the PlayStation Store and download it today.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/infamous-2-demo-out-now-midnight-sales-and-mlg-event/

Pretty damn meaty demo.

M.D

Irish said:
Man, the demo is so fucking good. My favorite improvement so far is that extra little height you get when using the thrusters now. Also, the lighting is so damn impressive, I'm not really sure how to describe it.

I just finished the demo

Fucking awesome, but there was something weird going on
It looks like it jumping randomly to different parts in the game

Did it also jump to another part for you after
You met the doctor and used that thing to get the new powers? It told me to use the power which I can use to levitate things with and then randomly stopped and throw me to a part where I have the "bad" powers

Happened in the end of the demo as well

Psi

M.D said:
I just finished the demo

You met the doctor and used that thing to get the new powers? It told me to use the power which I can use to levitate things with and then randomly stopped and throw me to a part where I have the "bad" powers

It just jumped around to give you a taste of different powers/missions.

Irish

M.D said:
I just finished the demo

Yeah, the jumps are intentional. They're there so as not to spoil too much as well as to showcase the different karma types.

Is it just my eyes or does the new demo on the store look better than the beta?. Played two mins of the demo and turned it off what a waste of 3gig download i just really dont want to play this without having the full game im too excited to play a demo.

HooYaH

Looks impressive from the demo. Even though the game has no AA, the jaggies aren't really that noticeable and the lighting, Wow, major overhaul.

I chuckled during the last mission when the civilians were actually helping me against the militia. Three civilians kept kicking one of the militia to the ground. Felt bad for guy after repeatedly getting stomped.

Played about 10 minutes of the demo and it's awesome. Gonna wait for the full game and just make love to myself while I play it. Graphics is NOTICEABLY better. On some Uncharted>Uncharted 2 level.

Anybody noticed the theater says "Now playing- Yes we can- Sly4"

Demo is amazingly good. As i expected. I do miss the sound of cole's windbreaker when running though. :)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The demo of the first game did the same thing iirc, i.e. quick cuts to different parts of the game. Only here the cuts were very... sudden and unexpected. They show you how to lift stuff and the next second you're evil Cole. I even thought I did something wrong for a second.

It's an okay demo, but the quick cuts are kinda jarring. Seeing how much I liked I1, this'll just be a blind purchase for me however. Trailer of the new powers at the end looked incredible.

ElyrionX

I felt that the overall variety of powers in the first game was omewhat underwhelming. Did they change that for I2?

Fjordson

Demo is brilliant. The movement and combat feels great. And the look of New Marais is so much more interesting than Empire City.

Only problem for me is the camera stuff during melee combat. It's trying to be cinematic, but all the zoom ins and whatnot get stuck on really bad angles half the time. Other than that, lots of fun.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Shaka said:
How long is the demo?
Took me 38 minutes from pressing start to finishing the trailer.

Overall impressions:
Good thing I pre-ordered. The first time I've flew up a building due to the new high-speed climbing thing on certain parts of buildings I let out an audible "Oh shit".

The camera cuts when I'm being hit are very fun. I agree they can be disorienting when I do the melee attacks.

The run speed is also what I noticed first, because you see how much faster you are compared to your companion. Which is what I essentially looked forward to from Infamous 1. You're so fast.

I don't quite understand why they mapped "scan environment for electricity sources" to both tapping L2 and R3.

The random encounters are a good addition. (I loved them in RDR.)

Yeah, Pretty stoked overall after playing it.

Wasn't really interested in this game, but the demo sold me. Seems to improve pretty much everything over I1.

New main char is a douchebag, but as long as the gameplay and the tech deliver...

BeeDog

Thrakier said:
I don't know. I platined Infamous 1, but the demo felt worse.

It fluctuates a lot more than I1, but it isn't necessary worse since TONS more crap happens on-screen than in I1. There are more drops here considering all the particle effects and explosions, but it seems to spike to 60 fps more than in I1 too.

Thrakier

BeeDog said:
It fluctuates a lot more than I1, but it isn't necessary worse since TONS more crap happens on-screen than in I1. There are more drops here considering all the particle effects and explosions, but it seems to spike to 60 fps more than in I1 too.

Yeah, but gameplay to me doesn't feel as tight because of that...I don't like fluctuating framerates. :(

karasu said:
Cole's voice sucks. He sounds old as hell.

he seems more relatable and realistic now. he has the look and sound of someone you might actually meet in real life. not to mention he survived a massive explosion and has the voltage of a power plant coursing through him, im sure his vocal chords at least had some trauma. i think they nailed it. hes like this cartoonish golden boy on the first game

edit: eurogamer noticed too

...it casts Cole as a kind of loose-limbed, white-trash avenger: an ornery hero in a wife-beater who lamps the baddies with a pair of motorbike forks and then turns off his phone to grab a bit of downtime watching a Western on TV. What's inFamous 2's biggest surprise? It's that the protagonist seems to enjoy his super powers a little more on this outing - and so will you.

Sorc3r3r

Played the 1st mission too, just to have an idea, i'm out, i do not want to spoil anything else, it's awesome.

Will be mine at day one.

Hixx

Love it. Its like the original but on crack. Though I hope energy regen was beefed up in the demo cos I never had to drain anything.

IQ is still awful like the first but the lighting and models + animation are streets ahead. Still one of the very few superhero games that makes you feel powerful without feeling invincible.

Cool demo, but the retail game doesn't keep telling you the controls over and over in the lower right of the screen, does it?

Also, how do you give HUD options (opaque, faint, etc.) but not an option to turn it off?

WrikaWrek

Banned
Never finished the first but i saw the ending.

Got bored with the whole bring back electricity into the district later in the game. Does this game address the problem of repetition?

Is there a bigger focus on quality story this time around?

Truant

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I thought this game was out like January 2012!

I feel like I've woken up from the Matrix or something. I'm in shock, this shit is out in a few days. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

.la1n

Finally secured my copy, I don't think my opinion is going to sway anyone because I loved the first game. Obviously this is better in every single way so I love it x10.

The demo was great, I do miss the points popping up when you kill enemies though, where's my Head Shock :(

Also the new city does look good at night but I hope just because your evil it doesn't always stay at nighttime, I can't see as well when the game is that dark.

KevinCow said:
Huh. The demo ends kinda abruptly.
Yeah it ended just when things got crazy, I let off an ionic vortex and right before it hits the enemies I get the title screen f-u SP :lol

Zeth

Whoa. Just noticed something playing the demo

I2 allows you to hold down R1 for continuous fire unlike I1... Edit: which incidentally increases the possible rate of fire significantly.

Edit: looks like it's an upgrade, stops working during dark karma segment.

Top Bottom