• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Eh...I really like it. Seems like the first one, but at a more brisk pace as far as movement, which I'm ok with. The "eh" is because the analog isn't fully utilized and you can't even fucking walk...

ACE 1991

So how are people downloading this demo? I just tried to sign into PSN and I got "Playstation Network is currently undergoing maintenance" or something.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
upJTboogie said:
The demo was great, I do miss the points popping up when you kill enemies though, where's my Head Shock :(

Also the new city does look good at night but I hope just because your evil it doesn't always stay at nighttime, I can't see as well when the game is that dark.

Yeah it ended just when things got crazy, I let off an ionic vortex and right before it hits the enemies I get the title screen f-u SP :lol
Point pop ups still occur in the full game, but the font size is smaller than it was in the original. There's also an expanded score card at the end of a mission that recaps all your stunts performed in addition to the exp points you get for completing the mission and your karmic shift.

abstract alien said:
Seems like the first one, but at a more brisk pace as far as movement, which I'm ok with. The "eh" is because the analog isn't fully utilized and you can't even fucking walk...

Hmm...that kinda sucks to be honest. Not being able to walk was a minor complaint of mine in the original too. Walking in games adds to the atmosphere! I want to walk damn it!

Killthee said:
Point pop ups still occur in the full game, but the font size is smaller than it was in the original. There's also an expanded score card at the end of a mission that recaps all your stunts performed in addition to the exp points you get for completing the mission and your karmic shift.
You got the game right? Is it always dark on an infamous play through?

Killthee

upJTboogie said:
You got the game right? Is it always dark on an infamous play through?
Yup. Playing through the good side first, but I doubt an infamous run is always dark. Time works the same way as it did in the original, slowly progresses as you finish story missions.

Played the demo. It feels so damn good to play Infamous again. I love the new setting, I was worried it wouldn't be as cool as Empire City. It's that and so much more. Really can't wait to play the full game!

Gacha-pin

abstract alien said:
Eh...I really like it. Seems like the first one, but at a more brisk pace as far as movement, which I'm ok with. The "eh" is because the analog isn't fully utilized and you can't even fucking walk...

I noticed that too. It's weird I don't think I had that problem in the beta.

abstract alien said:
What? yes you can. Under-utilized? yes, there are only 3 movement speeds, but there is a walk, run and sprint.

Zeth

You can now see flashes of enemy skeletons when they're electrified. Nice touch.

I love the new city, it has "soul" compared to empire city.

I honestly didn't think the first game was all that great, yet I had a really fun time with this demo, so I'm definitely going to check it out when I can. I like the new city a lot.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So I assume Amon Tobin did not produce the soundtrack this time around? Kind of disappointing as the original was fantastic in that regard. Any ideas who they used this time around and whether or not it sounds decent?

UrbanRats

The demo is nice, but i was a bit disappointed with the image quality.
Anyway, the new powers are amazing, but how come you automatically charge back istantly?

darkwing

UrbanRats said:
The demo is nice, but i was a bit disappointed with the image quality.
Anyway, the new powers are amazing, but how come you automatically charge back istantly?

probably because its only a demo

spidye

in the demo trailer it looked like cole was flying towards enemies. can he really fly in this game? that would be really awesome.

Duffyside

Banned
dark10x said:
So I assume Amon Tobin did not produce the soundtrack this time around? Kind of disappointing as the original was fantastic in that regard. Any ideas who they used this time around and whether or not it sounds decent?
Yup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYnDLJE4BuI

I too was disappointed when I heard Amon Tobin wasn't around this time, but from what I can tell this music is even better. It fits both the genre of games and the city of New Marais incredibly well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
lol @ cutscene where
Zeke and Cole are just chilling with beers, turning off their phones/radios

BatmanX

God damn at the visuals, they've excedeed my expectations, really

Everything is better, IQ, animation, colours, npc's models and so on

The game seems a little bit too frenetic in the demo but I'm really looking forward the final game, since the first is still one of my favorites games of this generation

Demo erased my fears. Combat is better, art direction and visuals is just fucking gorgeous and eye-popping (dem colors!!), and playing as Cole is just great fun.

Zeth

Is it true that there's more action in the story line with better cutscenes kind of like Uncharted? Infamous 1 was kinda weak in that area. Felt like just running around doing missions with little in the way of narrative set-pieces.

Edit: yeah I just came from I1 and I feel like the IQ is improved, there seems to be conflicting opinions on this.

I'm about 25- 30 missions in and so far everything is a step up from the original. The graphics are better and it seems more fluid. The mission types are good and the random encounters are a nice addition. So far the story is very engaging and I enjoy how Zeke argues with
Nix
about how you handle your quests.

shwimpy said:
Best controls.... ever?
Yeah I've always loved that about inFamous, tightest controls in any open world game out there.

Only thing I noticed is it sometimes doesn't register when I press R1 to start a mission, I usually have to double click.

DrBo42

Is there a way to turn off that aim assist that's going on? I fucking hate it. It's completely throwing off my headshots in the demo.

EagleEyes

BobTheFork said:
What? yes you can. Under-utilized? yes, there are only 3 movement speeds, but there is a walk, run and sprint.
I couldn't get Cole to walk in the demo. He could only jog and sprint.

Duffyside

Banned
Can someone who has the game clear something up for me? The pre-order bonus powers of Lightning Hook and something Grenade: can you earn those in the game? Or is this like the blades from the first and you can only use them if you have a pre-order (until Sucker Punch releases them for everyone a year later)?

duffyside said:
Can someone who has the game clear something up for me? The pre-order bonus powers of Lightning Hook and something Grenade: can you earn those in the game? Or is this like the blades from the first and you can only use them if you have a pre-order (until Sucker Punch releases them for everyone a year later)?

I haven't seen them yet in game. My guess is they are exclusives to the store. Honestly I never used the blades in the first one as I heard they broke the experience.

Irish

duffyside said:

Yeah, sorry I couldn't clear that up entirely because I just don't have the game myself yet. From everything I had heard though, that seemed to have been the case.

darkjedi187 said:
Honestly, I never used the blades in the first one as I heard they broke the experience.

Nah, they were actually pretty useless for the amount of power it took to use them. A few bolt shots or a rocket were both cheaper and quicker.

______

After playing the demo, does it appear to anyone else like Cole has more 'weight' now than he did in I1? I mean, he's obviously much quicker, but I get this feeling of weight, but I don't know if that is just me.

Duffyside

Banned
Irish said:
Yeah, sorry I couldn't clear that up entirely because I just don't have the game myself yet. From everything I had heard though, that seemed to have been the case.

After playing the demo, does it appear to anyone else like Cole has more 'weight' now than he did in I1? I mean, he's obviously much quicker, but I get this feeling of weight, but I don't know if that is just me.
That's all right, I knew to come here for the answers (eventually).

Yeah, I guess I see what you mean. Maybe it's just the "suction" to a platforming point is a bit quicker than before, and also it's less forced. At least it seems that way to me. In the first game, you'd get this feeling of being "pushed" by some invisible hand like you were a feather, but it seems far less intrusive this time.

Seventy5

Holy shit is this demo awesome! The movement around the environment is so much more fluid this time, especially the little height boost you get from the thrusters. In 20 minutes of playing the only time I touched the ground was to get a mission. This is a huge improvement over the first, which was already an amazing game. Day 1 and Sucker Punch has my undying love.

aristotle

duffyside said:
That's all right, I knew to come here for the answers (eventually).

Yeah, I guess I see what you mean. Maybe it's just the "suction" to a platforming point is a bit quicker than before, and also it's less forced. At least it seems that way to me. In the first game, you'd get this feeling of being "pushed" by some invisible hand like you were a feather, but it seems far less intrusive this time.

We must be playing different games then. Apparently I have have the magic floating jump/hover version of Infamous 2. My Subway copy is the super-secret limited collector's edition confirmed!

Everytime I jump onto a pole *har har* it floats/hovers my character over to specific point to grab on to. It's really noticeable when you jump from one horizontal pipe to another as you're running forward.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Just played the demo and I was a little disappointed by how dicey the framerate could get. Seems pretty much the same as the first game when I was hoping for a locked 30. I love how fast you can move around, but the framerate sometimes takes a dive as a result. It undercuts some of the otherwise obvious improvements to the visuals.

That said, I wasn't completely sold by Infamous 1's demo either but when I ended up playing the full game I really liked it.

Hazanko

Banned
The demo was great. It seemed a lot faster than Infamous 1 but since I ain't played it in ages, I can't tell. Oh, anyone else going around smacking street performers in the demo?

Irish

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Just played the demo and I was a little disappointed by how dicey the framerate could get. Seems pretty much the same as the first game when I was hoping for a locked 30. I love how fast you can move around, but the framerate sometimes takes a dive as a result. It undercuts some of the otherwise obvious improvements to the visuals.

That said, I wasn't completely sold by Infamous 1's demo either but when I ended up playing the full game I really liked it.

I don't notice the drops as much as I notice the increases.

The Lamp

I'm experiencing a major bug with the inFAMOUS 2 demo.

I'm using a Sony Bravia XBR4 1080p LCD and a 60GB BC PS3.
When I start up the demo, the TV flashes a couple of times and then it says "unsupported audio format" and the demo is completely silent.

This is the first time something like this has ever happened for anything in the past 3 years of me using the TV and the PS3 together...

When I boot back to XMB, the sound works again. So the demo just apparently doesn't support sound signals through HDMI or something?

Killthee

The Lamp said:
I'm experiencing a major bug with the inFAMOUS 2 demo.

I'm using a Sony Bravia XBR4 1080p LCD and a 60GB BC PS3.
When I start up the demo, the TV flashes a couple of times and then it says "unsupported audio format" and the demo is completely silent.

This is the first time something like this has ever happened for anything in the past 3 years of me using the TV and the PS3 together...

When I boot back to XMB, the sound works again. So the demo just apparently doesn't support sound signals through HDMI or something?
Retail version works fine on my old Sony WEGA. It might be a demo bug or it could be you have an audio output that your tv doesn't support turned on.

The Lamp

Restarted my PS3 three times. On the third time of trying to boot up the demo with sound, the audio prompt didn't come up and now the sound works. That was.....weird.

Kaizer

Banned
Played the demo, wow that was awesome. I can't wait to get the preorder DLC so I can switch the amp to the samurai sword when I dice up those monsters, so badass. Everything felt great, I haven't played inFamous in a long time and I immediately felt right back at home with the controls in the demo. Can't wait for next Tuesday!

Top Bottom