• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Zoibie said:
Loved the demo, it does seem a lot like the first one but I'm more than happy with that.
"a lot like the first one"?

The control is tightened up a shitload, the jaggies are drastically reduced and the lightning mechanic is changed considerably. The camera has been improved too.

The Lamp said:
I'm experiencing a major bug with the inFAMOUS 2 demo.

I'm using a Sony Bravia XBR4 1080p LCD and a 60GB BC PS3.
When I start up the demo, the TV flashes a couple of times and then it says "unsupported audio format" and the demo is completely silent.

This is the first time something like this has ever happened for anything in the past 3 years of me using the TV and the PS3 together...

When I boot back to XMB, the sound works again. So the demo just apparently doesn't support sound signals through HDMI or something?
I have a 60GB BC PS3 and have a HDMI receiver, therefore I'm getting the audio through HDMI as well and it works fine for me.

polyh3dron said:

The control is tightened up a shitload, the jaggies are drastically reduced and the lightning mechanic is changed considerably. The camera has been improved too.

Lies. Fuck that awful melee camera. I wish I could turn it off so bad.

KevinCow

Banned
Playing the demo, what's the deal with Cole not having a walking speed? If you tilt the stick slowly until he starts moving, he will instantly take off at a brisk jog. There is no speed between standing still and jogging.

I don't remember if it was like that in the first game, but for some reason it's bugging me in this one.

iNvid02

just played the demo, looks and feels great, im sure the story wont disappoint. hate the camera already though

it felt really fast at first but you get used to it instantly

Duffyside

Banned
aristotle said:
We must be playing different games then. Apparently I have have the magic floating jump/hover version of Infamous 2. My Subway copy is the super-secret limited collector's edition confirmed!

Everytime I jump onto a pole *har har* it floats/hovers my character over to specific point to grab on to. It's really noticeable when you jump from one horizontal pipe to another as you're running forward.
I didn't say it wasn't in I2, just that it wasn't as egregious as it was in the original.

DeVeAn

No matter how hard I try to convince myself, I know the Hero edition is not worth $100 bucks. Really want the game though.

KevinCow said:
Playing the demo, what's the deal with Cole not having a walking speed? If you tilt the stick slowly until he starts moving, he will instantly take off at a brisk jog. There is no speed between standing still and jogging.

I don't remember if it was like that in the first game, but for some reason it's bugging me in this one.
Yeah it was like that in the first too. Either a jog or sprint.

legbone

KevinCow said:

NO TIME FOR LOVE DR. JONES!!!!!

anyway, i cannot wait until i get home from work to try out the demo. i loved the first game. infamous was my first and still only platinum.

Zoibie

polyh3dron said:

I meant more gameplay wise. It looks amazing and has a much more stable framerate sure but I'm doing essentially the same things as in I1, but that's far from a bad thing, I loved the first game.

DrBo42

Gotta say most of the new bolts are completely useless. Magnum bolt rules out the need for anything else. The artillery bolt would be great if it actually had the power to back up the long shot but instead it just pisses them off like the alpha bolt.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just got to [Location name]
Flood Town
and all I can say is holy shit this is awesome!

DrBo42 said:
Gotta say most of the new bolts are completely useless. Magnum bolt rules out the need for anything else. The artillery bolt would be great if it actually had the power to back up the long shot but instead it just pisses them off like the alpha bolt.
Is there an instant-hit hitscan bolt like the regular one from the first game, or are they all moving projectiles now?

Irish

I like how those evil rockets in the demo don't extend until you release triangle. Nice touch. Also, from what I played of the UGC Beta, the electric jump seems pretty useless (considering it doesn't boost you too high) although it is nice you can activate it by jumping from a detonation blast.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DrBo42 said:

I've been using the rapid-fire bolt one ever since I got it.

DrBo42

badcrumble said:
Is there an instant-hit hitscan bolt like the regular one from the first game, or are they all moving projectiles now?
The Magnum is the only instant-hit bolt. I like it because it's a 1 hit takedown with a headshot and it actually requires some skill.

Wario64 said:
I've been using the rapid-fire bolt one ever since I got it.
Worst power in the game. So much spam.

DrBo42 said:
The Magnum is the only instant-hit bolt. I like it because it's a 1 hit takedown with a headshot and it actually requires some skill.

Worst power in the game. So much spam.
Sounds like I'll be using the rapid-fire one!

DrBo42 said:
lol Magnum bolt sucks, it's all about artillery bolt. Magnum bold doesn't kill fast enough and it's too easy to use.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
brucewaynegretzky said:
Lies. Fuck that awful melee camera. I wish I could turn it off so bad.

noticed that garbage in the beta. Give it a patch. There's no need for the cinematic camera.

Loudninja

BobTheFork said:
lol Magnum bolt sucks, it's all about artillery bolt. Magnum bold doesn't kill fast enough and it's too easy to use.
What about the scythe bolt works well again groups love it.

Loudninja said:
What about the scythe bolt works well again groups love it.
power spoiler,
I think that's an evil-only power in the final game. I beat the good side and I never got it
It's still a great power though.

Loudninja said:
I THINK so. I can't check this second but I know I never got it in my powers, I just don't know if it's available and I didn't unlock it.

Also, I was questioning how much the UGC would add to the life of this game but after beating it I think it will add quite a bit. Some of the most fun I had in the game was playing side mission with tons of monsters and things to blow up. I'll be coming back to New Marais often just to screw around with Cole and those UGC mission will help a great deal.

Raider82

Neo Member
DeVeAn said:
No matter how hard I try to convince myself, I know the Hero edition is not worth $100 bucks. Really want the game though.

Really? I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to the Hero Edition. It's only $40 dollars more. I'm still debating though. Guess it will depend if Gamestop has any left to pre-order.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Game beaten. Fun game, liked it as much as the first one. Didn't see a huge leap, but then again I don't really remember much from the first game.

That was an epic demo. Seriously massive.

First impressions - the game is even better than the first. Everything has been drastically improved or refined / tightened up enough to make a difference. The story also seems like something out of a blockbuster superhero movie, could potentially be very, very cool. Although come to think of it the first had a solid, well told story I thought.

Nightz

Wario64 said:
Game beaten. Fun game, liked it as much as the first one. Didn't see a huge leap, but then again I don't really remember much from the first game.
How long did it take you?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ties with Bulletstorm as my favorite demo of the year. I just kept going around, killing helpless people. Gameplay was fantastic, but I kind of wish climbing was as quick as other platforming options. Not bad, but it feels slow compared to jumping from building to building with boosts going. Heh.

One thing, The VA is horrible.

Demo looked waaay better than the original, and better than I cold expect.

I feels like Infamous: fast, intuitive, precise and fun. New melee combo are awesome. It was the only lack of gameplay in the first game, and it looks resolve. New power looks awesome. Bad Cole looks like a crackhead :D

edgefusion

I really like that tattoo Cole has on his right forearm, of the phoenix. It looks cool and I want it. Anybody know if Sucker Punch has released any of his tattoos in higher resolution? I guess it's pretty hopeless for something like that, right?

Pkaz01

I spent so much time in the demo just climbing random shit. This is the type of game where you find yourself going in the opposite direction just cause there is something cool to climb. I feel like im all over the place when usually I like to get straight to the point with the fastest way possible even in open world games. Good feeling when you actually have fun exploring and you go as far as to enjoy just messing around more than you do the story.

NIN90

Sound mix seems really weird in the demo.
Like Cole's foot steps are very quiet. Not being able to hear own foot steps in games drives me crazy !

Also, why no shards in the demo? :(
Infamous 1 demo had em.

I haven't been able to dl the demo yet, but it's downloading as I type this. (Slooow internet here.) But I was able to play a little at a kiosk in Gamestop today. Only played a few minutes, but it was instantly fun. Wasn't quite sure about the throwing cars thing, that seemed a little wonky, but other than that it was all gravy. As soon as I started playing, all I wanted to do was go home and download the damn thing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Xtortionist said:
I thought Cole and Zeke sounded OK, but the Asian chick sounds totally uninterested. First thing I noticed.

I don't like Cole's voice at all, lol.

I was also sick of the melee camera by the end of the demo.

leng jai

Another game with a lacklustre sound mix. The explosions lack an oomph at all which is strange considering this game is about blowing shit up. The soundtrack however, sounds splendid.

Loudninja

leng jai said:
Another game with a lacklustre sound mix. The explosions lack an oomph at all which is strange considering this game is about blowing shit up. The soundtrack however, sounds splendid.
What really?

The Lamp

neorej said:
People actually use the TV-speakers?

I have to for right now. I don't have my sound system with me.

I love how you can edit how quickly the camera moves.

I really didn't run into much trouble with it during melee combat.

rapid32.5 said:
I hate new Cole's voice, please tell me it's not in the final game.

They've had him hired and recording audio for more than the past year....what do you think? Lol.

Top Bottom