• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

DrBo42

Loudninja said:
Btw the default difficulty in the demo is easy.
Hard in the retail version is decently difficult. You really can't run into a group of armed combatants and expect to fight your way out.

Irish

The English Conquistador said:
I thought you could change it? I selected normal after finding out it was originally set to easy. :/

You... uh... answered your own question there. :p

After playing the demo, i'm definitely going to beat the game first as a good guy.

EDIT: Hey Wario did you do good or bad playthrough? 10-15 with or w/o side missions?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
After playing the demo, i'm definitely going to beat the game first as a good guy.

EDIT: Hey Wario did you do good or bad playthrough? 10-15 with or w/o side missions?

About 285-ish shards, 50 side missions completed. Good.

It's probably around 15 hours if you want to narrow it down

aristotle

Anyone able to redeem their DLC codes yet? I'm hoping they'll activate them at least before Tuesday if not already activated.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
aristotle said:
Anyone able to redeem their DLC codes yet? I'm hoping they'll activate them at least before Tuesday if not already activated.
I tried a Sniper Blast code yesterday after the store went live yesterday and the code was still not working. It'll probably get unlocked on Tuesday.

Mikey Jr.

So I've been playing the demo.

Hmmm. Doesn't it seem like the background noise is extremely low or non-existent?

I was just wandering around, and I swear to God, I heard nothing. Explosions and monsters, yeah. But If I just stood still, it was almost like the sound was off.

Didn't like that at all.

Just played the demo.

Holy crap... I knew I2 would be better, but this fucking good? I am amazed. Seriously, the controls are super-tight, the visuals are phenomenal, cut scenes are very nice, and the gameplay is superb.

Awesome.

DrBo42

Mikey Jr. said:
So I've been playing the demo.

Hmmm. Doesn't it seem like the background noise is extremely low or non-existent?

I was just wandering around, and I swear to God, I heard nothing. Explosions and monsters, yeah. But If I just stood still, it was almost like the sound was off.

Didn't like that at all.
Must be something going on with your settings or perhaps a bug. Retail isn't like that.

Edgeward

Oh my god, the framerate is so much better than infamous 1 it's really jarring. Feels like a new is some ways just because of that. And grenades are much easier to aim, they actually go to the reticule instead of that weird ass throwing motion in the first game, where you had to aim off center and down a bit. But, Cole's voice - no good. That bugs the shit out of me.

Demo impressions btw.

Fuck, I need amazon to put up some credit for this. I want it so bad now.

Edgeward said:
Oh my god, the framerate is so much better than infamous 1 it's really jarring. Feels like a new is some ways just because of that. And grenades are much easier to aim, they actually go to the reticule instead of that weird ass throwing motion in the first game, where you had to aim off center and down a bit. But, Cole's voice - no good. That bugs the shit out of me.

Demo impressions btw.

Fuck, I need amazon to put up some credit for this. I want it so bad now.

Really? I thought it was decent. I liked the guy from the first game, but the new guy isn't bad.

Irish

Eric Ladin is amazing as Cole. Jason Cottle remains awful to this day. (really grating going back to i1 after listening to Ladin's version) I don't know how a person could have been so entirely indifferent like Cottle was.

Tom Penny

I liked the demo. Camera isn't perfect but whatevs. I agree with the person that said some section there was like no background noise. Strange.

Irish said:
Eric Ladin is amazing as Cole. Jason Cottle remains awful to this day. (really grating going back to i1 after listening to Ladin's version) I don't know how a person could have been so entirely indifferent like Cottle was.

Did you get the full game yet, Irish?

I can't judge Ladin's performance based just on the demo, but I'm digging the voice and the cutscenes are quite good.

When they said an Uncharted 2-esque jump, they weren't kidding.

Irish

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Did you get the full game yet, Irish?

I can't judge Ladin's performance based just on the demo, but I'm digging the voice and the cutscenes are quite good.

Nah, I'm just judging based on the demo and all of the trailers we have seen so far.

Just finished playing the demo. Freakin' blast. It's just a joy to climb buildings. (Oh, and chain link fences this time.) I also love how the buildings and landmarks are rendered. Some of them look amazing. And blowing up parts of buildings was a nice surprise as well.

Infamous fans are gonna eat this up, but I don't think it's going to wow the people who were cool on the first game. I think it's awesome, but when you get down to it, this is pretty much Infamous at it's core. But it runs great and looks fantastic. I'm pretty pumped.

pelican

Loved the demo. Can't wait to pick it up next week.

I really like the destructible environments that they have added. Blasting some fool standing on a balcony for it all to fall apart is great fun.

DeVeAn

Played a good chunk of the demo and damn playing nothing but PC the past month and going back to a console is hard. The framerate is not very good. I am just spoiled now.

Gameplay wise the camera feels too close to Cole and the jumping feels off from the first. NPC's are fuckin ugly and I can't stand Cole's new voice. Powers are better and the Amp feels good when connecting.

My last gripe was the enemy design I mean WTF bugs and Alien crabs? Loved the first game a lot, but this one feels off to me. My 2 cents.

Edit: Anyone else having the PS3 get really hot with inFamous 2? My Slim was really hot after 1 hour of play.

DeVeAn said:
Played a good chunk of the demo and damn playing nothing but PC the past month and going back to a console is hard. The framerate is not very good. I am just spoiled now.

Gameplay wise the camera feels too close to Cole and the jumping feels off from the first. NPC's are fuckin ugly and I can't stand Cole's new voice. Powers are better and the Amp feels good when connecting.

My last gripe was the enemy design I mean WTF bugs and Alien crabs? Loved the first game a lot, but this one feels off to me. My 2 cents.

Edit: Anyone else having the PS3 get really hot with inFamous 2? My Slim was really hot after 1 hour of play.

2 hours here. It is just fine. Does the demo gets your PS3 hot?

Thrakier

DeVeAn said:
P
Gameplay wise the camera feels too close to Cole and the jumping feels off from the first

My last gripe was the enemy design I mean WTF bugs and Alien crabs?

Felt the same...

DeVeAn

valentine71 said:
2 hours here. It is just fine. Does the demo gets your PS3 hot?
Hmm, I mean I never touch my console but I felt the back and it was damn hot. Just weird really.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
dogmanstaruk said:
Loved the demo. Can't wait to pick it up next week.

I really like the destructible environments that they have added. Blasting some fool standing on a balcony for it all to fall apart is great fun.

That was awesome. I tossed a few grenades around the supports and my GF is all like "WTF, he's up there, why are you spamming grenades on the street?" and with great timing the balcony comes down and she's like "aha, that's awesome!"

ElyrionX

Tried the demo. I like it so will probably pick this up next week. However, the city is still way too bleak and depressing.

How many new powers did they add? How many ice and fire powers are there?

My PS3 is also getting way too loud. It's as bad as my old 360, FFS. The fan pipes up within 5 minutes of gameplay and it never shuts up throughout. Very annoying.

DeVeAn said:
Hmm, I mean I never touch my console but I felt the back and it was damn hot. Just weird really.

By the way i should have said that i am playing the full game not demo. Also some users reported sound problems about the demo. Strange...

ElyrionX said:
Tried the demo. I like it so will probably pick this up next week. However, the city is still way too bleak and depressing.

How many new powers did they add? How many ice and fire powers are there?

My PS3 is also getting way too loud. It's as bad as my old 360, FFS. The fan pipes up within 5 minutes of gameplay and it never shuts up throughout. Very annoying.

I predict hot summer + old PS3s + Blu-ray Discs will cause for a lot of YLODs this year....

Chuck

Still without luck
After replaying the demo, I decided to go back and play some inFAMOUS to see the graphical and gamplay differences and, dayum.

inFAMOUS looked bad when it came out in 2009, but now it looks really terrible. The art looks uglier and the electricity effects look bland.

It's probably been said already in this thread but the biggest difference between the two in terms of gameplay is the fact that inFAMOUS 2 gives you an AUTOMATIC arm shooter. It makes the game so much funner especially paired with the melee weapon.

inFAMOUS 2 still has some open-world jank, but it's a little easier to forgive.

IpLfZ.jpg

Reading all the impressions is making it so hard to ignore the demo...

Oni Jazar

Played through the demo. Few thoughts:

1) Did they move the hover to R1 from L2 or R2 (I forget)? That seems dumb. Now you can't really hover and shoot at the same time.

2) The sound mix is awful. I really hope you can adjust the music/sound effects/voice.

3) The first time I used the ionic vortex my jaw literally dropped.

Played the demo. Thought it was pretty great but I don't think the platforming feels as tight. It's hard to explain but I found myself missing jumps that I feel like I'd have made in Infamous 1.

Madrical

Banned
Pre-ordered the CE, even though it's $200 here. I'm an idiot. Still, can't wait. Day 1. Glad to see it's getting good reviews, hope Sucker Punch make a new Sly next though. Anyone know if the story is solid? IGN seemed impressed but they called GTA IV oscar worthy sooo yeah.

Atruvius

Yay! VPD sent me an email today saying that they have mailed my copy of the game. Will hopefully arrive next tuesday.

Top Bottom