• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Wario64 said:
Once you play a UGC mission, it disappears from the map. Huh? That's too weird. Doesn't look like you can search missions either...it's all random.
It disappears from the map but shows up in the recently played filter. You can search for missions but what I think is happening is that because they have a finite space to put these in, they can't show you every single level that would match your filter so they show you a subset of the missions you wanted to see and it changes every time you search.

ACE 1991

DrBo42 said:
Yes, and I suggest you don't use it. I definitely don't.

Edit: It would be fine if it drained a large amount of energy to continuously use, but it doesn't. On top of that you get a power that turns successful hits into energy. Horrible balancing.

Wow, really? I'm not going to use that.

KingDizzi

Banned
I'm gonna go the evil route but want the ice powers, you can do that right? The evil powers seem kinds shit to me but want to beat the fuck out of random people on the streets. Recall with the first game that when you went the evil route doing bad things made you stronger. So if I take the Ice powers which I assume are good you can still go the evil route and power up the ice powers which again I assume happens as the game progresses? Hope that makes sense. :/

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Chris_C said:
Played the demo and the graphics are absolutely jaw dropping.

My one complaint is that even the "normal" camera sensitivity is waaay too high, it makes things unnecessarily manic.

For those with the final game, can you reduce this setting further?
Slowest setting is Normal.

ACE 1991 said:
So the machine gun bolt power (I forget the name) seems far too powerful, and seems like it will cheapen the game. Can I still play through it without this power?
It's a level 3 power (max), you don't start with it and you can switch back to the lower level powers once you do unlock it.

Irish

badcrumble said:
I hope there's an ice-based and a fire-based bolt power.

Save those for the new characters in inFamous 3. (What? I just like origin stories better than continuances.)

Lince

Banned
so I was walking home with my girl and I noticed a bunch of young men gathering in front of a mom-and-pop's videogames/music/comic books & video store... yeah so basically if you preordered the EU collectors edition of inFamous 2 from them this afternoon you get it for almost half the price with a bunch or bonuses, of course I preordered my copy and paid it in full and they gave me like 15 (lol) PSN redeem codes for the lightning hook, Kessler skin, golden amp, 'original' Cole skin, some grenade stuff... whatever, I kept mine and gave the rest away for the younger kids that were preordering the even cheaper regular version, felt good man.

DeVeAn

Went against my better judgement and ordered Hero Edition. All of it paid with credit so it didn't hurt the wallet. Backpack looks too awesome as does the statue.

Irish

Lince said:
so I was walking home with my girl and I noticed a bunch of young men gathering in front of a mom-and-pop's videogames/music/comic books & video store... yeah so basically if you preordered the EU collectors edition of inFamous 2 from them this afternoon you get it for almost half the price with a bunch or bonuses, of course I preordered my copy and paid it in full and they gave me like 15 (lol) PSN redeem codes for the lightning hook, Kessler skin, golden amp, 'original' Cole skin, some grenade stuff... whatever, I kept mine and gave the rest away for the younger kids that were preordering the even cheaper regular version, felt good man.

You could have given them to poor little me. I'm totally younger!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
hey_it's_that_dog said:
Hey does this game still have those time trial/rooftop race missions? Or will I have to rely on UGC for that kind of thing?

No time trials in the main game. There's sort of roof top missions where you have to stay on power lines to stay alive.

Anyone know how to get the assassination and ice conduit side missions? I did 60/60 side missions and owned all territories...

AEREC

I chose inFAMOUS 1 as one of my free PSN games even though I already platinumed it (I also already owned all of the free games aside from inFAMOUS and LBP).

After playing I1 again, I2 is a huge graphical improvement over I1.

wow, the demo was great. You don't get to play with many of the powers that are new, but it really got my excited to play this in a few days! This is how you do a demo.

Irish said:
Well, I know they have their new IP on the way, but they can always come back to the series later on.

I think if they wanted to do a third one, they wouldn't have Cole taking on the Beast in this one.

Panipal2009 said:
I think if they wanted to do a third one, they wouldn't have Cole taking on the Beast in this one.

Then introduce a new nemesis and horrible situation for Cole to deal with. Unless I2 ends with a cliffhanger or something.

Just finished my play through of I1. My body is ready for Tuesday.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kinda curious what they will do with this franchise though after this game. I'll just wait till you guys finish it :)

ConradCervantes said:
This part:

...I don't really care for. Don't a lot of sequels play like their predecessors? GTA? Call of Duty?

Yup, and I believe they gave COD a 9.0 last year and I'm sure it will get a high score this year, these journalism sites are so inconsistent it's hard to trust em.

hebrew hammer said:
Gamespot is far and away the most reliable game site since the edios debacle. 1up , game trailers, ign, andjoystiq are jokes
But not getting a game because one mad gave it a good score? Seriously?

The Lamp

ConradCervantes said:
This part:

...I don't really care for. Don't a lot of sequels play like their predecessors? GTA? Call of Duty?

Seriously. That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. It's inFAMOUS 2. It's only the second game. We're not tired of the gameplay yet; obviously we wanted a better, more refined version of what we got in the first game.

People like that need to go haggle milked franchises like Call of Duty.

The Gamespot said the movement controls were unchanged from the original, but the new Static Thrusters and ability to change directions while Thrusting after launching off a power line makes a huge difference.

Whatever.

BannedEpisode said:
Strange. When I access the games page from the main website the review is gone.

Whats up with that?

KL Debacle 2.0 - Count on it

hebrew hammer said:
Uneven pacing is a huge detractor. I wonder how awful it is

Why is Gamespot so trust-worthy ahead of any other game site? Why not read multiple reviews to see what are consistent complaints and what aren't. Or rent it. Or borrow it.

Hell, I trust the reviews of most people on Gaf than any actual review site.

Loudninja

Gameblog.fr 8/10
inFAMOUS 2, as with its predecessor, shines mainly thanks to its thrilling action in a beautifully rendered open environment. Visually stunning, this new chapter in Cole's story would have gained much with more variety for its optional tasks, but it still offers to action-cravers a game that's dense, rich, quite loaded with stuff to do and more importantly really fun to play.
http://www.gameblog.fr/test_978_infamous-2-ps3

Gamereactor Sweden 8/10

Infamous 2 is our favourite kind of sequel – one that evolves the concept and polishes the experience to perfection. The new adventures of Cole are not perfection though, but not far from it.
http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/27602/Infamous+2/

JohngPR

Thanks for the info Irish. :)

hebrew hammer said:
Gamespot is far and away the most reliable game site since the edios debacle. 1up , game trailers, ign, andjoystiq are jokes
But they were the Eidos debacle....

Snipes424

I think I'm just done with what game reviewers have to say. It's not about what score they give games, but the double standards and hypocrisy absolutely pisses me off.

I mean critiquing Infamous 2 for playing too much like the original while COD magically is never critiqued about the exact same problem? Which isn't even a problem because it wouldn't be smart to redo COD combat or Infamous combat because they're both great at what they do.

This shit is so stupid.

Mrbob

Finally got a chance to play the demo tonight. Amazing. Game looks great still plays fast and furious. Bring on Tuesday so I can dig into the full game.

Edit: Lol I batted back a rocket towards the enemy with my melee weapon so awesome batter up!

Acrylic7

Is it me or is shit on the screen harder to read?

I found myself squinting a lot during the demo.
still fun to play though.

NBtoaster

Why are there so many dudes with rockets in the demo :s Little annoying with the knockback. Guess I'll need to get proficient with shockwave timings.

reKon

Banned
That GameSpot review was fucking stupid. Almost as bad as the Ratchet and Clank: ToD one (check that one out for laughs).

Anyways I saw the Infamous 2 commercial before seeing the X-Men Movie (which was excellent). Sony ramping up that promotion!

Luthos

Played the demo, and it was awesome.

Infamous 1 was ugly, yet so much fun to play. Infamous 2 keeps the fun play, yet adds some pretty.

The sweet gameplay is still there, yet with some cool powers. That ability to throw cars is as much fun to use as it was awesome to see the first time.

The tornado spell is cool, but I think I might like the Thunderstorm ability from 1 more.

Top Bottom