• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

aristotle said:
It reads the save file (must be one from that console, not copied over). I'm not sure if it matters if you did a good or bad run only.

From what I've read hard mode isn't that bad. Gunshots even on medium though will tear you apart if you're not quick enough. Explosions as well.
Pretty much. Expect to be hit much less but expect those hits to hurt way more. One good clean rocket or explosion to the face and Cole will be just a host or two from death. I'm halfway in my evil run on hard and it's harder but It's not tripping me up.

If anyone had the UGC up, it looks like they kept the beta level, they just aren't letting you alter them anymore. I'll be posting level I make but here the one that got showcased on the Infamous 2 beta walkthrough.

Block Party
Add some of those to your queue and tell me what you think.

aristotle

Thnikkaman said:
Thanks! All I really want are the extra good karma level and the choices carrying over.

Sounds good. It just got ridiculous in the first game with the teleporting, cloaking, shotgun wielding enemies that took me down in three shots. Plus it felt like I could never roll or run away from explosions, only take cover from them.

They added a roll move and a "slight" cover option now. ;)

KAOz said:
Are you 100% sure? Since they mentioned trophies only before.

Yep. My copy is copied over. I have a plat in the game. I didn't get any options when I first loaded up the game unlike those who don't have a copied savefile and a plat. I'm miffed about it, but it's not a big deal. You level up pretty quickly. I have almost 3 powers maxed out and a near maxed power meter and I haven't even done half of the first island.

BobTheFork said:
Pretty much. Expect to be hit much less but expect those hits to hurt way more. One good clean rocket or explosion to the face and Cole will be just a host or two from death. I'm halfway in my evil run on hard and it's harder but It's not tripping me up.

If anyone had the UGC up, it looks like they kept the beta level, they just aren't letting you alter them anymore. I'll be posting level I make but here the one that got showcased on the Infamous 2 beta walkthrough.

Block Party
Add some of those to your queue and tell me what you think.

I'll queue it up. I won't be able to play it until tonight though.

Edit: How do I queue it up? It's not giving me any option as of right now.

kaskade

Totobeni said:
....Holy shit, Gamespot still exist?

I really thought they closed down after Jeff,Ryan and the other guys left.
Speaking of them, I wonder if they are going to get a review out. I don't remember them mentioning anything. They might be too busy with e3.

KAOz

Short bus special
aristotle said:

Yep. My copy is copied over. I have a plat in the game. I didn't get any options when I first loaded up the game unlike those who don't have a copied savefile and a plat. I'm miffed about it, but it's not a big deal. You level up pretty quickly. I have almost 3 powers maxed out and a near maxed power meter and I haven't even done half of the first island.

That's pretty weird though. As they mentioned Karmic Levels for both states. This is not good, as I lost my 100% savefile a good while ago, and only have my Platinum. Damnit.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
BobTheFork said:
Christ that sounds so much better! Every enemy had near-perfect sniper aim and just wiped me out constantly. Thank god for the checkpoints. Rolling and cover was present in 1 but rolling just got me stuck on geometry and dead again from a minigun transient.

If I can properly evade fire that does more damage then that is awesome.

kaskade said:
Speaking of them, I wonder if they are going to get a review out. I don't remember them mentioning anything. They might be too busy with e3.
Brad seems to be a huge fan of the series so I have a hunch we'll see a glowing review from him.

aristotle

KAOz said:
That's pretty weird though. As they mentioned Karmic Levels for both states. This is not good, as I lost my 100% savefile a good while ago, and only have my Platinum. Damnit.

I think it checks to see if you have a savefile & a plat. Then it'll give you a choice. If you have a plat, you did everything. I can't say for certain and neither can anyone else as far as I know. They said it checked for trophies, but in reality it doesn't.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
aristotle said:
I think it checks to see if you have a savefile & a plat. Then it'll give you a choice. If you have a plat, you did everything.
Wait, you need a plat for any benefit to trigger? If so I'll just blast through Evil on easy.

Lingitiz

kaskade said:
Brad said on twitter that they just got their review copy so no coverage until after E3.

DeVeAn

Wait so I need a save PLUS my Platinum trophy to get full benefits? I lost my save along with a old 60GB that needed repair.

KAOz

Short bus special
aristotle said:
I think it checks to see if you have a savefile & a plat. Then it'll give you a choice. If you have a plat, you did everything. I can't say for certain and neither can anyone else as far as I know. They said it checked for trophies, but in reality it doesn't.

Hmmmm, this might be true. Just booted inFAMOUS 1 up, saved and checked the whole, new Saved Game file. It says "Game Completion: 100%". And I have no other save of it.

This shit is strange as hell.

aristotle said:

I'll queue it up. I won't be able to play it until tonight though.

Edit: How do I queue it up? It's not giving me any option as of right now.
Well, I was in the beta and I've been able to do it for some time now. Maybe they haven't quite got it all up and running for retail people yet.

aristotle

Thnikkaman said:
Wait, you need a plat for any benefit to trigger? If so I'll just blast through Evil on easy.

DeVeAn said:
Wait so I need a save PLUS my Platinum trophy to get full benefits? I lost my save along with a old 60GB that needed repair.

KAOz said:
Hmmmm, this might be true. Just booted inFAMOUS 1 up, saved and checked the whole, new Saved Game file. It says "Game Completion: 100%". And I have no other save of it.

This shit is strange as hell.

Guys guys! I only said I think you need a platinum. I know for a fact that you have to have a non-copied savefile for it to work. SuckerPunch officially said it only checks trophies, which isn't true. I'm just guessing. That much I know is true. Myself and several others never got that option because our savefiles were copied from one ps3 to another.

Maybe you just need the trophies for either a good or bad run-through. I have no real idea.

BobTheFork said:
Well, I was in the beta and I've been able to do it for some time now. Maybe they haven't quite got it all up and running for retail people yet.

Hmm....maybe so. I wish all of this stuff would unlock already though. I need to redeem all the subway & schick codes I have. ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
aristotle said:

I have my save files and Platinum'd Infamous 1 and didn't get the option to import. But I transferred my save files last week from my fat PS3 to slim PS3, which is probably the culprit.

Despite what the articles are saying, the game is simply not reading your trophy data. Or maybe I have to boot up Infamous 1 to refresh the trophy information or something? I dont know.

Also, I dont think it matters if you have a platinum or not.

KAOz

Short bus special
Wario64 said:
Also, I dont think it matters if you have a platinum or not.

This is true. You don't get shit all for having a Platinum, nor does it impact it.

I personally though, just find it weird how it works. Though, Wario, log onto your PSN on your inFAMOUS 2 PS3, install the first game, delete the imported saves, save a completly new game, and then try inFAMOUS 2 to see if it works.

God, I wrote that like shit. But, you know what I mean.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
KAOz said:
This is true. You don't get shit all for having a Platinum, nor does it impact it.

I personally though, just find it weird how it works. Though, Wario, log onto your PSN on your inFAMOUS 2 PS3, install the first game, delete the imported saves, save a completly new game, and then try inFAMOUS 2 to see if it works.

God, I wrote that like shit. But, you know what I mean.

I would try that but I dont have Infamous 1 anymore, and I'm not going to download 7GB to find out :/

KAOz

Short bus special
Wario64 said:
I would try that but I dont have Infamous 1 anymore, and I'm not going to download 7GB to find out :/

Ah, damnit. Too bad really.

But yeah, I think all you need is specific trophies, and just a save game from the first. Since the save game, and save data seems to remember your trophies even if you deleted them both before.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just uploaded a UGC mission to get the Shock and Awe trophy easy, lols. I dont even know if you can get trophies from UGC missions, it didn't let me but then again it gave me 0 EXP since it was my own mission I think. I hope it really does give the trophy or I'm gonna be ridiculed

(yes, creating missions for easy trophies, I'm part of the problem)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Man, man man man. This game is just too good. Doing a full "good" run, can't really tell how much farther I have to go. Can't wait to do my evil run.

So uh, the lack of talk about
Moya
seems strange. Should I read the stack of inFAMOUS comics I have sitting on my desk to make the story seem like it has less holes?

brucewaynegretzky said:
So uh, the lack of talk about
Moya
seems strange. Should I read the stack of inFAMOUS comics I have sitting on my desk to make the story seem like it has less holes?

Yes.

But it's not very good. Disappointing, but it at least fills those holes

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone know if you can fire those telsa shots in UGC missions? Got an idea for a Pilotwings-esque mission...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Totobeni said:
....Holy shit, Gamespot still exist?

I really thought they closed down after Jeff,Ryan and the other guys left.
I can't tell if you're kidding. Why would a company close after four people left?

I tried pre-ordering on Amazon and the expected delivery date was July 9th! That's with next day shipping as a Prime member. Lame. Considering there's no pre-order credit incentive, I canceled and will just pick it up at Best Buy.

The Lamp

Jugendstil said:
I tried pre-ordering on Amazon and the expected delivery date was July 9th! That's with next day shipping as a Prime member. Lame. Considering there's no pre-order credit incentive, I canceled and will just pick it up at Best Buy.

Yeah...they just got rid of release-date shipping? I was going to order it but now it's gone...

The Lamp

Them removing release-date shipping convinced me to wait a week or two to buy this game. I want to see the fanbase's reaction and maybe hope for a price drop or something. I don't really care for the digital pre-order goodies, so I can wait.

The Lamp said:
Yeah...they just got rid of release-date shipping? I was going to order it but now it's gone...

It's weird because if I log out of my Amazon account, it shows up on the page, but when I complete the order it gives me the 9th as the expected delivery. I've never had a problem getting games on the release date before via Amazon Prime, but it's never done anything weird like this either.

Beat the game on my second run (evil hard). I want more people to finish so we can talk about the ending but that will have to wait for a bit.

End game bonus, minor spoiler
they ditch the karma locks and let you have every single power in the game. Lots of fun to mix and match ice and fire powers

The polished up everything from the first game and made the combat so much more fun and crazy. Can't wait to see what Sucker Punch does next.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bob, did you get the trophies for completing the assassination/ice side missions? I got all territories and I never got those trophies, so I have no idea what those trophies are referring to

Lince

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Beat the game on my second run

The polished up everything from the first game and made the combat so much more fun and crazy.

pretty much what most sites are stating in their reviews, faith restored.

KingK

I just played the demo, and WOW! It looks and feels so much better than the first game! I'll be picking this up right after work on Tuesday. I have no idea what some reviewers
gamespot
are bitching about. Every video I've seen of the game looks amazing, and after playing the demo, it seems like it lives up to the videos.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BobTheFork said:
Beat the game on my second run (evil hard). I want more people to finish so we can talk about the ending but that will have to wait for a bit.

End game bonus, minor spoiler
they ditch the karma locks and let you have every single power in the game. Lots of fun to mix and match ice and fire powers

The polished up everything from the first game and made the combat so much more fun and crazy. Can't wait to see what Sucker Punch does next.
The ending was fantastic! Huge step up from the first game.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Phenomic said:
Without spoiling anything please.

Completely mind blowing like the first game? Perhaps even better? I can't wait for this now .. haha
Better. While the twist in the first game was nice, everything else in that final battle was lackluster. There was nothing amazing about the location and neither Cole or Kessler went into overdrive with their powers. It felt like just another mission, not the final showdown in the game.

In i2 the final battle screams epic and it makes you feel like a goddamn super hero blasting shit to save day.

Killthee said:
Better. While the twist in the first game was nice, everything else in that final battle was lackluster. There was nothing amazing about the location and neither Cole or Kessler went into overdrive with their powers. It felt like just another mission, not the final showdown in the game.

In i2 the final battle screams epic and it makes you feel like a goddamn super hero blasting shit to save day.

And no cliffhanger, right?

Killthee said:

Awesome! I'm so tired of games with crap endings, but stuff like inFamous and Uncharted will save me!

Tuesday, why you seem so faaaaaar?

I wonder if the ending is definitive or whether it sets up a possible I3. I hope SP isn't done with this IP.

KingK

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Awesome! I'm so tired of games with crap endings, but stuff like inFamous and Uncharted will save me!

Tuesday, why you seem so faaaaaar?

I wonder if the ending is definitive or whether it sets up a possible I3. I hope SP isn't done with this IP.

I also want them to keep making Infamous games down the road, but they need to make Sly 4 first!!!

acevans2

The complaints about the controls make me laugh. Infamous 1 is one of the few games with controls I think are stand-out good, and judging by the demo of I2, it's just like it.

Top Bottom