• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

jmd494

BackwardsSuggestions said:

won ton destruction. lol
wanton-destruction.jpg

acevans2 said:
The complaints about the controls make me laugh. Infamous 1 is one of the few games with controls I think are stand-out good, and judging by the demo of I2, it's just like it.

I2 is even better. In I1 your momentum after jumping off a grindable object made it so Cole could only use Static Thrusters to move forward. I2 fixes this and it makes a huge difference.

That, and the improved Static Thrusters in general. I2 may have the best movement of any 3rd person action/adventure game ever. It's at least top 5.

The Xtortionist said:
I2 is even better. In I1 your momentum after jumping off a grindable object made it so Cole could only use Static Thrusters to move forward. I2 fixes this and it makes a huge difference.

That, and the improved Static Thrusters in general. I2 may have the best movement of any 3rd person action/adventure game ever. It's at least top 5.

Yeah, but damn... that camera... Also I hate having to put away the amp before I can use blasters.

To preface this complaint, I'll say that this game is really, really good. So much is improved from the first game and they managed to make the fun parts more fun.

Now the complaint: the camera and general vision is whack and bad and I don't get it.

For a game where you're getting shot at from all directions, the camera is pulled in so close when you aim that it feels suffocating. I don't remember Infamous feeling this claustrophobic. What bothers me is when you aim in mid-air, you have this nice pulled back camera and I wish the entire game was like that.

It gets worse when you're in combat because getting knocked back throws the camera for a loop. Like, one second you're zoomed in behind Cole's back, and the next you're zoomed out and looking at him staggered from the front. It's disorientating. And again, it gets worse when the screen gets black and white. I just want to see what's going on and it feels like the game doesn't want me to.

There is also the melee camera and how disorientating it is to switch from that to shooting again. I just don't get why it's so zoomed in. What really got me was the
shield ability
and how it's zoomed in when you use it. It's an issue Infamous 1 didn't have and one of the very few parts that is worse in Infamous 2.

Irish

Hm... camera didn't really seem like much of a problem to me from my few runthroughs of the demo. Of course, camera/controls never seem to be an issue for me at least 95% of the time (in any game).

Also, I remember seeing people talk about this a few pages back but can't quite find the post (or I'm just too lazy to look for it):

Thrusters were on R1 in the original and that is still where they are in the sequel. You could never fire with R1 when using them, but in both games you can launch your grenades, rockets, and shockwaves as you normally would while still thrusting.

Just beat the game, I had a blast with it, the second to last power was the highlight of the game for me. I thought the final battle was cool albeit limited in terms of strategy. Good ending. I still wish the game had more enemy types. All in all it was real fun and they made this game waaaaay more fun than the first. I2 is just the better game. Im going to hold off on my second playthrough for like a couple of months so I can have a whole new experience waiting for me.

I cant wait until there is a spoiler thread so we can talk about it freely.

Feep

Banned
Domcorleone said:
Just beat the game, I had a blast with it, the second to last power was the highlight of the game for me. I thought the final battle was cool albeit limited in terms of strategy. Good ending. I still wish the game had more enemy types. All in all it was real fun and they made this game waaaaay more fun than the first. I2 is just the better game. Im going to hold off on my second playthrough for like a couple of months so I can have a whole new experience waiting for me.

I cant wait until there is a spoiler thread so we can talk about it freely.
What karma? Good and evil ending missions and endings are radically different. One is way better than the other.

Feep said:
What karma? Good and evil ending missions and endings are radically different. One is way better than the other.

I did good karma hard difficulty. I am going to do an evil playthough in a couple months. Which one did you like more? Good or evil?

Feep

Banned
Domcorleone said:
I did good karma hard difficulty. I am going to do an evil playthough in a couple months. Which one did you like more? Good or evil?
Good, believe it or not...which is funny, considering that other review I read that bitched constantly about the good missions being lame. :lol

Oppo

Oh right, there was some promo in the US, I remember seeing something about that.

I shouldn't complain, I'm not even through LA Noire yet. On that note *smoke grenade*

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to force myself through the first game since I didn't like and perhaps try this one but all I've been hearing it's the same thing relying more on combat and less on the story, while one of my concerns of the first one is how the combat got stagnant after a while. I guess I'll have to wait for the bargain bin.

Anyone who has the game already know where I can find the last side mission on the southeast of the first island? SPOILER:
I just beat the big monstery Bertrand and went over to Floodtown, but there is still a small section by the swamp that I haven't cleared yet.

I read the Gamespot review and while I haven't played the game yet of course I can totally understand a lot of the complaints. Either way, I cannot wait to open my Hero Edition!

Anyone know if there is a Kevin Butler ad for this game? I keep seeing the inFamous 2 ad with all gameplay but damn it I want to chuckle =(

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
What's this 'inFamous 2 Blue Soundtrack' that on the PS Store? Is this the soundtrack that comes with the Hero Edition?

The one that comes with the Hero Edition is the Red Soundtrack, iirc.

brucewaynegretzky said:
Anyone who has the game already know where I can find the last side mission on the southeast of the first island? SPOILER:
I just beat the big monstery Bertrand and went over to Floodtown, but there is still a small section by the swamp that I haven't cleared yet.
Situations like that, either the mission pops up later in the story or you have to beat the crap out of a random group of enemies and investigate one of their corpses for a bonus mission to clear that part of the map up.

kaskade

I just put the first in to play it again a bit. I don't think I like the camera zoomed in so much as cole is running. It's significantly farther back in the original. While it's no deal breaker, I wouldn't mind them pulling it back a bit.

Square Triangle said:
Anyone know if there is a Kevin Butler ad for this game? I keep seeing the inFamous 2 ad with all gameplay but damn it I want to chuckle =(
Funny enough, there was one when I went to see X-Men First Class, it played before the movie. Unfortunately, the commercial wasn't that great.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Situations like that, either the mission pops up later in the story or you have to beat the crap out of a random group of enemies and investigate one of their corpses for a bonus mission to clear that part of the map up.

Yeah I've beat up everyone I can find. Was hoping someone could tell me if I need to keep going or if there is a certain guy I need to beat up.

Anyone know where the last dead drop is?

that's vague because they're scattered around, but is the last one available at some point in the story? I've looked around and can't find it.

Irish

That Cole theme is pretty badass. Still need to listen to the rest to determine if there are any real standouts like Anything for Trish or Alden Strikes.

Actually, all of the character themes seem to be pretty good.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Linkzg said:
Anyone know where the last dead drop is?

that's vague because they're scattered around, but is the last one available at some point in the story? I've looked around and can't find it.

Are the numbered dead drops specific to a location? I still have 3-4 left to go.

Dave1988

Wario64 said:
Are the numbered dead drops specific to a location? I still have 3-4 left to go.

I wish there was a map with locations of the dead drops. I'm missing one and have no idea where it could be lol.

Wario64 said:

Don't know. I've looked around and only have one left.

Finding blast shards is way easy compared to infamous 1. I didn't even bother with the blast shard finding power because I had 304/305 by the time it unlocked, and I wasn't going out of my way to find them.

RobertM

Oh boy, that boat explosion in the beginning was hella pixelated. I guess they were kind of trying to pull a God of War 2 with that one. Still need to get used to the new voice actor.

Enco

Loved the first game and loved this demo.

Will definitely pick this up. Love the parkour (well jumping from roof to roof).

Zeke is so awesome. Really loved what they did with him towards the end of the game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just beat it on the evil side. I think I prefer the missions on evil more, but I like the ending of the good side better.

Do I really have to buy EVERY power up to get that trophy? So much EXP...and still havent gotten the assassin's/ice conduit side mission trophies

BeeDog

Wario64 said:
Just beat it on the evil side. I think I prefer the missions on evil more, but I like the ending of the good side better.

Do I really have to buy EVERY power up to get that trophy? So much EXP...

Have you had any time to go back to I1 again and see how it stacks up to the second game now?

finished it good side hard (better give me the trophy)

do you start a brand new game as evil, or is it like a new game+ type thing?

still need to find that last dead drop. no clue where it is.

Dead Drop Tip: I got my final one after looking forever. I got it while getting the 'back to the bayou' trophy. That should tell you where it is.

I just need to play a few more user levels to get the platinum and I'm uploading another level right now.

BobTheFork said:
Dead Drop Tip: I got my final one after looking forever. I got it while getting the 'back to the bayou' trophy. That should tell you where it is.

I just need to play a few more user levels to get the platinum and I'm uploading another level right now.

how do you get the back to the bayou trophy? nvm. didn't think to look there.

also, kinda lame that user generated levels give you scant xp. some people designed levels where you're making hundreds, but all you really seem to get is the 40 for completing it.

and when they say get all powers, do they also mean evil powers? because those are locked and that much xp seems impossible.

Linkzg said:
how do you get the back to the bayou trophy? nvm. didn't think to look there.

also, kinda lame that user generated levels give you scant xp. some people designed levels where you're making hundreds, but all you really seem to get is the 40 for completing it.

and when they say get all powers, do they also mean evil powers? because those are locked and that much xp seems impossible.
I THINK they just mean powers on one side but once you beat the game a second time, you unlock ALL powers regardless of karma and get about 15k xp to help buy them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BeeDog said:
Have you had any time to go back to I1 again and see how it stacks up to the second game now?

Nope, don't have I1 anymore

BobTheFork said:
I THINK they just mean powers on one side but once you beat the game a second time, you unlock ALL powers regardless of karma and get about 15k xp to help buy them.

All powers are unlocked except for the karma powers. Trophy is confusing.

No one can tell me about the side mission achievement either. I'm guessing I need to do all evil ones or something?

DeVeAn

kaskade said:
I just put the first in to play it again a bit. I don't think I like the camera zoomed in so much as cole is running. It's significantly farther back in the original. While it's no deal breaker, I wouldn't mind them pulling it back a bit.
I knew it wasn't just me. I wonder what the reason for this was?

BobTheFork said:

I'm confused about beating it a second time. When I do new game, should I select 'continue from infamous 1 negative karma'? there doesn't seem to be a new game plus option.

also, I need about 8k to get rest of my good powers (all the red ones are locked out). I have no clue how I'm even supposed to earn that post game. You get like...90 for finishing a user created level.

Hey SUCKER PUNCH! IF you read this put the UGC checkpoint backt the way it was in the beta. There is no way to die and continue within a line of logic anymore. If I die you have to start the level over because they won't let you start the logic FROM the checkpoint marker anymore.

edit: you don't need to do anything. The game remembers and you just need to finish the game twice, once with each ending mission choice. Well, that's what the UGC levels are for. Just play some and get some xp.

4 more days till my hero edition arrives, finished la noire so im free and ready for this (would like to get my last 2 dc universe characters to 30 first but not mega fussed)

BobTheFork said:
Does this apply retroactively to the first runthrough save? Like, say I beat the game on Good Karma, if I beat it on Evil Karma do both save files get that tweak?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I HATED Infamous 1 due to it's lifeless boring city and even more boring repetitive missions. I dig the Infamous 2 demo though, the powers feel better and it just seems more fun. The city still seems really boring though. The peds have no personalties and don't even seem to react to what I'm doing. I'll probably purchase it when it hits $20.

Edit: The city is definitely better in this one. Street performers and protesters and what not. I just got to kill a street performer banging on a drum, raised my purchase price to $30. God I hate those annoying fuckers in real life! I really don't like the angsty/trying too hard to be edgy main character though.

Hmmm, does anyone want to see if they can find my level. I re-made my level from the beta and put it in the same place but I can't find it in the filters and another level of mine is getting way more plays. The level is 'minigame' and 'narrative' and it's in the culdesac just west of the big cemetery. I don't see it in the website either but it's only showing beta info for me right now. Thanks.

Rikyfree

BobTheFork said:
Hmmm, does anyone want to see if they can find my level. I re-made my level from the beta and put it in the same place but I can't find it in the filters and another level of mine is getting way more plays. The level is 'minigame' and 'narrative' and it's in the culdesac just west of the big cemetery. I don't see it in the website either but it's only showing beta info for me right now. Thanks.
I don't know which one you mean, but I saw your user profile on the site, looked at your published missions and just added them to my queue. Is it the Fallout one?

Top Bottom