• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Hmmm, Amazon still says "Shipping Soon."

Yesterday they emailed me that my card couldn't be charged because it was the same one I used for PSN and had the number changed and I forgot to put the new number in. I changed it to my Amazon card 5 minutes after getting that email but I don't know...

It still says I'll get it today but I doubt it.

ElyrionX said:
First of all, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 'too bad'? WTF?

Also, "lots" of people want to play the game twice? Are you fucking kidding me? You truly believe there is even anywhere close to a majority of the people who are buying the game (myself included) who would "want" to run through it TWICE? Especially given the repetitive nature of the game's missions and gameplay? Are you delusional?
Calm down. The dumbest thing your ever heard? how? You said you don't want them to make the game the way they did because you don't want to play it twice. Well, too fucking bad. They didn't make exactly what you wanted. Too bad, they made it the way that other people enjoy. Too bad, you'll have to play it twice anyways if you want all the powers MWAHAHAHA

Too bad means you are complaining about something you don't really have the ability to control in any way. Don't like it? well too bad.

BobTheFork said:
Calm down. The dumbest thing your ever heard? how? You said you don't want them to make the game the way they did because you don't want to play it twice. Well, too fucking bad. They didn't make exactly what you wanted. Too bad, they made it the way that other people enjoy. Too bad, you'll have to play it twice anyways if you want all the powers MWAHAHAHA

Too bad means you are complaining about something you don't really have the ability to control in any way. Don't like it? well too bad.
This post brought me laughter, good day to you lol!

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Hmmm, Amazon still says "Shipping Soon."

Yesterday they emailed me that my card couldn't be charged because it was the same one I used for PSN and had the number changed and I forgot to put the new number in. I changed it to my Amazon card 5 minutes after getting that email but I don't know...

It still says I'll get it today but I doubt it.
i got my email yesterday about tracking number.

The Sniper power code from that Schick promotion, and the Super Voucher from the Hero Edition for that matter, both work now. What sucks is that the Super Voucher doesn't have the 4 Amp skins or the Reaper Skin in there. Guess that comes as a separate code from the bundle.

lucius

Every time I enter my Uncharted3 beta code from XMB- Account Management- Redeem Code it says this code may not be correct or may no longer valid, anyone else get this?

Tried like 5 times, is this just because it is not up yet?

Also in the game the camera seems to be set closer behind Cole, then the 1st game, which I don't like so much is there a way to change this

Edit:
The camera only does that for the openning intro, awesome game.

Hmmm..anyone else having trouble with their pre-order code?

Mine is for the Lightning Hook power and it tells me the code is invalid and on the card it says it can`t be used until 07/25/2011

Nakimushi

Banned
cant wait to go homeee too !!!
I know its E3 time and people are exicted about other games but comon !!! this game is now !!! ;)))

lucius said:
Every time I enter my Uncharted3 beta code from XMB- Account Management- Redeem Code it says this code may not be correct or may no longer valid, anyone else get this?

Also in the game the camera seems to be set closer behind Cole, then the 1st game, which I don't like so much is there a way to change this
It's not up yet.

lucius said:

I get the same thing with my lightning hook code. : /

Well the website is reloaded with all the right level data but you can't add to the queue and you can't find stuff in game by searching for the tag it lists on the level. I hope they get this hammered out, today is the day.

TacticalFox88 said:
Just picked up the hero edition. Yep, I'm sooo rocking this bag anytime I'm going somewhere with friends, like a theme park and what not.

Good quality bag? I also pre-ordered the Hero edition, but won't pick it up till after work.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Good quality bag? I also pre-ordered the Hero edition, but won't pick it up till after work.
Yeah it's pretty good in my opinion. Can hold a decent amount of shit. You're not going to be using it to carry textbooks or anything, but general stuff for a fun family vacation? Hell yeah.

lucius said:

will most likely be up with the beta is up.

I'm glad everyone is finally getting this. I feel weird having it totally beaten before it hits stores. I just need to wait a few days for the UGC content to roll in.

So my Amazon release date delivery still says "Shipping Soon" and has a delivery estimate of June 7, 2011. If I don't get my game today this will be the second straight time they've fucked me on release date delivery. I might have to take my business elsewhere, I'm pretty pissed right now.

JohngPR

For those interested, here are some shots of my Hero Edition:

97p27a.jpg

sdjzv8.jpg

vzjxxw.jpg

Love the quality of the statue, the yellow paint on his sling bag buckle? Not so much.

The quality of the sling bag is pretty good. Not AMAZING but doesn't feel cheap at all either. Too bad my 15" Macbook Pro doesn't fit in it (not by a lot, but it's too big to zip up). Seems like the perfect size for an iPad or a smaller laptop though.

My first impression- Cole is too damn fast! For some reason it really bothers me that you can't... walk. The only movement speeds are sprint and Usain Bolt.

The start of the game is really confusing. I think I need to go back and review the story for Infamous 1 because I feel lost.

Rikyfree

Anyone who preordered from gamestop: I have DL'ed the hook power, but are the amp styles and skins included in the DL or in something different. If it's something different, I might go complain to gamestop.

aristotle

Ok I entered a preorder code from GS. All that it unlocked was the lightning hook. Where are the Kessler skin and other "amp" codes?

aristotle said:
Ok I entered a preorder code from GS. All that it unlocked was the lightning hook. Where are the Kessler skin and other "amp" codes?
You mean the reaper skin. I'd like to know this as I have my pre-order code ready to unlock and was hoping (but feared it wasn't) that it'd be part of this one code....

I'm also curious on how to get the skins. Really want the Sly cane.

The only code I got was on the receipt and it was for the lightning hook. Nothing inside the box regarding the skins.

aristotle

MoonsaultSlayer said:
You mean the reaper skin. I'd like to know this as I have my pre-order code ready to unlock and was hoping (but feared it wasn't) that it'd be part of this one code....

It doesn't appear to be. There is nothing on the game case that mentions the codes either. I think we've been duped!

Rikyfree

OK. For all those looking for the reaper/amp skins: I read on the infamous official forum that after zeke gives you the amp you can change it as it seem the data is preloaded on the disc. I need gaf confirmation though as I cannot currently confirm this since I am off somewhere else.

vehn

So the game starts off at medium difficulty but the trophy is for hard difficulty. Are you screwed if you play the first few minutes on medium?

Rikyfree said:
OK. For all those looking for the reaper/amp skins: I read on the infamous official forum that after zeke gives you the amp you can change it as it seem the data is preloaded on the disc. I need gaf confirmation though as I cannot currently confirm this since I am off somewhere else.
Interesting. SCEA choose advertise the skins/weapons as pre-order DLC when it's really in game, on disk, content. Do you have a link to that forum post? Maybe the devs/community manager will follow up with better details.

I picked up my copy today and the Gamestop kid knew nothing about these extras even though they're posted on the website.

desertdroog

Just picked up a copy at Best-Buy. They had Hero Editions on the shelf, up for grabs, so check there for last-minute buyers. This was in Chandler, AZ.

Will the hook shot power be available through normal gameplay?

Hmm the PSN account management website is down. Is it possible to check my codes on the PS3 without redeeming them like on the website? I have a couple DLC codes from the subway contest that I might ebay instead of redeeming.

Edit: Cool got it working.

One is a code for the Original Cole Costume from the first game. Yellow Jumpsuit.

One is for a special power called the Stalker Grenade. It goes to the nearest enemy and detonates.

JohngPR

Reluctant-Hero said:
Interesting. SCEA choose advertise the skins/weapons as pre-order DLC when it's really in game, on disk, content. Do you have a link to that forum post? Maybe the devs/community manager will follow up with better details.

I picked up my copy today and the Gamestop kid knew nothing about these extras even though they're posted on the website.

I just redeemed the super voucher that comes with the Hero Edition and each skin was a 100kb download. Take that for what you will.

Top Bottom