• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

JohngPR

So apparently you DON'T have to beat the game again if you have an old inFamous 1 save from a different console.

I've been playing inFamous 1 trying to beat it with a new save (created when I was inside of my platinum save from my old PS3 Phat) before this game arrived but couldn't do it (got to the Sasha fight). I had platted the game before hand and noticed that the info for my save said 100% completion although I hadn't beat the game yet. Apparently if you create the save within your old save, it keeps track of the progress while creating a save that's tied to the new console.

The game is giving me the choice to start either a good or evil karma game:

2nnbjt.jpg

So for those of you that were in the same predicament as me. Boot up inFamous 1, continue from your last save and start a new game within that save, play a few minutes and create a new save and you should be set.

Hope that explained it well enough.

So no use in opening the game if I was looking for the reaper and amp skins inside? I redeemed the lightning hook and will return the unopened game and instead will open my best buy copy (which also probably wont have the reaper/amp combo). This sucks.

1stStrike

Banned
Finally got my copy! Popped it in and... 107 mb download. I always have a slow ass connection to sony's network so it's going to be like 45 minutes before this is done dling.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm not sure which to pick. I do like the idea of following the hero's path, but the evil route had such a great twist to the story in the first one.

Very tough choice.

thetrin said:
I'm not sure which to pick. I do like the idea of following the hero's path, but the evil route had such a great twist to the story in the first one.

Very tough choice.

What was the evil twist? Pretty sure both games followed the same story regardless of karma choice. The only difference was a little variety in the ending sequence.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DarkChronic said:
What was the evil twist? Pretty sure both games followed the same story regardless of karma choice. The only difference was a little variety in the ending sequence.
No, I meant the twist on the convention of the "only hope" being essentially evil. I liked the way it worked.

If one of those shard-bombs explodes... do I lose that shard forever? Or are they just "bonus" shards that don't count towards the total?

styl3s

Is the pre-order/DLC stuff working? i picked up my hero edition at gamestop like 4 hours ago before going into work at the guy said they have been having trouble with the pre-order/dlc codes, heading home in a few hours and don't want to start till i can put in my hero edition code to get all the pre-order stuff.

thetrin

JohngPR said:
The opening to inFamous 2 was pretty epic. Great way to kick off the game!
LOVED the way it kicked off. Went with my evil save, and really enjoyed how it kicked off. I'm sure it's largely the same, but I still loved it.

ukas

styl3s said:
Is the pre-order/DLC stuff working? i picked up my hero edition at gamestop like 4 hours ago before going into work at the guy said they have been having trouble with the pre-order/dlc codes, heading home in a few hours and don't want to start till i can put in my hero edition code to get all the pre-order stuff.
I was able to do mine a few hours ago. I'm at work so I did it through Media Go.

aristotle

I think the preorder code for any retailer will unlock the skins. Go to your option menu after hitting start and there is a new skin option in there. You can change everything there.

Dynamic3

aristotle said:
I think the preorder code for any retailer will unlock the skins. Go to your option menu after hitting start and there is a new skin option in there. You can change everything there.
Are the Sly Amp and Reaper skins in the box?

ukas

I have a Lightning Hook code available if anyone wants it. Gamestop sent me an extra one for some reason.

Edit: lucius got it.

styl3s

Oh bummer the hero edition doesn't come with the sly cane? i just redeemed my super voucher and it only came with kessler skin, original cole skin, electric grenade, lightning hook, 24k amp and soundtrack..

If anyone has an extra sly cane code ill trade a lightning hook code ( have an extra from my pre-order) and the resisitance 3 beta code i got from KZ3 helgast.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Started my game today, pretty floored by it. I'm already on the mission with the intro of the first mutants, I'm not blowing through it too fast am I?

I tried my first UGC mission (the disco ball one) and after it seemed to lock up to where I couldn't complete it I pulled out of the mission and don't feel particularly compelled to try any more. Are the others decent?

Unfuckingbelievable. Amazon decided not to ship my release date Hero Edition until 9:20am this morning. I contacted customer service earlier in the day to ask why my order still said "shipping soon" when it is supposed to arrive today. They assured me the order was shipped and should arrive on time, they just haven't updated it's status yet. A few minutes ago I got an email saying they just shipped it this morning and it will arrive June 8th. Bullshit.

aristotle

styl3s said:
Oh bummer the hero edition doesn't come with the sly cane? i just redeemed my super voucher and it only came with kessler skin, original cole skin, electric grenade, lightning hook, 24k amp and soundtrack..

If anyone has an extra sly cane code ill trade a lightning hook code ( have an extra from my pre-order) and the resisitance 3 beta code i got from KZ3 helgast.

It is in the game! Go to the pause screen, go to options, check your "skin". It's there. All of them are.

ReBurn

Gold Member
desertdroog said:
Just picked up a copy at Best-Buy. They had Hero Editions on the shelf, up for grabs, so check there for last-minute buyers. This was in Chandler, AZ.

Will the hook shot power be available through normal gameplay?
There were some at my Best Buy, too. Seemed too expensive to me. Got my regular version, though.

DOO13ER said:
Started my game today, pretty floored by it. I'm already on the mission with the intro of the first mutants, I'm not blowing through it too fast am I?

I tried my first UGC mission (the disco ball one) and after it seemed to lock up to where I couldn't complete it I pulled out of the mission and don't feel particularly compelled to try any more. Are the others decent?
I think there are some cool level. In another week or so they will have the website ironed out and lots of stuff will be ranked you you can find something good.,

narwhalSTAB said:
Unfuckingbelievable. Amazon decided not to ship my release date Hero Edition until 9:20am this morning. I contacted customer service earlier in the day to ask why my order still said "shipping soon" when it is supposed to arrive today. They assured me the order was shipped and should arrive on time, they just haven't updated it's status yet. A few minutes ago I got an email saying they just shipped it this morning and it will arrive June 8th. Bullshit.
Yeah, never rely upon or make plans based around Amazon release day delivery. You're life will have less stress.

I got screwed at Reach's release and for Killzone 3. Now I just don't depend upon it and things work out.

Played a bit so far. Great intro. Interface spoiler:
love the way it shows how far away the beast is when you pause and boot up the game

I had forgotten about the subway codes, unlocked something called "Sniper Blast" seems like there is a lot of little DLC things already (pre order skins, pre order weapons, pre order powers, subway powers, subway skins, schick stuff?). Anyone have a list? Will they become available later? (I want the original skin cole thing...) :(

Anyway I'm enjoying the game so far (even the dialogue). First current-gen game I've played much of this year.

Pkaz01

So what really is the best resolution for this game? I know the game itself is 720p so if I set my ps3 to 720p will it look better or just be a hassle? My tv does support 1080p but when I had this same problem with red dead redemption it looked better with the ps3 on 720p. But then again it could have been me just convincing myself that it looked better.

element

I went to the Infamous 2 Launch Event today in Bellevue. Good turn out. They rented a theatre so you could play it on the big screen and about six other stations to play the game. They were giving away a Hero Edition each hour, as well as shirts, statues, and other goodies every 30 minutes.

kuYuri

I'm with Amazon CS right now and this rep is telling me they had "unexpected" delay in getting stock and that I'm getting my game tomorrow.

They are offering me a $5 promo as an apology.

It's the first time for me that Amazon has not delivered RDD on time, but eh, they have been so good with me before, it's hard to be angry, heh. I've got such a backlog as it is.

baekshi

Banned
So the skins are on the disc? Does that mean If I pick it up tomorrow, the skins will be inside there? Well... I'll try to ask the guy at the gamestop to print me a pre-order code :p

Best Buy can fuck off. I didn't get the Kessler skin. On hold with them now. These guys have been huge failures for me. Every BB exclusive is NEVER available at this store.

aristotle

People need to read already.

THE SKINS ARE UNLOCKED IF YOU PRE-ORDERED IT. You enter your pre-order code and they will be unlocked under the options menu. THERE IS NO SEPARATE CODE FOR THEM.

aristotle said:
People need to read already.

THE SKINS ARE UNLOCKED IF YOU PRE-ORDERED IT. You enter your pre-order code and they will be unlocked under the options menu. THERE IS NO SEPARATE CODE FOR THEM.
Got the extra shit, but not KESSLER.

aristotle

Grisby said:
So the DLC is up? I mean, I can use the codes? Was about to start playing in a bit.

Pre-order codes are working. The Schick codes are working. My Subway codes are not working.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Got the extra shit, but not KESSLER.

Sorry that wasn't directed at you ;)

Zabka

Gameplay is awesome so far, but this city seems awfully quiet.

ETA: I am imprisoned by blast shards. Everytime I'm about to start a mission I see another, and another and another.

Pkaz01

Zabka said:
Gameplay is awesome so far, but this city seems awfully quiet.

ETA: I am imprisoned by blast shards. Everytime I'm about to start a mission I see another, and another and another.
Honestly in the same situation. I spent an extra 20 minutes finding blast shards because they kept coming in my way. So hard to put this game down.

and am I the only one who ordered from amazon and hasn't got their code yet? I got the game delivered but no code in the email.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Heh, didn't remember ordering the Hero Edition. Pretty steep price, but it's done. Can use the backpack on trips.

Liking it so far. Like the touch of having the Beasts location on a map, on the pause screen). Looks like Birmingham is going to be in the path of that thing :O

Meh. i wish they didn't zoom in-game because that shit is so ugly :\

I didn't play that much really. gonna wait until the weekend before i do.

Top Bottom