• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

ReBurn

Gold Member
Why is the horizontal control inverted? Wasn't expecting that. Was the first one that way by default? Can't remember.

Dynamic3

aristotle said:
People need to read already.

THE SKINS ARE UNLOCKED IF YOU PRE-ORDERED IT. You enter your pre-order code and they will be unlocked under the options menu. THERE IS NO SEPARATE CODE FOR THEM.

I think your trying to say that if you enter one of the pre-order codes from the 4 retailers (ex. Kessler skin), that the code also includes the retailer agnostic bonuses (ex. Sly amp).

Edit: For the cats who preordered from Best Buy, where is our code supposed to be? In the box/email/receipt/elusive preorder box?

Chuck

Still without luck
If you get the Hero edition, you get a code in the box for all 4 items/skins.

I have the Hero edition.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dynamic3 said:
I think your trying to say that if you enter one of the pre-order codes from the 4 retailers (ex. Kessler skin), that the code also includes the retailer agnostic bonuses (ex. Sly amp).

Thanks i was going to ask about that.

Dynamic3 said:

Edit: For the cats who preordered from Best Buy, where is our code supposed to be? In the box/email/receipt/elusive preorder box?
Best Buy the brick-and-mortar store or Best Buy the online store? I had ordered the Hero Edition online and gotten an e-mail containing the Kessler skin code sometime in the afternoon after I picked it up from the store in the morning. The customer service rep told me that for online, they tend to send the codes out within the 24 hours after pickup or something like that.

Has the game been freezing for anybody else? Lost quite a bit of mission progress on my Evil karma run because of a bad freeze, and this never happened to me until the add-on DLC was downloaded soooooo...

Dynamic3

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Best Buy the brick-and-mortar store or Best Buy the online store? I had ordered the Hero Edition online and gotten an e-mail containing the Kessler skin code sometime in the afternoon after I picked it up from the store in the morning. The customer service rep told me that for online, they tend to send the codes out within the 24 hours after pickup or something like that.

B&M for me sadly.

Dynamic3 said:
B&M for me sadly.
Try calling Best Buy and telling them of your predicament. One would think that the code should be on the receipt, but if you tell them of the situation they should probably be able to work things out, huh?

Dynamic3

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Try calling Best Buy and telling them of your predicament. One would think that the code should be on the receipt, but if you tell them of the situation they should probably be able to work things out, huh?

True, I was just trying to discern what the traditional distribution method is for reference to make sure I didn't overlook it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I got my copy today but my PS3 was being delivered from repair and I missed the delivery since I was at work. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow and start up.

Pkaz01 said:
Me neither amazon is tripping..

and yea my game froze on the first mission.. really the very first one?
It's weird to me because I was playing it all last week with no incident without having any expansion DLC added on. Maybe that changes thing?

Dead said:
Hero edition came with an Infamous 1 Cole skin :D

This wasn't publicized was it?
It's not in the U.S. Hero Edition at all. I think that was for Europe or something.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think my game is glitched. Going for the all powers trophies, one of them is locked but I fulfilled the requiremens (9/5) and it's still locked. I'm fucked, huh?

And why do UGC missions give out EXP unevenly? I kill people but don't get EXP for it. Getting this trophy is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Dead

well not really...yet
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
It's weird to me because I was playing it all last week with no incident without having any expansion DLC added on. Maybe that changes thing?

It's not in the U.S. Hero Edition at all. I think that was for Europe or something.
You sure?

I have the US Hero Edition, I just redeemed the voucher, and one of the items was an Infamous 1 Cole skin

Dead said:
You sure?

I have the US Hero Edition, I just redeemed the voucher, and one of the items was an Infamous 1 Cole skin
I'm pretty sure, this morning I redeemed my voucher and it was the usual suspects listed on the little paper.

Hmm, wonder what the deal is.

Dead

well not really...yet
Yeah, it downloaded and installed:

- Gold Amp
- Lightning Hook
- Grenade
- Original Cole Skin
- Kessler Skin
- Red Soundtrack

Luthos

I played for several hours today. Very awesome stuff. If you liked the first, I don't see how you wouldn't love this one.

Teknoman

The second does a refresher on the first right? Was going to replay 1 after my save messed up from YLOD 60gig (on 120 slim now)...but now i'm just going to dive into InFamous 2.

An-Det

I played up through
when you rescue Kuo and the speedy ice soldiers show up
, only an hour or two into it. It's so fucking good. It's taken a bit to get back into the feel of the controls, but it's great. I really like how you can switch powers on the fly, I wasnt expecting it to be that seamless, very nice. And the bonus for doing 60 side missions, fucking cant wait.

Stupid work and having to go to it tomorrow and there not having infamous 2 there.

Grisby

Wow, just started playing. That opening is crazy. This whole game feels great, way more polished then the original.

Also, I tried one UGO mission and that stuff is pretty neat, :D.

Kaizer

Banned
Holy Shit at the intro for this, gawd damn. Talk about starting off with a bang! I know exclusive retailer pre-order dlc powers are kinda bullshit but I love using the Lightning Hook that came with the GameStop preorder. It works great in conjunction with melee as it pulls enemies right towards you.

1stStrike

Banned
Just finished a several hour play through. I just got
the lightning vortex of doom power

Coming from the first game, I thought Infamous 1 was "good". It wasn't great, but it was fun enough for me to get to the end. Picking this up, I don't really have too much of an excitement factor. So far with just more lightning powers (though they are revamped all around with some new ones thrown in) it feels like much of the same.

I have mixed feelings on it. I like the game, but at the same time there's things I don't like as well. Like someone mentioned already, Nix is fucking horrible. I hate her voice. She's annoying as fuck. I just want to kill her and put her out of her misery.

I'm still not a fan of missions that are timed and force you to ride the power lines in quick succession. The controls are a little clunky in that regard and it's so easy to just fly over one or miss it entirely and end up failing. The first game had the same issue.

The melee combat is vastly improved and the finishers are great eye candy. I'm digging the new enemies as well, as they're quite unique. Lots of fun to get up close and personal and fight them. I'm hoping they add some sort of shield later on to compliment the melee combat as you're a bit vulnerable if you try to melee a group.

At this point I can't wait to get the other powers and try them out. While lightning is cool and all, it's a bit old at this point. I'm ready for something new.

KingK

I played for a little over an hour today (only did like 5 story missions, but kept getting distracted by blast shards, UGC levels, exploring the city, etc.). Super fun and fan-fucking-tastic opening. I was really tempted to buy the Hero edition because they had some just sitting there at Best Buy, lol.

But great game so far. I have work tomorrow, but then get 2 days off in a row, so I should get tons of play time in. :)

Can’t wait to pick this up tomorrow!

brucewaynegretzky said:
Wait What?! Just finished and watching credits... Is that the end!?!?! (Good Ending Btw). AAAHHHH!!!

So, is this good or bad? Are you shocked in a good way or in a bad way? TELL ME BEFORE I GO CRAAAZY!

kuYuri

Whoa, looks like I was wrong! Apparently, the game came in the mail today, despite Amazon never having sent an email saying the game shipped. I didn't notice the game came in the mail today until I checked a few minutes ago, so UPS must have come after 8 PM to drop it off.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Ok, I'm finding there's no way to skip cutscenes, either engine or the "comic book" sequences. :(

Also, don't expect the game to prompt you to switch the difficulty level at the beginning of the game. So if you want the "finish on hard" trophy, make sure and switch the difficulty BEFORE you start
attacking the Beast at the docks

Otherwise it's pretty good so far. Love the destructability. Jaggys are awful though. Have only done one story mission so far. I'm just traveling around and collecting shards (R3 spam again, apparently) and
birds

So glad they ditched the pretty boy Cole. I'm not really a fan of the new voice actor. Having a new voice and that completely different look for the character would have been hard to take. At least I got one of out two to ease the transition from the previous game.

Also, the first game is listed as inFamous in my trophy list. The sequel: inFAMOUS 2. Maybe the third game will be in ALL CAPS. :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Bad_Boy said:
kind of a stupid question to ask for a free roam game, but whats the estimated time to finish the story?
If you just focus on Story mode and ignore everything else you could probably finish it under 10 hours. It felt shorter compared to the first games story, but it was a lot more fun and better paced in my opinion. I felt like a lot of the missions in inFamous just dragged on and repeated objectives way too often, can't say I felt that way about inFamous 2.

Lingitiz

Game is awesome. Hooked on just trying to find good UGC missions in between story missions. Alot of Sucker Punch's UGC stuff is hit and miss.

Top Bottom