• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lingitiz said:
Game is awesome. Hooked on just trying to find good UGC missions in between story missions. Alot of Sucker Punch's UGC stuff is hit and miss.
The Sly "mission" near the cathedral was a letdown.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just need to find the last couple dead drops and I get my platinum. Wish someone would have a map of the locations by now...haha

I found an easy way to grind for EXP if you need it to purchase all your powers. Just do the side mission "Hero" (it's an evil mission at the top right of the map). Just use your ionic powers and kill everyone, which will fail the mission. Reload checkpoint, keep attacking with ionic, you get about 100 EXP for every reload.

sharath_kumar said:
Can this be played with Move???

No, but I believe Sony announced in the conference that there will be Move support for the UGC editor in September or so

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
JWong said:
Can we redeem the Uncharted 3 beta yet?

My code doesn't seem to work.
Beta starts June 28th or something, doesn't it?

desertdroog

This game feels better than the first (I <3 inFAMOUS 1). I've only spent a few hours, mostly searching out shards.

The purple glow they give off really helps in seeking them out. Thanks SuckerPunch!

gembel

I preordered the EU Special Edition, got 3 preorder DLC codes for soundtrack, reaper + weapon skins, and Uncharted 3 beta.. but none of those DLC codes work!!

Are the codes invalid or DLCs for EU version not active yet??

Can I get some help?? I'm worried :(

Hey peeps, are the graphics improved over the first game? I enjoyed it but the jaggies and low-poly look to everything did grate after a while. Just wondering if SP have made a leap forward in this regard?

HooYaH

Monty Mole said:
Hey peeps, are the graphics improved over the first game? I enjoyed it but the jaggies and low-poly look to everything did grate after a while. Just wondering if SP have made a leap forward in this regard?

Download the demo. The game looks a lot better than 1, but there are still jaggies. It's not that noticeable on my screen but that varies from tv to tv settings.

gembel

Anyone who has the EU ver DLCs, can you try if redeeming works or not?? Because I can't redeem any of my preorder bonus codes :(

Erasus

Monty Mole said:

Demo looked much better to me. Still jaggies but the lightning and textures where a lot sharper. Less framerate drops too

BeeDog

My copy just arrived, yay! The European Special Edition (standard in the 1st batch) is sexy as fuck. It included 4 damn PSN codes, heh:

- 50% discount on InFamous 1 (HAHA)
- Uncharted 3 Beta
- Special Edition contents (Electrocution Grenade, InFamous 1 Cole skin, Gold Amp)
- Pre-order bonus (Sniper Blast)

Has anyone tried redeeming these yet? Any known problems?

Forsete

BeeDog said:
My copy just arrived, yay! The European Special Edition (standard in the 1st batch) is sexy as fuck. It included 4 damn PSN codes, heh:

- Uncharted 3 Beta
- Special Edition contents (Electrocution Grenade, InFamous 1 Cole skin, Gold Amp)

Mine just arrived in the mail. <3

The cover sleeve is fantastic.

I'll try to redeem the codes now.

BeeDog

I just redeemed the codes, and got:

Special Edition Content
Sly Cane
Reaper Skin
Samurai Sword
Caveman Club
Sniper Blast

Forsete

Uncharted 3 Beta code does not work yet(?)..

It says "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid.
Please check your entries."

BeeDog said:

- Uncharted 3 Beta

Sounds good! Even though the Hero Edition is more expensive, the Special Edition is cheaper and I think it actually looks better. Dat cover!

EDIT: Just found a YouTube un-boxing video of the Special Edition. Holly balls it looks hot! So glad I went for the Special Edition! <3

gembel

BeeDog said:
I just redeemed the codes, and got:

Special Edition Content
Sly Cane
Reaper Skin
Samurai Sword
Caveman Club
Sniper Blast

how come i cant redeem my codes?? ><

i got 3 external DLC preorder bonus for my special edition, Soundtrack, Reaper skin + weapons skins, but when i try to redeem them it says code invalid or expired...

U2NUMB

Only logged about an hour last night (just could not stay awake) but so far I enjoy it much more than the first. I plan on finishing this one :)

Killthee

gembel said:
how come i cant redeem my codes?? ><

i got 3 external DLC preorder bonus for my special edition, Soundtrack, Reaper skin + weapons skins, but when i try to redeem them it says code invalid or expired...
That's the error code for a locked code, you'll have to wait till they update the code database and unlock it. It should be working before the end of the day if the game officially comes out today in your region.

gembel

Killthee said:
That's the error code for a locked code, you'll have to wait till they update the code database and unlock it. It should be working before the end of the day if the game officially comes out in your region today.

mine is the Aus version, but don't Aus share the same PS Store as Europe??

so shouldn't the Aus codes be working too?

Killthee

gembel said:
mine is the Aus version, but don't Aus share the same PS Store as Europe??

so shouldn't the Aus codes be working too?
Yeah, that is a bit weird. Might want to double check your code and make sure you're typing it right If you're sure it's correct then it sounds like it hasn't been unlocked yet and I guess you'll have to wait for it.

enewtabie

How does the Trophy import work? I don't see a listing for it,but I see it in the manual.
Great game so far. I really liked the beginning of it.

gembel

Killthee said:
Yeah, that is a bit weird. Might want to double check your code and make sure you're typing it right If you're sure it's correct then it sounds like it hasn't been unlocked yet and I guess you'll have to wait for it.

ill try again tomorrow, my game is still on the way too, was only sent today.

bought it here: http://www.mightyape.com.au/product/PS3/inFAMOUS-2-Special-Edition/10345838/ , already emailed the shop too regarding the codes not working.. hopefully i'm able to redeem all the codes in the end :(

Darkatomz

Played the game for a few hours, and it's feeling pretty good so far! Of course, most of the time I was just searching for blast shards, but oh well. I've forgotten how often you actually need to absorb electricity. Too much time with the beta/demo I guess.

For anyone who's already finished the game, can someone tell me (I1 spoilers)
if they ever explain what happened to John? He was a conduit, but IIRC the ray sphere made him disappear instead of giving him powers. And he isn't the Beast,
since in the comic,
the Beast was a human named David that was created by Kessler by being exposed to the ray sphere multiple times.

Please don't straight up answer the question, a simple Yes or No will suffice. I want to figure it out myself if they ever do explain it, as it's just been bugging me..

Darkatomz said:
Played the game for a few hours, and it's feeling pretty good so far! Of course, most of the time I was just searching for blast shards, but oh well. I've forgotten how often you actually need to absorb electricity. Too much time with the beta/demo I guess.

For anyone who's already finished the game, can someone tell me (I1 spoilers)
if they ever explain what happened to John? He was a conduit, but IIRC the ray sphere made him disappear instead of giving him powers. And he isn't the Beast,
since in the comic,
the Beast was a human named David that was created by Kessler by being exposed to the ray sphere multiple times.

Please don't straight up answer the question, a simple Yes or No will suffice. I want to figure it out myself if they ever do explain it, as it's just been bugging me..

They explain it... kinda.

Nakimushi

Banned
game feel amazing/ played few hr yest and Its so much fun to just run around the city and play with cole powers !
graphic is huge imrovement from first title
story looks interesting too so far
cant wait to play more

Paznos

I just loaded up the game and it didn't say anything about loading my infamous 1 save(that was played on my Phat 60GB)so I loaded up infamous 1 and loaded a save and I just got 3 trophies to unlock even though I already platinum'd the game .... and it's showing my inFamous trophy status as 9% it was 100% before...

Signed into PSN and the trophies resynced showing 100%, that was weird and never had that happen before.

BeeDog

Been playing for two-three hours now, good shit. The UGC stuff is nicely integrated into the game, and will add much-needed longevity.

Curiously enough, when I started the game I didn't get any I1 import option at all, despite me having all the necessary saves on the HDD (and platinuming the game).

Wario64 said:
I just need to find the last couple dead drops and I get my platinum. Wish someone would have a map of the locations by now...haha

Theirs a hidden dead drop back in the bayou where you started

Dragon

Banned
ReBurn said:
Man, I only have one trophy so far. I guess I'm just not dedicated enough.

We all have different playing styles. Wario doesn't do anything that won't generate him a trophy. His wife is not amused...

Grinchy

Banned
Wario64 said:
Aannnddd Platinumd
DAMN! You are a machine!

Infamous 1 is one of my few platinums. I loved that fucking game so much. If I didn't have so much to play right now, I'd have a copy of 2 already platinumed too perhaps.

Facism

right, when i ordered infamous 2 from game, the product was described as "infamous 2 inFamous 2 (with Uncharted 3 BETA access).

I've just checked my email and the dispatch mail just shows it as infamous 2 :/ No mention of beta access at all :/

Should arrive tomorrow and if there's no beta code with it ima gonna be unhappy :O

M.D

inFamous 2 to launch on PS Store this Friday

Sony’s confirmed that it’s to launch a digital version of inFamous 2 in the UK, Ireland and Germany this Friday, with mainland Europe getting it today. The Sucker Punch open-world superhero game, to our memory, is only the second massive Blu-ray title to get a PSN release day-and-date together. Mass Effect 2 was the first third-party game to do it back in January when the PS3 version of the BioWare RPG launched.

Link

Interesting.. Is this the start of a new trend? I don't see why they would do it just for Infamous 2

I would get it on PSN if it cheaper, but it probably won't be :\

Top Bottom