• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

upJTboogie said:
Why do we still have un skip-able cutscenes in this day...

I mean all we need is a Start>Skip cutscene in our games. And this game is especially weird because you could skip cutscenes in the demo, but not the main game.
What? You can skip cutscenes, just not the ones with a karma choice at the end of them. Well, I remember skipping a couple, not all of them, and here or there I found a cutscene that didn't have a skip option in the Start menu for some reason.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
What? You can skip cutscenes, just not the ones with a karma choice at the end of them. Well, I remember skipping a couple, not all of them, and here or there I found a cutscene that didn't have a skip option in the Start menu for some reason.
I just tried to skip the cutscene after I
saved the girl chained in the swamp
because I already played that part in the demo but no option to.

This game is pretty selective with the cutscenes you can and can't skip.

Are bolt abilities meant to drain your energy reserves? I thought they didn't but now I'm a level 3 good guy and the ability I've unlocked is meant to restore energy it seems to be having the opposite effect and regular bolt attacks are draining energy instead. Is this just a bug?

Facism

Lince said:
yes my friend, hope you're enjoying the game, h5!

h5 :D

I'm enjoying it, not as much as i enjoyed the first one, but i'm not that far into it, just restoring power for the first time.

Also, you have a lovely GF now? No more F&F for a while :p

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Die Squirrel Die said:
Are bolt abilities meant to drain your energy reserves? I thought they didn't but now I'm a level 3 good guy and the ability I've unlocked is meant to restore energy it seems to be having the opposite effect and regular bolt attacks are draining energy instead. Is this just a bug?
I think it's only when targeting humanoids and you actually have to connect with the bolt. Anything that misses will drain your electricity.

Played for like 6 or 7 hours this morning all good side. I love it. It's a lot of more of the same but it's a lot of fun. Can't wait to play on the bad side though.

Grisby

Screw that chopper vs
monster
mission. Hit by rockets, tag teamed, and then one of the enemies glitches and has infinite health.

Cole still feels like a damn paper doll. Game is rocking though.

KingK

This game is just so much fun. Throwing cars is one of my favorite new powers. Something about it is just so satisfying.

The Broken Ska Record said:
I'm really not a fan of the "follow the monster" missions. They leap from building to building, and I can't keep up on the rooftops.
Grind on wires and don't jump off at the end. Keep going until it basically throws you off and use that momentum to keep going with the R1 floating move. You can usually make it to the next wire if you aim right without ever touching the ground.

did they get rid of the horizontal rails on walls, btw? I was just remembering gameplay from last year and there were horizontal rails on walls Hair'd Cole would travel on. I don't know if I missed them the entire game.

Got this today, only played a little bit, but from what I've experienced, I'm liking it a lot so far. It feels a lot like the first, just with more things you'd expect from a sequel.

Couple things I don't particularly like, the first being the lack of ambient sound. I think the phrase "silence is deafening" applies a lot to this game, since most of city sound is pretty much muted until you wreck havok yourself or go near cars etc. It's incredibly bizarre. :/

And the other would be, Cole. I remember in the first, he was kinda cool, had his douchey moments, but all in all he was a character you could relate to, and like. In this he doesn't seem to have matured at all. He's still kinda like a kid. I would've thought that the events of the first would have made him a little bit more wiser, but hey, I'm still pretty early on and maybe later he'll shape up. At least, that's kinda what I hope.

Other than those two niggles, the game is stellar!

Irish

Linkzg said:
did they get rid of the horizontal rails on walls, btw? I was just remembering gameplay from last year and there were horizontal rails on walls Hair'd Cole would travel on. I don't know if I missed them the entire game.

I think they ended up removing them. At first, I was somewhat disappointed, but when I got to thinking about it, I realized they didn't seem to serve much of a purpose. I mean, I don't think I've ever had a reason to shoot myself sideways across a building. The powerlines seem to be much more useful as they actually link buildings together.

The Lamp

Guys I pre-ordered from Amazon, got my copy, but it doesn't have the pre-order goodies inside the box. Am I supposed to get the codes in an email? Because I didn't get that either...

Grisby said:
Screw that chopper vs
monster
mission. Hit by rockets, tag teamed, and then one of the enemies glitches and has infinite health.

Cole still feels like a damn paper doll. Game is rocking though.

Yeah I'm not really feeling Cole's excessive stun animation when he gets hit. It is way too easy to get caught in a damage loop of hit -> stun -> hit -> stun.

Also the melee is a little off. I can see what they are going for but a couple of things, either Cole doesn't close the gap enough on his opening hit or there's some weird lag in hit detection priorities 'cause often times the Amp will completely whiff through an enemy already in their attack animation.

And whoever at Sucker Punch thought of pulling the camera in closer during melee combat is a fucking idiot. You need it pulled back so you can see what's surrounding you.

An-Det

Just finished the Good ending. Goddamn, that was awesome. Now to do more side missions and upgrades before I do my Evil Hard playthrough. Fucking great game; I think my favorite story mission was 'Demons'.

george_us

Sidzed2 said:
I'll have to play some more tonight to see if you're right, but my perception is that the battles are frustrating and contrary to the power-fantasy the game is clearly trying to set up. I feel less like a superhuman and more like a skinny little bloke somersaulting around, hiding behind cars and taking potshots at enemies on rooftops. I just don't find it to be all that much fun at the moment.
Ah dammit, that was my number one complaint with the first game. I still have $24 in store credit so maybe I'll give it a shot.

loving this game, beautiful colorful world (my issue with original), nice variety of enemies vs first, like melee and finishers for variety. lots more variety of background life too, loved the mime type performers

should be 90+ metacritic IMO enjoying regardless

Bah, I just finished with the good ending.
Really Sucker Punch? Let's kill everyone off EXCEPT Zeke? I can't believe they just...killed Cole like that. I guess there's no chance of them doing a sequel now. I guess it makes sense, they probably want this series to have no loose ends so they don't have back to it if they're going multiplatform with their new IP.

I kind of don't want to even replay it for the evil ending now. : /

baekshi

Banned
The Lamp said:
Guys I pre-ordered from Amazon, got my copy, but it doesn't have the pre-order goodies inside the box. Am I supposed to get the codes in an email? Because I didn't get that either...
Just hit them up on the email or chat, they'll give it to you in a lighting speed.

RedSwirl

Dr Eggman said:
footer_bfzo.jpg

Is it really wrong if I preferred this Cole over the one we got in the final game? I'm fine with the rest of the game which I'll probably be renting next week, but I really hate how Cole looks from the neck up in inFAMOUS 2.

I know it's the same as old Cole, but something about his face looks kinda obnoxious now. It makes him look as if they took a bald space marine design and dropped him into urban gear. I actually think he looked a lot less generic when he had hair.

Shearie

So far, this game is the best single player game I've played this year since it's basically the first game but refined in every single way possible. Hell, I even like the new voice actor for Cole since he's more light-hearted but can still do a good Christian Bale Batman voice. Even Zeke can be funny sometimes; I genuinely laughed at his three B's joke at the beginning of the game.

Lingitiz

patsu said:
I just played for an hour.

How's the user generated content part ? Anything to look out for ?
Nothing really fantastic yet but there are some fun little mini games. I'll give it a week maybe before people start to get really in depth and crazy with it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ninj4junpei said:
Ugh, Flood City is not a very fun area.

I just got there. On an evil playthrough I'll probably hate it, but for now
using the ice jump to get around feels awesome.

So the ice jump is actually useful? I tried it to see what it did, but I never really used it... I stuck with the lightning tether to get around.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Shit...I'm at the final decision.

I played Infamous 1 with bad karma and done the same right up until this point but this is the first choice I've been presented with in the series that has actually disarmed me from my mindless hedonistic rampage and got me thinking.

Nixx is the blue karma voice of reason and Kuo is the cold logical dissenter? What the fuck?

Crewnh said:
Bah, I just finished with the good ending.
Really Sucker Punch? Let's kill everyone off EXCEPT Zeke? I can't believe they just...killed Cole like that. I guess there's no chance of them doing a sequel now. I guess it makes sense, they probably want this series to have no loose ends so they don't have back to it if they're going multiplatform with their new IP.

I kind of don't want to even replay it for the evil ending now. : /
Missed the lightning strike at the end, did ya? ;)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
revolverjgw said:
So the ice jump is actually useful? I tried it to see what it did, but I never really used it... I stuck with the lightning tether to get around.

Yeah, it helps remedy the issue I've always had with the climbing in infamous never being nearly as fast as the gliding/sliding on rail stuff. You can basically super jump up to ledges and use the thrusters to clear pretty much any jump.

When do you get the tether?

Someone else put spoil tags on this above...I don't know what but I will too...when do you get
ice or fire powers
? Still on the first island.

Oni Jazar

RedSwirl said:
I know it's the same as old Cole, but something about his face looks kinda obnoxious now. It makes him look as if they took a bald space marine design and dropped him into urban gear. I actually think he looked a lot less generic when he had hair.

I think that hair Cole looks like Nathan Drake's slower brother.

george_us

30 minutes into the game and I already feel more powerful than a maxed out Cole in inFamous 1. Thank God grinding and hovering are standard abilities now. Game looks fucking amazing for an open world game too.

KingK

Just turned on the power in Flood Town (on my good playthrough). Man, that Ice Jump is so fucking useful and fun to use getting around. Also, those ice dudes are awesome and tons of fun to fight. I feel like such a badass ice jumping/hovering around the city.

I also cleared all of the side missions in the first Island before moving on.

Truthfully, that old-new Cole would have bit better with the changed personality.

I was pretty disappointed by all the story and character choices in this game. The first game certainly wasn't good, but it was fun and evoked many comic cliches and Cole was this gruff dude. Infamous 2 has characters like Nix. Nix, man. Nix. I didn't care for any of it, really. The mechanics were still fantastic and what's why I liked it so much, but aspects like that were a bit disappointing compared to Infamous 1.

To clarify, Infamous 2 is a better game than Infamous 1 on the whole. Just as a sequel, it was a bit disappointing. Both are tied as my favorite PS3 game. But Infamous 2 kinda went in the opposite direction I wanted Infamous 2 to go. I was hoping for them to embrace the comic vibe more, get away from realism and use a nice ZoE2 style cel shading. Keep the story cliche with super villains and Cole getting more powerful.

And a weird comparison: Infamous 2 feels more like a re-do of Infamous 1 in the same way Mario Galaxy 2 feels like a re-do of Mario Galaxy 1. Again, like these games are my favorite on the systems, but it's a bit hard to parse which ones I liked more.

george_us

Cole: So he's not uh, your significantly older boyfriend?

Kuo: I think the terms you're looking for is "father figure".

Cole: Hey it's cool, I'm not gonna judge you.

Hahahaha

vehn

Is it possible to get to the highest tower in game while evil? It seems I need the ice jump to be able to make it

Top Bottom