• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
So is this averted in the sequel?

548711074_46B7a-L-2.jpg

I think it is... I heard there's even a joke trophy associated with it?

LeCapitan

Neo Member
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
So is this averted in the sequel?

chainlinkfence.jpg

I love how the enemies started putting these up as defenses in the later bits of the game.

I was very underwhelmed by inFamous. Lots of repetitive missions (really you're making me turn on another substation?) and mediocre attempts to be other games (you really want me to climb this building for no other reason than to climb it?).

I'm not really sure why this game was so big. It smells of bad spider man games.

My Subway copy just arrived. I can't play it until tonight but who cares. Really been looking forward to this. Everything in the beta tell me this game is going to be badass front to back

BeeDog

Just wanted to drop in and say "fuck you, Wario". Well, fuck you Wario. There, I said it. Now give us impressions!

Wario64 said:
XMB screen. The XMB music sounds like some epic shit is gonna go down

kCa7i.jpg
Awesome. Can't wait for next week.

Also, Wario, where'd you'd get your Mirror's Edge XMB theme? Is it official? Dynamic? Produced by m0dus?

Dyno

LeCapitan said:
I'm not really sure why this game was so big. It smells of bad spider man games.

What I loved most about Infamous was when you've gained most of your travel powers and you could blaze across the city in style! Power lines up to a big jump that you can then hover glide over to the subway tracks and off you go again! It was truly liberating, it looked good, and it was smooth!

Also the graphical detail in that city put other open games to shame! Every brick, every window, every little detail looked so good. You add some missions in there, some skirmishes, some boss fights and you had a good time. There's not a lot of games like Infamous.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Reluctant-Hero said:
Awesome. Can't wait for next week.

Also, Wario, where'd you'd get your Mirror's Edge XMB theme? Is it official? Dynamic? Produced by m0dus?

I think I got it from the PSN store long ago, before dynamic themes existed

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RyanardoDaVinci said:
You missed a golden opportunity, joe. It should have been:

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Electric Boogaloo.
I thought about it. I was going to go for Electric Colearella.

NateDrake

And that image will appear on Kotaku or some other site in t-minus 10...9.....

Seriously, the game looks lovely. Amazed at what Sucker Punch was able to do with the game. I loved the first game and this just looks so much better. Perfect summer title.

Bebpo

Banned
Are there any discounted deals on this? I'm kind of surprised Amazon is selling it for the full $59.99 with no credit. Are stores figuring the pre-order bonus stuff replaces the need to discount the price on release?

I haven't paid $60 for a game in years thanks to day 1 discounts, so I really don't want to spend that much on a game. But I loved Infamous and really want to play #2 :(

iNvid02

Bebpo said:
Are there any discounted deals on this? I'm kind of surprised Amazon is selling it for the full $59.99 with no credit. Are stores figuring the pre-order bonus stuff replaces the need to discount the price on release?

I haven't paid $60 for a game in years thanks to day 1 discounts, so I really don't want to spend that much on a game. But I loved Infamous and really want to play #2 :(

you could wait 3-5 days and look for used copies, its pretty much guaranteed someone will have zipped through the story and want to sell it on. happens in the UK all the time, they usually price it a lot cheaper than RRP - i can get la noire for £26 now, it launched at £40 a week ago

Bebpo

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
you could wait 3-5 days and look for used copies, its pretty much guaranteed someone will have zipped through the story and want to sell it on. happens in the UK all the time, they usually price it a lot cheaper than RRP - i can get la noire for £26 now, it launched at £40 a week ago

I don't buy used copies because I want to support the devs. I'm just kind of surprised no store is selling it for even $5-10 below since they do that for every other game.

iNvid02

Bebpo said:
I don't buy used copies because I want to support the devs. I'm just kind of surprised no store is selling it for even $5-10 below since they do that for every other game.

in that case just shell out the rrp or sell the dlc code, they usually fetch a bit on ebay

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Blast shards don't get marked on your map. Have fun finding them all again. Fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

They still appear on your radar of course with the L3 click...but no marks on your maps in the select screen

Rengoku

Wario64 said:
Blast shards don't get marked on your map. Have fun finding them all again. Fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

So, umm, how's the PQ? Any sighs of MLAA or other kind of AA?

Feep

Banned
Wario64 said:

They still appear on your radar of course with the L3 click...but no marks on your maps in the select screen
The final auxiliary ability gained for completing all side-missions (60/60) will mark the Blast Shards on your map.

Autofokus

RyanardoDaVinci said:
You missed a golden opportunity, joe. It should have been:

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Kuwabara kuwabara

fixed.
I don't know why, every time I played Infamous, I thought of Volgin.

Einbroch

Banned
I don't pick up any shards during the game. Then, after it's all over, I look at an interactive map online.

GOTTA GET ME DEM TROFEES.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rengoku said:

Probably the wrong person to ask about that, lol.

Framerate is 30 FPS though some parts in the beginning looked like it jumped to 60 FPS

UGC isn't working btw, it says patch is required but there is no patch!

AEREC

Rengoku said:

I saw a demo station at Best Buy over the weekend and it had inFAMOUS 2 on it. The game looked jaggy as hell, but then again I was less than 2 feet away from the screen so hopefully from a normal playing distance they wont be as noticeable.

rdrr gnr

Wario64 said:
Probably the wrong person to ask about that, lol.

Framerate is 30 FPS though some parts in the beginning looked like it jumped to 60 FPS

UGC isn't working btw, it says patch is required but there is no patch!
Well. In general, how bad would you say the jaggies are?

MMaRsu

AEREC said:
I saw a demo station at Best Buy over the weekend and it had inFAMOUS 2 on it. The game looked jaggy as hell, but then again I was less than 2 feet away from the screen so hopefully from a normal playing distance they wont be as noticeable.

RoiC4.jpg

Does that look jaggy as hell to you?

The Lamp

Played it at Best Buy and my first thought was "Wow, that looks SO smooth and un-jaggy."

Wario64 said:
Total YMMV, it's in the clearance section

I've been spending months trying to find out the meaning of this acronym out of pure context because I couldn't be bothered to ask. But now I am so bothered I must ask.

WTF does YMMV mean?

You Might Meet Victor?
Your Mother May Vomit?
You Make Me Vodka?
Your Moves Make Vibrations?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The Lamp said:
I've been spending months trying to find out the meaning of this acronym out of pure context because I couldn't be bothered to ask. But now I am so bothered I must ask.

WTF does YMMV mean?

You Might Meet Victor?
Your Mother May Vomit?
You Make Me Vodka?
Your Moves Make Vibrations?
Your mileage may vary.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There's some jaggies but I don't think my video setup is the best, I could see jaggies in God of War 3 when I played it on my monitor...like I said, not the best person to ask :p

Only a hour in so far, feels like more of the same. Probably picks up a bit later but still fun

Top Bottom