• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

RyanardoDaVinci said:
If you try to do any traversal while fighting a Devourer or Ice Giant you will get hit, it is unavoidable.

Their stupid, cheap, ice-balls and green goo can follow you anywhere and you will get hit by at least one. In both of my playthroughs I tried every action to not get hit with those and it does not work. Running straight or zig-zag: hit. Climbing: hit. Rolling: hit. Jumping/Ice Launching: hit. Any combination: hit.

The giant enemies are the cheapest and most unfun to fight and always devolved into the same thing: Get to a vantage point with a recharging energy source where the ice-balls/green goo can't hit you and spam as many grenades/missiles as possible between their attacks.

Terribly designed enemies.
While I really did like inFamous 2, I feel like this is a very legitimate complaint.

The monster spit/ice balls are just too fucking accurate. Fighting one of the final bosses on hard was an exercise in frustration because it is impossible to both avoid the attack and shoot the weak point opening up at the same time.

Lince

Banned
RyanardoDaVinci said:
If you try to do any traversal while fighting a Devourer or Ice Giant you will get hit, it is unavoidable.

l launch their projectiles back at them with 99% success using only the alpha blast, also I climb to some random place where they can't see me, unleash some havoc and run to get cover again, I repeat: alpha blast works, even on hard.

Terribly designed enemies.

I don't know man, since I have an entire city for me to deal with them I usually lure them to some traps, like near some inflammable tank, a group of cars I can stick a grenade to after luring them to spawn/getting there... what I never do is just stand in front of them waiting for their attacks then roll and strike back, I prefer to keep them busy and guessing.

I don't know sometimes I think I've been paid by Sucker Punch to defend the game or I am lucky to be playing it as a sandbox game and not a corridor shooter, we have a giant area full of stuff to help with these 'troubles and frustrations', don't forget that. Enemies will always follow you wherever you go, use that to your advantage.

Tesla missiles

well the sewers were quite good as both tutorial/platforming levels, but this is Infamous 2 and you're already a super hero/villain... personally I had a lot of fun trying to take out as many enemies as possible while directing the missiles to the transformers. I agree you're instantly overwhelmed the moment you reach the last transformer, but you have an unlimited source of power/health too so just throw everything you got and enjoy.

ShockingAlberto said:
Fighting one of the final bosses on hard was an exercise in frustration because it is impossible to both avoid the attack and shoot the weak point opening up at the same time.

Alpha blast, roll, alpha blast -> redirect missile / precision blast -> hide / run / climb / repeat... their projectiles are very accurate but you have the ability to prevent them from hitting you and a small window to attack the weak points.

Jarmel

Banned
Lince said:
l launch their projectiles back at them with 99% success using only the alpha blast, also I climb to some random place where they don't see, break some havoc and run to get cover again, I repeat: alpha blast works, even on hard.

I don't know man, since I have an entire city for me to deal with them I usually lure them to some traps, like near some inflammable tank, a group of cars I can stick a grenade to after luring them to spawn/getting there... what I never do is just stand in front of them waiting for their attacks then roll and strike back, I prefer to keep them busy and guessing.

What pissed me off is water didn't work. Before you get the rockets, I was left sticking grenades to the Crushers. Alpha Blast was nowhere near consistent for me to deflect back to them. It did work fine as a shield.

Lince

Banned
Jarmel said:
What pissed me off is water didn't work. Before you get the rockets, I was left sticking grenades to the Crushers. Alpha Blast was nowhere near consistent for me to deflect back to them. It did work fine as a shield.

I believe once their projectiles get close enough to you they become unavoidable, that's why you need to anticipate the 'spitting' of such projectiles in order to spam alpha bast accordingly, it works nicely for me and gives me this small window to strike with everything I got.

For me basically the entire third island (yes it's part of the second island, shut up) has been all about enjoying the platforming there while pretty much just saturating enemies with that homing sticky rocket and the cluster grenades. Finishes bosses off pretty damn fast, and the sticky rockets are basically designed to counter the mobility of the ice soldiers. I've barely used any other powers since getting those two.

BeeDog

Just unlocked the final rocket tier on my Hard Evil run. Damn, these rockets are beastly and shred through any enemies, especially the Titans.

edgefusion

BeeDog said:
Just unlocked the final rocket tier on my Hard Evil run. Damn, these rockets are beastly and shred through any enemies, especially the Titans.

I was shocked how powerful those things are. They just decimate everything you aim them at. Thankful to have a power that takes out the Titans much faster, those things are a pain in the ass.

eznark

Banned
Anyone know where the side mission for the lower right are is? Pretty sure it's the last one I need on this island and I don't want to have to keep coming back across. I've killed every militia multiple itmes and nothing.

Lince

Banned
BeeDog said:

true, they're way overpowered... I think they should cost more XP or at least force you to perform some crazy combos to unlock them.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You don't understand my comment. Taking AWAY thrusters nerfs traversals after you have it in the beginning.

Lince

Banned
Y2Kev said:
You don't understand my comment. Taking AWAY thrusters nerfs traversals after you have it in the beginning.

ah ok, don't worry you'll get your advanced thrusters back very early in the game.

Carbonox

Finished the game with the good ending a few days ago. Absolutely enjoyed this game and I prefer it quite a lot more over the first title. I feel there's a bit more diversity and entertainment in the side missions especially.

Going to return to FIFA 11 before continuing my hard mode run. Once I finish that, I'll have the Plat. :)

Started an evil run to finish that trophy and the beat the game on hard trophy, but I forgot to immediately switch it to hard. The game auto adjusted me to it after the initial blast core, am I good or should I restart?

Oni Jazar

BrainZEROX said:
User created content generates so much garbage... :/
It seemed like a good idea at the beginning but people are not game designers and I feel overwelmed with missions created for the single purpose of getting the attached trophy... Unbalanced shit, unexplained sequences, failed triggers and many bugs (even in Sucker Punch's ugc). Really off putting...

Maybe it's too soon?

Put this in your queue:

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_U...issionId=a2ecfe81-b88a-43b0-8e47-cc67a1c9caa0

We need to keep track of the good UGC levels because they *are* out there.

BeeDog said:
Interesting. The final tier of rockets on Good isn't nearly as good as the sticky rockets.

roxya

eznark said:
Anyone know where the side mission for the lower right are is? Pretty sure it's the last one I need on this island and I don't want to have to keep coming back across. I've killed every militia multiple itmes and nothing.

Make sure you proper kill them. If they're rolling around on the floor, they won't show the side mission marker. Kick 'em while they're down.

edgefusion said:
Can you hear dead drops squawking before you see them on the mini-map or am I getting them confused for ambient sound?

I have 4 left and it's driving me fucking crazy

Also, I only have one more power to unlock on good karma but am shy about 2,000 exp. without anything left to do in the game aside from the dead drops. Will I need to do the UGC missions in order to get the rest of the exp or is there a better way?

Lince

Banned
brandonh83 said:

Also, I only have one more power to unlock on good karma but am shy about 2,000 exp. without anything left to do in the game aside from the dead drops. Will I need to do the UGC missions in order to get the rest of the exp or is there a better way?

best way to unlock everything ASAP is playing hero on normal, even if you don't combo enough to get tons of XP from the combats you still get decent rewards. You have to play the game twice anyway to get the Platinum trophy.

brandonh83 said:

If you are going for all trophies, you have to play 25 UGC missions anyway, should be just about enough to give you the 2000exp.

Lince said:
best way to unlock everything ASAP is playing hero on normal, even if you don't combo enough to get tons of XP from the combats you still get decent rewards. You have to play the game twice anyway to get the Platinum trophy.

Just read somewhere that when you beat the game for the second time you get 15,000 exp. and the option to unlock every power regardless of karma... might just do that. I was playing on easy because I get frustrated easily by the enemies in these games.

Tryckser said:
If you are going for all trophies, you have to play 25 UGC missions anyway, should be just about enough to give you the 2000exp.

I think I've played somewhere around 20 of those, so I may do the rest and see how far I am still.

edgefusion

Lince said:

How on Earth is it possible to get enough xp for
all the powers? I barely have enough to max out all the Evil/Good powers, let alone all of them.

Lince

Banned
edgefusion said:
How on Earth is it possible to get enough xp for
all the powers? I barely have enough to max out all the Evil/Good powers, let alone all of them.

I meant every power available according to your Karma and decisions made in the game... as you know a lot of powers will remain locked as a result... I remember unlocking everything way before finishing the game on Normal and I'm almost there on my hard run and still haven't cleared the second island, but I combo a lot and get a ton of XP during combat. I don't start shooting as soon as I spot a group of enemies, I climb somewhere and think the best way to get the best/longest combo possible with the powers I got at that moment.

Sometimes it backfires (and I learn the lesson / rethink for the next encounter) and sometimes it works beautifully and I feel extremely satisfied and rewarded, that's why I love this game so much, it lets me play it as I want.

brandonh83 said:
Just read somewhere that when you beat the game for the second time you get 15,000 exp. and the option to unlock every power regardless of karma...

really? I didn't know about that, I'm just finishing my 2nd playthrough... if that's true about the powers and Karma I wish an area would open with random, infinite spawning enemies to play around with all your powers... DLC?

aristotle

brandonh83 said:
Just read somewhere that when you beat the game for the second time you get 15,000 exp. and the option to unlock every power regardless of karma... might just do that. I was playing on easy because I get frustrated easily by the enemies in these games.

I think I've played somewhere around 20 of those, so I may do the rest and see how far I am still.

People keep missing my post 2 pages back, but there is an infinite XP glitch as well. It's not hard to unlock everything, especially when you beat it a second time and get the 15k.

Glitch details

JEKKI

whoo~!! I beat it!!

good ending, all powers, all blast shards, all bird drops, all territory!!

I'll give it a second play thru in between the time of finishing Shadow of the Damn & waiting for Catherine.

overall fun game, but pretty much the same thing as the first with some stuff added & some stuff taken away.

also I enjoy how they reference a bunch of things in this game!!

here's a list of other games/things I found this game referencing:

The Conduit - they talk a lot about this game.
Transformers - they mention them a lot as well
Dead Space - Necromorphs, duh.
Epic Meal Time - guest appearance from Muscles Glasses
Dave Chapelle Show - one of the harmonica players is playing his theme song... rated M for betta not bring yo kids!!!

I bet I'm missing some... maybe I'll notice them on play # 2.

- J - D -

Is it impossible to get 100% completion in one play through? I finished my hero play through yesterday, did every side-mission, unlocked all the powers possible, collected every blast shard and got all but 1 dead drop...and I'm still at 89%. And I thought "well, 89% is a weird number to finish on", but I don't know what else I could have gotten. I doubt that 1 dead drop equates to an 11% chunk.

I'm wondering if it's the evil missions that got erased when I chose the good missions.

2nd island now
- Shit is going down!
- Just nuked the beast but he's still about.
- Lots of ice combat going on all over the place
- Recently restored power to the huge factory area with the "ice tower". (I actually got a trophy for climbing the top as part of the 3 tallest buildings in the game)

Cool as fuck.

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Is it impossible to get 100% completion in one play through? I finished my hero play through yesterday, did every side-mission, unlocked all the powers possible, collected every blast shard and got all but 1 dead drop...and I'm still at 89%. And I thought "well, 89% is a weird number to finish on", but I don't know what else I could have gotten. I doubt that 1 dead drop equates to an 11% chunk.

I'm wondering if it's the evil missions that got erased when I chose the good missions.

From memory of the first game, when you play again on Evil, the percentage keeps going from 89%. The game is basically the same bar a decision here and there, the missions are the same except the red circular side missions. I think that's how it works anyway.. It's been a long time!

- J - D -

KennyLinder said:
From memory of the first game, when you play again on Evil, the percentage keeps going from 89%. The game is basically the same bar a decision here and there, the missions are the same except the red circular side missions. I think that's how it works anyway.. It's been a long time!

Thanks for your input! I'll start the evil play through and see how it goes from there.

RedSwirl

I could still really give a shit about the story (especially the unskippable cut scenes) and I still don't like Cole at all in this game, but the actual playing of the game is still fun enough.

Ok I need the educated opinion of (I2 pre-ordered) GAFers who are well into this game by now (bonus if they are playing it through for the second time )

Even though I don't pre-order games , I got my hands on a "Pre order Lightning Hook Power" Code.

I like to play and progress in games naturally, basically I don't like "cheats" or any sort of "advantages" that takes the fun away from the game or interferes with the game's narrative and/or pacing.

Like I mentioned, I don't have much experience in redeeming codes to get in game "bonus'"

So I do not know much about the significance and impact of such DLC's

shall I use this "Lightning Hook Power" code? Will it take away the fun from the game or actually enhance my gaming experience? Please I'd like to hear an unbiased opinion from
from multiple GAFers who used this weapon and what would they recommend I should do? redeem or discard the code?

img0737ql.jpg

HankToms

EricHasNoPull said:
Ok I need the educated opinion of (I2 pre-ordered) GAFers who are well into this game by now (bonus if they are playing it through for the second time )

Even though I don't pre-order games , I got my hands on a "Pre order Lightning Hook Power" Code.

I like to play and progress in games naturally, basically I don't like "cheats" or any sort of "advantages" that takes the fun away from the game or interferes with the game's narrative and/or pacing.

Like I mentioned, I don't have much experience in redeeming codes to get in game "bonus'"

So I do not know much about the significance and impact of such DLC's

shall I use this "Lightning Hook Power" code? Will it take away the fun from the game or actually enhance my gaming experience? Please I'd like to hear an unbiased opinion from
from multiple GAFers who used this weapon and what would they recommend I should do? redeem or discard the code?

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8616/img0737ql.jpg

I got the gamestop hook but i found it useless. You can only hook one enemy at a time. I used it once, but went back to the alpha blast to knock multiple enemies down.

Finally finished Infamous 1, now to finally boot this up since Ive had it since release date. I hope much is improved graphically and soundwise (no more angry females, please) and for an equally mind blowing ending.

Rengoku

HankToms said:
I got the gamestop hook but i found it useless. You can only hook one enemy at a time. I used it once, but went back to the alpha blast to knock multiple enemies down.

The only times I used the hook were to take out the shields of the shielded enemies.

comrade said:
Don't be weird. Just redeem it, try it, if you don't like it or find it over-powered just don't use it. I personally found it useless.

thanks for all the answers, but what the heck do you mean with "don't use it?" I haven't played the game yet, the Disc is still in the case, can I "remove" the power? how wold I just "not use it"?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
EricHasNoPull said:
thanks for all the answers, but what the heck do you mean with "don't use it?" I haven't played the game yet, the Disc is still in the case, can I "remove" the power? how wold I just "not use it"?

I would assume he means by not pressing the button that uses the power, lol.

EricHasNoPull said:
Each button can have multiple powers selectable for it. Just don't assign it to the button. Play the game and you'll see.

Lince

Banned
JoeFenix said:
Fantastic, trophies for game completion are glitched if you skip the credits....

No way I'm going through again, fuck this!

so basically you payed to be able to unlock trophies instead of actually enjoying the game? is this the alt-account of GraveRobberX lol? fuck trophies ! also just reload a game save prior to the credits / final boss... don't tell me you save your progress into one slot only ?????

JoeFenix said:
Fantastic, trophies for game completion are glitched if you skip the credits....

No way I'm going through again, fuck this!
It deposits you right before you start the final mission.

I have skipped credits and gotten the trophies, so it isn't a consistent glitch, but couldn't you just do the final mission again?

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I finished the game few days ago. I will probably play through it again just for the evil play through. I
did make myself evil before the final choice just to see the other ending.

The game was more enjoyable than the first game and I really liked the first one. The game feels more refined, with a greater variety of powers and the movement was much improved as well.

I really hope they refine the user generated content area though. I would like the ability to search and recommend levels, basically give you more options as to which levels get generated on the island.

Edit: I just noticed that you can add levels to your queue as per the previous page in this thread on the infamous website.

JoeFenix

ShockingAlberto said:
It deposits you right before you start the final mission.

I have skipped credits and gotten the trophies, so it isn't a consistent glitch, but couldn't you just do the final mission again?

As far as I know, you can't do the mission again... the epilogue mode doesn't allow you to do story stuff.

Wow its almost like night and day between the first and second game coming back to back. The improved visuals and sound, the attention to detail, the voice acting and cinematics, and even the blurring and speed. Im just running through it now, but Im probably definitely going to come back to it in the future to get a platinum I think. Its amazing, just an hour in.

Top Bottom