• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

NEO0MJ

Thnikkaman said:
Sticky grenades never attached to Ravagers for me. They just bounced off and did no damage on detonation. Only ice grenades and any kind of rocket worked.

I just use normal grenades, never had a problem.

Worst for me were Crushers(these are the second biggest ice guys, right?) and Devourers.
I hated how the Devourer can sometimes grab you with his tongue through walls and you have no way to shoot him.

Rikyfree

I propose to GAF a query: If, and that is an if, they make a movie out of this franchise, who should play Cole? My vote goes to Ben Foster. A highly underrated actor and in need of a big break.

Replicant

Rikyfree said:
I propose to GAF a query: If, and that is an if, they make a movie out of this franchise, who should play Cole? My vote goes to Ben Foster. A highly underrated actor and in need of a big break.

Jason Statham or bust!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Rikyfree said:

who ever looks like this
footer_bfzo.jpg

but yeah Jason Statham

Thnikkaman said:
As far as I know I did. Whenever I tried to attach stickies to the Ravagers the exoskeleton stopped it?

Hell, I probably just missed because of the weird grenade arc.

Yea, this was annoying too, even with the Scatter Grenade--it explodes when you're trying to hit enemies a bit higher than you. But the Ravagers would get owned by the Double and Stickie Grenade once you get them--the Ice Crushers were just cheap as fuck.

*Trail of Ice*

"Move, move!"

*Cole attempts to dodge, gets hit anyway*

"Shit, get up, toss a few nades--no way that glacier hits me, I can dodge that!"

*Cole dodges, is hit by breakaway piece, knocked down*

"Shit--let me see if--"

*Ice Crusher leaps to a new location*
OR
*Ice Crusher charges at you*

"Move, move!"

*Get hit, realize that you need more energy*

*Trail of Ice*

And that was when I swore to solely hunt them down just to watch them die with Ionic Storm.

Hmm...honestly not sure. I will say that this would be a better TV show than The Cape, The Flash, etc.

One of my big problems with the Good ending:

It basically makes Bertrand win. He wanted to get rid of all the Conduits (including himself) and that's exactly what happens. Makes fighting him for 3/4 of the game kinda pointless.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
AlphaDragoon said:

It basically makes Bertrand win. He wanted to get rid of all the Conduits (including himself) and that's exactly what happens. Makes fighting him for 3/4 of the game kinda pointless.
I thought the aim in fighting him was to end his police state and control over New Marais. Plus his whole "turning dudes into monsters" thing.

NEO0MJ

AlphaDragoon said:

The difference though is that unlike what Bertrend wanted with humans hating and then killing conduits for the demons that they are it was the conduits sacrificing themselves and proving themselves as heroes to the humans.

Irish

Boombloxer said:
L.A. Noire was that bad?

Eh, I'd say it was a 7/10 game. The repetitiveness really killed it for me. I personally believe a lot of that gets overlooked because of the newness of it all. (Of course, I thought Bioshock was a bad game with a fantastic setting/atmosphere, so we may not mesh games-wise.)

----

My least favorite enemy in the game had to have been the Ice Titan. The mandatory QTEs really killed the flow of battles.

Okay so I'm one invisible side mission away from a trophy. The last one is the point of the south island that sticks out the most (it has two wrecked boats at the end) - where on earth is this mission?

MarshMellow96 said:
Okay so I'm one invisible side mission away from a trophy. The last one is the point of the south island that sticks out the most (it has two wrecked boats at the end) - where on earth is this mission?

Usually if a side mission marker doesn't appear it's because you have to kill an enemy first and they'll leave behind a hidden package or convoy mission. So just head to that area and kill any enemies you see.

weekend_warrior said:
Usually if a side mission marker doesn't appear it's because you have to kill an enemy first and they'll leave behind a hidden package or convoy mission. So just head to that area and kill any enemies you see.

That's the thing - there aren't any enemies there.. I've tried reloading several times. I guess I'll go try a hard reset..

EDIT: Nevermind, the bloody thing was miles away..

MarshMellow96 said:

Just run around a bit, are you near the end of the game?

EDIT: LOL

MalboroRed said:
Just run around a bit, are you near the end of the game?

EDIT: LOL

I've finished it so it's send me back to Aftermath. Cleaning up the trophies now.

I was searching the swamp for about 10 minutes, reloading and hoping for some enemies. The first time I went out of the zone I see a side mission. Derp..

CatPee

Boombloxer said:
L.A. Noire was that bad?

It was extremely repetitive and overrated (due to the Rockstar label). They hyped it up to be a game with multiple outcomes each case, but in the end, it all was the same thing except for some very very minor changes in the dialogue. Nonexistent story and the terrible pacing didn't help either. Overall, I wouldn't say it's that bad, but rather not very good.

CatPee said:
It was extremely repetitive and overrated (due to the Rockstar label). They hyped it up to be a game with multiple outcomes each case, but in the end, it all was the same thing except for some very very minor changes in the dialogue. Nonexistent story and the terrible pacing didn't help either. Overall, I wouldn't say it's that bad, but rather not very good.

Eh, I'd say it was a 7/10 game. The repetitiveness really killed it for me. I personally believe a lot of that gets overlooked because of the newness of it all. (Of course, I thought Bioshock was a bad game with a fantastic setting/atmosphere, so we may not mesh games-wise.)

Boring and repetitive as fuck, it's not like there's real case-solving involved, the underlying game mechanics were pretty sloppy and unfun, massively overrated.

Damn. I was hoping for another RDR. Might rent and see how it goes, but that doesn't sound good.

Got all the shards, time to finish the story off soon! :)

I've been spending so many hours exploring and doing side missions, it's such a big game. 8-13 hrs is LOL comment of the year!

KennyLinder said:
Got all the shards, time to finish the story off soon! :)

I've been spending so many hours exploring and doing side missions, it's such a big game. 8-13 hrs is LOL comment of the year!

It really isn't. 8 hours is a little on the low side, but everything is doable within 12 hours, if you don't dawdle.

I always find these comments odd, it's like the claims that ME2 is a 40hr+ game, when it clearly isn't, unless you do nothing but scan planets for 20hrs.

Speedymanic said:
It really isn't. 8 hours is a little on the low side, but everything is doable within 12 hours, if you don't dawdle.

I always find these comments odd, it's like the claims that ME2 is a 40hr+ game, when it clearly isn't, unless you do nothing but scan planets for 20hrs.

So all story missions, side missions, dead drops and shards in 12 hours? Personally I think that's way off. I was over 10 hours on the first island and I wasn't messing around. Oh well.

KennyLinder said:
So all story missions, side missions, dead drops and shards in 12 hours? Personally I think that's way off. I was over 10 hours on the first island and I wasn't messing around. Oh well.

28 dead drops, the last one still alludes me. :c

But yeah, just over 12hrs to complete all missions, side missions and collect the shards. I1 was longer but mainly because it featured a lot more platforming, had those sewer missions, you weren't able to grind power lines until later in the game and you generally didn't move as fast as I1 Cole.

glaurung

Speedymanic said:
28 dead drops, the last one still alludes me. :c
There is one pigeon circling the very first village where you start the game after the prologue boss fight. It spawns later, after you have left the island and you need advanced thrusters to get back there via the power lines.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wooh, got all the shards! Shard Sense was really nice to have for the last few ones. Did it make it too easy? Maybe, but I prefer that over systematically searching every nook and cranny of the city for the last few missing ones (couldn't actually bother finding them all in the first game).

Also, great game! I loved Infamous, and since this game is pretty much that but better in just about every way possible I loved it too! Some of the new powers are just so awesome (especially the ones that make traversal even faster and more fun). I've only done the good ending so far, but I will definitely go back and do an evil playthrough, just like I did with I1.

Mest30

Banned
KennyLinder said:

Where do you go to find out how many hours you've played? It doesn't say in the save menu.

glaurung said:
There is one pigeon circling the very first village where you start the game after the prologue boss fight. It spawns later, after you have left the island and you need advanced thrusters to get back there via the power lines.
Which part of the map is that again?

glaurung said:

The bayou?
Thank you so much. I didn't even think to go back there. :D

glaurung said:

You can get there early with the UGC.

frequency

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
How do you access user missions? There's nothing on the pause menu and nothing on the map screen.
They're just green quest markers on your map. If you don't see them, then maybe you haven't unlocked it yet? I think it's like an hour in or something before they unlock.

Oh and obviously, you have to be connected to PSN.

Alastor said:
Quick yes / no question - does water still kill Cole?
Yes.

Personally, I'm kinda disappointed that Cole's ice powers don't do anything interesting with water the way that his electrical powers turn into AoE instakills in water. It'd be kinda cool if water would raise the area of effect of freezing attacks, or, even better, if you could turn shallow water into short-lived ice platforms.

Alastor

Speedymanic said:
Depends how deep it is. You can survive shallow water but you will die instantly if it's deep/a fair distance away from land.

badcrumble said:
Yes.

Personally, I'm kinda disappointed that Cole's ice powers don't do anything interesting with water the way that his electrical powers turn into AoE instakills in water. It'd be kinda cool if water would raise the area of effect of freezing attacks, or, even better, if you could turn shallow water into short-lived ice platforms.

Thanks! And yeah, it's pretty disappointing. They must have thought abouit it, so it's either too resource-consuming thing to implement for this gen (doubtfully), or they simply leave it for the third game.

Speedymanic said:

But scanning planets is a completely mindless and meaningless chore. Getting shards in Infamous 1/2 involves platforming and making a slight detour and the side missions are fun.

MalboroRed said:
But scanning planets is a completely mindless and meaningless chore. Getting shards in Infamous 1/2 involves platforming and making a slight detour and the side missions are fun.

It did involve platforming in I1, there's very platforming to it in I2. The side missions while fun at the beginning became very repetitive towards the end as most of them boiled down to three templates, save people from being kidnapped, stop gangs fighting and k-blast or get back medical supplies.

There should have been more chase side missions, only having two was pretty annoying. And the overcharge side missions were pretty great as well, both were underutilized. :(

The karma missions were much better this time round I thought.

badcrumble said:
Yes.

I hoped for ice travel, but oh well.

Speedymanic said:
It did involve platforming in I1, there's very platforming to it in I2. The side missions while fun at the beginning became very repetitive towards the end as most of them boiled down to three templates, save people from being kidnapped, stop gangs fighting and k-blast or get back medical supplies.

There should have been more chase side missions, only having two was pretty annoying. And the overcharge side missions were pretty great as well, both were underutilized. :(

The karma missions were much better this time round I thought.

Still far superior and more fun compared to scanning planets, there are quite a few chase missions, I found the overcharge missions might be annoying if there were too many of them, at the end of the day it's just more opportunities for combat which is a lot of fun in Infamous 2.

Boombloxer said:
I hoped for ice travel, but oh well.

You mean like the iceman?

Towards the end with the lightning tether it felt like spiderman, I was gliding and tethering to buildings to stay in the air while moving towards mission objectivs.

I wish they give out the tether earlier.

Dyno

I've been taking my time with this game, just doing stuff as I feel like it. I'm still on the first island and I just met Nix.

Not many people in this thread like her but I really do. She's as crazy as she looks and I think her voice is great, especially when she's egging you on in combat and laughing at the destruction. It seems that she seduces you further into evil.

I like this game a lot more then the first. It really did the Uncharted 2 leap in quality. Everything from the graphics, to the movement, to the cinematic presentation is just better.

Yeah, I rarely used the tether. It's much more fun to combine the ice launch with the thrusters, cables etc. I think the only time I used it for an extended period of time was during the
chase for the blast core
near the end.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I like this game a lot more then the first. It really did the Uncharted 2 leap in quality. Everything from the graphics, to the movement, to the cinematic presentation is just better.

Yup,Infamous 2 is way better than the First in almost everything, the powers are more and way more fun to play, the islands are more open and fun especially the flood town,way more variety in in the the side quests, better cast with Nix,Kuo than just Zeke and Moya in the first one,better way to pick good or evil, and Cloe have some personality in this game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
badcrumble said:
Yes.

A grinding-esque ice freezing travel over the water would be badass, and really useful to get across the islands.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Papercuts said:
A grinding-esque ice freezing travel over the water would be badass, and really useful to get across the islands.

But by doing this, they will kill the need for jumping and the platforming too.

.hacked

fantastic game, oozes quality at every turn. Those giant ice guys were a pain in the arse. Now to play through as evil.

Just got the Platinum. What a fantastic game. Blasting around town with the ice launch and thrusters, busting ass with the hellfire rockets and recharging with a simple ultra combo. They did a really good job of making the simple things like tranversel and combat fun, and building the rest of the game off of it. Can't wait for Infamous 3. :D

Top Bottom