• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Darkatomz

Beat the game on Evil this time. Only have the UCG trophes before I get my platinum.

(Both ending spoilers)
Nix is a much more fun and challenging boss fight than Nix/Beast. And damn, killing Zeke like that? Shit.

Overall, the endgame for Evil is better than the one for Good (flying around with the Beast, and the Nix fight), but I think I prefer the Good ending more. It's kind of retarded for John to suddenly whine and tired of being an executioner and make Cole the Beast instead of him. Having Cole sacrifice himself and all other conduits for the sake of defeating the Beast and humanity just feels more feasible.

Other thoughts:
-The firebird strike sucks ass. I found myself using the lightning tether for everything under my Evil run once I got it. The ice jump isn't as efficient as the tether, but at least it's a lot more fun.
-Some of the Evil side quests are dumb. Throwing cars around? Really baby?
-I thought the ice rockets were cheap (one-shot on human-sized baddies), but the hellfire rockets just DESTROY all boss characters.
-The Evil ionic power is pretty awesome. Better than the Good one anyways.

Got the 130m trophy last night on accident. You can get it on the last mission of evil ending really easy.

Also, lightning tether. I'm sorry I doubted you. I never used it on my good play through and used it all the time on my evil play through b/c it made me feel like Spider-Man.

Einbroch

Banned
Picking this up tonight from a local Red Box, I think I can beat it twice in three days + tonight. $6 for this? Yes please.

No work tomorrow or Wednesday. Am excite!

LiK

finished this on the Good ending. very satisfying. gonna replay Evil on Hard mode like i did with the first game. lots of fun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, so the game was really feeling like a retread of the first game until I got to the second island. Something just clicked for me and it became absolutely awesome. I love all the new powers and the enemies you start facing on the second island are a lot more fun.

peull

Hey all! I finally completed my best UG mission so far. I would like some of you to try it. I put at least 5 hours doing it, wanted to make it longer, but I hit 100%...

It takes somewhere between 10-15 minutes to complete. The mission name is Gloria needs help. The goal is to kill Bertrand. Hope you like it!

Here's how to find it. Go to this link, sign-in and add the mission to your queue. http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=14cd3bd5-0911-442d-b730-7e62b04ebe25

Then, in the game, go to missions filters, and find "my queue". It should show up on your map! Enjoy and leave feedback if you want, I would appreciate.

Completed tonight on Hero on Hard difficulty. Got all the Shards, Dead drops and side missions, but need a another 4k of XP for my last upgrade.

Loved it, can't wait for some serious damage with my Evil run :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question: How many story missions are there? I'm trying to gauge how much I have left. Just the number will suffice.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
weekend_warrior said:
Just got the Platinum. What a fantastic game. Blasting around town with the ice launch and thrusters, busting ass with the hellfire rockets and recharging with a simple ultra combo. They did a really good job of making the simple things like tranversel and combat fun, and building the rest of the game off of it. Can't wait for Infamous 3. :D

It's possible only if the evil ending is the canon
and it will be crazy as balls if they went with that for infamous 3.

Square Triangle said:
I just finished the first mission on the second island. God I am so bored with this game.

allypunch.gif

Dude, it's weird. I loved inFamous too. I just feel like "oh awesome, a new island full of slamming L3 down and more repetitive side missions"

<--Negative Nancy.

Duffyside

Banned
People who have hated on the user-generated-content since release can lick it. I'm done with everything else - hard run, good and bad karma, what have you - and just felt like sitting down, listening to a podcast, and playing some Infamous, so it was UGC time.

And it serves its purpose wonderfully. I get to have the "feel" of Infamous without it being completely meaningless. Before UGC it was just running around empty rooftops and riding a rail for 10 minutes, with nothing to do. Now I have purpose, lots of it, and it's great. I'm totally glad Sucker Punch did this. When I put the game down for good probably later this week, it's great to know that when I have an itch to play to this game for the "feel" again in six months I can hop on and DO SOMETHING.

One suggestion I would make would be having more things to unlock with the XP though: Costumes, skins, weapon skins, what-have-you, so that playing the UGC had even more meaning.

Duffyside

Banned
User33 said:
So I stumbled upon this video and I have to say that the potential for dozens of custom platforming stages has me intrigued despite having never played inFamous or the sequel before.

I'm just curious if there's any way to prevent the player from hovering? Also, how's the community for custom stages so far?
Yup, played a platforming level tonight that had no static thrusters. Also played one that put me in God mode, which is always fun.

I really like it. The last mission I played was incredibly straight-forward, but super-fun and rewarding. It was called something like "Attack of the Zekes 3" and there were about a hundred Zekes all put into a tight crowd, and I had to kill them all, except all of them were super super strong. I tried everything, from starting the mission off with a ton of cluster grenades right into the center, to using my Ionic powers, to creating distance and trying to just take my time (the worst strategy - if that's even doable, it would take 5 hours. They're THAT strong).

The way I figured out how to beat it was what was so rewarding.
They don't attack first, right? So I moved to the side of them, used the "Blast push" thing to shoot them all over the railing and into the water, though I had to use Graviton blast for them to make the distance... well, most of them. I then went down the line, shooting 5 blasts or so as quickly as I could, then I hucked grenades like a madman towards their landing zone, hoping to electrify them while in the water.

I got all but about 7 in the first attack, then it was mop-up time. ^_^

Some of the platforming stuff tonight was pretty tough too. Really glad that's in there, as the trash tower, prison, under-the-bridge stuff from the first game was missed in this one.

Just finished with the good ending. Am I the only one who had portions of the islands unfinished because a side mission never opened up in those areas? There were about 4 or 5 left combined on both islands.

Maybe I was supposed to head to those areas and fight enemies until a side mission opened up, like one of those photo hunts? I"m just remembering I had that problem with the first game too.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
BarrenMind said:
Just finished with the good ending. Am I the only one who had portions of the island unfinished because a side mission never opened up in those areas? There were about 4 or 5 left combined on both islands.

Maybe I was supposed to head to those areas and fight enemies until a side mission opened up, like one of those photo hunts? I"m just remembering I had that problem with the first game too.

Its not a problem or glitch, you do have to defeat an enemy in that area for the mission to pop up.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
weekend_warrior said:
Just got the Platinum. What a fantastic game. Blasting around town with the ice launch and thrusters, busting ass with the hellfire rockets and recharging with a simple ultra combo. They did a really good job of making the simple things like tranversel and combat fun, and building the rest of the game off of it. Can't wait for Infamous 3. :D

Question, how do you get a neutral mission to show up after you beat the game on both evil/ good? i am 1 spot away from taking over the second island then i get my platinum.

Duffyside

Banned
iamvin22 said:
Question, how do you get a neutral mission to show up after you beat the game on both evil/ good? i am 1 spot away from taking over the second island then i get my platinum.
Fight the enemies in that area. One of them should spawn a mission once he's dead. If, like for me, they don't - leave the area, and come back. It'll happen eventually. Try not to knock them off roofs if you can. That seemed to help.

ezekial45

Banned
FUUUCK! I did an evil mission just for the hell out it, and it ended up closing the last good
Ice Soldier
mission.

I feel like such an idiot. :(

Square Triangle said:
Dude, it's weird. I loved inFamous too. I just feel like "oh awesome, a new island full of slamming L3 down and more repetitive side missions"

<--Negative Nancy.

WAT!? You loved the original but you're bored with this one? I guess you're just sick of the formula? Personally I can't get enough of it! Too good!

MuseManMike said:
LMAO. Dude, I love you and that .gif
So funny when I see it.

LOL....I can't help myself from posting it.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I'm three hours in and really enjoying what the game has to offer. Everything just feels so damn polished, and New Marais is a great city.

One issue I have is that the game seems to move so fast. I mean, Cole runs so goddamn quick and there camera moves just as quickly. I'm either getting old or I need to adjust the settings.

Maybe both?

JohngPR

Just beat this. Wow,
I can't believe they killed off Cole in the hero ending....or did they? Wonder what that lightning bolt that hits the boat just before it fades to black means.

I agree mostly with Brad Shoemaker's review. The game is clearly better than inFamous 1 in every single way, but it's not a HUGE step forward like Assassin's Creed 2 was compared to AC1 or Uncharted 2 was compared to Uncharted 1.

Still a great game. New super powers, new ways to traverse the world, better graphics, etc. Just a good game overall.

BeeDog

I finished the game completely the other day (that is, unlocking/collecting everything twice), and figured I'd post some things I thought I2 did worse/differently than its predecessor:

- First of all, the bosses, or rather, the lack of them. This is my biggest disappointment with this game, since I expected all kinds of crazy shit.
- The lack of pure platforming stages like in the first game is a shame, but on the other hand, the actual map in I2 is more platforming-friendly, especially Flood Town.
- The mission variety, be it sidequests and main quests, seems to be smaller in I2 than in I1, but I might be looking at I1 with rose-tinted glasses.
- The verticality isn't as pronounced as in I1. The scrap tower and the prison were really good locations, and it's a major bummer there's nothing similar here.

Though the things that really matter for me in InFamous, that is the excellent controls and traversal, are even better in the second game so that's the main reason I prefer this game to the predecessor.

JohngPR

If anything, the thing I have the most complaints about is the sound....or lack thereof. The felt felt a bit lifeless and at times the sound just cuts off which takes away from you experience.

That and every time the game showed
how many miles until The Beast arrived
the sound cut in and out horribly.

Chiggs

Gold Member
JohngPR said:
If anything, the thing I have the most complaints about is the sound....or lack thereof. The felt felt a bit lifeless and at times the sound just cuts off which takes away from you experience.

That and every time the game showed
how many miles until The Beast arrived
the sound cut in and out horribly.

I personally hate the cheesy titles whenever the plot needed to be advanced by some measure of time.

"Hey, Cole, I gotta take a real big shit. Come meet me when I'm done."

1 HOUR LATER

Valravn

I agree. The lackof sound AND music. Ok, there is music but at times i could only hear it p faintly playing in the background. Did you experience that too or is there something wrong with my surround set?

BeeDog

Obsidian said:
I agree. The lackof sound AND music. Ok, there is music but at times i could only hear it p faintly playing in the background. Did you experience that too or is there something wrong with my surround set?

It's a common complaint that there's something wrong with the sound mixing. Completely unbalanced, especially when you consider that there's 3 hours of music in the game!

SimonM7

No word on whether Sucker Punch is looking into the sound mixing? It's *so jarring* to go from InFamous 1 which had a lot of different sounds just for Cole moving around - providing an excellent sense of inertia, volume and weight - to this which has him ninjaing around in morning slippers by the (lack of) sound of it. Suddenly he feels awkwardly light and, at least initially, nowhere near as good to control.

leng jai

SimonM7 said:
No word on whether Sucker Punch is looking into the sound mixing? It's *so jarring* to go from InFamous 1 which had a lot of different sounds just for Cole moving around - providing an excellent sense of inertia, volume and weight - to this which has him ninjaing around in morning slippers by the (lack of) sound of it. Suddenly he feels awkwardly light and, at least initially, nowhere near as good to control.

Devs fixing their sound mix via a patch would be pretty unlikely.

SimonM7

leng jai said:
Devs fixing their sound mix via a patch would be pretty unlikely.

I've no concept of how feasible it is, that's absolutely true. Thing is though, the sounds are often there, they're just so impossibly muted. There are sounds of his footsteps in the game already which could potentially leviate the lightness thing, but they're completely drowned out.

leng jai

SimonM7 said:
I've no concept of how feasible it is, that's absolutely true. Thing is though, the sounds are often there, they're just so impossibly muted. There are sounds of his footsteps in the game already which could potentially leviate the lightness thing, but they're completely drowned out.

I've played the full game trial and the audio mix is pretty atrocious which for me is a deal breaker. Unless the fix it soon (very unlikely) I probably won't get it till it hits the bargain bins.

Parts

Holy fuck. Just played the intro. That's going to go down as one of my all time game moments, I know it. Felt so involved, that was just fantastic.

Massive fan of Infamous 1, so pumped. On to New Marais.

JohngPR

Obsidian said:

No, I experienced it as well. The sound mix in this game is pretty bad. :(

It was really distracting at times, especially when I heard it cut in and out.

Such a shame too because I liked the music...when I got to hear it. :p

Still, it's not worth not playing the game because of it.

JohngPR

Dear god, I just noticed how butchered my inFamous 2 impressions sounded. Remind me not to try to put thoughts together while a 9 year old is talking my ear off.

I think I'll wait to play my inFamous 2 evil playthrough. I did that with the first game (played it a year later) and I got some newfound enjoyment out of the game since it had been so long since I replayed it.

ezekial45 said:
FUUUCK! I did an evil mission just for the hell out it, and it ended up closing the last good
Ice Soldier
mission.

I feel like such an idiot. :(

This is exactly what happened on my good play-thought... :( Now i have to do another good play-through for the platinum.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wow, I saw a Kevin Bulter ad for this. I thought they shelved him. It was pretty dumb, though. He used the word 'epic' cause that's a buzz word on the innernet right now.

NIN90

So I'm about to go to the second island for the first time and I still haven't unlocked the Triangle power (rocket). Is this normal or is my game bugged?

How inFamous 3 with could work.
Single player follows the Good Ending as canon and Multiplayer follows the Evil Ending as canon.
Yay or nay? It'd make the most sense to me.

I'm not sure why I spoilered it, but I did.

NIN90 said:
So I'm about to go to the second island for the first time and I still haven't unlocked the Triangle power (rocket). Is this normal or is my game bugged?
Did you get the blast core and unlock it by doing specific stunts?
Edit: Don't know if that was spoiler-worthy, but just in case.

the madman

Neo Member
As someone has already stated, the reviews for this game played absolutely no role in my decision whether or not to buy this game. The first is one of my favorite games, and I don't regret my purchase of #2; it is, so far (until November) my game of the year.

The "cinematic" melee and camera movements when you get hit by big attacks is ANNOYING. Holy damn, if you get swarmed and the camera starts bugging out because of it, all you see is smoke, then you die. Also, the melee camera causes you to lose track of your enemies CONSTANTLY.

I really hope they do away with the zooming camera in the next game. Just leave the camera alone no matter what's happening. Aside from that and the really lackluster sound though, this is a lot of fun.

Top Bottom