• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Wario64 said:
There's some jaggies but I don't think my video setup is the best, I could see jaggies in God of War 3 when I played it on my monitor...like I said, not the best person to ask :p

Only a hour in so far, feels like more of the same. Probably picks up a bit later but still fun

This is what I was afraid of. I got bored of the first Infamous by the time I got to the 2nd part of the city. Same thing happened on a 2nd playthrough. Based on the videos I've seen, looks like the same thing will happen with this one.

Still looking forward to reading more impressions but I'll pick this up used or when it hits the bargain bin.

Guts Of Thor said:
This is what I was afraid of. I got bored of the first Infamous by the time I got to the 2nd part of the city. Same thing happened on a 2nd playthrough. Based on the videos I've seen, looks like the same thing will happen with this one.

Still looking forward to reading more impressions but I'll pick this up used or when it hits the bargain bin.

That sounds nuts to me. More of the same is exactly what I was hoping for....

Infamous was my favorite game of this generation. I was initially worried "sandbox" and "cinematic" were gonna clash here, but I'm glad people are saying otherwise.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yep, no go at my target either. With amazon offering no credits, i'll probably wait a month to pick it up for $40. I guess I shouldn't have made the ot, then. lol

NYC gaf, the Target on 117th in Harlem has them! Go to the videogames dept and ask for infamous 2. I had to have the guy go in the back to get it because apparently target knows about the price mishap and took them off the shelve. Great thing is when he rang the game up there was no tax!! Go Go Go!!!

Acrylic7

Day 1 for me. I really want that clear ds3 controller, but I also want that Sly Backpack.

Guess I will settle for the Hero Edition.
gonna in KZ3.

Requeim

brucewaynegretzky said:
That sounds nuts to me. More of the same is exactly what I was hoping for....

Same here, it's the only game this generation i've completed twice in a row. Second playthrough wasn't that long, but still.

Acrylic7

Domcorleone said:
NYC gaf, the Target on 117th in Harlem has them! Go to the videogames dept and ask for infamous 2. I had to have the guy go in the back to get it because apparently target knows about the price mishap and took them off the shelve. Great thing is when he rang the game up there was no tax!! Go Go Go!!!
Energy building...
... muscles pulsating...
.... Ps3... trembling... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!

MMaRsu

Guts Of Thor said:

Lol he's an hour in, I don't expect them to show all their new stuff in the first hour.

JCreasy

RyanardoDaVinci said:
You missed a golden opportunity, joe. It should have been:

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Electric Boogaloo.

electric-boogaloo-o.gif

BeeDog

More of the same, but with better graphics, more weapons/abilities and more entertaining enemies is fine by me! BRING IT ON.

what a lame special edition, not even an artbook in there. Who TF wants a statue. At least Witcher 2 came with a superb full size artbook along with the statue and other stuff...

Irish

Domcorleone said:

Apparently, my Target here in Indy was selling them, but by the time I got there, the chick in charge of the electronics department had put the rest of the copies on lockdown. I went up and asked the guy at the desk if they had inFamous 2 and called in the lady because she knew way more about the games than he did and I heard her say, "No! We've sold too many copies already. Doesn't come out until next week anyway."

I was like WHAT THE FUCK, BITCH!

iMad

Went to Target and they were sold out! =/

I didn't come out empty handed though, I got to play the demo on their kiosk and this game is so good. The new jedi force powers/throwing cars is FUN.

daffy

Banned
Guts Of Thor said:

ITS A SEQUEL

TTG

Mest30 said:
Will be picking this up as soon as I beat LA Noire. Can't wait.

Same. Have to make it through LA Noire first, but this is next on Gamefly.

Anyway, anyone have a good recap video/post on what happened in the first game? I finished it not too long ago and I already forgot most of it. It went something like...

You deliver a package that explodes, destroying a lot of the city and giving you superpowers. There's an annoying fat friend named Barry(or was that Alan Wake guy's name?) he feels left out so he goes off by himself, fucks up. You have a choice between your girlfriend, who happens to be pissed at you for killing her sister or something in the blast, and a school bus full of kids. She dies anyway... Barry comes back and apologizes? Or some such shit, maybe you have to rescue him. Boss fights are irrelevant, except for the last guy who I can't remember at all. Is he from the future?

Phenomic

btkadams said:
why is everyone getting it so early????

A lot of people seem to have won it from the Subway contest at least on GAF. A few target stores are apparently selling it early based on the screens we've got. I'm sure a few mom and pop shops will also start to trickle out copies.

I honestly think they should have just released it this week anyway. I would rather follow E3 coverage next Tuesday then play Infamous 2 despite wanting it pretty bad. Clearly though, I'm just bitter because I don't have a copy for another week. =D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Subway owes me $30 in Subway gift cards, $25 GC for Champs and a Jillian Michaels DVD! Got them on another fire drill like 2 weeks ago, lol

Irish

For those who have already started (and without spoiling too much):

How is the story so far? (no details, of course)

XTERC

Saren is Bad said:
Any fine Houston Gaffers find an early copy?

Every other time Target has had a game out early it usually doesn't ring at the counter

I'll be checking the one in Tomball later tonight. My friend let me know there were none in the Target in Katy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW!!! hahahah

cackhyena

I have no problem with that stuff. Have plenty more, make that money and make the world a little more believable. If it's just store locations...can't get mad.

Top Bottom