• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Dyno

I'm actually really digging the Static Flight matched with Phoenix Dash whatever it's called from Nix. One maintains your verticle while the other dashes you forward, violently if necessary. It's been a godsend during boss and subboss fights for sure!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Dyno said:
I'm actually really digging the Static Flight matched with Phoenix Dash whatever it's called from Nix. One maintains your verticle while the other dashes you forward, violently if necessary. It's been a godsend during boss and subboss fights for sure!

The dash would have been immensely more enjoyable for me if it didn't wildly distort your view and it allowed you to interrupt it sooner with static thrusters. By the time the animation is over, you're on a downward trajectory and the thrusters don't give you enough lift. It also costs a lot to perform, so it clearly wasn't intended as a traversal tool to begin with but I rarely used it for offense.

Thrakier

Just played the first hour of the trial version and all I can say is WOW. WOW to everything. The graphics, the framerate, the story so far, the combat, the controls...WOW.

Just unlocked the evil ending..... HOLY F**K it was one of the most epic endings I've seen in this generation!!!

fighting Nix was so sad for me because I really loved her character so much.... and at the end the show down between Cole and Zeke was the sh*t itself!!! I had no idea this would happen it's just so tragic.

inFAMOUS 2 is truly one of the best exclusives out there any console should be praised for having it on board.... I got the Platinum and dammit I still couldn't get bored with the game.

Really a wonderful job SB..... you guys rules for making a game this awesome.

photopj.jpg

Nix is my 2nd Favorite female Character in this generation after Kai from Heavenly Sword.... I wish they could meet face to face in one game, what would happen <3 ?

ukas said:
I got my first Plat today with Infamous 2. Screw that "buy all powers/upgrades" trophy. At least until I found the purchasing powers/upgrades in a UCG glitch.

You can easily get everything just by being creative in combat.

JudgeN

Ok i finish the game on the good side and loved it but this doesn't make sense.

if the ray sphere is what caused conduit gene to activate and cause the plague because of the conduits radiation. Why did kessler bother to make it in the first place, if the technology never existed none of this would have happened right?

JudgeN said:
Ok i finish the game on the good side and loved it but this doesn't make sense.

if the ray sphere is what caused conduit gene to activate and cause the plague because of the conduits radiation. Why did kessler bother to make it in the first place, if the technology never existed none of this would have happened right?

Probably because Kessler was completely unaware of the plague's origins as well as the Beast's intentions (creating more Conduits at the cost of millions of humans). He didn't know the full effects of the Ray Sphere and what it did to people and why the Beast was doing what it was doing.

TimmiT

Just did a good playthrough of the game. I liked it, but thought the ending was a bit dissapointing. I'll start an evil playthrough later this week.

Figboy79 said:
Yeah, they do.

There was a particular Dead Drop concerning inFAMOUS 1 spoiler ahead
whether or not you save the doctors or Trish in inFAMOUS 1
, and during my evil playthrough, the Dead Drop mentioned that I did the evil choice, while I remember my good playthrough mentioned the good choice. Pretty cool attention to detail there.

I think it's that same dead drop where they mentioned they didn't know how Cole would respond to events or how he would act (I lost my I1 saves and had to restart, so that's how I noticed the difference).

kuYuri

Just played a UGC mission called "Those Who Kill For Love", highly recommend it if you get a chance.

It's pretty well written so far and is actually interesting. Also, there's a nice Prototype reference.

I finished the game today and I've been really hot and cold. I feel that the middle of the game is absolutely astonishing; when you do your power swap and you have that amazing bossfight against the Behemoth, and then you get to Flood City I feel like Sucker Punch absolutely nailed the balance between Cole's powers and the city you play in. I'd always loved the first game because of the way you were never overpowered but you could always use the city to your advantage, and all the water in Flood City can be used to your advantage as long as you use your new powers to stay out of it yourself.

But the game just kept going and going and by the end I was hating it. They introduce new Conduits resulting in the Titans which are the worst fucking bullet sponges, just standing there while you fire four dozen rockets at them, and every enemy has their health jacked up a little more with every mission so fights just take so long. I actually felt less powerful at the end of the game than I did at the start because my powers were just doing nothing. I was having to hold my Bolt Stream on basic ice soldiers for like ten straight seconds before they died, and I had to refill my juice bar five or six times every fight because everything just took so much killing.

And then that fucking ending.
The game straight up lies to you about what the RFI does throughout the whole game; the whole shit about killing all the Conduits or killing all the humans is literally foisted on you in the last half-hour. I did the Good ending and the bossfight against The Beast was the same clunky shit as it was in the very beginning of the game, and then, hey, you're dead. I called John being The Beast when I finished the first game so it didn't come as a surprise, and it hardly mattered anyway because I barely said two words to him before I killed him.

So, I was planning to do an Evil playthrough straight away but I'm just so burnt out on the game after those last few hours I think it's going back on the shelf. I loved the first game, got the Platinum Trophy, and I was so excited for inFamous 2 but ultimately I just don't think I like it. If Sucker Punch had trimmed the main quest down a couple of hours and refined the difficulty curve in a way that didn't involve just jacking up enemy health at the end I think I would have loved it, but the last quarter of the game just really soured me on the whole thing.

JABEE

Were the preorder bonuses just for preorders or were they on every first run disc? Was there a code that came outside of the box at BestBuy?

gdt

Just played for about 2 hours, really digging it.

But, um...is this game really quiet, or what? There's no noise except for the powers and dialogue!

Lingitiz

gdt5016 said:
Just played for about 2 hours, really digging it.

But, um...is this game really quiet, or what? There's no noise except for the powers and dialogue!
Yeah the ambient sounds are either really quiet at times, or non existent. I play with headphones and occasionally hear stuff, but much of the time its dead quiet.

Ri'Orius

beast786 said:
I am at Mission 38 and still none of the Missile power are unlock. Not even 1st. Is this a glitch or its coming ?

Thanks

It unlocks when you get to a certain point in the story. If you've been doing side missions as you go and putting off the main missions, then yeah, you'll get it later.

paskowitz

Don't hate, but I rented this game and do not like it. It just does not feel as fluid and smooth as the first inFamous. The story is also kind wonky and I usually do not care about story. All that being said, playing as Cole and using his powers is really satisfying.

KingDizzi

Banned
For those playing on hard, how was it? The first on hard was fine and would like to play this one too on hard if it's not too bad. This is one of those games where you want hard enemies simply due to how cole is, using his powers to beat the shit outta enemies is a satisfying feeling.

KingDizzi said:
For those playing on hard, how was it? The first on hard was fine and would like to play this one too on hard if it's not too bad. This is one of those games where you want hard enemies simply due to how cole is, using his powers to beat the shit outta enemies is a satisfying feeling.
Hard is like inFAMOUS on medium. It's not that tough, that's the mode I went through at the start.

shamanick

Did a quick scan of this thread and I'm not sure if anyone's talked about how funny this game is. The writers really put a lot of personality into this game, and the sequel feels far less dreary than the first game. There were multiple times that I actually laughed out loud, and this happens so rarely for me that it stood out.

Zomba13

So, dunno if this is the right place for it but might as well ask here first.
Anyone in the UK with PSN+ see this listed in the downloads? It had the little bag icon (meaning you've bought/own this) yet it didn't have the PSN+ golden +. It didn't say that this was a trial either (said Full Game) and the price was £49.99. It has let me download it (15GB). If it was a trial wouldn't it say so in brackets (like with Hustle Kings). I've not finished inFamous 1 yet so I'm gonna play more of that today (I liked it). I hope this is the full game. I don't want to download 15GB for it to be a trial/demo.

Irish

Zomba13 said:
So, dunno if this is the right place for it but might as well ask here first.
Anyone in the UK with PSN+ see this listed in the downloads? It had the little bag icon (meaning you've bought/own this) yet it didn't have the PSN+ golden +. It didn't say that this was a trial either (said Full Game) and the price was £49.99. It has let me download it (15GB). If it was a trial wouldn't it say so in brackets (like with Hustle Kings). I've not finished inFamous 1 yet so I'm gonna play more of that today (I liked it). I hope this is the full game. I don't want to download 15GB for it to be a trial/demo.

Well, even for the trials you actually end up downloading the entire game.

Amory

The infamous games are weird. Just like in the first game, I started playing 2 and didn't much care for it. The story is convoluted and the gameplay is largely repetitive, and I kinda have to force myself to get going and just do stuff each time I turn it on.

And then a funny thing happens, after a little while I lose myself in the game, and find myself naturally changing things up and making the experience a more varied and fun one. Collect some blast shards here, do some story missions there, throw in a few user created content challenges...and the game becomes really enjoyable and I'm reluctant to turn it off.

I'm liking it.

Hixx

KingDizzi said:

the mini bosses are tedious as fuck. it's not hard, but stuff just takes ages to die. You don't really feel powerful.

Normal is a breeze, though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
HixxSAFC said:
the mini bosses are tedious as fuck. it's not hard, but stuff just takes ages to die. You don't really feel powerful.

Normal is a breeze, though.
Really? Maybe it's because I was playing as evil but Hard was easier for me. I would use
the mega drain which would give you temporary infinite charge and spam the mini bosses
. They would be dead very quickly.

shawnlreed

shamanick said:
Did a quick scan of this thread and I'm not sure if anyone's talked about how funny this game is. The writers really put a lot of personality into this game, and the sequel feels far less dreary than the first game. There were multiple times that I actually laughed out loud, and this happens so rarely for me that it stood out.

Totally agreed.
There's a part in the first third of the game where you land on Bertrand's Limo, then the first helicopter you see in the game shows up and starts shooting at you.
After getting hit a bunch, I finally thought to throw a car at it.
Helicopter explodes and Cole yells out "Hell yeah! Hit me in the head again!"
I laughed out loud at that.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
In less than an hour this I've encountered more bugs than I ever did in Infamous 1 (Cole got stuck inside a wall, forcing me to reload, and the game locked up on the pause screen, so I had to restart, and since the game hadn't autosaved after I finished a bunch of UGC missions, I lost all my progress). Fix this broken shit.

Game's still good though.

Edit: Yay, seems the game had autosaved after all. But still, fix those bugs dammit.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Gah, being good in this game is so much better than being bad. I really miss the ice launch, and the firebird strike sucks. It’s useless! : /

Hellfire Rockets and Bio Leech Overload and Ionic Drain > good powers

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
shamanick said:

There were a couple of pretty funny lines but they were so few and far between that it didn't have much impact on my perception of the story/dialog/characters. If they could have maintained that level of playfulness throughout, it would have given the game much more personality IMO. As it is, the small bits of humor just seem out of step with the rest of the game.

SykoTech

shamanick said:

That sounds good. The only part of the first that I can think of that was humorous is in the beginning when Zeke is telling about their previous misadventures. And that wasn't all that funny. Sucker Punch was pretty solid with humor in the Sly games, so nice to hear that inFamous 2 isn't dry like the first.

Mrbob

Just finished the game tonight on the good ending. What an awesome ride.

Chiggs said:
Evil is the way to go with this game. The ending is simply outstanding.

Nice. I saved before "the choice" so I'm going to try the other path tomorrow. :D

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm glad I didn't have to pull my hair out while finding all the blast shards, it was surprisingly easy to get all 305. Doing the evil playthrough now, and it's way more fun to play! Reaper skin is so amazing, but sucks that you can't use the Katana with it, that would have been perfect.

Combichristoffersen

The game froze up again after trying to exit the pause menu. Press start to crash game, what an awesome improvement from inFamous 1.

Fuzzy

Combichristoffersen said:
The game froze up again after trying to exit the pause menu. Press start to crash game, what an awesome improvement from inFamous 1.
That sucks. I never had a crash, just some glitches where I fell through the world a couple of times.

Combichristoffersen

Fuzzy said:
That sucks. I never had a crash, just some glitches where I fell through the world a couple of times.

That happened once in inFamous 1 (it was also the only glitch/bug I encountered in that game), where Cole suddenly fell through the ground and just floated around in the air before I died :lol inFamous 2 had autosaved before the game crashed, but it's still annoying having to exit the game and then start it up again.

Fuzzy

Combichristoffersen said:
That happened once in inFamous 1 (it was also the only glitch/bug I encountered in that game), where Cole suddenly fell through the ground and just floated around in the air before I died :lol inFamous 2 had autosaved before the game crashed, but it's still annoying having to exit the game and then start it up again.
One other glitch I had in I2 was at the end of a fight I had a dead civilian floating about 3 feet off the ground.

Hazelhurst

I just got my platinum. I played through as evil Cole and man did I miss my Ice Launch. I felt so handicapped without it.

Well done Sucker Punch, you all made one hell of a great game.

I love this game so much. Although, I wish they made blast shards a lot harder to find. And I wish they had taken away that power that helps you find them. They were just to easy to find in this game.

shawnlreed

After playing the game on medium difficulty with good karma, I thought playing on hard as evil might actually be difficult.
If anything, the late game seemed easier on my hard evil playthrough.
Using hellfire missiles on Titans kills them crazy fast, and the ionic drain is an easy way to crowd control, especially late in the game when you can recharge and gain ionic charges from the storm.
The lightning tether is amazing, and it just makes you bitter to only have it for so little time.
It took me 2 weeks to platinum Infamous, and 2 more to platinum Infamous2.
Great games, but I've about overdosed on this series now.
Having said that, I'll be there day one for I3.

Edgeward

CriterionDog said:
I love this game so much. Although, I wish they made blast shards a lot harder to find. And I wish they had taken away that power that helps you find them. They were just to easy to find in this game.

As someone who recently plat'd the first game. I hate you for making that statement, blast shards were the bane of my existence in the first game. Finding the last one took several scours through the three sections and hours lost I can never get back. All for one bronze trophy.

Glad they fixed it and made it gold like it should've been.

And coming fresh off completing inFamous a second time, this game is better in every noticeable and important aspect. Better framerate, textures, controls, customization. Gaaaahhh, this game feels so amazing even after just spending two weeks, platinuming the first game.

Just started my evil playthrough today. I hate being evil. Everything just feels slightly off. I don't feel like I'm on a separate path, rather that I'm screwing up the path I was supposed to take. I'm definitely gonna be spending less time on the smaller stuff on this playthrough.

Mergesort

Hazelhurst said:
I just got my platinum. I played through as evil Cole and man did I miss my Ice Launch. I felt so handicapped without it.

Well done Sucker Punch, you all made one hell of a great game.

What? No Ice Launch?! Damn that will make me a thousand times slower...
Finished good ending yesterday and started right after as bad cole on hard mode.
What an awesome game, i love it! I have around 80% of the trophies as i had so much fun collecting stuff and doing all the side missions. Blastshard sense helped a lot, but i got it pretty late, i already collected 90% of the shards on my own...
Ice Launch was by far my favorite ability, kinda sad to play without it now :(

glaurung

mns-dna said:
Ice Launch was by far my favorite ability, kinda sad to play without it now :(
I haven't gone back to the game yet, finished the good side story on normal/medium difficulty and haven't had a chance to continue with evil/hard yet.

I don't get the love for Ice Launch, I never used it on my first playthrough. The truly useful traversal skill is the Lightning Tether, but you get it so late it almost feels pointless.

I also need to throw a bunch of cars at enemies now.

Mergesort

glaurung said:
I haven't gone back to the game yet, finished the good side story on normal/medium difficulty and haven't had a chance to continue with evil/hard yet.

I don't get the love for Ice Launch, I never used it on my first playthrough. The truly useful traversal skill is the Lightning Tether, but you get it so late it almost feels pointless.

I also need to throw a bunch of cars at enemies now.

At first i hated it too, because it took away my throwing ability(i hated to switch powers), but later i decided to use it a few times and sticked to Ice Launch. It's quite usefull if you want to be fast, no one could realy escape me and thats what i loved

Dyno

Is something up with my game? I'm on part 25 or 26. All of the map is open and I've cleared out most of it. Still, no rockets! When do rockets unlock?

Mergesort

Dyno said:
Is something up with my game? I'm on part 25 or 26. All of the map is open and I've cleared out most of it. Still, no rockets! When do rockets unlock?
later in the game when there are only two cores or so left to collect. I know it's kinda late, but they are pretty powerful

Top Bottom