• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Unity2012

Raitosaito said:
Well, I just went to the Sucker Punch forums to see if they would ever release the E3 2010 Cole as a skin.

Surprisingly they locked every thread/petition asking for it. Weird, considering they can make some money with that.
I, too, wish they will release more skins for the game. I dont understand why is ok to play the game as the reaper but not as the new Cole... even better, I wish we were able to customize our character more from the get go.

Most videogame characters lately are starting to look the same. I wonder when are deveopers finally going to get the hair rendering thing together so we stop getting generic bald characters ; )

Wishful thinking...

Yeah toward the end of inFamous 2 I was just using the homing cluster rockets to kill pretty much every single fodder enemy and most of the more advanced ones too. Those things take most of the skill out of things but they're too powerful and simple NOT to use; they're easily the best thing to use against the jumping ice soldiers in particular. Homing cluster rockets, the cluster grenades, and Ionic powers pretty much take care of everything in the game later on (and you've got enough mobility to find new sources of power pretty easily).

gdt

Dammit. Still have two redzones, with no way to activate the 2 remaining sidequests. Baddies aren't dropping the packages or pictures I need.

And 3 birds left! Arrgghh.

gdt

Got the good ending, thought it was awesome.

Kuo betraying me was great. She was scared, didn't want to die.

So....Cole's dead? New hero for Infamous 3?

I'll replay the game, evil style, soonish.

HankToms

gdt5016 said:
Got the good ending, thought it was awesome.

Kuo betraying me was great. She was scared, didn't want to die.

So....Cole's dead? New hero for Infamous 3?

I'll replay the game, evil style, soonish.

About the good ending:
there was a lighting bolt at the end on the boat though.

ukas

HankToms said:
About the good ending:

My guess is that he faked it. Now that the beast is dead he just wants to live being left alone but, something in 3 will bring him out from hiding.

gdt

HankToms said:
About the good ending:

Yeah, but that could've just been for the effect. Ahh well, won't know for awhile.

gdt

ukas said:
My guess is that he faked it. Now that the beast is dead he just wants to live being left alone but, something in 3 will bring him out from hiding.

I don't think he would hide from Zeke though. Especially how close they got at the end.

Though, in your theory, I suppose Zeke could be part of the whole thing.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just got Nix's powers (playing EVIL) and even though its not as good as ice launch the fire-bird attack is almost like teleporting/flying but it uses a lot of power.

Have they released any patches for this game, or are any on the way?

I ask because I have yet to start the game and I'm hoping some of the complaints might get a tweaking before I start it.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
HankToms said:
About the good ending:

Notice that when the lightning bolt flashes on the screen, it's shaped like a question mark

Just played the Easy Going mission and got the power up after it...

:O

Amazing. The cutscene accompanying upgrade was even more amazing. Absolutely perfect timing for that sort of cutscene.

Slurmer said:
It's too bad this game doesn't have anything like climbing the junk tower in I1
Or the prison, It's the main reason I can't like I2 as much as the first, the missions and villains weren't as memorable. Bertrand ain't shit compared to Sasha.

element

I hope people are enjoying UGC. I'll be updating the Sucker Punch Picks on Monday. There are some good ones out there and getting better.

Massa

upJTboogie said:
Or the prison, It's the main reason I can't like I2 as much as the first, the missions and villains weren't as memorable. Bertrand ain't shit compared to Sasha.

I thought Nix was almost as annoying as Sasha. :p

CatPee

Net_Wrecker said:
Just played the Easy Going mission and got the power up after it...

Amazing. The cutscene accompanying upgrade was even more amazing. Absolutely perfect timing for that sort of cutscene.

That was probably one of the best bromance scenes I've seen in a video game recently. Few words were said, but lots were conveyed.

Massa said:
I didn't find either annoying really, I'm indifferent to Nix and don't really understand all the hate she gets and Sasha's crazy personality and her missions fighting alongside the reapers were great, I wish she got some sort of reference in the second game.

Ravage

CatPee said:
That was probably one of the best bromance scenes I've seen in a video game recently. Few words were said, but lots were conveyed.

I was thinking the same thing, love that part.

Combichristoffersen

Massa said:

I liked Nix and Sasha, but I'm fucking glad Trish died in I1. What a fucking whiny, annoying cunt.

element said:
I hope people are enjoying UGC. I'll be updating the Sucker Punch Picks on Monday. There are some good ones out there and getting better.

I liked the UGC made by Sucker Punch, but the regular stuff I've played ranges from decent to.. well, pretty awful, really.

Keikoku

Banned
Don't know if it's a bug but I'm really near the end (just got the last blast core) and I don't have any more sidequests to do in the last part of the map. And yet I didn't unlock the "lord of the city" trophy.
It's odd because I do have the ability to see the nearest blast shards on the map by pressing L3. Isn't that supposed to unlock when you do all the sidequests ?
EDIT : nm, I was just missing one of the "picture" sidequest.

Anyway this game is an amazing sequel gameplay-wise but god the story is terrible. I don't remember that much from the original game's plot but it was better than this by far.

Dragon

Banned
Just finished my good run. I might pick it up and do the evil run or might not. Towards the end the civilians were beating up on the Militia and it was annoying trying to kill them. I actually died once because I was trying to avoid hitting them and got hit with an RPG.

I loved this game. I felt like the powers given by the end of the game I could traverse the entire city in a very short period of time.

As far as the ending:
I liked that it was simple and to the point. I do wonder what the bad ending is. I'm tempted to replay it for that alone. Because effectively they've killed off their main character in this good ending. So unless some horrible retconning goes on, I'm not sure what Sucker Punch is going to do if there's a sequel.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
upJTboogie said:
I didn't find either annoying really, I'm indifferent to Nix and don't really understand all the hate she gets and Sasha's crazy personality and her missions fighting alongside the reapers were great, I wish she got some sort of reference in the second game.

I don't understand the Nix hate myself, she lost her whole family and because she has powers the city thugs are after her, so she pretty much had to rely on herself, she didn't have someone like Zeke to help.

TheBranca18 said:
As far as the ending:
I liked that it was simple and to the point. I do wonder what the bad ending is. I'm tempted to replay it for that alone. Because effectively they've killed off their main character in this good ending. So unless some horrible retconning goes on, I'm not sure what Sucker Punch is going to do if there's a sequel.

Well they can do a prequel if they don't wnat to expand upon the Infamous 2 endings

Dyno

Keikoku said:
Don't know if it's a bug but I'm really near the end (just got the last blast core) and I don't have any more sidequests to do in the last part of the map. And yet I didn't unlock the "lord of the city" trophy.
It's odd because I do have the ability to see the nearest blast shards on the map by pressing L3. Isn't that supposed to unlock when you do all the sidequests ?
EDIT : nm, I was just missing one of the "picture" sidequest.

Anyway this game is an amazing sequel gameplay-wise but god the story is terrible. I don't remember that much from the original game's plot but it was better than this by far.

Look for spaces on the map that you haven't cleared - that are still under enemy control. Go to them. Start picking fights with whatever enemy you find. They will drop something and that will start a side quest. You get the Lord trophy when you have pacified all of the city.

Dyno

Finished a hard evil run, cleared the city, found all the blast shards but can't find one stinking bird. UGH! The game has good value though, it's a nice, long single player campaign.

I loved it and though that it was better than the first overall. New Marais was a great city to explore and I thought it had better traversal than Empire.

I also really liked how they broke down Cole into his shooter elements and then gave you lots of variety from there. Fighting was really fun and only a bit frustrating at places.

The story was very good and had a lot of iconic moments. The ending was interesting and really kind of sad in a couple ways.

I hope Sucker Punch does a third. This is a quality series that I'll definately play again some time as a good guy. The UGC might fill in an evening or two as well.

xtwo

Dyno said:
Finished a hard evil run, cleared the city, found all the blast shards but can't find one stinking bird. UGH! The game has good value though, it's a nice, long single player campaign.

I loved it and though that it was better than the first overall. New Marais was a great city to explore and I thought it had better traversal than Empire.

I also really liked how they broke down Cole into his shooter elements and then gave you lots of variety from there. Fighting was really fun and only a bit frustrating at places.

The story was very good and had a lot of iconic moments. The ending was interesting and really kind of sad in a couple ways.

I hope Sucker Punch does a third. This is a quality series that I'll definately play again some time as a good guy. The UGC might fill in an evening or two as well.

go back to very first island where you charged the generator to lower the bridge when you started new game.

Question about the story for those who finished it:

How did the blast shards and cores end up in New Marias, and how did Bertrand get his powers, was there another ray sphere that went off here, did I miss something?

TSAGoodness said:

How did the blast shards and cores end up in New Marias, and how did Bertrand get his powers, was there another ray sphere that went off here, did I miss something?

I think his name is Wolf, the black professor you met at the beginning of the game...his lab blew up, and scattered them across the city.

Yeah it was another Ray Sphere, Nix was in the blast too, and Bertrand was right in the center of the blast.

Combichristoffersen

TSAGoodness said:

Bertrand had another blast sphere which he tried to use to give himself super powers, but all it did was make him turn into a giant bug whenever he got fucking pissed. As for the blast shards and cores, I have no idea.

TSAGoodness said:

Bertrand, like Dr. Wolfe, was part of the First Sons. They had labs and done experiments for conduits in New Marais as well. When Kessler was killed, Bertrand took over the First Sons in New Marais and continued experimenting. He made another ray sphere, and it went off just like the one in the first game. Bertand was in the dead center so he got powers. the blast shards were whatever material that got the radiation from the explosion.

Radec

Power-wise, what side do you guys think is more powerful ?

Hero or Infamous ?

Personally, It's hero for me, that goddamn magnum bolt is pretty imbalance, even on hard.

Radec said:
Power-wise, what side do you guys think is more powerful ?

Hero or Infamous ?

Personally, It's hero for me, that goddamn magnum bolt is pretty imbalance, even on hard.

Problem with being a Hero is you generally worry about damage to civilians, where on Evil you can just blow everything up without worry.

DigiMish

Hey guys, I made a mission centered around platforming. If you missed platforming parts from Infamous 1, check it out.

Click HERE, log in with your PSN id, and then click "Add to Queue". Then just set your mission filter in-game by Queue, and you should see the start marker on the bottom left of the first island, near the mansion.

Radec

DualShadow said:
Problem with being a Hero is you generally worry about damage to civilians, where on Evil you can just blow everything up without worry.

At first I thought it was a problem too, but even if you killed 100 civilians during a mission, just do some good acts and it will outweigh the bad acts easily. Especially if the mission is a Good Side Mission.

Dyno

xtwo said:
go back to very first island where you charged the generator to lower the bridge when you started new game.

THANK YOU good sir! Quite sneaky of them to put one there! I killed around two hours traversing through all four sections of the city looking for it.

I still need around 3,000xp to buy all of the powers that are unlocked. Now I'll just play some UGC to get it. This game is fun enough to max out before putting it down.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Dyno said:
THANK YOU good sir! Quite sneaky of them to put one there! I killed around two hours traversing through all four sections of the city looking for it.
It's not really sneaky when one of the trophies is for going back there.

Massa

Radec said:
At first I thought it was a problem too, but even if you killed 100 civilians during a mission, just do some good acts and it will outweigh the bad acts easily. Especially if the mission is a Good Side Mission.

But that's not how Cole would do it, man.

DigiMish said:
Hey guys, I made a mission centered around platforming. If you missed platforming parts from Infamous 1, check it out.

Click HERE, log in with your PSN id, and then click "Add to Queue". Then just set your mission filter in-game by Queue, and you should see the start marker on the bottom left of the first island, near the mansion.
Added. Will check it out the next time I play.

Top Bottom