• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I was just about to say the same thing. That initial tear drop from the right eye is a stream. So weird.

My mom got surgery recently because her eyes just started randomly leaking like that.

Havel

I was just about to say the same thing. That initial tear drop from the right eye is a stream. So weird.

From Reddit:

People lacrimate at widely differing rates due to factors such as physiology, stimulation, and various emotional states. In this case, the physiology of Knowshon's closed eyelids/eyelashes, as well as that of his puncta/nasolacrimal duct allowed a sudden and robust secretion of tears to build up, spilling out in spectacular fashion once he'd finally opened his eyes. It's possible that the elasticity of his eyelid tissue is such that tears are able to pool within them in unusually high volume, but it's more likely that his eyes were slightly open, and his long eyelashes worked with his tears' natural surface tension to allow a "bulge" of lacrima to be held in suspension before the gap between his eyelids was great enough for gravity to take over.

Yeah, I actually looked for jaggies; they are no where to be found. Believe

ix6teQPK65fLl.jpg

Codeblew

uhhhh am i crazy or are his tears really fucking WEIRD? Like super long and shoot out ?! IS THAT HOW PEOPLE CRY? I dont pay that much attention..but i think this is weird?

I don't think he is crying. Some people just have runny eyes like that. Like the tears are not draining out properly. Your eyes are always producing tears, it is what keeps the eye lubricated, but they are supposed to drain out. Or something.

Edit: Or this:

From Reddit:

People lacrimate at widely differing rates due to factors such as physiology, stimulation, and various emotional states. In this case, the physiology of Knowshon's closed eyelids/eyelashes, as well as that of his puncta/nasolacrimal duct allowed a sudden and robust secretion of tears to build up, spilling out in spectacular fashion once he'd finally opened his eyes. It's possible that the elasticity of his eyelid tissue is such that tears are able to pool within them in unusually high volume, but it's more likely that his eyes were slightly open, and his long eyelashes worked with his tears' natural surface tension to allow a "bulge" of lacrima to be held in suspension before the gap between his eyelids was great enough for gravity to take over.

My eyes tear up when I run in cold weather. It is kind of annoying.

viveks86

BEYOND! I listened to that one too. I think what they said is that when the approached the owner of the Space Needle they just had to ensure that you couldn't kill yourself by jumping off of it. As long as the character lands safely they didn't have a problem with it.

Beyond! I will second this. Though it wasn't as clear as you have paraphrased, it makes the most sense, considering we have already seen footage of people getting very close to the top AND jumping off it.

Dart

uhhhh am i crazy or are his tears really fucking WEIRD? Like super long and shoot out ?! IS THAT HOW PEOPLE CRY? I dont pay that much attention..but i think this is weird?

Right? I can hardly shed a tear & when I do it's usually because of eye irritation.

Also, crying over football?... of all thing.

viveks86

I really wonder how Sony is processing this right now. These shots are clearly unauthorized and disrupt their plan, but this is the best free marketing they could possibly get. I can bet that quite a few on the fence are going to get this game (and possibly a PS4) on day 1, thanks to all these 'leaks'.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I really wonder how Sony is processing this right now. These shots are clearly unauthorized and disrupt their plan, but this is the best free marketing they could possibly get. I can bet that quite a few on the fence are going to get this game (and possibly a PS4) on day 1, thanks to all these 'leaks'.

I don't think they'll be too bothered to be honest. These pictures are being posted everywhere. On VGC forums, on E-mpire, on N4G, every damn where ... by ME! And a few others. These are going to sell consoles.

Lingitiz

I absolutely agree. I just ordered a PS4 after seeing one of the streams last night.

I dont want to look back through this thread, quickly scanned through this page and might have even seen a spoiler. But a quick question for people who got the game from Cheetah...it is the limited edition right...and is the coles legacy dlc available to download right now

I don't think these shots bother them as much as potential power/story/side-mission leaks.

I've long advocated that Sony should had marketed inFamous SS this way anyway. They've relied so much on high-action sequence gameplay footage with very little footage of the actual cityscape that if you're not familiar with the franchise... it may actually elude some people to the fact that this is an open-world game.

viveks86

I don't think these shots bother them as much as potential power/story/side-mission leaks.
I don't think they'll be too bothered to be honest. These pictures are being posted everywhere. On VGC forums, on E-mpire, on N4G, every damn where ... by ME! And a few others. These are going to sell consoles.

They were bothered in the morning. I posted this today, and it's GONE!

Alright guys. A new set of direct feed screenshots from an early player is upon us. There are no spoilers in it. But I'm not embedding them in here, just in case. Will embed them if everyone is comfortable with it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Infamous-Second-Son-My-review-and-new-pictures/td-p/43139798

Downgrade…NOT!

But things are getting a bit out of hand now. As you said, it's impossible to control this flood. As long as major stuff isn't getting spoiled, they should just enjoy this free publicity!

But things are getting a bit out of hand now. As you said, it's impossible to control this flood. As long as major stuff isn't getting spoiled, they should just enjoy this free publicity!

The problem is that they can kill off streams, videos and pictures leaked, but they can't exactly keep mouths shut. There'll be guys posting on forums or places about the story/powers/side-mission in a matter of days.

Sony needs to hire a bunch of astroturfers to basically go and spread false rumours about the power/mission/story at this stage if they want to avoid real spoilers from coming out... by releasing fake spoilers lol.

viveks86

Yo what power is on display there? That doesn't look like Smoke or Neon!

It's smoke.

The problem is that they can kill off streams, videos and pictures leaked, but they can't exactly keep mouths shut. There'll be guys posting on forums or places about the story/powers/side-mission in a matter of days.

Sony needs to hire a bunch of astroturfers to basically go and spread false rumours about the power/mission/story at this stage if they want to avoid real spoilers from coming out... by releasing fake spoilers lol.

LOL

BEYOND! I listened to that one too. I think what they said is that when the approached the owner of the Space Needle they just had to ensure that you couldn't kill yourself by jumping off of it. As long as the character lands safely they didn't have a problem with it.

BEYOND!

Yeah, very weird and sorta creepy.

This is the first game that truly breaks the mold and crosses fully into next-gen territory.

There is nothing last gen about what we are seeing here, The game has insane graphics. What makes them even more amazing is the open world nature of this title.

also, another question for people getting it tomorrow from cheetah...has your tracking updated at all today. All I know is mine left Maryland yesterday...and thats it lol. Hopefully still gets here tomorrow

Teletraan1

Banned

I was going to get the game a long time ago, I cooled on it because I really didn't like the first 2 infamous games all that much. I was bored and entered this thread, saw those pics and I am about to pull the trigger on it again. These screens from a share button do more to sell me on the game than their entire advertising campaign did. The commercials running on 720p broadcast television don't do this game justice at all. Their plan sucks unless this was their plan all along.

THIS GAME.

ibjKeeGBjEGIt9.jpg

Hey man, have you tried this method?
Pretty sure this has been said previously but I'l reiterate it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

If you want to take the screenshots directly from the PS4 without using Facebook or Twitter:

Download the Playstation app onto your smartphone from the Play Store/App Store

Create a new PSN ID specifically for the app.

Friend request your new ID to the current one on the Playstation

Then use the PS4 to send the screenshots via a message from your PS4 account to the one on the smartphone

Then there's an option to save the image when you view it on the smartphone, do that

Then simply plug the phone into your PC/Mac and just grab the images from the phone

It's simple to do but the images are still slightly compressed. Until Sony patch a copy to USB function this is the only way you're going to get semi-decent images without a capture card (to my knowledge anyway).

Anyway, here's a KZ grab and two AC4 ones using the above method

iKoCH70qN7ag1.jpg

ibrHYzAA8jv44H.jpg

ibtJwqt8xsNaVb.jpg

For those that have it early/watched streams, is the lack of sound that horrible?

The thought of pedestrians making no noise is strange.

The make noise. They shout and scream things when you're around. At least, that's what I've witnessed when watching the streams. The sounds in the game sound infinitely better than the previous games.

Fletcher

Is it wrong that I have never really liked any of the Infamous games, but am buying this game on tuesday and pretty excited for it just because it looks amazing?

viveks86

I was going to get the game a long time ago, I cooled on it because I really didn't like the first 2 infamous games all that much. I was bored and entered this thread, saw those pics and I am about to pull the trigger on it again. These screens from a share button do more to sell me on the game than their entire advertising campaign did. The commercials running on 720p broadcast television don't do this game justice at all. Their plan sucks unless this was their plan all along.

Haha! Quick! Lets find out if Cheetah Express is a shell company owned by Sony! ;)

TMC

also, another question for people getting it tomorrow from cheetah...has your tracking updated at all today. All I know is mine left Maryland yesterday...and thats it lol. Hopefully still gets here tomorrow

I'm on track to get mine on Monday, but mine has not updated at all today.

Is it wrong that I have never really liked any of the Infamous games, but am buying this game on tuesday and pretty excited for it just because it looks amazing?
This is my first Infamous game. I used to be a Microsoft/Xbox guy but when Next Gen came calling, I went to Sony for exclusives like this. Plus I was sick of Microsoft's methods.

But I'll save that for another thread.

Yes. Mine updated to say it processed through the Harrisburg facility.

iFRs9hmGCElvs.jpg

The make noise. They shout and scream things when you're around. At least, that's what I've witnessed when watching the streams. The sounds in the game sound infinitely better than the previous games.

wow, really hyped in that case.

Hope somewhere breaks the street date in Australia, I'm dying to get it before Friday.

Top Bottom