• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

ph00p

Banned
Not sure if this was already posted but the PCM audio of this game is extremely low, I have to turn my receiver to -11.5db with ONLY this game to get a soundtrack out of it that I'd get out of my other games. Even after switching the audio from TV Speakers to Home Theater, it's still an issue.

LiK

Not sure if this was already posted but the PCM audio of this game is extremely low, I have to turn my receiver to -11.5db with ONLY this game to get a soundtrack out of it that I'd get out of my other games. Even after switching the audio from TV Speakers to Home Theater, it's still an issue.
Yea, I had to raise the volume on my receiver higher than normal for this game as well.

HigXx

Completed my first playthrough on Normal playing as Good

Just started my Evil Expert playthrough and I am having so much more fun

matmanx1

I just got my PS4 last week and this is the first game I bought for it. I haven't commented much because it's been a busy week and because this is one of those games that I'd rather play than talk about. It looks incredible and it is just plain fun to play.

I play it, it feels good to play, I have fun and grin a lot, and then I want to play more. If that's not the hallmark of a great game then I don't know what is.

kaskade

I was thinking it would be a bit more fun that way. Good, I feel I have to be so careful for example shooting people in the legs with neon. I just want to blast people in the head. But it is pretty cool having girls fall in love by my mere presence.

Mrcapcom

Yea you have to walk on egg shells as the hero everything could be bad karma and mess you up.

Evil Playthrough I just do w/e I want on top of building comet down hit civs or blow up everything not worrying about if your meter goes down.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
BTW was it only me or
did anyone else also tried to demolish the first boss (when you run into Augustine and she taunts you about your new found powers), with smoke only and didn't use neon? I tried killing him 4-5 times before succeeding and was gravely disappointed to not have received a trophy for such a feat.

Nope, I did the same thing. And yeah, I was disappointed too.

LiK

That's pretty much the inFamous formula but I do like some Good side powers a bit more than Evil. But yea, anyone going with playing for the Expert trophy should just go Evil to avoid worrying about collateral damage.

Certinty

Playing on easy and have just reached the second island without dying, might as well try and complete the game without dying now.

The game seems so much better on evil though, you can really just go mad and do whatever.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yea you have to walk on egg shells as the hero everything could be bad karma and mess you up.

Evil Playthrough I just do w/e I want on top of building comet down hit civs or blow up everything not worrying about if your meter goes down.

Countless karmic streaks ruined by accidently shooting someone in the midsection or executing someone before I knew they were surrendering. I enjoyed the game but I can't wait to go back through on Evil. I get the feeling it will be so much better.

I do understand why you don't get concrete until the game is over because that power is OP as hell in combat situations even without a karma bomb.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
This game is so much harder on evil. Neon is borderline useless without slo mo, and without the ability to recover health from kills you have to run away from the action a lot more. Also it's waaaaaay harder to build up a karmic streak on evil because of the timer. On good it's super easy to build up your streak taking as much time as you like. You're not going to mess up a streak on good unless you do something stupid. Way harder to get that streak on evil.

God I hate the third power. On a good play through at least. The second power is better in every possible way. From offense (and karma bomb building) to traversal to its karma bomb.

It should have been the second power so it got better as you went along.

LiK

I really like the third power. Traversal up buildings is super fast once you level it up and the rapid fire is great. I just wish it was as easy to drain sources from as smoke and neon.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
God I hate the third power. On a good play through at least. The second power is better in every possible way. From offense (and karma bomb building) to traversal to its karma bomb.

It should have been the second power so it got better as you went along.

I felt that way at first but the third power grew on me. Also there's no doubt that traversal is better with the third power.

Grisby

I thought the third power was OP. Was good on my playthrough and all you had to do was
stealth, takedown, and
use karma bomb

I felt that way at first but the third power grew on me. Also there's no doubt that traversal is better with the third power.

Can't agree with that.
endless run automatically makes it much, much better. Video is quicker but you can only upgrade it to do it twice. Getstuck in between two building too far away and you're dropping all the way to the ground to get it back again

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Am I an inept gamer or is it impossible to climb the space needle completely unless it is involved in the story?

Nope, you're spot on. The only way to climb it outside of the mission it's involved in is to use an unintentional power exploit, and even then, it's not meant to be stood on.

Nope, you're spot on. The only way to climb it outside of the mission it's involved in is to use an unintentional power exploit, and even then, it's not meant to be stood on.

It's actually annoying that you can't because it's the only invisible wall in the game and it makes no sense.

Edit: ahh, not allowed to jump off it. That does make sense then if it's an agreement. They could have handled it better though.

Tabular

Banned
ampiNLE.jpg

Got my plat! First one on PS4.

I expect to get my first soon too in this game. I usually ignore the trophies but this platinum is more straight forward to get and the game is just so fun to tool around with.

WJD

Just got the sign twirling guys and the musicians to go until my plat and I can't find them anywhere. Plus the fact half of my kills on the twirlers don't seem to count.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just got the sign twirling guys and the musicians to go until my plat and I can't find them anywhere. Plus the fact half of my kills on the twirlers don't seem to count.
There's a lot in the waterfront area of the first island and they respawn pretty quickly so they're easily farmable. Make sure you kill the twirlers from afar before they drop their sign so it counts.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I had the same problem since I was flying around and spotting one once every 5 minutes. After you kill one, save, and reload your game and the game world spawns one fairly close.

Zephyrus

Banned
Can't agree with that.
endless run automatically makes it much, much better. Video is quicker but you can only upgrade it to do it twice. Getstuck in between two building too far away and you're dropping all the way to the ground to get it back again

then you upgrade the ability to float longer.

The 3rd power has the best traversal skill. Neon is still the best looking.

dab0ne

There's a lot in the waterfront area of the first island and they respawn pretty quickly so they're easily farmable. Make sure you kill the twirlers from afar before they drop their sign so it counts.

Yeah, what worked best for me seemed to be getting my super power fully maxed then shooting them with neon so they would be obliterated. It's also really cool because there's a civilian chain reaction of obliteration to those unfortunate enough to be close by. He he he.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Finally got a chance to play this game now. Visuals are absolutely insane, cutscenes are such a huge leap up from previous titles too. Just all round wow factor.

I find myself barely progressing in the game because I'm just gawking at shit. Reflecting the low sun off of puddles, looking at floor textures. New-gen feels good, mang. Feels real good.

first time i play an inFamous game, really enjoying it. only thing funky is how you get stuck on the geometry sometimes but the Smoke Dash move usually gets you out.

Aurarian

Hey guys, finished my evil playthrough just a few moments ago and got my Platinum. When does the paper trail stuff update if anyone knows?

Top Bottom