• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

-griffy-

Banned
Can't agree with that.
endless run automatically makes it much, much better. Video is quicker but you can only upgrade it to do it twice. Getstuck in between two building too far away and you're dropping all the way to the ground to get it back again

That situation would be worse with neon, because after you lose vertical momentum you just go straight down. Third power propels you forward at a higher velocity and its hover power is better at keeping momentum going by virtue of being able to build speed.

Raptor

20% on my Evil Expert run, Im not rushing it but since I know exactly what to and where is everything I finding this way easier than I thought.

Level 3 Evil now, Evil powers are way cooler than Good ones IMO, feels punchier and more satisfying.

Finding sign twirlers is infuriating!

After that, I just have to finish the story as evil and on expert (halfway on that) and this will be my first platinum. :)

I found it harder in expert. I was breezing through on normal, but I'm dying a lot now. I won't bother taking out DUP sites unless I need to.

Also, anyone slightly concerned with the racial overtones of the Akulan? Just kind of felt like I was beating up a bunch of Middle Eastern people but it was "justified" because they were bullies. :/

Great game though. First I've ever bothered the platinum -- thank god for no online bullshit -- and the first in a long time I've played again immediately after finishing.

And again, I didn't like the first two. :eek:

NeeL

Neo Member
Hey guys, need a little help. This is about the Blinded trophy for destroying all DUP security cameras. If I understood correctly, this is not for the camera side missions, but the ones that sounds alarm when you're near. So, I beat every possible side quests but didn't have this trophy. I run around the city for like 20 or 30 minutes and didn't find any security cameras (judging on the mini map's pictograms). So, is there any solution for this?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hey guys, need a little help. This is about the Blinded trophy for destroying all DUP security cameras. If I understood correctly, this is not for the camera side missions, but the ones that sounds alarm when you're near. So, I beat every possible side quests but didn't have this trophy. I run around the city for like 20 or 30 minutes and didn't find any security cameras (judging on the mini map's pictograms). So, is there any solution for this?
Have you done all the side missions? The map icon for a mission may be covering the camera icon.

Just finished evil (first plat for me too!) and had so much fun. That third power really came through this time around - didn't use it much as hero but damn it's fucking incredible when playing as evil. My favorite by far. Neon was my go-to power when playing good (as seems to be the case for many in this thread) but ended up not using it much this time around. The balance of the powers feels pretty solid depending on play style; I've used all extensively between my two playthroughs. I like smoke a lot as well, works very well when playing either side. Dash takedown is godly.

So...I'm in the middle of playing the game, and right after a cutscene ended it went to a screen that just says it's "downloading game data" and that it'll take about two hours.

...What the hell? I just downloaded and installed the game today. Did it not download the full game?

How you get a comet punch trophy? I go to the second highest skyscraper to do it. Not high enough?

I went to the Skyscraper
The one where the final fight takes place
and dropped all the way from the top.

The game is my first PS4 platinum, third overall and I can definitely say, it's friggen amazing. Part of me hopes there's a new inFamous in the works, but I'd also love a new IP. So conflicted.

Gold Member
So...I'm in the middle of playing the game, and right after a cutscene ended it went to a screen that just says it's "downloading game data" and that it'll take about two hours.

...What the hell? I just downloaded and installed the game today. Did it not download the full game?

Probably just the first part of it, it's supposed to background download the rest while you play...supposed to :(

How you get a comet punch trophy? I go to the second highest skyscraper to do it. Not high enough?

Go to the final boss building, climb to the top and use the satellite to boost up higher, fly out a bit using circle so you are over the road and comet drop all the way down ;)

Probably just the first part of it, it's supposed to background download the rest while you play...supposed to :(

Go to the final boss building, climb to the top and use the satellite to boost up higher, fly out a bit using circle so you are over the road and comet drop all the way down ;)

Yeah, i was at the first hand scanner part if that makes sense. It just seems sorta misleading that I wasn't told I wasn't downloading the full game at one time. Unless I was and I'm just stupid.

Gold Member
Yeah, i was at the first hand scanner part if that makes sense. It just seems sorta misleading that I wasn't told I wasn't downloading the full game at one time. Unless I was and I'm just stupid.
Lol, I don't think your alone there mate. Some others in this thread have been thrown by the small download size and background download. I haven't bought a full game from the store yet so I can't be much help I'm afraid, but I assume it just downloads as much as you need to get started and then carries on with the rest. I guess you must have been playing faster than it was downloading or something.

It does download the full game at once, it's just that you can start playing after it has downloaded about 5.5 gb of the full 21 or so. If you finish the part up until you get in to Seattle before your connection has managed to get the full game downloaded you will need to wait (apparently) until it's all finished

Fbh

I finally started doing the paper trail missions (for some reason I ignored them the first time).

They are quite fun, I allways like those "find clues" kind of web games so it's a nice little bonus.

But if it doesn't end with some awesome paper powers I will be dissapointed.
I actually like that concept more than the one of the third and fourth powers.

Gold Member
I finally started doing the paper trail missions (for some reason I ignored them the first time).

They are quite fun, I allways like those "find clues" kind of web games so it's a nice little bonus.

But if it doesn't end with some awesome paper powers I will be dissapointed.
I actually like that concept more than the one of the third and fourth powers.
They are fun IMO, they have at least put some thought into them which is nice.
Not sure if I'd want that fifth power though unless they could patch in a new game + where you could use it from the beginning. The fourth is already pretty redundant.

For some reason Cole's Legacy still hasn't appeared on my map and I'm about to fight
Augustine on the channel 6 tower.
does it happen later or something? I inputted and downloaded the content before putting in Infamous if that helps troubleshooting.

For some reason Cole's Legacy still hasn't appeared on my map and I'm about to fight
Augustine on the channel 6 tower.
does it happen later or something? I inputted and downloaded the content before putting in Infamous if that helps troubleshooting.

It was showing up on mine play through well before I got to the end. That is pretty odd.

Starting my evil playthrough

Kda9grTh.jpg

It may not be quite as useful going blindly from point a to point b on the ground, but overall it's the fastest and has the most utility out of the four. Did you use neon or the third power to
chase Hank from rooftop to rooftop
?

I used the third power. Both good and bad. I think for some reason it was already set to that.

I still hate the awkward slow floating you occasionally get stuck in that you don't have to worryabout with the second power .

Hey guys in order to qualify for the expert difficulty trophy do you just set the difficulty to expert on say a previous playthru then start-up a new game with said set difficulty seeing as though there is no menu nor difficulty option set at the outset? Just want to make sure I dont miss the trophy after a complete playthru.

Qasiel

Hey guys in order to qualify for the expert difficulty trophy do you just set the difficulty to expert on say a previous playthru then start-up a new game with said set difficulty seeing as though there is no menu nor difficulty option set at the outset? Just want to make sure I dont miss the trophy after a complete playthru.

Just start a new game and as soon as you take control of Delsin, hit Options and you can change the difficulty in there. I'm pretty sure you need to do this before you reach the longhouse in order for the trophy to pop.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hoooooly shit at the evil ending.

lmao WOW I thought he'd just get pissed at getting shut out from the longhouse...not THAT pissed though. Shiiiiiitttt.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
alright.
on my evil run.

The upgrade for the comet drop where you instant kill an enemy when you hit him directly with it. It says any enemy. But it doesnt seem to work with they concrete guys with the gatling gun?!
So does it only work for the weaker enemies?

Typomancer

Neo Member
So I am at the final boss, I think, and I believe I have experienced a glitch.
I went to drain a TV and Augustine just totally disappeared. I’m now in the giant chamber of the News tower and it’s just me inside and angels flying around outside. What to do? Anyway to restart the fight?

crispyben

So I am at the final boss, I think, and I believe I have experienced a glitch.
I went to drain a TV and Augustine just totally disappeared. I’m now in the giant chamber of the News tower and it’s just me inside and angels flying around outside. What to do? Anyway to restart the fight?
The game creates two autosaves that allow you to go back in time, I believe.

Aucool

Just completed the game for the first time with good karma and it was awesome, but I've a question for who completed it as a bad guy:

Reggie dies even in your adventure?

crispyben

On the map, do all districts say that they don't have any cameras left (in the list, not icons on the map)? What happened to me was that I initiated the sequence of events that led to the final boss battle in the middle of clearing a district, and it had the effect of removing all icons from said district until I had completed the story. Maybe it's the same for you?

I kinda understand the 8 scores tbh. The game is great, but it's basically Infamous v2.5

The game doesn't offer anything new except the amazing graphics. Probably the best I've ever seen on consoles.

Agreed. I'm at what I suppose is the final battle now, so it should be safe to pass judgment. I'm not knocking off points because it doesn't have 'nextgen gameplay'; spray can control with sound effects coming out of the controller already checks that box (/sarcasm), but I feel like they can and should do more with the powers, as well the open world (but not GTA stuff).

All in all though, the feeling of traversal, graphical fidelity and effects are totally worth the nextgen label, and the game kept me hooked just by the main missions alone, I haven't done any side exploration or missions yet.

Sorc3r3r

I think it's a step down from infamous 2 on the variety of enemies and encounters.

It's lacks content compared to the previous games. I agree with the lower scores. They refined the mechanics and it looks gorgeous but that can only do so much.

Yes and yes.

Just finished and these are my same conclusions on the game.
Was expecting more, lacks epicness,the enemies are mostly boring and where are my giant foes?
In the end seems a super safe infamous, aimed to get safe reviews.

Polishing the concept and the mechanics is always good, but here in my opinion SP went too defensive.

A 7.5 game and a step back from I2.

Same happened to KSF, maybe the both teams were too focused on the graphic side and left behind actual content of the game?

Top Bottom