• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

VanWinkle

I beat the game! Woo! Had about an hour or an hour and a half left for a week or so now, but I finally dedicated myself to beating it.

SUCH a great game. Fantastic. Good playthrough. Will possibly play evil but not 100% sure. Don't know if my lil' heart can make some of those decisions.

JoRo

I beat the game! Woo! Had about an hour or an hour and a half left for a week or so now, but I finally dedicated myself to beating it.

SUCH a great game. Fantastic. Good playthrough. Will possibly play evil but not 100% sure. Don't know if my lil' heart can make some of those decisions.

I just beat it on my "Good" playthrough, too, and have to agree. This is such a fantastic game. Definitely worth getting a PS4 for in my opinion. The graphics, story, powers, everything is just awesome. It was also cool that
you get 4 total powers. I thought neon and smoke were gonna be it, so when I saw video and concrete, I was freaking out, lol. Though I was hoping to get that concrete power the enemies use that launch them into the air. Instead Delsin just gets a boost straight up and doesn't look as cool.
You can tell a lot of effort and TLC was put into this game. Big kudos to SuckerPunch. Now time to be evil...

NeoRausch

man I'm stuck in paper trail 2
opened the DUP Intranet, entered the number from the dove, got a file, found another number and another dove, connected the dots...
now what?

man I'm stuck in paper trail 2
opened the DUP Intranet, entered the number from the dove, got a file, found another number and another dove, connected the dots...
now what?

Unlock the phone. Using the security key FOB and adding 3 to each digit to whatever the code is present at that time.

Sorian

Banned
thanks!
how is one supposed to figure the 'add three to each number'-thing out?

Did you actually read the files?

and stop saying the poster had a hint. The three message on the poster has to do with something else entirely.

WJD

Evil ending spoilers:

The motivations for that karma bomb made no sense whatsoever. Sure, he was an irredeemable dick, but just to straight up blow Betty the fuck up because she was pissed at him killing people is ridiculous and just felt like a giant leap to me.

It's a shame because I'd really like and evil ending with Delsin fucking shit up just 'cause to be canon for the next game, then bring Cole back from the dead in true comic book style and have him take on Delsin and his merry band of conduits.

Shadownet

Banned
Evil ending spoilers:

The motivations for that karma bomb made no sense whatsoever. Sure, he was in irredeemable dick, but just to straight up blow Betty the fuck up because she was pissed at him killing people is ridiculous and just felt like a giant leap to me.

It's a shame because I'd really like and evil ending with Delsin fucking shit up just 'cause to be canon for the next game, then bring Cole back from the dead in true comic book style and have him take on Delsin and his merry band of conduits.

When you're evil, sometimes you don't really need a reason to make sense of anything.

But if you want one. Maybe it's because at this point he feel like he's already the top dog, if you reject him or hurt him in any way. He's not going to give you a second though and kill you. At least that's what I thought of it.

fernoca

Quick question:
Do you get a trophy right after defeating
the lava/boss, and then redeem Eugene?
Was expecting a trophy like the previous power, but nothing. Don't know if it's normal or glitched?

Just finished the game with good karma. Had a lot of fun with it. 100% the city as well. All i got left is Paper Trail and the Cole DLC stuff. Will finish that up and then hold off on a evil play trough till that patch comes out.

Got to say it got a little frustrating towards the end. Not that I mind hard games, i like when games are hard. I don't like when a game ramps up it's difficulty the cheap way like this games does. Just more health on the bad guys and they hit harder.

Writing was all over the place
Fetch, Eugene, and most of Delsons
dialog was very unlikable. Reggie and Augustine on the other hand were both well done. Even liked the little dialog between Delson and the DUP women you call to start a uprising.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I have a question and I don't want to sound like an idiot but how many difficult settings are there? Is it easy, normal and expert? I'm in my second play through and I am on expert and was wondering if expert is another word for easy in the game or not.

Reason I ask this is because I beat Eugene and fetch pretty easily and even those huge rock linebackers that rush you I beat with ease.

I hope there isn't a glitch or anything I want to get a platinum. Hopefully

Majmun

I kinda understand the 8 scores tbh. The game is great, but it's basically Infamous v2.5

The game doesn't offer anything new except the amazing graphics. Probably the best I've ever seen on consoles.

Violater

I kinda understand the 8 scores tbh. The game is great, but it's basically Infamous v2.5

The game doesn't offer anything new except the amazing graphics. Probably the best I've ever seen on consoles.
I think it's a step down from infamous 2 on the variety of enemies and encounters.

One of the security cameras I zoomed in on has a serial number that
was the same as the fob key in the Paper Trail crime scene photo
O_O

LiK

I have a question and I don't want to sound like an idiot but how many difficult settings are there? Is it easy, normal and expert? I'm in my second play through and I am on expert and was wondering if expert is another word for easy in the game or not.

Reason I ask this is because I beat Eugene and fetch pretty easily and even those huge rock linebackers that rush you I beat with ease.

I hope there isn't a glitch or anything I want to get a platinum. Hopefully

Can't really tell the difference. Maybe they hit a lil harder you take a lil more damage.

It's lacks content compared to the previous games. I agree with the lower scores. They refined the mechanics and it looks gorgeous but that can only do so much.

Toadette

Banned
there is things on my map that are not side missions

why is the map telling me there is a drug deals going down or a street musician nearby ? so i need to get rid of them ?

Ive just gotten my 3rd power just so know where i am

the cutscenes in the game look like real people 0_O just amazing

LiK

there is things on my map that are not side missions

why is the map telling me there is a drug deals going down or a street musician nearby ? so i need to get rid of them ?

Ive just gotten my 3rd power just so know where i am

the cutscenes in the game look like real people 0_O just amazing

They're just karma missions.

LiK

ok so i know i stop the drug dealers (i don't want no druggies in my town) , what do i do with the musicians many thanks in advance

Just ignore them. They're random and will go away. If you want Evil karma or the trophy, you can kill them.

then you upgrade the ability to float longer.

The 3rd power has the best traversal skill. Neon is still the best looking.

I fully upgraded everything in the game.

Put it this way. When I was looking for the final musicians and sign spinners I would use the 2nd powers traversal and simply hold down circle to zoom around the city while waiting for them to respawn. I wasn't even looking at the world, just the map on its own. You can't do that with the third powers. It's too restrctive.

Andrew.

Banned
Im pickin up a PS4 in a week, mostly for this game but I have a quick question:

How do I go about installing the patches (or just patches in general on the system) since I know some people were having some issues getting it installed? When you initially pop the disc in, the patch doesnt install right? It's something that you have to restart the system for? It sounds weird, but I just wanna make sure I get it proper.

LiK

Im pickin up a PS4 in a week, mostly for this game but I have a quick question:

How do I go about installing the patches (or just patches in general on the system) since I know some people were having some issues getting it installed? When you initially pop the disc in, the patch doesnt install right? It's something that you have to restart the system for? It sounds weird, but I just wanna make sure I get it proper.

The game will install and will also download the patch. Just wait for them to install. The notifications section will keep you aware of it.

LX_Theo

Banned
Got to say it got a little frustrating towards the end. Not that I mind hard games, i like when games are hard. I don't like when a game ramps up it's difficulty the cheap way like this games does. Just more health on the bad guys and they hit harder.
Did we even play the same game?

I mean i'm not saying it got hard just frustrating. Like the later DUB take over points. It turn into run in a shoot then run away for health regen.

I had the opposite, taking over DUP points was a frustrating game of run-shoot-run with the smoke powers, after getting the neon powers they were breeze. That slow-mo ads that would instantly refill after leaving neon run mixed with shooting at the legs for takedowns.

Certinty

Finally got the platinum.

Played my second playthrough on easy thinking it wouldn't be too easy if I didn't upgrade any of my powers and guess what? Even without upgrading a single power (besides the forced ones the game makes you upgrade) I completed the game without dying a single time. So much for difficulty levels, even expert was a breeze.

I fully upgraded everything in the game.

Put it this way. When I was looking for the final musicians and sign spinners I would use the 2nd powers traversal and simply hold down circle to zoom around the city while waiting for them to respawn. I wasn't even looking at the world, just the map on its own. You can't do that with the third powers. It's too restrctive.
It may not be quite as useful going blindly from point a to point b on the ground, but overall it's the fastest and has the most utility out of the four. Did you use neon or the third power to
chase Hank from rooftop to rooftop
?

LiK

Finally got the platinum.

Played my second playthrough on easy thinking it wouldn't be too easy if I didn't upgrade any of my powers and guess what? Even without upgrading a single power (besides the forced ones the game makes you upgrade) I completed the game without dying a single time. So much for difficulty levels, even expert was a breeze.

Expert is a joke. I only upgraded a few things and made it through fine. I basically did a speedrun on Evil. Finished it in about 5 hours.

hydruxo

I found Normal to be harder than Expert, but that was probably just because I was still getting a hang of the mechanics. That being said, Expert really doesn't bring anything new to the table. Sure you lose health a little faster but you basically still have to play the same way you did on Normal: always moving and keeping your distance to avoid taking too much damage.

T.O.P

Banned
Welp finished Evil on Expert and i think i'm out, i kinda got bored halfway through my second run and going back is out of the question

Wish they added some extra thing for the endgame or at least give something different to do

Top Bottom