• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

duckroll said:
There are no "baiters", many tri-Ace fans really just can't stand crappy Tales games. If you find that offensive, don't post in a tri-Ace thread. You'll get run out of it. That's the law of the land.

so if i go to another thread, say the tales one for example, and frequently throw out how much i think tri-ace sucks in my posts, that's okay?

i just wanna make sure!

the sad part about even discussing this is that i'm more excited for IU :/

duckroll

WickedLaharl said:
so if i go to another thread, say the tales one for example, and frequently throw out how much i think tri-ace sucks in my posts, that's okay?

If everyone else in the thread is fine with it, sure. It's no different from how people bash the graphics of all other RPGs in FFXIII threads. :lol

I'm just saying, this is a IU thread filled with tri-Ace fans, it's expected that there'll be a number of people who are pretty much anti-Tales, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not like they're going into the ToV thread and shitting it up.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I know its not the exact same type of RPG but I stretched out Mass Effect to about 30 hours by doing just about every side quest. I felt pretty satisfied when I beat it. FFX was shorter was about 35 hours long when I beat it (didn't do the ultimate weapon quest, dodging 100 lighting bolts = no). If I cant get about 30 hours out of IU and feel satisfied with the experience then thats all I care about.

Quazar

duckroll said:
If we start banning sites for shitty reviews, we'll have to ban every single site out there, including weekly Famitsu threads. :)

I meant more for the exclusive review. I mean just saying exclusive review is all kinds of fucked up.

duckroll

Quazar said:
I meant more for the exclusive review. I mean just saying exclusive review is all kinds of fucked up.

I don't know what that's about. Do you have any details, or are we just guessing?

Quazar

duckroll said:
I don't know what that's about. Do you have any details, or are we just guessing?

Guessing. I mean on 1up yours they said Tuesday or Wednesday and here we are in Friday and nothing? But perhaps 1up is playing the shit out of it. But still out of all those sites out there and nothing?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm telling you guys, IGN got the exclusive. Hilary said the embargo was supposed to be lifted on Friday, but SE gave the go ahead to IGN for Wednesday... for whatever reason.

Firestorm

25 hours is good. I hate long games. I'm sort of sad that I've lost interest in GTAIV about 12 hours in. I really hate not finishing games but I don't think I can bring myself to play it anymore. Games need to end when they're unwanted.

duckroll said:
If everyone else in the thread is fine with it, sure. It's no different from how people bash the graphics of all other RPGs in FFXIII threads. :lol

I'm just saying, this is a IU thread filled with tri-Ace fans, it's expected that there'll be a number of people who are pretty much anti-Tales, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not like they're going into the ToV thread and shitting it up.

okay great, whatever.

but when someone shits on a game(s) you enjoy do expect them not to respond?

because that is all i've done here.

i didn't start the "omg this review sucks ima buy another game" shit that started this. i tried to make a review thread for those posts dammit! :<

duckroll

WickedLaharl said:
okay great, whatever.

but when someone shits on a game(s) you enjoy do expect them not to respond?

because that is all i've done here.

i didn't start the "omg this review sucks ima buy another game" shit that started this. i tried to make a review thread for those posts dammit! :<

Don't take it too seriously, I'm just cheering on the tri-Ace fans. :)

It's good to have strong rivalry between tri-Ace and Tales Studio supporters, after all it's tradition!

Error said:
I'm telling you guys, IGN got the exclusive. Hilary said the embargo was supposed to be lifted on Friday, but SE gave the go ahead to IGN for Wednesday... for whatever reason.

"Exclusive" reviews is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This crap is getting worse and worse. :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm just saying... the whole ign got the 'exclusive' is me speculating. but really look at it, aside from ign what other site has reviewed the game? maybe SE gave it to them and it backfired.

KTallguy

Banned
Error said:
I'm just saying... the whole ign got the 'exclusive' is me speculating. but really look at it, aside from ign what other site has reviewed the game? maybe SE gave it to them and it backfired.

Happens all the time.

And 25 hours is a great length.

I can't stand super long rpgs that pad their limited content with petty bullshit.

Volcynika

Just saw the ad on TV earlier, and by saw I mean "I heard a commercial end with the words Infinite Undiscovery as I was playing TF2."

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Anybody notice how Hilary completely contradicts him-self at the beginning and the end of the video review? At the beginning of the review he says "Infinite Undiscovery is pretty much just a mediocre RPG. It's pretty much just middle of the road and follows a lot of the same conventions we've seen for a long time..." and the first thing he brings up is the story. But then at the end he says "Infinite Undiscovery isn't a terrible game. In fact, it's enjoyable, I actually liked the story, it's pretty good and the best of it is that tri-Ace didn't rely on the tried and true RPG formula..."

Make up your mind man. :\

batbeg

KTallguy said:
They like the "DANCING RHAPSODY" over there in Japan :lol

Good people, those guys at Famitsu :D

I want a new review already :( I hope if the embargo is truly up today that we get some more.

duckroll

The new trailer is up in HD on the JP XBL Marketplace. Looks pretty good. I think I've gotten used to the terrible and choppy framerate by now, but it's still so disappointing. The cutscene where the people are running away in the palace or whatever looks like it would fit right in any Bioware game. :(

goldenpp72

jj984jj said:
Anybody notice how Hilary completely contradicts him-self at the beginning and the end of the video review? At the beginning of the review he says "Infinite Undiscovery is pretty much just a mediocre RPG. It's pretty much just middle of the road and follows a lot of the same conventions we've seen for a long time..." and the first thing he brings up is the story. But then at the end he says "Infinite Undiscovery isn't a terrible game. In fact, it's enjoyable, I actually liked the story, it's pretty good and the best of it is that tri-Ace didn't rely on the tried and true RPG formula..."

Make up your mind man. :\

he was making a play on undiscovering you fool!

batbeg

Blah. The person on gamefaqs said save points are pretty few and far between :( My 360 has some pretty annoying DREs and this could ultimately suck if it decides it doesn't like the discs.

Vito

Banned
Argh, should I buy a copy from UK or US :/ Does anyone know if bestbuy's preorder bonus is the same as everywhere else since they have a special foil packaging listed for $5?

Top Bottom