• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

Aeon712 said:
I finally broke down and decided getting this game was the right thing to do even if I didn't have to play it till after Disgaea 3. Then I remembered Transformers Blu Ray and New Avengers come out tomorrow also :(.

I'd rather play Infinite Undiscovery
and submerge my head in molten lava
than watch Transformers again.

Synless

Man do I want this, what other RPG's are coming out on 360 or PS3 in the next two or three months? I can only get a few odds and ends games besides the ones on the list I've made for all the big hitters. It's either this or Vesperia.....even though I'm not much of a tales fan.

navi001

Neo Member
Basch said:
I just preordered the game at Best Buy. Hope it's good. I need to start plowing through Blue Dragon. Anyways, apparently, some guy got their copy of the Euro version early. They included pictures and stuff to prove it. Enjoy. :D

Inside Case

Looks like the two disk stack on top of each other. ; ;

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I've seen vids of the english build of IU and the voices are totally fine. in fact, Aya's english VA is a shitload better than her JP one, imo.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Error said:
I've seen vids of the english build of IU and the voices are totally fine. in fact, Aya's english VA is a shitload better than her JP one, imo.
Wrong. Hitomi Nabatame's voice is what makes Aya so good.

Error

Her JP voice makes her sound like an 11 years old. I don't think it fits her at all.

icecream

Public Health Threat
I wouldn't say 11, but Aya is only 16, despite being a powerful warrior and ally of the Liberation Army. Her personality being the way it is, I think Nabatame plays the forceful/hesitant voice quite nicely.

But a lot of the other character's JP voices definitely don't quite fit, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the English versions sound better.

I've been very torn between this and Vesperia, but all reviews and impressions point to Vesperia being the better game. Maybe when the flood of IU impressions hit I will change my mind, but for now I think I'm going to buy Tales and rent this later. Just a few weeks ago I was certain I'd be getting this one first, but this game just seems a lot less expansive and epic than I originally thought it would be.

Nemesis_

Can anyone explain Inifinite Undiscovery in typical RPG terms?

From what I'm reading, it's Star Ocean 2's combat system + No battle transition + Epic Awesome.

Would that be a correct assumption? I'm tossing up on picking this up along with VP2 or just VP2....

Nemesis_

Beezy said:
3D action rpg
I meant more in terms of other existing games, but thanks =P I knew that from reading the OP. ^_^

I'm getting a very big Star Ocean vibe from this, though. The polarising reviews are what's putting me off.

Error

they took a bunch of ideas from SO (real time battles, item creation, private actions) and VP (a big cast of characters, juggling, AP, the changes in each difficulty) and infused them with new concepts (seamless battles, situation battles, connect action)... that's IU in a nutshell.

Nemesis_

Error said:
they took a bunch of ideas from SO (real time battles, item creation, private actions) and VP (a big cast of characters, juggling, AP, the changes in each difficulty) and infused them with new concepts (seamless battles, situation battles, connect action)... that's IU in a nutshell.
Sounds alright. I might pick this up after all. Though the Private Action thing kinda annoyed me because it was limitless in what you could find. I like open / lots of things to do, but if there's toooooo much of it I feel a bit overwhelmed.

Still, sounds like a winner. Yet another game to buy.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
I picked this up today. TBH it doesn't do anything for me, and I am a major Tri Ace fan. I'll give it a better go later in the week. I may just be having buyers remorse as I paid 109 dollars for it and can wait for it to go on special. (65ish or so in a few weeks imo)

Nemesis_

`Moe Joe. said:
I picked this up today. TBH it doesn't do anything for me, and I am a major Tri Ace fan. I'll give it a better go later in the week. I may just be having buyers remorse as I paid 109 dollars for it and can wait for it to go on special. (65ish or so in a few weeks imo)
I sense the ownage that only the Australian market can provide.:lol

`Moe Joe. said:

wat

Nemesis_

Aeana said:
$109 AUD is still really expensive. :\ It works out to about $92 USD.
Most games are that much over here. I NEVER buy locally. MGS4 was going for something like $119.95 at some stores. Generally though, it's 99.95 and above. Sometimes you get lucky and get a game that's $69.95 (such as Viva Pinata 2) but most the time it's above $90.

Fuck buying locally - ever.

Vorador

Banned
A question, the UK game works on european 360? I'm thinking on getting a 360 and this game and play.com is far cheaper than my local stores.

Vorador said:
A question, the UK game works on european 360? I'm thinking on getting a 360 and this game and play.com is far cheaper than my local stores.

IU PAL version works with every X360 Pal.

Vorador

Banned
Kandrick said:
Does tales of vesperia JP work with a PAL xbox 360? :(

:(:(

Nor USA version does :( :( :(

This is ridiculous, waiting until 2009 for the same game, only with 50-60hz selector and probably nothing more >_> not even localized.

SpokkX

Vorador said:
Nor USA version does :( :( :(

This is ridiculous, waiting until 2009 for the same game, only with 50-60hz selector and probably nothing more >_> not even localized.

many PAL 360 releases are labeled "60hz only" so I wouldn´t bet on 50hz even

Blimblim

The Inside Track
pilonv1 said:
the us voices are horrible and this free camera is terrible
I disagree on both points. I'm surprised I actually quite like the US voices (I'm more a Japanese voices only guy usually), and the free camera is quite good. What seems so bad about it?

pilonv1

Seems like I constantly need to babysit it, and during battles in small areas it always ends up in the worst spot.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
pilonv1 said:
Seems like I constantly need to babysit it, and during battles in small areas it always ends up in the worst spot.
I don't understand how a free camera would work otherwise. That's the whole point of the "free" part, isn't it?

Aaron

Blimblim said:
Two more videos added, showing the night event after the prison and a bit of the stuff afterwards.
Got one more video encoding, with the famous dragon sequence, and then I'll do one or two more tonight.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7062_en.html
Thanks for the videos, though man the lack of voice acting in a large part of what you recorded seems really annoying to me. I don't even mind the constant battle cries next to that empty silence. Wonder if it was budget or disc limitations.

CAVE343

Hmm, is the camera bad or isn't it? Does anyone have some early impressions? My local store doesn't have it yet.

Aeana

Aaron said:
Thanks for the videos, though man the lack of voice acting in a large part of what you recorded seems really annoying to me. I don't even mind the constant battle cries next to that empty silence. Wonder if it was budget or disc limitations.

I think it may have been disc limitations. I think John Carmack said that it would be really expensive for third parties to get more than two discs due to royalty fees, right? IU is two discs, and they might be filled to the brim.

batbeg

Wow wow, thanks a lot Blim. I much prefer the English voice acting, Capell and Aya in the Japanese version were way too grating for me. I've only watched the first video so far, as I've got a pretty slow connection, but it's awesome. So long as the lack of voice acting stays to things like they are in the first video or just short, quick scenes, I probably won't be too annoyed, though I still can't even begin to imagine why they did this :-\ I'd figure if Tales could fit all it's VA in, so could anything. (Edit: Though as Aeana said, I also thought it may have been disc limitations and budget constraints, if that is the case)

Bits I loved so far are the expression on Capell's face when Aya calls him Lord Sigmund (which could have potentially been really awkward if not for the good job of the VAs) and this:

20axfso.png

Lady's Man, awesome :lol My hopes are pretty high that I'm going to enjoy this a lot right about now :D

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
SO is this game in US stores today (09/02) or just shipping today and will be in on Wednesday. I already have it preordered, I'm trying to figure out if going by the game store today will be a waste of time or not.

duckroll

Aeana said:
I think it may have been disc limitations. I think John Carmack said that it would be really expensive for third parties to get more than two discs due to royalty fees, right? IU is two discs, and they might be filled to the brim.

I heard that one disc is 4gig and the other is 6gig...... so I'm not sure what's going on anymore. :(

Cj70

Watching those videos with the voices missing at bits really annoyed me lol. Not sure if i'll get it now.

joesmokey

Wraith said:
Amazon is reporting a shipping date of 9/8. =( Might be time to pick up Vesperia in the meantime, I guess.
Hmm, it's September 4th for me (with Prime). Maybe it's time to find out if these are in Gamestop stores yet.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
One thing I didn't see mentioned too much about this game is how fast the loadings are. After Blue Dragon and especially after Lost Odyssey it's really impressive from one huge zone to another as huge in just 3 or 4 seconds.

Top Bottom