• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

PhatSaqs

Banned
inner-G said:
Where I'm at, it gives X and Y as attacks from the girl.

Or is X bow and Y heal and me retarded?
Hmm. Isnt that after pressing RB? You should be abe to call for a heal without going to the connect screen.

bryehn

Just did the first hour. Not too bad at all really. Didn't appreciate the dark woods much, I feel like I may have missed stuff already.

Graphics and animations are meh. Really reminds me of a shiny PS2 game, but tolerable for sure.

Not keen on the VA much either, but not a deal breaker.

Seems decent enough to play for 20-30 hours, I'll stick it out.

Sallokin

PhatSaqs said:
Hmm. Isnt that after pressing RB? You should be abe to call for a heal without going to the connect screen.

The request heal option doesn't get unlocked for a little while. I wish I could remember but I believe it's after the dragonbone shrine.

Also, my local Gamestop said they don't plan on receiving their pre-order bonuses for this game even though there were about 10 pre-orders. They said it was definitely a strange situation but that there was really nothing they could do about it. Oh well I suppose.

Not really sure why but I was excited when I saw a talking dragon. Just flashed me back to the days of Lunar.

Anyone really far in the game yet? I've yet to hear much from people pretty far in. Story hold up? Visuals get better? etc?

Damn this area is hot for exp. I think I'll stay here for a few more hours. :lol
Got four other guys running around killing stuff while my own party is doing their thing. Best part is the ninja healer dude right around the corner....just gotta be careful of the rolling rocks.

And yeah the framerate can get kind of iffy, especially when eight people are teaming up on one giant and everyone is doing specials at once.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Which area are you in?

Some mountain area just after Fayel. I'd say about 5-6 hours in. Birds, goblins, a red giant, and lots of rolling rocks.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Damn this area is hot for exp. I think I'll stay here for a few more hours. :lol
Got four other guys running around killing stuff while my own party is doing their thing. Best part is the ninja healer dude right around the corner.

Which area are you in?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm seriously debating just cancelling my pre-order. I mean Vesperia is totally rocking my world right now, and all the negativity is making me consider a total skip. I still haven't touched VP2 and I bought THAT in 2006!

Still, I am curious!

burgerdog

I love how colorful this game is, even this brown looks better than 'next gen brown'. Also, no idea why those vertical red/blue lines show up on the tv when I take screenshots.
iqgchv.jpg

And I almost died to the boss in the desert village, having to use potions in real time was hard as fuck.

I'm seriously debating just cancelling my pre-order. I mean Vesperia is totally rocking my world right now, and all the negativity is making me consider a total skip. I still haven't touched VP2 and I bought THAT in 2006!

Still, I am curious!

It's a really fun game, the only thing that bothers me about it is the puzzles. Either I suck at them or they're not very clear. Other than that the game is a blast to play. In that picture that I took you get to fight mobs with seven other party members, that was pretty cool. The area after that has you fighting along two other parties as well.

burgerdog said:
I love how colorful this game is, even this brown looks better than 'next gen brown'. Also, no idea why those vertical red/blue lines show up on the tv when I take screenshots.
iqgchv.jpg

And I almost died to the boss in the desert village, having to use potions in real time was hard as fuck.

How far is that into the game? And are you still really enjoying it?

burgerdog

slasher_thrasher21 said:
How far is that into the game? And are you still really enjoying it?

Enjoying it a lot more, the tutorial section sucked. That's the only real drag so far, but now that I'm over that I can't stop playing the game. Hm, that's like five to six hours into the game. I ran around and killed for a bit in the area before that so others may have gotten there sooner. The music is so good, at this point I can't decide what's better, the music or the battle system.

burgerdog said:
Enjoying it a lot more than the beginning. That's the only real drag so far, but now that I'm over that I can't stop playing the game. Hm, that's like five to six hours into the game. I ran around and killed for a bit in the area before that so others may have gotten there sooner. The music is so good, at this point I can't decide what's better, the music or the battle system.

I just got past the catapult part in my game and I already am highly enjoying it. The music is really damn good! Wonder if a OST will be released.

Also I'm pains me to think some people won't get past the initial begining parts of the game cuz really after that, the game picks up and its highly enjoyable.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I thought the first hour and a half of this game sucked. Really sucked. The only reason I kept playing is that pretty much every review said the beginning was terrible. It really felt like the first hour was done last in the dev cycle and rushed out the door.

It's now morphed into a fairly pleasant but rough around the edges RPG. However, I'm a total sucker for action-RPGs where all the fighting is action based and all the enemies are in the field.

A question, though- how do you recover MP?

FlyinJ said:
A question, though- how do you recover MP?

You know I remember it saying if you finished enemies off a certain way it would recover hp or mp but yeah... I'm baffled on how to get mp back myself. Unless finishing off enemies only recovers some HP... I can't remember now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
basically do a a b (diminuendo dive), putting your teammates in the 'combo' setting helps too. Pulling off down combos isn't as easy as air combos.

I didn't have any problems with the tutorial :/

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How is the overworld? Lots of real estate to explore? FFXII-esque?

The above pic gives off a nice vibe, I'd like to hear more about how the progression and world design is.

OmegaErock

Neo Member
slasher_thrasher21 said:
You know I remember it saying if you finished enemies off a certain way it would recover hp or mp but yeah... I'm baffled on how to get mp back myself. Unless finishing off enemies only recovers some HP... I can't remember now.

If you combo enemies while they're down you get some HP/MP back. I haven't had a lot of success with it though. I set it up with innuendo dive but my dumb party members won't attack them while they're down half the time. :p

Edit: Doh beaten

h3ro

burgerdog said:
Also, no idea why those vertical red/blue lines show up on the tv when I take screenshots.
iqgchv.jpg

I think that is called the Moire effect. It has to do with the way light is refracting in the camera lens off the TV... (not 100% sure on the physics of it)

OmegaErock

Neo Member
I must be the only one who actually liked the tutorial. It was something different from the norm. I'm glad they tried to incorporate adventure elements into the game. I just kept getting annoyed because I couldn't shoot all the explosive barrels to take down barriers/blow up enemies, because the guards kept beating on poor Aya. :(

OmegaErock said:
I must be the only one who actually liked the tutorial. It was something different from the norm. I'm glad they tried to incorporate adventure elements into the game. I just kept getting annoyed because I couldn't shoot all the explosive barrels to take down barriers/blow up enemies, because the guards kept beating on poor Aya. :(

For me the begining just felt odd for a few reasons. The no talking for certain scenes was off putting at first. Also the fact that you constantly had to run from the troll. How many scenes do we need to have just to let us know "hey run from this troll again". Then the fact that you are in a dark as hell forest and can barely see anything and then have to run like hell some more. Was a interesting idea to start the game off but I think it could have been pulled off much much better. Granted this didn't make me hate the game though. Just was average at best for me.

Then once day light hit and I could fight more, etc. Now I love it. Again this game reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, FFXII, and a mmo all put together. Battle system is rocking.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
burgerdog said:
iqgchv.jpg

Moire happens when the camera is not centered/even with the picture, especially when taking close ups.

Ricker

Burli said:
I pre-ordered my game and they didn't give me a damn code. Bastards!

Same here,just picked it up and they didn't get the codes yet...they incite you to pre-order by promising codes but they get them after the game is released...

Lagunamov

Ricker said:
Same here,just picked it up and they didn't get the codes yet...they incite you to pre-order by promising codes but they get them after the game is released...
I have the same problem with Amazon...

Well since it seems that alot of people didn't get a hold of the pre-order code due to various reasons. So for those that have it, is it really all that worth it or is it really no big deal?

MoogPaul

I feel bad for those who pre-ordered and didn't get the bonus. I walked into my gamestop, bought a copy day of release, and gave me a pre-order bonus because they had extras. It's just the four items though, nothing to crazy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Played this enough to get to the first checkpoint. I wanna get out of that dark environment already. Not trying to be unfail to Tales of Vesperia so I will finish that up and then tackle this one hard. I'm having to much of a good time in Vesperia to jump on 2 RPG's at once. Keep those impressions coming though.

MoogPaul

I absolutely LOVE just running around in the decently massive areas, gathering materials, and killing shit. I'm a recovering WoW addict 3 years cold turkey and I love the way this game plays. If only they had online market place in a town where you could trade goods with other people...

seriously, i don't even need a story to enjoy the game.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Can anyone tell me what to do in the 1st shrine?

Bats and and Snakes

I bring them to the door and press the door, they fleed, i've tried killing them..nothing happens

LiquidMetal14

AgentOtaku said:
Decided to go for it and order this from BestBuy...will be picking it up later today :D
You will like this game. If I weren't invested heavily in Vesperia, I'd be on this like flies on rice.

MoogPaul

Has anyone been able to do the Capell to the Rescue achievement? It supposedly has to do with
saving the guards in the jailed rooms in the castle before breaking the first chain. I'm not having much luck with it. I know where to get the four keys but by the time I get back to the jail cells, the prisoners are killed by guards.

LiquidMetal14 said:
You will like this game. If I weren't invested heavily in Vesperia, I'd be on this like flies on rice.

right now the thing that appeals to me the most is the quasi-mmo combat style ala FFXII and the art direction

Music sounds ace too from what I've heard

Hope I can get over the framerate

WrikaWrek

Banned
So i do the whole thing, get the bat, then i cast it on the snake, and the game freezes.

Why. Freezing should be something that never ever happens in a RPG...the save point was back in the village.

Shit.

Vesplume Tower was really awesome. The game picks up in almost every aspect at that point and becomes great, and I can only hope it stays through the second DVD. The story, characters, and everything also actually start becoming great at that point. It is such a shame it takes so long, and you need to deal with so much bullshit to get to this great part.

LiquidMetal14

AgentOtaku said:
right now the thing that appeals to me the most is the quasi-mmo combat style ala FFXII and the art direction

Music sounds ace too from what I've heard

Hope I can get over the framerate
It doesn't hamper the gameplay. Unless you are this uber hardcore picky dude who cant stand some playable frame drops then this wont be an issue. Don't you have Mercs PS3? This game probably has as good a frame rate and is less buggy. No worries :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Linkzg said:
Vesplume Tower was really awesome. The game picks up in almost every aspect at that point and becomes great, and I can only hope it stays through the second DVD. The story, characters, and everything also actually start becoming great at that point. It is such a shame it takes so long, and you need to deal with so much bullshit to get to this great part.
Yes, it really is one of the best dungeons in any RPG imo. just very well designed, the multi party aspect makes sense and the dungeon was entertaining the whole way through. if the bonus dungeon is anything like it plus more, I will wet my pants.

I just got Komachi/Touma in my party. Touma is awesome, I like his 'battle' stance.

Darkman M

Error said:
Yes, it really is one of the best dungeons in any RPG imo. just very well designed, the multi party aspect makes sense and the dungeon was entertaining the whole way through. if the bonus dungeon is anything like it plus more, I will wet my pants.

I just got Komachi/Touma in my party. Touma is awesome, I like his 'battle' stance.

Stop making me want to pop this game in right now! Im trying to show some discipline :lol

matmanx1

Ya there's definitely some fun to be had in IU. I finished the Dragonbone shrine and was able to do some side quests in town (find this, deliver that) and then went out into the next field area. All of that was pretty fun and enjoyable and made me want to keep playing. Unfortunately after that it was time for work!
Oh and there's a secret hidden treasure chest in the first town you can find after you get your first flute songs. I stumbled on it by accident....what's that sound??

Oh well, more to come tomorrow! :D

Top Bottom