• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

Sallokin

Finally finished it this evening. I like the ending overall, but I'm curious if there's any more story to be had if you play on the higher difficulties. Otherwise I'm heading into the Gate.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Sallokin said:
Finally finished it this evening. I like the ending overall, but I'm curious if there's any more story to be had if you play on the higher difficulties. Otherwise I'm heading into the Gate.
I'm playing on hard now, apparently Infinite Mode (the hardest mode) has ALL of the game content. Even on hard there's locked content apparently. :/

Sallokin

Error said:
I'm playing on hard now, apparently Infinite Mode (the hardest mode) has ALL of the game content. Even on hard there's locked content apparently. :/

Thanks for the heads up. I thought hard mode was the only extra difficutly. Do you know if by all game content they simply mean items for crafting/bonus dungeon or actual extra story?

A buddy of mine said he's just about through with hard mode and hasn't come across anything additional in terms of story.

Nemesis_

duckroll said:
Erm what? The music is always by Sakuraba, and he composed IU too. Tri-Crescendo handles sound programming, sound direction, sound design, etc. :p
OKAY GUYS OBVIOUSLY I WAS NOT A FAN OF THE MUSIC.

Sorry =P I just haven't noticed it to be anything brilliant. I think it's more of a case of me wanting more than one battle tune.:lol :lol

mjc

mjc said:
Just so everyone knows, I've got an extra copy of Tales of Vesperia. It's opened, but otherwise in pristine condition. I'm looking to straight up trade it for a copy of Infinite Undiscovery, so if you beat it and/or you can't finish it and you want to get rid of it keep me in mind. :D

Bump, mostly because I notice some of you guys are on the verge of getting tired of it.

Error

gamefaqs.

Man I totally didn't know how useful DDs were, not only can you completely cancel an enemy's attack but doing a couple on a boss will allow you to pull off Aerials/Down combos on the boss itself. that's pretty neat.

Nemesis_

Error said:
gamefaqs.

Man I totally didn't know how useful DDs were, not only can you completely cancel an enemy's attack but doing a couple on a boss will allow you to pull off Aerials/Down combos on the boss itself. that's pretty neat.
What's a DD? I need to get things worked up for my "DOwn" Combo achievement.

burgerdog

Error said:
gamefaqs.

I air combo'd the semi-final boss--100 hits or so with every hit giving me 745 experience.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm sure it's been answered, but would someone mind detailing what exactly that preorder code does for us? I know it adds the special voucher (or whatever) to your inventory, and that this supposedly allows you to purchase some rare items from certain shops. Does anyone have specifics?

Mejilan said:
I'm sure it's been answered, but would someone mind detailing what exactly that preorder code does for us? I know it adds the special voucher (or whatever) to your inventory, and that this supposedly allows you to purchase some rare items from certain shops. Does anyone have specifics?

You can buy five items IIRC

One allows you to get 100% of the exp for a character even if they aren't in your active party.
Another gives you +10% exp.
Yet another gives you +10% gold
Still another actually prevents you from gaining exp if you're looking for a challenge
Forgot what the fifth does(is there a fifth? hmm)
Oh wait I think it's these sacrificial dolls that keep you from dying(though they get destroyed in the process)

Error

anyone knows how to get inside the secret room in the dragon shrine? the rat leads me to it, but I can't open it.

Sallokin

Error said:
anyone knows how to get inside the secret room in the dragon shrine? the rat leads me to it, but I can't open it.

You should just be able to target it like a regular door and it'll open. You may have to wait until you beat the boss of the shrine.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Error said:

Huh, don't you simply prees the 'A' button when standing next to the wall?

Anyhoo, I'm currently in the mountains just before Vesplume Tower.

I've discovered a really awesome thing whereby you run back past the boulders to grind and Sigmond's party follows your and helps you beat the ever loving crap out of everything in sight.

I'm now level 35. Is that a good level to be on? Should I keep grinding to level 40 before I reach the tower?

Witchfinder General said:
Huh, don't you simply prees the 'A' button when standing next to the wall?

Anyhoo, I'm currently in the mountains just before Vesplume Tower.

I've discovered a really awesome thing whereby you run back past the boulders to grind and Sigmond's party follows your and helps you beat the ever loving crap out of everything in sight.

I'm now level 35. Is that a good level to be on? Should I keep grinding to level 40 before I reach the tower?

I did that bit at about level 23, so you should be fine! I was only in my 40's at the end of the game o_o Was I low, or does everyone else just go mega mad on levelling?

LordK

Android18a said:
I did that bit at about level 23, so you should be fine! I was only in my 40's at the end of the game o_o Was I low, or does everyone else just go mega mad on levelling?

'Eh, I was 69 at the end and I didn't really grind. I did run around fighting stuff just to get synthesis... so that would explain my high level. But I never went to "the best place to level" to level up. The last boss on normal was easy for me though.

edit: I'm a moron and I thought this was the Vesperia thread.

Going to get this after work now that its out here. I think I forgot my reservation slip at home though. Hope they don't need it.

Then we will see which gets more playtime, this or vesperia.

Hunahan

Banned
Damn. Got totally screwed at the end of Vesplume tower.

Two of my party members bit the dust during the eyeball fight. Thought I was safe to just finish up with Sigmund and Capell.

Nope.

Started that boss gambit with only Capell alive.

No problem. I'll just run around and fumble through the menus enough to revive somebody.

Hahahahaha what a joke. You have no chance of reviving your team in this game under fire.

Whiped.

It wouldn't be even remotely as annoying as it is if there had been a save point within the last 20 minutes.

My impression of this game is going from mediocre to bad.

The whole tower was just flat-out dull. I can't figure out why everyone is listing that section of the game in their positives.

Overall this game is such a disappointment.

Is there any way to get the computer to automatically use MP restoring items when it gets low? They seem to use up everything except for those and it annoys me to no end... Fucking stupid Tsunami boss takes forever to beat...

Error

SlaughterX said:
Is there any way to get the computer to automatically use MP restoring items when it gets low? They seem to use up everything except for those and it annoys me to no end... Fucking stupid Tsunami boss takes forever to beat...
errrr

you have to destroy the chain, not kill the dude. he will kneel to take a breather, that's when you go to the chain and start attacking it.

burgerdog

Error said:
errrr

you have to destroy the chain, not kill the dude. he will kneel to take a breather, that's when you go to the chain and start attacking it.

You will have to do the exact same thing for the next few bosses, so keep that in mind.

Well just finished the game at almost 18 hours and man... what a freaking BLAST! I hadn't been this compelled to finish a RPG in a long time. I know the story is rather simple but it had some moving parts and a cool few twists. I definetly will be playing this one again.

Last boss pissed me off though. Rat Bastard...

Estival

I hate grinding for exp in RPGs, but I figure I should be safe for the last dungeon if the save points are that rare. So I have Capell standing idle by the lake in the marsh while my party automatically fights the monsters that keep respawning out of it. It's going pretty well so far, but what's a safe level to make it through the end of the game?

Edit: I went in at 61 and had no problems at all. I guess that could be considered over-leveled.

Reading about Infinity mode right now and apparently people are having trouble with the very first fight in the game.

Ugh...I think I'm gonna go buy some Genesis games or something.

Egg Shen

Estival said:
I hate grinding for exp in RPGs, but I figure I should be safe for the last dungeon if the save points are that rare. So I have Capell standing idle by the lake in the marsh while my party automatically fights the monsters that keep respawning out of it. It's going pretty well so far, but what's a safe level to make it through the end of the game?

Edit: I went in at 61 and had no problems at all. I guess that could be considered over-leveled.
I was around level 70 or so towards the end which made it something of a cakewalk and that was due to me actually taking time out to grind them up, both for cash and ingredients. The grind in this game isn't as bad as in other RPGs, I thought. It was one of the fastest ones that I had ever experienced which didn't make it as boring. At one point, I averaged about six or seven levels an hour and quit only because I wanted to keep moving. Having Capell spam
Grinn Valesti
killed most everything I came up against, especially the bosses.

Android18a said:
I'll admit I did for goodies, but also fully expecting the game to come with the usual mad hard tri-Ace bosses only to find that wasn't the case. I definitely felt like I overdid it here.

Kuran

Banned
How do I target stuff thats floating above ground? I have to destroy these
crystals
 in Sapran, and can't reach them!

Edit: Got it! I was wondering why I couldn't target Aya's specials, but apparantly this isn't possible with every one of her attacks.. very intuitive, Tri-Ace!

burgerdog

Halfway in to SG, damn I love this place. Every time you beat a boss you get extremely good equipment for you characters. My main party is kicking a ton of ass right now. Leveling seems to be quite easy, too. I get around 20 levels every time I go in and I only spend like 30mins - 1hour in there.

Error

Damn you! I only want to unlock Infinite mode so I can tackle the bonus dungeon with all the content.

I tried the
Sigmund fight
, he kicked my ass.

burgerdog

Error said:
Damn you! I only want to unlock Infinite mode so I can tackle the bonus dungeon with all the content.

I tried the
Sigmund fight
, he kicked my ass.

He's not too bad, he owned me the first time I tried him. Second time I just went in and did about 8 Grin Valesti and he died. Whenever you get low on hp just sheath your sword and run away, use a potion once you're in the clear. Also, not sure if this is a spoiler or not, I fought Gabriel Celeste, this boss wasn't in the main story. He did some shit and killed all my party members, luckily Capell survived and I ran to the portal :lol Regrouped and killed him on my next attempt, you get 6 chests, a save point, and Genma to heal you right after that. :D

Good luck unlocking and playing Infinity mode. I will try it when I have nothing else to play. I just got Shivering Isles and I want to play that before Fable 2 and Fallout 3 come out.

Egg Shen

burgerdog said:
Halfway in to SG, damn I love this place. Every time you beat a boss you get extremely good equipment for you characters. My main party is kicking a ton of ass right now. Leveling seems to be quite easy, too. I get around 20 levels every time I go in and I only spend like 30mins - 1hour in there.
That was pretty awesome to see multiple level ups across the party with all of the experience tossed in there, lots of great equipment. Interestingly enough, most of the party I'm raiding SG with are now equipped with insane toys and they've hit the first rest stop.

I really don't want to leave to re-organize the party, so I may have to head back in later once I've pushed as far as I think I can.

Just as a word of warning: locked chests and boulders are in SG, too.

Error said:
I tried the
Sigmund fight
, he kicked my ass.
That fight is totally worth it for the prizes. The trick for me was in trying to heal myself in between the lucky hits, but juggling the menu wasn't easy.

If you think that's bad, just wait. There's a lot worse later on.
If you see a typical anime-child, but with six black wings and a giant sword waiting for you, get ready for a world of hurt.

burgerdog

Egg Shen said:
Just as a word of warning: locked chests and boulders are in SG, too.

Yeah ;_; I have Vic and Komachi in the party because of that, they are not part of my regular line up so I'm not too happy about that. Fortunately(!), after beating the Kraken Vic got a 2000 damage dagger, Michelle got a crazy book from Gabriel, and Komachi got 2000 damage katana's from one of the chests after Gabriel.

Egg Shen said:
If you think that's bad, just wait. There's a lot worse later on.
If you see a typical anime-child, but with six black wings and a giant sword waiting for you, get ready for a world of hurt.

That's Gabriel Celeste! Fun battle.

I'm so close to crafting Azureal Blade! Unfortunately, I don't know where in the world to get Amirlista or Atlantis Metal!

truly101 said:
Really? I thought I had heard it was closer to about 25-30 hours or so. Must have heard wrong.

Well I was around 18 hours my first time through and I didn't really do any grinding at all. So perhaps it will vary for others.

Neil

There is a achievement called Rock, Stock, and Barrel.
GameFAQs is a load of crap, can someone please tell me how to get it?
It says 'use machines of war to destroy your foes'.

I just had to break down the gate at the castle using catapults, so I'm thinking it was maybe using that to kill the ogres near the gates? But I couldn't target them with it :\

CAVE343

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Well I was around 18 hours my first time through and I didn't really do any grinding at all. So perhaps it will vary for others.

What level was your party aprox. when you finished the game?
I'm now at the beginning of disc 2 and Vesplume Tower was so awesome. The scenes where you stepped outside the castle were great with the fixed camers.

bad-joey said:
What level was your party aprox. when you finished the game?
I'm now at the beginning of disc 2 and Vesplume Tower was so awesome. The scenes where you stepped outside the castle were great with the fixed camers.

I know Capell was level 50 when finishing the game. I believe everyone else was around 44-50.

Yes Vesplume Tower was probably the coolest dungeon in the game. :D

Frillen

What am I supposed to do after I've been to Halgita? To Cassandra? I've been going around in Cobasna Timberlands for an hour now, but I haven't found the place! Help?

Frillen said:
What am I supposed to do after I've been to Halgita? To Cassandra? I've been going around in Cobasna Timberlands for an hour now, but I haven't found the place! Help?

Is this the time where they inform you you need to head north? Did you already go to the one characters hut?

I forget, there is one point where you have to head east on the map and north. A field dissapears and lets you get over there if memory serves me correctly. The other time you have to go through the white force fields to teleport and try and get to the north west side of the map.

If you have done both of these parts and are just trying to get to Cassandra, the teleporter will give you the option to select Cassandra.

Egg Shen

burgerdog said:
That's Gabriel Celeste! Fun battle.
Indeed! Tough little bastard, but his voice acting was pretty funny to listen to as long as I wasn't dying. His sister is worse, died in seconds once I reached her. It wasn't even a fair contest. :p

burgerdog said:
I'm so close to crafting Azureal Blade! Unfortunately, I don't know where in the world to get Amirlista or Atlantis Metal!
That's one thing I neglected, my forging skills. I can't even forge that, but I do have amarlista and atlantis metal...but not in any large quantity. I think I found one chunk of atlantis metal in the Underwater Palace, and that was it, IIRC, and it was from a chest. I don't even know if a mob actually drops the stuff.

truly101 said:
Really? I thought I had heard it was closer to about 25-30 hours or so. Must have heard wrong.
That was the average for me, but I ground a bit along with doing some running around exploring and trying to find stuff (hidden chests, side quests, talking to everyone usually twice just to see if they had anything new to say, etc..).

batbeg said:
:lol The sound design is awful, the music is fucking excellent.

I'm really confused by this. Are the people complaining about sound design running a 5.1 system?

IMO this game has some of the best 5.1 implementation I have heard in an RPG in a long time. Valkyria was the only other one in recent memory. I have found several of those secret walls by hearing the humming sound and following the direction. Most RPGs(Vesperia for example) havem't moved past running water as their sole environment effect.

I just got this a little while ago...

iu999combo.JPG

Can't go any higher. :lol

Top Bottom