• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Eugene's IC skill is forging/blacksmith. So I don't think he can create MQs. I don't even remember if Vic has an IC skill, god such a shit character. lolz.

So how exactly do you go about making music pieces? I don't ever remember running into someone that could and I want the piece to cure the lunar rain BS.

Lebron

Aaron said:
No, this make sense, since if he wrote his own tunes, none of them would be magic. That's why you need to find special components to get them re-written in a way Capel can understand them. Savio isn't too hard to find either. He's usually in the inn or relatively nearby.
yeah, that does make sense I guess. Still don't see how Rico of all people can write them. Savio I can understand, but Rico? RICO? Children of the corn Rico? I should just give him the flute. Nope, not buying it.
I'm just mad Aya just took me and my party out

Anywhoo, I'm just going to use Gutav and Touma for the time being. Since they don't go all berseker crazy on ya.

So how exactly do you go about making music pieces? I don't ever remember running into someone that could and I want the piece to cure the lunar rain BS.

Connect with either Savio or Rico and have them craft it for you. You have to level up their IC though before you can craft that Lunar Rain one. I think it's Level 5, but not too sure since I don't have it myself yet.

Aaron

Error said:
Eugene's IC skill is forging/blacksmith. So I don't think he can create MQs. I don't even remember if Vic has an IC skill, god such a shit character. lolz.
Yeah, it couldn't be either of those. Maybe it was Michelle. It was near the bottom of the list. Either way, never had a problem with finding them, not that the tune is all that great against the stupid lunar rain.

Edit: It was Kiriya. Forgot about that 'guy.'

takotchi

Somebody got the secret 1G achievement.
Defeat the Ethereal Queen in Infinity Mode.

There is one last 30G achievement that is unknown, I think.

i have a few questions about the ending

who was veros talking about when he mentioned that this world was forced upon him by Her? and how in the hell did capell get down from the moon?

there is no new game+? i'm fucking crying right now.

takotchi

WickedLaharl said:
i have a few questions about the ending

who was veros talking about when he mentioned that this world was forced upon him by Her? and how in the hell did capell get down from the moon?

there is no new game+? i'm fucking crying right now.

Sequel/DLC time!! =D

=(

Frillen

Just beat the game yesterday. I'm actually quite pleased with the title. The battle system in particular. Going back to for example Lost Odyssey would be a pain in the *** right now. Past paced battle system is the way to go!

I can't remember the last time I actually had fun grinding in an RPG, but Infinite Undiscovery was outstanding in that department.

The story and characters were so-so, but for me the battle system in an RPG is definitely the most important part.

The only big complaint I have is the placement of save points, which some of you have already pointed out. Placing a save point AFTER a boss fight for example is just ridiculous.

I was at level 62 with Capell before I entered the Underwater Temple. I found a great place to level up. It's in the area where you fought the dragon just before the transporter to the Underwater Temple and the cave with the transporter back to Kolton. There's a water area where enemies constantly shows up from under the water, and you get 1000+ exp from each of them. I leveled up Capell from 48 to 62 and Balgaban from 30 to 50 in just 40 minutes.

However, the last bosses were extremely easy for me because of the power leveling.

Anyway, looking forward to SC4!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I got Vic yesterday and I want to die.

What he says when you encounter enemies makes me want to suicide.

He looks like Rosie the Riveter.

Witchfinder General said:
Finished the game.

Thoughts...

The Good:

* Amazing battle system - Having an open, seamless world with not only an extremely fun and robust battle system but to at times have two other parties joining in? Oh, yeah, this is king.

*Dungeons - The multi-party ones are ones you'll never want to end.

*Enjoyable story - Despite the games rather short length I found the overall story to be well thought out and satisfying. The anti-establishment and anti-class system theme was handled quite well and I think stood out for it's maturity.

*Interesting and engaging characters - The character arc of Capell I found wholly enjoyable and compelling. What really sealed the deal was
after Capell becoming furious over the treatment of the Unblessed his requests for help and his battle cries became clipped, authoritarian and filled with rage.
For a game with so many characters, having them all being ones you want in your party makes grinding really fun.

*Decent voice acting - OK, it certainly had it's ups and downs but for a dub I found the cast of characters at least kept my interest.

*Graphics - It's one thing to have a world filled with intricate, detailed textures, gorgeous lighting and high quality character and enemy models, but to have all that and the aforementioned battle system, A.I., seamless world and minimal loading? Other games may look better but no game overall - aside from Uncharted - has impressed me as much. Bring on Star Ocean 4.

*Satisfying final boss battle - Amazing.

*Soundtrack - Lovely. I have to get the soundtrack.

Bad:

*Short game - Whilst I enjoyed the game you could really tell that they were working with a limited budget and had to cut a lot out.

*Frustrating first couple of hours - The opening was horrowing enough but to expect to be well seasoned in the game's mechanics from the off-set? A bit more hand-holding next time.

*Paucity of save points - Speaks for itself

*A way to view info on the side quests you're currently undertaking - too ofetn it's easy to not only forget which side quest is for whom, but what exactly it entails and how much of it you have don

*No beastiary - Needs to be in every game

*Limited enemy variety - not as bad as Eternal Sonata but far too much palette swapping for my liking

*More bosses - not only that, but more variety. Too many human characters.

*More dungeons - Specifically, more multi-party dungeons.

*Lack of visual representation of equipment - When I'm browsing weapons, armour, etc, at least let me see what it looks like before I buy it.

*Lack of direction of what to do next - Too often you'll run around trying to work out what's next

Overall, despite it's flaws I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I'm currently doing the bonus dungeon.

A must buy for JRPG fans.
Thx for the impressions. I had been on the fence for buying the game, but with Gamefly taking forever and me really wanting to play this, I think I will just go out and buy it.

Nemesis556 said:
Pretty sure Vic is a chick.

There wasn't a cutscene about it (I didn't do all the social shit, so who knows if there was one actually that I missed), but I am pretty damn sure that Vic was a girl.

Aaron

Linkzg said:
There wasn't a cutscene about it (I didn't do all the social shit, so who knows if there was one actually that I missed), but I am pretty damn sure that Vic was a girl.
There actually was. Capel cops an accidental feel that makes it pretty blatant.

batbeg

Aaron said:
There actually was. Capel cops an accidental feel that makes it pretty blatant.

There's a much more obvious cutscene at the end with
Dominica talking about "us women" with Vic.

joesmokey

Man I can't find anywhere around me to rent the title, none of the Blockbusters around carry this or even Tales D:.

Now I can't decide what to do in order to play this as I definitely don't want to outright buy it.

takotchi

Princess Skittles said:
Should I be scared or is it actually doable?

1 point. :lol

The person said they did it when Capell was Lv 206 or something like that (max is 255 IIRC). I'm sure it's doable if you have the right equipment, enchants, and levels. I haven't even made it to Infinity Mode yet. I'm saving all that until then (no achievement for doing it on Normal or Hard AFAIK).

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
takotchi said:
The person said they did it when Capell was Lv 206 or something like that (max is 255 IIRC). I'm sure it's doable if you have the right equipment, enchants, and levels. I haven't even made it to Infinity Mode yet. I'm saving all that until then (no achievement for doing it on Normal or Hard AFAIK).
The only problem I have is that I'm reading you have to beat Normal to unlock Hard and then beat Hard to unlock Infinity. I'm cool with playing a game twice usually, but it has to be pretty damn awesome to go a thrid round. Thankfully the game is short, so beating it three times would actually take less time than beating Tales of Vesperia once.

burgerdog

Lebron said:
ok this Lunar Rain Super Sayian Berserker BS is starting to piss me off. That medicine doesn't do jack crap, except bring them back to the last state before they completely lose it again....just marvelous! Not only that, but I have no idea where to get the music that is supposed to cancel that crap out, Mare Lunaris or something like that. Grrrr...

Make the lunar placare flute song, makes this shit a non-issue.

WinFonda

My initial impressions, after about 40 minutes of play: this is a barebones RPG. It's like they did only what they absolutely had to and shipped it out the door. So far I don't know what I can say that's totally positive. I'm also finding the controls to be a bitch, which is weird since I don't think I've ever had that problem with controls in an RPG before.

kurahadol

Question regarding the DLC, if I just entered the code but already have a save file about 3 hours into the game, will it affect the current save or only new games?

WinFonda said:
My initial impressions, after about 40 minutes of play: this is a barebones RPG. It's like they did only what they absolutely had to and shipped it out the door. So far I don't know what I can say that's totally positive. I'm also finding the controls to be a bitch, which is weird since I don't think I've ever had that problem with controls in an RPG before.

I've only played for an hour and I'm already regretting get this game from Gamefly. The combat is ok I guess, but it just seems like I stand next to the enemy and press A and X. Also some of the production qualities are lackluster, like how people go from speaking to talking with subtitles (which I can barely see...) Probably going to send it back soon and pray for ToV or Force Unleashed

WinFonda

funkmastergeneral said:
I've only played for an hour and I'm already regretting get this game from Gamefly. The combat is ok I guess, but it just seems like I stand next to the enemy and press A and X. Also some of the production qualities are lackluster, like how people go from speaking to talking with subtitles (which I can barely see...) Probably going to send it back soon and pray for ToV or Force Unleashed
Yeah I'm in the same boat (rented from Gfly.) The voiceless cutscenes really do suck. They consistently take me out of the game, and they happen way too often. How is this game even on 2 discs? I'll try and finish it though. It supposedly being a short game is probably the only thing keeping me on board with it.

Oreoleo

Okay so I'm at the part after the Timberlands where we're back at the previous city fighting
Shadow edward
. I have to play my flute so my team can see him, but my attacks go right through him. So do I just spend the whole battle playing flute/using healing items on team mates or is there some attack I can do to speed up the process of beating him? He's not even hard, but that damn time limit makes him hard to beat.

Lebron

WinFonda said:
Yeah I'm in the same boat (rented from Gfly.) The voiceless cutscenes really do suck. They consistently take me out of the game, and they happen way too often. How is this game even on 2 discs? I'll try and finish it though. It supposedly being a short game is probably the only thing keeping me on board with it.
Yeah, the voiceless cutscenes are a downer. That crap was really pissing me off in the beginning. However, as you progress in the game, I found them to be a lot more rare compared to the beginning.

Okay so I'm at the part after the Timberlands where we're back at the previous city fighting Shadow edward. I have to play my flute so my team can see him, but my attacks go right through him. So do I just spend the whole battle playing flute/using healing items on team mates or is there some attack I can do to speed up the process of beating him? He's not even hard, but that damn time limit makes him hard to beat.
Hmm, maybe depends on your team? I had Aya, Eugene, and Rucha and they handed him his ass pretty quickly. I just sat back playing the flute when needed and still got the bonus for beating him in under 3 mins I believe it was.

Make the lunar placare flute song, makes this shit a non-issue.
but the question is where do I find the materials?

burgerdog

Neil said:
How do you make it?
I'm at the castle in cassandra and I've not come across the notations for it.. :\

You should have the notes by default, you get them by progressing through the story. If you're seeing vermification then you should already have it. The rest of the stuff was easy to make, didn't have any problem with it, you can buy most of the stuff at the kolton or halgita shops.

Oreoleo

Lebron said:
Hmm, maybe depends on your team? I had Aya, Eugene, and Rucha and they handed him his ass pretty quickly. I just sat back playing the flute when needed and still got the bonus for beating him in under 3 mins I believe it was.

Definitely. Tried it once with Aya, Eugene and Rucha, and then again with Aya, Rico and Rucha. Then I did it Aya and Gustav and Gustav beat the piss out of Edward and I ended up getting the 3 minute bonus.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Currently grinding in SG.

Capel is at level 150 and everyone else is between 100-140.

Question: Do new moves/spells appear at higher levels or is there anyway to unlock new moves/spells?

batbeg

Lebron said:
but the question is where do I find the materials?

The Mare Lunaris notations are the Overture Notations, which were found just after the spider mountain in Dais and before you fought
Held, Savio's apprentice.
Rico has to have level 5 IC writing skills to make it.

tehbear

Random thought, why is the game full of these tiny ass towns and then bam two towns that are larger than hell?

It's so annoying to try to connect IC to people to make crap when they are scattered all over. Also I want Vic to be PERMANENTLY following me when I am buying ingredients for IC. But nooooo, you cannot possibly have two people follow you at once, or just give you Vic's stupid bonus all the time. Bastards.

Aaron

Okay, how the hell do I beat the red dragon near the end? I'm guys are exhausted from fighting, I'm low on items, and suddenly I've got this huge dragon on my ass, while all the monsters that spawn with I do only like a tenth of normal damage to. Every team I've tried so far just gets wiped out.

Edit: Taken care of. Now off to the final dungeon.

Blackjack

Android18a said:
You clearly don't watch enough anime :p Characters who look male are always female, and vice versa.

More importantly, is Eugene gay? That kept coming over in the story for me.
I don't think Eugene actually has enough of a personality to be ANYTHING.

Edward, on the other hand...

Ricker

That Spider Boss in Dais is also a pain,especially having to redo all that section,full of those annoying plants that confuse you and small spider that run all over the place,only to die at the Boss...it's really one of the first fights that connecting seems the way to go but Komachi's "Ash" is so close range to work well,she and everyone else get poisonned and it's sure is fun having to get into your inventory to use antidotes while the action is still going on...

What team did you guy use and what level where you? Capell is 33 or so and i have Aya,Edward and Komachi,who are level 30.

I'd replace Aya (if it's possible - don't remember if you had to use her or not) with Eugene. He's a much better healer imo. I think I was around 35 or so when I got to that part. For the actual fight, all I did was run around and attack when it looked like I had a clear shot and spam Y for the most part. In fact, that's basically all I did for most if not all of the fights in the game. lol

Frillen

At that time I used Capell, Edward, Vic and Eugene I think. Remember to always take out the smaller spiders whenever they show up, and spam the Y button every third second or something.

Egg Shen

Ricker said:
That Spider Boss in Dais is also a pain,especially having to redo all that section,full of those annoying plants that confuse you and small spider that run all over the place,only to die at the Boss...it's really one of the first fights that connecting seems the way to go but Komachi's "Ash" is so close range to work well,she and everyone else get poisonned and it's sure is fun having to get into your inventory to use antidotes while the action is still going on...

What team did you guy use and what level where you? Capell is 33 or so and i have Aya,Edward and Komachi,who are level 30.
The team I used for the giant spider battle had Capell, Edward, Michelle, and Aya. I was sort of high level at the time because I ground my party up before hitting Vesplume when you get to work with another party, which in turn, accelerated the amount of experience collected. By the time I hit Dais, Capell could spam Grinn Valesti and kill most anything since the party average was around the mid-fifties. Y is a lifesaver.

Philthy

So, Vesplume Tower .. I made it past some eye tooth monster, and I think I'm at the final battle after that. My party consists of Sigmund (Required), Capell (Duh), Michelle, and Eugene. They are all around level 23 and we all died pretty much in under a minute.

Any suggestions?

takotchi

Android18a said:
You clearly don't watch enough anime :p Characters who look male are always female, and vice versa.

More importantly, is Eugene gay? That kept coming over in the story for me.

I must have really, really missed something. What parts of the story make you think that?

Now Kiriya... the only guys I know who wear capri pants are gay as all hell.

Uncle AJ

Philthy said:
So, Vesplume Tower .. I made it past some eye tooth monster, and I think I'm at the final battle after that. My party consists of Sigmund (Required), Capell (Duh), Michelle, and Eugene. They are all around level 23 and we all died pretty much in under a minute.

Any suggestions?

First tell your party to Spread so you can take out the grunt enemies first. Then focus on Leonid. You've got two healers in your party, so mash the Y button if you're in trouble. If you need space to give out HP and MP potions, just run away and let the rest of the party do the damage. You should get him eventually.

Frillen

Philthy said:

Any suggestions?

You don't need two healers. Swap either Eugene or Michelle with someone else. Secondly, turn off Eugene's/Michelle's attacks, and have him/her only use healing magic. Concentrate on taking out the regular enemies whenever they show, and for Christ's sake, spam the Y button. Lastly, have the command on either Free or Spread during boss fights with underlings.

Top Bottom