• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Diablos said:
Bahhh I'm at the
Cobansa Timberlands
AND I CAN'T MAKE MY WAY OUT THE PORTALS ARE SO CONFUSING EASHGRFWOEUYGR@#(*&Y&R*($@#R

Please help, fellow IU gaffers!

I beat the boss there, I just need to
find that dude so I can save that hardass Edward, even though he sucks, and I hate him.

-_-

Certain paths have coloured bubbles rising from the ground. take those paths.

I haven't started this game yet since I've been absorbed into Vesperia. Am I going to be in for a huge let down in terms of combat once I finally start?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Not really the combat is the best part of the game, imo. The event design is what brings the game down. I would've prefer the game to focus more on dungeon crawling.

takotchi

I just tried to start Infinity Mode. It is the most fucking ridiculous thing I have ever played.

The two guards at the very beginning do about 30-40 damage a hit, whereas Capell does 1-3 HP. This feels impossible. I tried a few "strategies" people have talked about on GameFUKs but they don't really work. Doesn't help that I have to reset the camera settings every time I start a new game. I also just love hits contacting/registering when they shouldn't, and the fact Capell stands there helplessly when he gets whacked, so they can get a nice chain on you.

Once again I am wondering "what the fuck were they thinking?".

Neil

SG is such a disappointment. I like the difficulty of it, but hate that it's not an 'original' dungeon.

I'm nearly done with this game now... Unsure if I will play through on hard, seems a waste of time as there is no NG+.

Ricker

I think i'm done with this game as well,the last dungeon is a huge pain,especially with no saves after the initial Knight fight that's kinda hard...I fought in one of the rooms that skeleton that keeps respawning those skeletons and he has some kind of shield made of green sticks all around him,for about 20 minutes and he was still not dead...I died and now I have to refight all of that,including the initial Knight in the first room? F that,time to finish Tales Of Vesperia.

Good game overall,but that last section without a save is just a waste of time.

Blackjack

Ricker said:
I think i'm done with this game as well,the last dungeon is a huge pain,especially with no saves after the initial Knight fight that's kinda hard...I fought in one of the rooms that skeleton that keeps respawning those skeletons and he has some kind of shield made of green sticks all around him,for about 20 minutes and he was still not dead...I died and now I have to refight all of that,including the initial Knight in the first room? F that,time to finish Tales Of Vesperia.

Good game overall,but that last section without a save is just a waste of time.
Do you have Grinn Valesti? That move makes absolutely everything a joke. 13000 initial damage + 3-7000 shockwave/area damage. It's excellent. Especially against that boss you're talking about.

Ricker

Blackjack said:
Do you have Grinn Valesti? That move makes absolutely everything a joke. 13000 initial damage + 3-7000 shockwave/area damage. It's excellent. Especially against that boss you're talking about.

Yeah,i have it but it didn't really help.I tried again this morning and died in the room with the 2 Blue Ogres this time.I'm using Edward(lvl 49),Aya(50),Eugene(50) and Capell(53).I'll try a few more times now that i use the skills correctly(i wasn't always holding down A,B to use the skill).

So I just finished Vesplume Tower and made it to the 2nd Disc....

....and I haven't played this in about two weeks ....dunno, for some reason I can't bring myself to play it right now. Don't know if it's general disinterest or what

Does the game pick up on the 2nd Disc, or is it more of the same? ....or maybe I already hit the peak with Vesplume?

I'm really not into the story at all....though I do like individual characters

Aaron

AgentOtaku said:
So I just finished Vesplume Tower and made it to the 2nd Disc....

....and I haven't played this in about two weeks ....dunno, for some reason I can't bring myself to play it right now. Don't know if it's general disinterest or what

Does the game pick up on the 2nd Disc, or is it more of the same? ....or maybe I already hit the peak with Vesplume?

I'm really not into the story at all....though I do like individual characters
Story never really picks up imo, but you'll get to see the cooler cities and have the more tasking boss fights. A number of new characters will join your crew, some useful some not. I personally enjoyed it more during the second half, but only a little more. So I'd say you haven't hit the peak, but don't expect a 10x improvement.

Aaron said:
Story never really picks up imo, but you'll get to see the cooler cities and have the more tasking boss fights. A number of new characters will join your crew, some useful some not. I personally enjoyed it more during the second half, but only a little more. So I'd say you haven't hit the peak, but don't expect a 10x improvement.

So story never really picks up eh? ....just more of the usual jRPG drivel? ....man....don't know if I wanna finish it then, I HAD TO FORCE MYSELF to finish Lost Odyssey ....and I felt dirty about afterward because I wasted so many hours

...fuck

Aaron

AgentOtaku said:
So story never really picks up eh? ....just more of the usual jRPG drivel? ....man....don't know if I wanna finish it then, I HAD TO FORCE MYSELF to finish Lost Odyssey ....and I felt dirty about afterward because I wasted so many hours

...fuck
usual JRPG drivel is a good way to describe it, yeah. Pretty much all the major events are cliches you've seen in other games a number of times before. If you're playing for the story, you'll only be disappointed. On the plus side though, Capell eventually stops being such a whiny wuss.

Ricker

God i'm such a noob sometimes...I can't believe i came this far(last tower) without reallly using Capell's battle skills :lol ...when i first started playing this,I was going back and forth with ToV and i completly forgot holding down A or B for Capell's battle skills...as a result,all of his skills,including Grinn Valesti are level one.I'll grind a bit near the save with Genma so i can raise Valesti to level 2 at least...I really want to see how it all ends,especially what happens to Aya and Capell.

robot

For those who have finished it

Is there a save point in the final castle? I fought a knight boss who reveals everything, then another 3 bosses before finally dying against the skeleton mage boss (this is the 2nd time you fight this boss btw).

I'm really not looking forward to going through all of that again, this is the first time I've come across where the lack of save points is REALLY annoying.

robot said:

Is there a save point in the final castle? I fought a knight boss who reveals everything, then another 3 bosses before finally dying against the skeleton mage boss (this is the 2nd time you fight this boss btw).

I'm really not looking forward to going through all of that again, this is the first time I've come across where the lack of save points is REALLY annoying.

I dont think so. There might be one after several bosses though, I dont remember. If you are having trouble try grinding on the lizard men outside of the castle, they give 1800-2000 xp per kill, can level up pretty fast off them.

batbeg

robot said:

There's one just after or before the kraken.

Darkman M

Im about ready to stomp the shit out of these game disk, the saving system has to be the worst ive ever scene, i usually don't like to bitch about problems i run into in games, but this game has seriously pissed me off.

Fu7king bosses popping up out of nowhere so you can't prepare for the battle ahead, half the time the game doesn't give you any hints of where to go next. Tihs game is down right frustrating.

Darkman M said:
Im about ready to stomp the shit out of these game disk, the saving system has to be the worst ive ever scene, i usually don't like to bitch about problems i run into in games, but this game has seriously pissed me off.

Fu7king bosses popping up out of nowhere so you can't prepare for the battle ahead, half the time the game doesn't give you any hints of where to go next. Tihs game is down right frustrating.

Yeah, I've decided I've completely lost interest and am done with the game....getting rid of it later this week

Egg Shen

AgentOtaku said:

...fuck
Well, as cliched as the story is, Edward's own thread is probably the most interesting part of the narrative, but it's too bad most everyone else's role had turned out to be incredibly predictable. The final battle is visually fun to watch and the combat system keeps things going, but at one point I just decided to ignore the story and focus on spamming Grinn Valesti.

robot

Finished last night - really fun game hindered by a somewhat flawed save system and some of the worst voice acting I've heard since Eternal Sonata.

Is the Seraphic Gate worth going through? I really like the combat so I'm hoping this is a good enough diversion to avoid being traded in.

Egg Shen

robot said:
Finished last night - really fun game hindered by a somewhat flawed save system and some of the worst voice acting I've heard since Eternal Sonata.

Is the Seraphic Gate worth going through? I really like the combat so I'm hoping this is a good enough diversion to avoid being traded in.
It recycles areas (and monster models) from the main campaign and ties them together as one uber dungeon, but there's lots of combat to be found there if you can't get enough.

MoogPaul

I don't think the voice acting is nearly as bad as people say. Now the animation syncing the voice work to the characters... I'm pretty sure they didn't even try.

batbeg

MoogPaul said:
I don't think the voice acting is nearly as bad as people say.

It isn't. There are few genuinely bad voice actors in here, but oh well.

MoogPaul said:
Now the animation syncing the voice work to the characters... I'm pretty sure they didn't even try.

They didn't. Luckily it seems a bit better than Valkyrie Profile 2, or I've just grown used to it, because it didn't bug me as much here.

Ricker

Finally finished the game last evening,man those last fights where kinda hard,if you didn't grind a bit at some points in the game.Overall i loved the game,clocked in at 30 hours,which is not bad,some well directed cut-scenes overall and decent pacing.We probably won't see a sequel but i would be up for more adventures with Aya and Capell.

Philthy

Revelations said:
You need the emblazoned sword for capells ultimate weapon? Ah hell...

Oh good grief, I was hanging on to it forever and decided to sell it a few saves back....

Can you rebuy this thing from the same store after the story has advanced?

So I'm still at the Chain along the coast right now....basically the beginning of the 2nd Disc

How much longer do I have to finish the game?

tehbear

Philthy said:
Oh good grief, I was hanging on to it forever and decided to sell it a few saves back....

No :(

But it won't matter when you are spamming GV all day.

batbeg

AgentOtaku said:
So I'm still at the Chain along the coast right now....basically the beginning of the 2nd Disc

How much longer do I have to finish the game?

A while. I beat the main game in about 25 hours, and was there areound the 12-14 hour mark I think. That's also the fight I most hated, that fucking tsunami bullshit :mad: I didn't even realize what I was meant to do the first two or three times :lol

batbeg said:
A while. I beat the main game in about 25 hours, and was there areound the 12-14 hour mark I think. That's also the fight I most hated, that fucking tsunami bullshit :mad: I didn't even realize what I was meant to do the first two or three times :lol

Yep, that's the one :lol

....hmm, half-way through huh? Damn, just started DQ8 too. Guess maybe I'll put DQ8 aside and finish IU....that or maybe just put IU aside until the Fall HDD install update.

Decisions, decisions...

tehbear

batbeg said:

I fought him for like 20 minutes before I targetted the right thing :(

u_neek

I FUCKING HATE the
final Underwater castle
. Three boss fights in a row, a bunch of insane enemies (that you can escape - but still) and NO FUCKING SAVE POINTS - and that's when I died. Stupid, stupid Tri Ace!

Any tips for this?

Darkman M

I ordered the guid for this game long ago along with the game, as most of us know the guide was delayed and i eventually forgot all about it. Anyways the guide finally arrived and to my surprise it's a huge fuckin 300+ page monster that looks surprisingly well built full of pictures and etc. You would think this was a huge budget Final Fantasy game from the look of the guide,Maybe the best looking brady guide i seen in a long time!:lol

tehbear

u_neek said:
I FUCKING HATE the
final Underwater castle
. Three boss fights in a row, a bunch of insane enemies (that you can escape - but still) and NO FUCKING SAVE POINTS - and that's when I died. Stupid, stupid Tri Ace!

Any tips for this?

Be a man.

No seriously just spam GV with Capell and your Y button. If your team is too dumb to heal run far far away and spam your berry pots yourself.

Those are just general strats, who are you dying on?

Nemesis_

The B Voucher is now available to download - from what I can tell, it adds heaps of cloths to the stores. I think the last voucher was much more useful =P

aparisi2274

Hey I have a quick question to anyone who has beaten the game...

I am on disc 2 (just got there) and I am on my way to
port zala
and I was just curious what level I should be at when I do eventually get to the final boss of the game??

My entire party is around 22 or 23 right now.

Thanks

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
So what's the verdict.....this or Vesperia? Or are both must haves?

aparisi2274 said:
Hey I have a quick question to anyone who has beaten the game...

I am on disc 2 (just got there) and I am on my way to
port zala
and I was just curious what level I should be at when I do eventually get to the final boss of the game??

My entire party is around 22 or 23 right now.

Thanks

Okay here' s a pointer. I was at lvl 31 when I reached Port Zala and I feel I'm wayyy to damn powerful. Doing 900 - 1000 points a slash. The lvl cap is 200 btw.

Zzoram

Darkman M said:
I ordered the guid for this game long ago along with the game, as most of us know the guide was delayed and i eventually forgot all about it. Anyways the guide finally arrived and to my surprise it's a huge fuckin 300+ page monster that looks surprisingly well built full of pictures and etc. You would think this was a huge budget Final Fantasy game from the look of the guide,Maybe the best looking brady guide i seen in a long time!:lol

I wonder if seeing that guide on shelves at EB will convince people to buy the game, purely by the quality of the guide. I mean, if a good looks THAT well done, the game HAS to be good right?

Philthy said:

Nope. I dont think so. I havn't seen it around anywhere. (Talking about The Emblazoned Sword.)

Nemesis_

I'm kinda of glad that Vesperia is region locked, at least I can try IU now and finish it.

Just began Seraphic Gate. I went o_O

eXistor

I bought IU at release and kinda forgot about it for a while even though I was really anticipating it (I guess the negative impressions did that). But I finally started playing and I'm about 6 hours in and loving it so far. Up until Nolaan te game is pretty iffy, the random gameplay elements that you're forced to play just aren't fun, but at Nolaan the game really takes off imo.

I've heard people say the environments are barren and too big, but I guess they must be the same people that hate FFXII for the same reason. I personally love huge environments. These aren't as involving as FFXII's but they're fine so far (I'm about to go to the desert, so this could still turn out badly, who knows).

The battlesystem is a bit clunky but very manageable, the framerate seems stable to me and the voiceovers are not great, but also very acceptable.

I just don't see what's wrong with the game. Unless it really goes belly-up during the latter parts of the game, I think this could be the best jrpg on the 360 so far (that's not saying all that much, I know).

Diablos

I'm super tired so I will post final impressions later, but I HAVE to get this out of my system (ending spoilers):

CAPELL SLAPS AYA HAHAHAHAHAHA
:lol :lol :lol :lol

It's totally out of place! Unexpected! So unlike the character that developed throughout the game! So... unnecessary! What the hell were they thinking?!

Also, (yes another ending spoiler ahead omgz) it is safe to assume that
the final scene with Aya is a dream since they were all talking about going to sleep anyway? I mean, wtf? Why would Capell just avoid her for two years :lol

Top Bottom