• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

Durante

Given that I'll be playing Disgaea 3 anyway for the forseeable future and that I really don't want to support next-gen JRPGs without dual audio I'll postpone my IU purchase and get it used later.

batbeg

Ninja Kn1ght said:
There's nothing unreasonable about comparing 2 eviews for two RPGs written by the same guy.

Yes. There is. By your logic I would trust all posters who like FFIX, like me. But Himuro goes on and on about how much he loves FFX, which is to me an empty shell of a boring ass game. Different people enjoy different aspects, different people are impressed by different facets, and beyond that the games aren't even in the same genre of RPG.

It's perfectly valid to discuss why the impressions and text may let you down, but to say "uh-oh, score is numerically less, sad, lawlz" isn't even an argument, just a dumb statement.

But beyond that, I was only replying to tell you Hilary is a guy, and padding it with the basic flaw in your statement.

jax (old)

Banned
mintylurb said:
Mangod vindicated!!
03lag2.gif

haha... that's too funny

In fact, you can really appreciate the detail when the framerate slows to a crawl.

:lol :lol

I wonder how the PS3 version will run. If it runs better... watch out FFXIII threads to come.

batbeg

Jax said:
I wonder how the PS3 version will run. If it runs better... watch out FFXIII threads to come.

Probably as well as White Knight Chronicles will run on 360.

This is a Microsoft funded game.

Cianalas said:
Do we know when any other reviews are going up?

Hopefully tonight, as this review was pretty devoid of new information beyond dubbing efforts confirmation.

KTallguy

Banned
Basch said:
:lol Some of you need to get over your fear and read some Death Note. Truly one of the most intelligent pieces of literature I have ever read. I hate "super animu" comments like this.

Death Note is pretty decent, but we both know that that's not what I'm talking about.

Basch

Quazar said:
1up said Wed I think. Hopefully we get them soon.

Tales of Vesperia: B+
Infinite Undiscovery: B
Disgaea 3: B-

1UP to complete the circle later tonight. :D

KTallguy said:
Death Note is pretty decent, but we both know that that's not what I'm talking about.

*Covers ears* No! Not the truth!

jax (old)

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
the ps3 version will run at approximately 1 fps (cause the closest thing its getting is a screen shot zing)

that's a retarded troll. The PS3 will get this later - its only timed exclusive. I don't know if tri-ace worked off white engine but they are part of SE so I'm thinking maybe they share development asset/tools/teams.

+

batbeg said:
Probably as well as White Knight Chronicles will run on 360.

This is a Microsoft funded game.

MS paid for timed exclusivity (or not? - no one knows the deal they did - could be advertising deals/promos..etc), but what this got to do with anything or WKC (which as far as I know is still PS3 exclusive). As mentioned above, IU will come to PS3.

Akai

Jax said:
MS paid for timed exclusivity (or not? - no one knows the deal they did - could be advertising deals/promos..etc), but what this got to do with anything or WKC (which as far as I know is still PS3 exclusive). As mentioned above, IU will come to PS3.

No, they FUNDED THE GAME...It's not timed exclusive, it's exclusive PERIOD...

h3ro

Jax said:

I'm pretty sure this is a joint publishing venture between SE and MS, meaning it's a shared IP. It's not going to be on PS3.

I think the game you're confusing this with is Star Ocean IV...

Quazar

Jax said:
that's a retarded troll. The PS3 will get this later - its only timed exclusive. I don't know if tri-ace worked off white engine but they are part of SE so I'm thinking maybe they share development asset/tools/teams.

+

Just stop.

Durante

Jax said:
Is that some speculative port talk I see?

WrikaWrek

Banned
Jax said:

+

You are thinking about Last Remnant i think, that one is timed exclusive. But MS didn't paid for it.

Or maybe you are thinking about Star Ocean 4, that has only been announced for the 360, but there is the possibility for a Ps3 version later down the line.

Anyway, IU is not the game you are talking about i think, because IU is exclusive period.

Jax said:

+

4tzklqt.gif

Get your facts straight.

goldenpp72

Jax said:

+

No, you're a retarded troll, this game is funded by microsoft and I think they own the IP as well, assuming this will be on ps3 is just the same as me assuming white knight story is coming to 360.

OMG WKS 360!

Keikoku

Banned
Jax said:

+

:lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
As everyone has noted, this is an MS funded game. Furthermore, the tools are probably all created in house by Tri-Ace. I'm just disappointed that the visuals/performance turned out so awful, though, as Tri-Ace is known for much better. This really has the feeling of a project they didn't care about.

SO4 looks much more impressive, though.

I doubt either game shares any of the tools/technology used for the XIII games, though.

Volcynika

Jax said:

+

Like the people above said...you are wrong.

Jax said:

+

Ouch. You just made an ass of yourself son.

GreekWolf

Jax said:
This is the greatest supporting evidence yet for euthanasia.

goldenpp72

anyone wanna bet on jax posting/not posting again in this thread.

Extra bet placed on him saying the same shit in another IU thread in the future

CAVE343

goldenpp72 said:
anyone wanna bet on jax posting/not posting again in this thread.

Extra bet placed on him saying the same shit in another IU thread in the future

I'm betting that he will post another stupid remark in response.

edit: I'm so buying this one!

so Beijing olympics is better the infinite undiscovery

according to IGN

lewls

oh well i guess at first you dont suceed dust yourself off and try again

I'm actually glad it isn't that long. I still need to get to Vesparia and then to Last Remnant and Fallout 3 later.

The review doesn't phase me. Blue Dragon got average reviews and I freaking love that RPG. I can't wait to get this game.

Jax said:

+

:lol

goddamn i just had to quote this because of how wrong you are.

anyways sucks about the score for those that hang their hat on them.

i'll be enjoyin the game come next week.

kiryogi

Banned
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Well, Abyss is great despite some nagging technical issues. ToS itself is pretty terrible :lol

I've got my fingers crossed for ToV.

Well, ToS was their first forray into bringing LMB into multi dimensions, but as I said in the other thread. Vesperia is the end result of what they've been trying to do. A completely polished and evolved battle system. Anyway, that's off topic. I'll still grab this regardless. JP version of course. In hindsight though, the only thing Tri-ace ever got right was Valkyrie Profille. Radiata/Star Oceans had their share of problems.

Just finished reading the IGN reiview and I don't fully understand why the game received a 7.1. Sure the framerate isn't great all the time, the voice work is meh, and there are too many characters to manage, but really 7.1?

I look forward to reading more reviews and getting my hands on the game.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Classic_Gs said:
Just finished reading the IGN reiview and I don't fully understand why the game received a 7.1. Sure the framerate isn't great all the time, the voice work is meh, and there are too many characters to manage, but really 7.1?

I look forward to reading more reviews and getting my hands on the game.
he also said the game never got boring and the story was good... despite slamming it in the first paragraph, I don't really understand.

Oh well.

batbeg

I was just happy to see the new pictures they put up with the review :D But yeah, there are a great number of people willing to damn the game on one reviewers word. It's easy to tell when you aren't going to enjoy a game, but the annoying part is how many of these complainers conveniently remember to mention Tales :O

I'M SO HYPED!! Though my grocery money is about to cut into my Undiscovery money :(

kiryogi said:
Well, ToS was their first forray into bringing LMB into multi dimensions, but as I said in the other thread. Vesperia is the end result of what they've been trying to do. A completely polished and evolved battle system. Anyway, that's off topic. I'll still grab this regardless. JP version of course. In hindsight though, the only thing Tri-ace ever got right was Valkyrie Profille. Radiata/Star Oceans had their share of problems.

Star Ocean is incredible. ESPECIALLY 3 :lol

NOTE: I don't give two flying fucks that the story in SO3 is a complete mess. It's completely irrelevant.

Top Bottom