• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE |OT| Limbo's Big Brother is Watching You

Montresor

Can someone let me know if they have this problem?

My game seems to output fine. I.E. No black crush as far as I can tell. The game has tons of blacks and greys and they seem fine.

But half of my screenshots appear to be way too dark. I've had to delete those.

Do screenshots have black crush?

Montresor

Also, I finished the game today. It is for sure my game of the year and generation so far. The game has masterful level design, sound design, tension, atmosphere and world building.

It's a hard 5/5 and very very easily the best Xbox One game you can buy.

Ninjimbo

As someone who thought Limbo was just OK would you recommend me this GAF?
Yeah. Even if you don't like it, it's still worth playing since it's like three hours long and the experience is unlike anything else you've ever played and that includes Limbo.

Why did you feel Limbo was OK, that it could have done better? This improves on Limbo in every way, but if your gripes were that the puzzles were easy or trial & error, this is still the same formula, just polished and refined to an insane level

MaulerX

Just beat it. Wow this game is an amazing experience. That's all I have to describe it, an amazing experience. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I just played. Lol.

Just beat Inside last night. I also thought Limbo was just OK, and even though I thought this was better, it's still just ok. Both games feel like I'm walking through someone's art project, which is neat but they're both one and done experiences. Not much game, more of an experience.

Just beat it. Wow this game is an amazing experience. That's all I have to describe it, an amazing experience. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I just played. Lol.

I think everyone feels like that at the end of the game. Like... what the hell was that? You really just have to go along with it and try to digest it later.

Can someone let me know if they have this problem?

My game seems to output fine. I.E. No black crush as far as I can tell. The game has tons of blacks and greys and they seem fine.

But half of my screenshots appear to be way too dark. I've had to delete those.

Do screenshots have black crush?

I noticed the screenshots for the achievements had very prominent black crush.

Been playing the game for (according to Xbox One) 2 hours and 3 minutes and game progress is 33%. Loving it and i hope i have much more to see and do. Really digging the atmosphere here and some of the original features and puzzles. Really nice stuff and i love the dark tone.

ekim

Been playing the game for (according to Xbox One) 2 hours and 3 minutes and game progress is 33%. Loving it and i hope i have much more to see and do. Really digging the atmosphere here and some of the original features and puzzles. Really nice stuff and i love the dark tone.

Where do you see the progress?

JonnyKong

I have tears in my eyes here from laughing at this final section. It's so unbelievably messed up and random. I never, ever saw this coming.

Ekim, the game progress is displayed in the game hub for each individual game.

ced

This is getting close to impossible for me not to spoil the game, but I really loved Limbo so I want to hold out.

Zach

This is getting close to impossible for me not to spoil the game, but I really loved Limbo so I want to hold out.

Leave. Pretend like this thread and the game itself do not exist until you've actually played through it.

Vire

Why did you feel Limbo was OK, that it could have done better? This improves on Limbo in every way, but if your gripes were that the puzzles were easy or trial & error, this is still the same formula, just polished and refined to an insane level
Hmm, that's pretty much what my gripes were, but also there was something very ephemeral about the experience for me where I barely remembered what I had played the next day.

I guess thinking about it, part of the problem was that it didn't have an impacting story for me even though I feel like the game was trying to tell me something. All I remember is spiders and anti gravity rooms. Maybe that's partly on me? An enjoyable game, but not something I would shout from the rooftops as many did back when it was released.

The thing is, I don't really have anything to play as it stands and as another member mentioned it was only three hours, so ah what the hell.

SOLDIER

How's this run on XB1? I assume it should run flawlessly, but I just wanted to check if there were any reasons I should wait for the Steam version instead.

Montresor

The performance on XB1 is flawless. If you're itching to play it now, don't hesitate.

It's not just flawless performance. The game is absolutely beautiful. Playdead are masterful devs - this is a game filled with blacks and greys and the game still looks beautiful, vivid, and crisp, even on a console known for black crush issues.

Though for some reason recorded screenshots seem to have issues - but the game looks beautiful and performs perfectly.

Can someone help me out. I am stuck early in the game
where some little chicks are following me inside a barn. Turned on the machine and not sure what to do next.

Montresor

use machine to suck up chicks

That's how you solve it?

I remember passing that part and having no idea what I actually did to solve that puzzle - that's the only puzzle I didn't understand, and I "brute forced" it essentially. That is really grim. =/

The game from start to finish is so oppressive...

LiK

That's how you solve it?

I remember passing that part and having no idea what I actually did to solve that puzzle - that's the only puzzle I didn't understand, and I "brute forced" it essentially. That is really grim. =/

The game from start to finish is so oppressive...

It was pretty great. I was stuck running back and forth and then it hit me. Loved every single puzzle. :D

the chicks lived. They were still moving around

tayls129

Just finished it and can easily say that was the most enthralling, incredible 4-5 hours I've had in a game in a very, very long time. Absolutely spot on, and describing moments to people feels like you're describing a crazy, night-long dream. I adored Limbo, but this is just head and shoulders beyond that game in terms of concept, atmosphere, and presentation. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Best $20 I've spent in years.

It was pretty great. I was stuck running back and forth and then it hit me. Loved every single puzzle. :D

Yes. It clicked for me
when I noticed the chicks trailed behind you when you ran and that you needed to hold the lever for the machine to stay on

LiK

Damn, my playtime is only 3 hours. I guess I figured out the puzzles pretty quickly and ignored looking for all the secrets so that's why, will def replay for the cheevos

tquinta

Neo Member

Not for me. One of them remained there, lying on the floor, not moving.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Damn, my playtime is only 3 hours. I guess I figured out the puzzles pretty quickly and ignored looking for all the secrets so that's why, will def replay for the cheevos

how do you check?

The wait for the PC release is grueling. All this talk of the atmosphere and level design... also I gotta see the ending for myself. Can't believe some of the reactions.

I'm stuck. I'm trying to
outswim the scary water monster and there's a hanging chain hook that somehow is supposed to help me (distract her?)

The way they introduce then evolve and manipulate puzzle/game mechanics is delightful. What a truly bizarre, gorgeous, uncomfortable piece of art this game is. True surrealism is so hard to do well and is so rare in games that when it rears its head so confidently (like Kentucky Route Zero does) I am left in a state of awe.

tayls129

I'm stuck. I'm trying to
outswim the scary water monster and there's a hanging chain hook that somehow is supposed to help me (distract her?)

climb the chain, hit the button, then move down the chain as it moves across. Move down so your feet are in the water to lure her away from where you'll be jumping in again. This will give you the extra time you need.

DirtyLarry

Nope, I would not, and I absolutely loved it. I actually thought Limbo had better puzzles overall.

I loved Inside, make no mistake about it, and it is a more refined experience as others have already said, but I thought Limbo was more challenging.

Top Bottom