• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE |OT| Limbo's Big Brother is Watching You

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dammit, it hasn't unlocked in Denmark yet. They really ought to do that at the same time worldwide :(

It hasn't unlocked anywhere. He was given a key to the beta testing sub, which has a release state override.

georly

game is crashing for me, can´t play

I'm hearing on twitter it's an absolutely terrible port, with denuvo on top as icing on the cake. Sounds like avoiding is the proper thing to do for now.

Edit: I don't know full details, some people are saying it plays just fine (1440p 60fps).

ldcommando

Banned
update

had to manually install the redist stuff, now the game runs

getting locked 60 fps, runs great

the settings menu is very bare bones, almost nothing to experiment with. (just resolution and full screen)

ldcommando

Banned
amazing, I can only play the game after doing a reinstall of the redist stuff.

I´ve never seen this before.

Edit: If I quit the game to come here to post, the game dies when I try running it again.

Fucking A

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Anyone else trying to play this with Steam link? It won't recognize my inputs with the controller. So I'm just going to play on the monitor for now :(

Draft

I already bought it because the minimum requirement was surprisingly a Q6600/650. Burned again by pre-order culture.

prudislav

seems like my aversion to Denuvo saved me from just another technical clusterduck ;-)

I guess this is gonna be perfect sale/family share material if I ever finish Limbo

AJ_Wings

It runs absolutely fine on my PC with a rock solid 144 FPS. It seems that vsync is always on which I don't mind since this is a 2D where I can't control the camera.

It's Inside. It's freakin' fantastic. Planning to beat it a second time tonight.

80 minutes in and I'm loving it. The atmosphere is absolutely insane. Never played Limbo but thinking of going back to it just because of this game.

bede-x

30 minutes in and runs perfectly (60fps). I've loved every minute already, which might seem odd to say after such a short time, but my god are those minutes packed.

Great game so far. Might even be GOTY contender if it keeps up the pace.

Edit: Also game runs flawlessly on my PC. Sure, there aren't any graphics options, but do you really need them for a game like this? Really?

Trojan

I feel like an idiot...I cannot figure out how to get past the part where
the dog is chasing you right at the start of the game. I jump over the chasm and grab hold under the tree, but then I don't know what to do....

Anyone know what I'm missing?

EDIT: nevermind, apparently I'm having a controller issue because I tried this on KBM and it worked fine

greenteaa

Neo Member
So excited to play this! Only recently finished Limbo for the first time so I'm interested to see if there's any connection between the two.
Holding off on playing until it gets dark where I am to add to the atmosphere.

mabec

Only played an hour and i can't see the big value in this product. You get the full picture just by Youtubing it. Not saying everyone should, but thats how much gameplay there is in this.

Only played an hour and i can't see the big value in this product. You get the full picture just by Youtubing it. Not saying everyone should, but thats how much gameplay there is in this.
The actual mechanics of a game are only one facet of what makes a game worth playing. Inside has many aspects that could never come across through simply watching passively

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Oh come on, really? Even within the first hour (what I've played so far) there are puzzles, platforming, a bit of stealth. It's fun to play aside from having a great atmosphere.

The actual mechanics of a game are only one facet of what makes a game worth playing. Inside has many aspects that could never come across through simply watching passively

I agree. I've played through the game 3 times now in the past week; the whole experience to me is just outstanding. Even though I know how to breeze past all the puzzles now, I still have the urge to do several more play-throughs this year (and likely beyond).

TheYanger

I mean...no? You can get the 'full picture' of any game by youtubing it if you're only interested in SEEING them. That's not the same thing as experiencing them or playing them.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The achievements in my game are unlocking, but I can't see the list/stats, it just goes to my profile (where the game's not visible yet). Anyone else have this issue?

btw the game does not support the 360 pad yet with steam link...

Q:I do not get input when using Steam Link with a wired USB controller (XBox 360 controller, Dual Shock 4 controller, etc).
A: We currently only support using a Steam Controller on the Steam Link streaming box. We are looking into this and will hopefully find a workaround to support other controllers.

mabec

75 minutes actually. I am not trying to throw hate on the title, its impressive on many aspects but i just can't like it. Yes there are puzzles, puzzles that are a bit to obvious.
I don't really feel like it give anything back, its just a long journey, running away from everything see and meet. I dont know, i had high expectations on this one and Limbo did impress me back in the days. That and it uses Denuvo, for an indietitle that kinda bugs me too, but thats another topic.

If you are trying to refund it thru Steam they call the title "Project 2" and not "Inside", which took me forever to figure out since i bought it among a bunch of other games durring the summer sale.

Top Bottom