• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Dany

Banned
7.1 beta 4 is buggy. I've had apps crash repeatedly. and I would have to delete the app and redownload it. But even then after a few hours it would crash again.

Deku Tree

Supposedly iOS 7.0.5 is out. But "The update is only available for some models of the iPhone 5s and 5c"

And it is not available for my phone.

Blackhead

Redarse
Anyone else notice that all the Twitter push notifications are always truncated and you have to open the app to see the full tweet/message?!

Ambitious

I don't like how they implemented the disappearing navigation bar in Safari. I prefer tapping the bottom of the screen to make it appear over scrolling up, but I feel uncomfortable to do so when there's an ad at the bottom of the screen, despite knowing I won't actually tap it.
On my old 3GS, I had a jailbreak tweak that allowed me to toggle fullscreen mode by simply tapping twice and then holding for a second - I miss that.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Man, pressure sensitive capacitive surfaces exist. I would put it on apple to release one that only has only two states of sensitivity. thats such an apple move that would solve so many problems. that would open up a galaxy of new interactions while only adding one layer of complexity. thats how id do it.

Ambitious

My twos are broken.

img_0023eosij.png

This is possibly not just an IOS7 Safari thing, but I'll give it a go here just in case:

Does anyone else frequently get signed out of the mobile version of neogaf? Every time it happens (and reverts me to the hideous 'light' theme), all I need to do is click a link within GAF to go to a new page and then find my way back and I'll be signed back in (eg: click prev page, then click next page), but it's incredibly annoying - especially on train journeys with patchy net coverage.

Deku Tree

This is possibly not just an IOS7 Safari thing, but I'll give it a go here just in case:

Does anyone else frequently get signed out of the mobile version of neogaf? Every time it happens (and reverts me to the hideous 'light' theme), all I need to do is click a link within GAF to go to a new page and then find my way back and I'll be signed back in (eg: click prev page, then click next page), but it's incredibly annoying - especially on train journeys with patchy net coverage.

No, but I use the "hideous" light theme all the time.

mrkgoo

Never had that happen at all.

I don't use dark theme.

rezuth

You have private browsing on.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I have no idea what I'm looking for here.

I'm guessing the period.
What's the context for this? Is it in a browser? Text messages? I've never noticed the period missing when I needed it. Though I usually double space to period. Still, what context is this keyboard being used in?

And does the white background mean anything? Because I really like that transparent keyboard at the top. I'd hope it's not gone.

I can't wait for 7.1 to drop. As well as 10.9.2.

mrkgoo

The shift/caps lock key.

keyboardchanges.jpg

I admit it may have been kind of obscure which mode the shift key was in, but I do't think it's any MORE clear this way. I'm indifferent.

Also, I hate that fullstop/period button. Making the space button smaller actually annoys me and makes it harder to type.

Branson

When you guys search on safari do you always hit the period button now? Like for example movies.the.rock. is in? Annoying shit.

overcast

So, it may be a problem slightly with my headphones, but I'm concerned my headpone jack on my 4s is screwy. Sound fades a lot, pauses often. Any ideas?

Worried I may just need a new iphone or something.

mrkgoo

So, it may be a problem slightly with my headphones, but I'm concerned my headpone jack on my 4s is screwy. Sound fades a lot, pauses often. Any ideas?

Have you tried a different pair of headphones?

Often stuff with pausing is just dust in the jack. Get a light and take a look and give it a hard blow.

overcast

Have you tried a different pair of headphones?

Often stuff with pausing is just dust in the jack. Get a light and take a look and give it a hard blow.
I've kind of tried different headphones. Mine are definitely a bit messed up. I use them on my 3DS and computer, they still cut out sometimes, but are much better than when used on my iphone.

I'll try doing that. Thanks man.

M_A_C

So I'm getting an iPad for the first time after having iPhones forever. Quick question, should I just do a cloud backup from my iPhone to my iPad? Will that transfer everything ok and is it smart enough to know to get the iPad vesions of apps I may have?

So I'm getting an iPad for the first time after having iPhones forever. Quick question, should I just do a cloud backup from my iPhone to my iPad? Will that transfer everything ok and is it smart enough to know to get the iPad vesions of apps I may have?

I don't think you can transfer iPhone to iPad. iCloud backups seem to treat them completely separate. And if it did, it'd transfer the apps to the iPad version if it was a universal app. Otherwise you'll get a blown up iPhone version.

overcast

So I just posted this ^ last page. Forgot to add. When I have my headphones in (just when I have my headphones in) Siri will go off, songs will rapidly fast forward out of nowhere, and songs occasionally switch. Uhhh... What the fuck.

Number45

So I just posted this ^ last page. Forgot to add. When I have my headphones in (just when I have my headphones in) Siri will go off, songs will rapidly fast forward out of nowhere, and songs occasionally switch. Uhhh... What the fuck.
Did you check it for dust? On more than one occasion I've had to have a clean out in there - I just use a straightened paper clip to hook it all out.

Ambitious

By the way, I wonder why it's not possible to close tabs in Safari by swiping them to the right. The only reason I can think of is that they reserved the gesture for possible future functuality.

mrkgoo

By the way, I wonder why it's not possible to close tabs in Safari by swiping them to the right. The only reason I can think of is that they reserved the gesture for possible future functuality.

I think it's just mimicking the rest of the OS, where swiping to the left reveals a delete.

Shearie

Something I've been meaning to ask for awhile now. To people using the 7.1 betas: Have they brought back deleting all songs off an album or from an artist in the Music app? It annoys the shit out of me that ever since iOS 7 I have to connect to a computer in order to easily delete large amounts of songs off my iPhone.

Ambitious

Geez, I just noticed some kind of light bleeding (or whatever the correct term is) on my iPad's screen. At the bottom of the screen, a bit left of the center, there's a brownish/yellowish spot. It's only noticeable when the screen is displaying black and all lights are off.

It's a 3rd gen iPad which I've had since its release, and I've never noticed this. I'm actually quite sure this wasn't there before, but is this even possible? I mean, I assumed problems like light bleeding, IPS glowing and such are caused during manufacturing and don't simply appear after some time of use - or after misuse. But even if I'm wrong, what could have caused this? I'm very careful with all my devices.

edit: Another issue, though this one is luckily a software problem. When I rotate the iPad - again while it's displaying something black - I can see a weird pixelated white border around the content during the rotation animation. I managed to make a screenshot:

imagenisia.jpg

There are just a few white dots in the picture, but that's because the border is flickering.

rezuth

Geez, I just noticed some kind of light bleeding (or whatever the correct term is) on my iPad's screen. At the bottom of the screen, a bit left of the center, there's a brownish/yellowish spot. It's only noticeable when the screen is displaying black and all lights are off.

It's a 3rd gen iPad which I've had since its release, and I've never noticed this. I'm actually quite sure this wasn't there before, but is this even possible? I mean, I assumed problems like light bleeding, IPS glowing and such are caused during manufacturing and don't simply appear after some time of use - or after misuse. But even if I'm wrong, what could have caused this? I'm very careful with all my devices.

edit: Another issue, though this one is luckily a software problem. When I rotate the iPad - again while it's displaying something black - I can see a weird pixelated white border around the content during the rotation animation. I managed to make a screenshot:

imagenisia.jpg

There are just a few white dots in the picture, but that's because the border is flickering.

You might be careful but others may not be, I had some light issues appear on my old iPhone right before I switched.

Top Bottom