• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 9: More than meets the eye

Anyone figure out which Content Blocker is Marco Arment's? Sounds like he has one up on the store, but he isn't saying or linking which it is at the moment.

dkeane

Wow, at how fast pages load with a content blocker enabled. Boston.com was basically unusable, now it's super fast.

FStop7

Banned
Couldn't get OTA to work so I installed iTunes. First time I've used it in like a year. Yep, it's still a piece of shit. Promptly uninstalled as soon as the update was done.

iOS 9 seems pretty okay.

App blocker doesn't work on m.youtube.com :/ I was really hoping for an ad free YouTube experience.
And overall 9 is slightly, just slightly slower than 8 on my air 2. Select text is also wonky for now.

Quick

Banned

758.gif

Just installed it. Definitely a huge improvement on loading times.

cjp

Love (pretty much) everything so far.

Only disappointed with two things:

1. No content blocking for my poor iPhone 5.
2. Don't like any of the new wallpapers.

jstripes

Banned
It's astonishing to go to MacRumors comment section. Endless pages of people saying "Download failed, anyone else getting this?"

Everyone is asking if anyone else is getting the same issue that the entire room is complaining about. Fantastic.

The MacRumors comment sections are full of eternal twelve year olds.

-griffy-

Banned
Love (pretty much) everything so far.

Only disappointed with two things:

1. No content blocking for my poor iPhone 5.
2. Don't like any of the new wallpapers.

Does it run alright on your 5? Wondering if I should suggest my mom update her phone or hold out.

amm

apologies if already asked but how do I remove people's pictures / initials to the left of my text messages view? I just want it how it was in ios8

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
apologies if already asked but how do I remove people's pictures / initials to the left of my text messages view? I just want it how it was in ios8
Funny. That's a feature that was only on the 6+ and people were mad that it wasn't on other iPhones. I don't think there's an option to remove it. I wish it was on my 5C too. The icons just make it so much easier to tell at a glance who is who.

kaskade

Also remember, when iOS updates shit is moving around and indexing. So some things might seem slower right away. Probably would effect the battery a bit too.

amm

Funny. That's a feature that was only on the 6+ and people were mad that it wasn't on other iPhones. I don't think there's an option to remove it. I wish it was on my 5C too. The icons just make it so much easier to tell at a glance who is who.

I just don't have pictures for anyone so it's an additional grey circle and redundant initials :(

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I just don't have pictures for anyone so it's an additional grey circle and redundant initials :(
If you connect to FaceBook it will download some for you. Otherwise just start going around taking photos of your friends. ;)

Send Apple feedback to get an option. (If you've already checked Settings for one.)

Top Bottom