• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 9: More than meets the eye

Fliesen

Isn't this always how it goes though? Too much damn traffic.

Software Update Failed on my 6 and on my Air 2. And in my heart.

"software update failed"

great.

Keeping getting an error with phone and ipad for updating. Anyone have a link to download it on desktop?

Software update failed here as well. iPad Air 2

Downloading on the iPad. Failing on the iPhone

well, we're essentially DDoSing the update servers, aren't we ;)

Eklesp

Updating now. Couldn't do it through my iPhone 6 so I went to iTunes. Update is 1.84GB, despite the iPhone telling me it was 1.0GB.

9 does some stuff to make the update smaller when OTA updating.

pakMXiN.png

It's astonishing to go to MacRumors comment section. Endless pages of people saying "Download failed, anyone else getting this?"

Everyone is asking if anyone else is getting the same issue that the entire room is complaining about. Fantastic.

jelly

Yuck, what the hell have they done to the app switcher. It was so much better being simple with no flair. Change that back please.

BeeDog

Alright, updated my phone a short while ago, and so far so good. Feels quite snappy on my 6+, but still haven't had the fortune to try the link function, and those smaller new things.

Maximus.

Anyone know how I can get the new notes app, I was on the beta and chose to use the old version for compatibility.

samn

Just like the iOS 9 betas, just like the iOS 9 GM, updating to this last update has destroyed my iPad Air 2. It's almost completely unresponsive. Now I have to restore it again in DFU mode, which obviously is taking a while to download the ipsw.

I'm dreading the iOS 9.0.1 update that again forces me to restore.

Anyone who has it downloaded notice any slowdowns to their device? I mainly wait on downloading the newest OS if it will affect performance.

Maximus.

Anyone who has it downloaded notice any slowdowns to their device? I mainly wait on downloading the newest OS if it will affect performance.

I was on the beta for iOS 9 and this update has made everything smooth. I would need to test it throughout the day to get a better feel of the performance.

Top Bottom