• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 9: More than meets the eye

did they pull the update? not seeing it on iTunes or my phone

edit: nvm took a long damn time to show up for some reason. had to pretend i was download an iTunes update

I downloaded iOS9 and it says I have about 100 apps that need updating in the app store. But when I go to the update screen they all say Open instead of Update. What's the deal? Update All is grayed out.

I downloaded iOS9 and it says I have about 100 apps that need updating in the app store. But when I go to the update screen they all say Open instead of Update. What's the deal? Update All is grayed out.

Same thing happened to me, except I don't have that many apps... Only had to update 2; but I fixed it by deleting and redownloading.

Can't see you doing that with every app you have though.

On my iPad Air this is happening though it only says I have to update 3 things.

On my iPod Touch 6 everything seems to be working great.

Wow this is out today?

D/Ling on Ipad...

Only took 2 minutes.. Don't know how all of you are failing..

Will D/L Crystal when I hit the other side

cjp

How long does it take for the new back shortcut to revert to the signal and Wi-Fi indicator if not pressed?

kaskade

Verizon app updated with spotlight search. Pretty cool that I can search bill and then click pay bill or view bill and it'll take me right to the section. Can't wait until more apps start using this.

I still don't see the update available under settings and software update on my iPhone or iPad. It is prompting me to install 8.4.1, which it says is downloaded. Do I need to install that first? Or just keep waiting?

I still don't see the update available under settings and software update on my iPhone or iPad. It is prompting me to install 8.4.1, which it says is downloaded. Do I need to install that first? Or just keep waiting?
You may have to install that first if you've already downloaded it.

Question to anyone who can answer it!

Now that we have contact photos next to everyones text messages...how do I update that picture to everones current Facebook photo? Rather than then years old one I currently have.

Unfortunately, site admins will just bitch about ad blockers instead of actually fixing their shit.

Unfortunately I think you're right. This is the type of scenario where they will refuse to actually understand/hear the real reasons why people are flocking to adblockers in the first place. They won't have it that their irresponsible use of ads, lack of control/supervision/quality leading to ads that are filled with lies, mischievous behavior, and all sorts of other shadiness, slowness, etc. are the reason why people want them gone. They won't have it that had every site limited themselves to fast, unobtrusive ads, no one would want to use adblockers. No, instead of taking the route of actually optimizing their sites, enforcing control preventing mischievous/illegal/deceitful ads from appearing, etc., they will just prefer to keep what they have, but enter into an endless cat-and-mouse game by trying to find ways to circumvent adblockers so they can have it their way and continue to feed us ads that pop open the appstore to some shitty F2P garbage game. I hate this world.

God, every time I update the iOS version I have to go through every setting and make sure that it's all to my liking, especially with so much new stuff like iOS 9

Can't wait to download Crystal

Question to anyone who can answer it!

Now that we have contact photos next to everyones text messages...how do I update that picture to everones current Facebook photo? Rather than then years old one I currently have.

I'm pretty sure you can just go to the Facebook option in Settings and there will be a way to download all that

However, it's not perfect. It will mess some photos up

VAD

I update to ios 9 stable (I think) with itunes but checking for updates from my iphone show me ios 9.1 beta. What can I do to go back completely to stable releases?

The Verge.

Macrumors.

Holy crap Macrumors loads practically instantly with Purify whereas without it I thought there was something wrong with my internet connection.

That doesn't seem to work so well for me... It updated like 11 contacts out of my 300+... Is there anything I'm doing wrong? :/

It relies on the information in your contacts and Facebook to match. Perhaps your friends don't have their phone numbers or something tied to their accounts.

Holy crap Macrumors loads practically instantly with Purify whereas without it I thought there was something wrong with my internet connection.

It relies on the information in your contacts and Facebook to match. Perhaps your friends don't have their phone numbers or something tied to their accounts.

Oh wow, then that sucks greatly, because obviously most won't. Why can't it fetch my list of Facebook friends, match with names, and ask me if this is the right person? Seriously I have like 300+ contacts, I'm not going to update them manually...

Maybe thats what it is. But I tried that first way, and didn't do anything. I still have mid-2013 photos as everyones contact photos.

Its not a huge deal, just mildly annoying when I have to see it on my phone now.

Majine

Banned
I thought there would be a flood of iOS 9 app updates, but so far, only a few apps got updated before the release earlier today. No updates shown since release.

Oh wow, then that sucks greatly, because obviously most won't. Why can't it fetch my list of Facebook friends, match with names, and ask me if this is the right person? Seriously I have like 300+ contacts, I'm not going to update them manually...

I googled it and it may actually be based off of names but there's definitely something weird going on with it since I have some facebook accounts synced in my contacts even when their names didn't match up exactly.

Top Bottom