• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 9: More than meets the eye

Nicktendo86

Is just downloaded io9 to my iPhone 5 (which I am just using until the Moto x style is released in the uk). Not been keeping up with ios9 at all so this is very new to me, hate the new font (the i on the keyboard looks misaligned) and thee is jank, pressing the home button if you go to the end of the multitasking menu makes it spaz out it seems.

Multi-tasking and picture in picture are definitely the big futures in this for me. I'm gonna get so much more use out of my iPad now, wow.

I wouldn't mind except for the occasional ads that keep throwing me to the App Store. Ugh.

I keep wondering how the internet gets away with ads like that. Imagine if on TV you'd see ads saying you'd won an iPhone and to call in a certain number to get it, and if you did they'd ask for your credit card number and then run off with your money. That's exactly the kinds of ads I'm encountering on the net. This shit needs to stop.

I keep wondering how the internet gets away with ads like that. Imagine if on TV you'd see ads saying you'd won an iPhone and to call in a certain number to get it, and if you did they'd ask for your credit card number and then run off with your money. That's exactly the kinds of ads I'm encountering on the net. This shit needs to stop.

That doesn't seem like a very good comparison.

Crystal breaks the Dominos pizza tracker. 1 star.

Also when making a post the screen doesn't snap to center, so now you have to scroll to hit submit. Is that an iOS9 thing or a Crystal thing?

Tie

Neo Member
Just downloaded the iOS update now, seems to be the same, if not faster than 8.4 was on my 5s.

Really wish Apple would hurry up and release News to the UK already damnit!

Seems like App Store propagation is taking a really long time right now. I'm looking forward to 1Blocker, it seems like it has a ton of options.

Hmm, I usually have my iphone on 2 minute autolock, but since iOS 9, it seems the 2 minute option is actually 1 minute.

Can anyone confirm this and see for themselves?

Right, so if my calculations are right, the auto lock feature is off by one minute on each setting.

For 2 minutes its 1 minute
for 3 minutes its 2 minutes

Can anyone else see if they have the same timings or is it just my iOS install being buggy.

Roo

I assume Apple servers are being hammered hard right now.
Been downloading the update for 2 hours now >.>

Top Bottom