• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 9: More than meets the eye

ZeroX03

Banned
I can't get rid of the "show all Music" prompt. It's because I don't want songs I've purchased to show up in my list and have selected "Only Offline Music". I figure it's one of those things Apple will realize is stupid and get rid of eventually.

Also there apps on your lock screen? Thanks to Touch ID I haven't really seen my lock screen in two years.

Purify is on sale for $0.99 right now; it doesn't screw up Engadget's formatting like Crystal does, I am liking this already.

Oh great! Crystal was breaking local websites so I knew I had to switch to Purify, this is a nice bonus.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It might be too early to call, but I feel that 9.0.1 improves the app switcher on my 6 plus.

samn

I can't get rid of the "show all Music" prompt. It's because I don't want songs I've purchased to show up in my list and have selected "Only Offline Music". I figure it's one of those things Apple will realize is stupid and get rid of eventually.

I've heard if you tap that prompt, then go into settings to turn off Apple Music, it won't show again.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've heard if you tap that prompt, then go into settings to turn off Apple Music, it won't show again.

Doesn't work. It comes back as soon as I turn "Only Offline Music" back on.

Between this and Siri, Apple is making it frustratingly hard for people who only listen to music locally.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
But where are the files for Notes stores? That's the problem I'm having.
iCloud obfuscates data really badly. It's my main problem with it. Certain apps will store files as normal files you can just open, but stuff like notes and reminders and other data will be oddly named and hidden away.

Bravo Apple, bravo!

IMG_2384_zpseqqapc0c.jpg

Ninja Dom

This is frustrating.

I've updated to iOS 9.0.1 and in Photos, the Recently Deleted album is at the top of all the albums. Even above Camera Roll.

I can't move it down to the very bottom, where I want it.

Any ideas??

mrkgoo

This is frustrating.

I've updated to iOS 9.0.1 and in Photos, the Recently Deleted album is at the top of all the albums. Even above Camera Roll.

I can't move it down to the very bottom, where I want it.

Any ideas??

I had some weird glitches, but if you start shuffling the Other apps, sometimes the top album becomes "editable", and I reshuffled a bunch of un moveable albums around this way.

In the podcast app, there's now an "up next" list, but I don't how to clear the up next history (which is populated with a bunch of episodes I've never listened to)

Ninja Dom

I had some weird glitches, but if you start shuffling the Other apps, sometimes the top album becomes "editable", and I reshuffled a bunch of un moveable albums around this way.

What do you mean?

EDIT: Oh I see you mean other albums, giving that a try. No joy so far.

EDIT 2: Tried for about a minute or two, shuffling the other albums of mine around. But I can't shuffle anything above the pre-made Apple albums in the Photo app.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It might be too early to call, but I feel that 9.0.1 improves the app switcher on my 6 plus.

Definitely nothing of the sort on my 6 Plus. Still hitches and behaves the same.

Honestly, since upgrading to 9 (and now 9.0.1), I feel like there are a bunch of new small performance issues that have come up when using the 6 Plus.

Looking forward to getting my hands on a 6S Plus sooner than later so I can sell this thing off.

mrkgoo

What do you mean?

EDIT: Oh I see you mean other albums, giving that a try. No joy so far.

EDIT 2: Tried for about a minute or two, shuffling the other albums of mine around. But I can't shuffle anything above the pre-made Apple albums in the Photo app.

Yeah that's what I mean. It actually happened to me on iOS 8.4.1. The default folders aren't meant to be moved but it could move down because some bug. I was able to move other albums around, however and then sometimes the edit lines would appear on what ever was at top. It was bizarre.

After upgrading to iOS 9 or restoring it was rest though.

iCloud obfuscates data really badly. It's my main problem with it. Certain apps will store files as normal files you can just open, but stuff like notes and reminders and other data will be oddly named and hidden away.

Which is really odd, because a lot of that data that was hidden in the Library folder was moved out into iCloud Drive. Why some stuff is still there, and now harder to get to in El Cap, is really odd.

Ashhong

What makes Purify better than another one? I am using a free one, AdMop...

Also how do I add an app to the sharing option? I use Parcel, and they say that you can select a tracking number from any app and share it to the app to add automatically. However I don't see Parcel as an option under Share..

Ambitious

The Crystal developer has cut a deal with Eyeo, the company behind Adblock Plus. Just like ABP, Crystal will allow "acceptable" ads in the future. This option will be on by default. Of course, he will be compensated by Eyeo.

Source

empyrean

Silentium and 1Blocker supposed to be pretty good content blockers, 'AdBlocker' by Mobtap is what I'm using at the moment (was free) and seems alright.

samn

I got Crystal free but I wish I could get a refund.

If anyone paid for this, please ask Apple for a refund. They tend to be generous.

Blackhead

Redarse
Silentium and 1Blocker supposed to be pretty good content blockers, 'AdBlocker' by Mobtap is what I'm using at the moment (was free) and seems alright.

Doesn't 1Blocker do the same thing, allowing 'acceptable' ads from that Deck network that Gruber, Marco et al uses?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

The Crystal developer has cut a deal with Eyeo, the company behind Adblock Plus. Just like ABP, Crystal will allow "acceptable" ads in the future. This option will be on by default. Of course, he will be compensated by Eyeo.

Source

What a great time for Purify to be on sale then :)

Bye Crystal.

Guess Who

Banned
Picked up an iPad mini 4 and oh man, split view multitasking on iPad is killer. If you have an iPad that doesn't support it you are missing out.

ZeroX03

Banned
3D Touch seems to be a few years away from essential. It's one of those things that needs to be widely adopted through product lines and consumers before core OS functionality can be attached to it.

Air 2 is holding up something fierce. Love it.

Oxn

Air 3 must have these for me to get it

3D touch
3gig ram minimum
A9X as powerful as one in the pro.

Optional:
Screen as good as the Pro
Can use the pen like the pro.

Rootbeer

Banned

Wow sounds like he is completely selling out. He no longer wants to stick to his original vision so 'fuck it' let's just grab as much cash as we can from all these companies who will toss in some money.

People will switch to whatever blocks ads the best and that has the most acceptable performance hit.

Bought Purify, we'll see how that goes for a while. Still very early days... we'll see some more apps enter this space before long.

grmlin

I will update when the iPads get 3D Touch since that's the way of the future.

Yes, actually I could need a replacement for our iPad 3 with a cracked screen in one corner, but right now it feels like buying the old tech.

Anyway, I'm skeptical the Air 3 (or whatever its called) will have it, as the iPad Pro does not.

Guess Who

Banned
3D Touch seems to be a few years away from essential. It's one of those things that needs to be widely adopted through product lines and consumers before core OS functionality can be attached to it.

Air 2 is holding up something fierce. Love it.

Yeah, 3D Touch seems to be a nice-to-have more than a must-have right now, and now that the iPad mini seems like a lower priority product for Apple, I figure it could be quite a while before an iPad mini gets it anyway. Very happy with the mini 4 as it is. I always wanted a mini (I had an Air 1 before) but the screen quality difference was too noticeable for me to accept. Now that the mini has a screen as good as the Airs, and 2GB of RAM and more horsepower than my Air 1, I'm in iPad heaven.

Ninja Dom

Yeah that's what I mean. It actually happened to me on iOS 8.4.1. The default folders aren't meant to be moved but it could move down because some bug. I was able to move other albums around, however and then sometimes the edit lines would appear on what ever was at top. It was bizarre.

After upgrading to iOS 9 or restoring it was rest though.

I know what you mean. iOS 8.4.1 did allow you to move the pre-made Apple albums.

What about anybody else? On 9.0.1 do you have Recently Deleted as the first album in your Photos app?

Ninja Dom

Anyone else lose Visual Voicemail? I had hoped the bug fix update would've restored it, but no go.

Visual Voicemail is a carrier feature. Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network. And see if the Visual Voicemail settings are filled in. Depending on your country, the words "Mobile Data" may be called "Cellular". You may need to check your carrier and see if you still have Visual Voicemail as part of your plan. You may also needs Carrier Update.

Top Bottom