• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 9: More than meets the eye

Link

The Autumn Wind
Probably been brought up, but is there a way to get rid of that damn "Showing only music on this iPhone." notice in the music app when I have only offline music selected?

That's good to hear. I kind of fell off using Tweetbot 3 for whatever reason. I never had much of an issue with the official client. But the lack of ads and content blocking with SafariViewController is nice reason to upgrade.

On iPad it supports slide over and split screen multitasking. The new activity page is really cool. 3D Touch isn't in yet, but they shown off some things on Twitter that make it seem like it's coming soon. Also quick reply right from notifications is in 4.0 as well.

Tweetbot 4 is out. Bunch a new features:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/01/tweetbot-4/

I've always used the official client, but will switch to this as i doubt Twitter will ever support Safari View Controller.

Took them long enough to update the iPad app.

On iPad it supports slide over and split screen multitasking. The new activity page is really cool. 3D Touch isn't in yet, but they shown off some things on Twitter that make it seem like it's coming soon. Also quick reply right from notifications is in 4.0 as well.

Apparently 3D touch is coming in 4.0.1

kaskade

The activity page is really cool. Like you said the only thing missing for me is 3d Touch right now. I'd just like to peek and pop links and maybe a quick compose tweet from the homescreen.

Took them long enough to update the iPad app.

Apparently 3D touch is coming in 4.0.1

I agree. It did feel good to delete that old ass Tweetbot from my home screen on my iPad a few minutes ago.

The activity page is really cool. Like you said the only thing missing for me is 3d Touch right now. I'd just like to peek and pop links and maybe a quick compose tweet from the homescreen.

Once it gets 3D Touch, it will be damn near the perfect app. It will be using basically every big addition to iOS 9 that Apple allows. SafariViewController, Slide Over and Splt View multitasking, quick reply from notifications, and 3D Touch.

Blackhead

Redarse
Tweetbot 4 is out. Bunch a new features:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/01/tweetbot-4/

I've always used the official client, but will switch to this as i doubt Twitter will ever support Safari View Controller.

I keep buying these apps and never using them. I need it to support notifications for select user accounts I'm following; does this new version offer that feature now? Good to see it's finally universal, I'll probably pay again now anyway in anticipation of the iPad Pro hope to get later this year...

Finally, a new Tweetbot for iPad. I never bought the previous one because by the time I started using Tweetbot 3 on iPhone/Mac with, the iPad one on the App Store looks hopelessly out of date.

I can't go back to the official twitter app. The lack of options, lack of tweet streaming are just frustrating. Also mute filters. I can't use twitter without mute filters to shut up every dumb thing twitter is going on about.

HBO app updated for PiP

anything-is-possible.gif

But how do I get them working? I was not even asked if I want to allow those.

You have to turn notifications on. Click on your profile pic in the upper left, then the settings icon in the lower left. Then tap on account settings for the account you want to enable notifications for and notifications will be at the top of the next screen.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You have to turn notifications on. Click on your profile pic in the upper left, then the settings icon in the lower left. Then tap on account settings for the account you want to enable notifications for and notifications will be at the top of the next screen.
Thanks... Man I am blind

Okay for real, is anyone else having trouble with gmail and the native mail app? Currently my gmail account can't be added to my iPhone or iPad for some reason (after giving IMAP errors) and it doesn't work on my MacBook on El Capitan. My login still works, it works in the gmail app and on the web

What are Must have Apps and In-App Purchases?

I heard you can use iTunes Gift Cards, which is sometimes can be found on a discount, to pay Netflix subscription. Is this true?

I'm a new iPhone user.

Safari runs like shit on iOS9 on my iPad Mini 2... progress bar goes halfway and then sits their while the whole app is semi unresponsive. Tried clearing cache etc. but that has no effect. Anything to be done other that switch to another browser? I installed Chrome as a test and it seems not to suffer this issue... but I prefer first party stuff so I'd rather have Safari work as it should.

mrkgoo

What are Must have Apps and In-App Purchases?

I heard you can use iTunes Gift Cards, which is sometimes can be found on a discount, to pay Netflix subscription. Is this true?

I'm a new iPhone user.

To my understanding, you can only use iTunes cards if you initiated a netflix account from an AppleTV.

KtSlime

Really? Can anyone else confirm?

I wonder what else I can use the Gift Card on. Maybe Apple Music?

I can confirm it works on Apple Music, and while I have never tried it on iCloud it too should work.

Netflix I think you have to sign up for it through Apple TV for it to be paid via an iTunes account. But maybe they changed that recently.

so how the fuck do I update to IOS 9.0.2?

I go to General, I click update, it downloads the dan update and then I click install...it verify the download and then a error message comes up UNABLE TO INSTALL UPDATE wtf!

I am using a iPhone 6

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
How can i keep myself logged in to neogaf on Safari?
Sometimes if i use another app, safari reloads gaf page and i need to log in again.

Number45

Really? I find it helpful to know if I am going to use the network or not.
I'm on unlimited data. I turn it off if I know I'm going to be in a poor signal area (allows me to just shuffle what's on the phone for example) and as it's a decision I've consciously made (i.e. I've actually made the effort to turn it on) I don't need to be constantly reminded.

The first time, it absolutely makes sense. After that? Just let me dismiss the damn message. :(

So I deleted my gmail account from mail.app and readded it, and now it's downloading all 6000 messages in my inbox. It apparently is unable to check for new mail while it does this

Awesome

Sorry, mixed up the business exchange features with what IMAP syncing for Gmail allows.

This is what I meant but this is available because I got a Google business account:

Yeah us normals don't have that option anymore :(

I'm considering going to the gmail app, but here's the shitty thing about that: from the notifications, either on my phone or on my Apple Watch, the only option is Archive, not Delete. Archive keeps the email in the "all emails" folder, delete actually moves it to the trash. I want my stuff in the trash when I get rid of it. Any way the gmail app will let me do that from notifications?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've been on OS9 (phone) for two weeks and I haven't noticed a single difference between it and OS8.

Possibly because of usage patterns. But if I hadn't hit "OK" I wouldn't even know I had it.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Safari runs like shit on iOS9 on my iPad Mini 2... progress bar goes halfway and then sits their while the whole app is semi unresponsive. Tried clearing cache etc. but that has no effect. Anything to be done other that switch to another browser? I installed Chrome as a test and it seems not to suffer this issue... but I prefer first party stuff so I'd rather have Safari work as it should.

I've been having the same problem. Open up a link and it'll just hang for a while. Really annoyed with this iOS9 update.

Ninja Dom

I've been on OS9 (phone) for two weeks and I haven't noticed a single difference between it and OS8.

Possibly because of usage patterns. But if I hadn't hit "OK" I wouldn't even know I had it.

The font used throughout? The App Switcher? The new Spotlight to the left of the Homesceen? The madly improved Siri?

Top Bottom