• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 9: More than meets the eye

ello

DYgxBFU.png

I hope you read that one message right after posting!

What backup issues? As far as I can tell, my iPad was backing up on 9.0.1.. I think :/

My 1st gen iPad Air has been fine with iCloud backups. It's my 6s specifically that I first realized wasn't pushing automatic backups overnight, had to push it manually, then with 9.0.1, I was no longer able to push manual backups (kept failing).

Now, with 9.0.2, I deleted my existing backup, ran a new one, got that to work correctly, so now I'm hoping normal overnight consistent backups will start running.

KtSlime

Snooze on most alarm clocks is set to a default time of 9 minutes. Programmable snooze means you can change this to however minutes you want.
Ah. Okay. Wouldn't a person want to get up close to the time they set on the alarm? If they are planning on getting up later wouldn't they just set the alarm for later? I imagine there is some reason for adjusting that 9 minutes, but it doesn't really seem that useful in general (to me at least).

Thanks for explaining.

Iolo

Does anyone else experience any animation lag in iMessage in iOS 9?

I have a new iPhone 6S, and I'm noticing lag in the "send" animation. For example, after you finish typing a message and hit "send", there is a little animation where the text sails from your text box into the message thread. It's normally very smooth and seamless.

However, on my 6S, whenever I hit "send", the text just appears in the message thread in a very jittery and jerky manner. The messages go through, it's just the animation that is dysfunctional.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm running iOS 9.0.2.

Same problem here on my 6s. It has been smooth at times, though.

Like, if you wanted your snooze to be 5/10/15/whatever minutes later, why not just set a second alarm for 5/10/15/whatever minutes later...?
Yeah, but that is merely a workaround for what the original poster had to say about this. I don't blame him/her for wanting that kind of functionality, but by now we should all be accustomed to "Apple's way" and that's the only way we get some things.

mrkgoo

Like, if you wanted your snooze to be 5/10/15/whatever minutes later, why not just set a second alarm for 5/10/15/whatever minutes later...?

Snooze is not the same as a second alarm.

Snooze is if you want to extend the first alarm.

Its a decision you make at the moment Te first alarm goes - do you want to snooze or wake up?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
My 1st gen iPad Air has been fine with iCloud backups. It's my 6s specifically that I first realized wasn't pushing automatic backups overnight, had to push it manually, then with 9.0.1, I was no longer able to push manual backups (kept failing).

Now, with 9.0.2, I deleted my existing backup, ran a new one, got that to work correctly, so now I'm hoping normal overnight consistent backups will start running.

Ah, okay.

Speaking of weird glitches. On my iPad Air 2, 9.0.2 when I initially open the mail app it shows a blank screen with the message "no message selected." I have to click on inbox and then select a message. I feel like it previously would automatically show you the latest message? Am I crazy? Any way to change this behavior?

Anyone here having an issue with iMessage where you never get a delivered tag on your texts, but the contact receives it, and then it forces itself as an SMS again? I can receive iMessage fine. I can see their text bubble when they reply, but it's never pinging Delivered. It will say Read, but they still send as an SMS shortly after. This started happening earlier today, and I was hoping the 9.0.2 update would fix it. Nope.

There's a Reddit thread on it so I know I'm not alone- just seeing if GAF has the same issue.

dream

Anyone here having an issue with iMessage where you never get a delivered tag on your texts, but the contact receives it, and then it forces itself as an SMS again? I can receive iMessage fine. I can see their text bubble when they reply, but it's never pinging Delivered. It will say Read, but they still send as an SMS shortly after. This started happening earlier today, and I was hoping the 9.0.2 update would fix it. Nope.

There's a Reddit thread on it so I know I'm not alone- just seeing if GAF has the same issue.

Yep, happening to me too.

I just don't understand why my iPhone 6+ is running slow as hell after updating to ios9. Just massive lag and unresponsive was when navigating through iOS.

Even switching from landscape to portrait takes 3+ seconds.

This new YouTube app is amongst the worst software redesigns I can remember.

- Doesn't look or feel like an iOS app
- Huge amount of red that takes up like 20% of the screen
- Status bar being a different unmatching color of red drives me nuts
- Useless horizontal row of subscriptions with tiny icons and no labels
- See less subscriptions at a time now that the thumbnails are so damn huge
- Harder to get to watch later, favorites, playlists, and just about every area of the app.
- iPad version is even worse in some ways, going to the user/account tab there's so much wasted empty space
- New white icon sucks and feels generic, I've already gotten it mixed up with Pocket at a quick glance.
- Still no PiP, multitasking (slide over, side-by-side), 3D Touch, or native share sheets.

I'll have to look into third party YouTube apps cause this new update is dreadful.

Completely agreed. Just a big red mess. Are there even any good YouTube alternatives on the App Store?

ijm72

Seems general, I have a 6.

If it was any other major app I wouldn't be too worried because it would be fixed in a few days but knowing whatsapp it will probably take them a few months to fix this issue. They treat their iOS customers like shit. I would stop using the app but too many of my friends use it :(

boxter432

not sure if this is an ios 9.02 issue or not,
Just updated yesterday morning I think. 6S+

Last night, noticed a couple imessages (text was in blue) never said delivered on them.

it's still happening today...tested with my coworker next to me, she receives the messages but it doesn't say delivered on my phone. I then tried the "send as sms" option in the setting menu, and all that does is send texts twice (I think one as an imessage and one as a text). I tried turning off imessage and reactivating it as well as restarting. Still doesn't say "delivered" despite messages apparently going through (and i can click and choose to send as text message, despite the messages sending).
Annoying. Is there a fix?

not sure if this is an ios 9.02 issue or not,
Just updated yesterday morning I think. 6S+

Last night, noticed a couple imessages (text was in blue) never said delivered on them.

it's still happening today...tested with my coworker next to me, she receives the messages but it doesn't say delivered on my phone. I then tried the "send as sms" option in the setting menu, and all that does is send texts twice (I think one as an imessage and one as a text). I tried turning off imessage and reactivating it as well as restarting. Still doesn't say "delivered" despite messages apparently going through (and i can click and choose to send as text message, despite the messages sending).
Annoying. Is there a fix?

I had that same problem a few days back. I just let it go since my GF was replying back to me and it looked like my messages were getting delivered. I restarted my iPhone at some point and it was working just fine since then. So, give that a shot.

Serick

Married Member
Sorry if this has already been answered....

That being said I'm having issues getting Facebook to sync my friends photos to my contacts. It's done a few like my own and maybe 5-6 others but won't finish the rest even though I see their Facebook profile link in the contact.

I've tried turning off access and turning it back on and forcing the update but nothing seems to do the trick.

Any advice?

Wreav

Banned
Sorry if this has already been answered....

That being said I'm having issues getting Facebook to sync my friends photos to my contacts. It's done a few like my own and maybe 5-6 others but won't finish the rest even though I see their Facebook profile link in the contact.

I've tried turning off access and turning it back on and forcing the update but nothing seems to do the trick.

Any advice?

That's been broken for like 3 years, just do it manually or sync to Google contacts.

ryan299

Need a little help. None of my icloud notes from my ipad 4 (9.0.2) are syncing to my computer (10.10.3) or my iphone 6 (8.4 jailbroken). I've backed everything up to the cloud and still can't get it to work.

My gmail and yahoo notes are syncing between my devices just fine.

Any idea whats going on?

GG-Duo

Yes, happening to me too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This looks pretty cool, gotta say. I was annoyed with Facebook syncing putting the wrong photos on some of my contacts (Like, it lifted them from totally different profiles) do you know if sync.me has that issue?
Haven't run into that with sync.me, but even if some weirdness happens during the syncing the app lets you manually choose which FB profile should be associated with which contact, then switches the picture to the right one. It also lets you change the settings individually so it never replaces the picture of a certain contact, etc.

Haven't run into that with sync.me, but even if some weirdness happens during the syncing the app lets you manually choose which FB profile should be associated with which contact, then switches the picture to the right one. It also lets you change the settings individually so it never replaces the picture of a certain contact, etc.

Oh thank god. Thanks for the rec!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Need a little help. None of my icloud notes from my ipad 4 (9.0.2) are syncing to my computer (10.10.3) or my iphone 6 (8.4 jailbroken). I've backed everything up to the cloud and still can't get it to work.

My gmail and yahoo notes are syncing between my devices just fine.

Any idea whats going on?
Notes are much different in iOS 9 and 10.11. Many new features and changes. You already upgraded them on your iPad. They will not be available on your iPhone or Mac.

Upgrade your devices.

Wreav

Banned
Loosely related on the contact picture front, I've never been able to get a contact's picture to go full screen when they call. I forever just have them in little circles.

I've gone so far as to set pictures that the phone itself took, thinking that should be high enough resolution, but no.

Any ideas?

spootime

So I recently installed ios 9, and its basically broken my 5s. Touchscreen commands generally just dont work, absolutely INSANE delay on command input. Its fucking ridiculous. Anyone else having issues?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
So I recently installed ios 9, and its basically broken my 5s. Touchscreen commands generally just dont work, absolutely INSANE delay on command input. Its fucking ridiculous. Anyone else having issues?
My partner's phone has this issue (5s) - entering passcode etc doesn't work half the time and it's super laggy and activates the screen in-call, weird bugs like that. Haven't tried a restore but will do this weekend.

Kunohara

Did anyone figure out a solution to the 6 Plus's problem with landscape mode wallpapers? To this day if you use a non-built-in wallpaper it will zoom in way too far in landscape mode on the home screen. I'm using 1:1 wallpapers of very high resolution (at least 2880 X 2880 pixels).

I thought I was going crazy because of this. I kept trying different things in order to fix this. I thought I was the only one. It is really annoying actually. Is there anyone out there that has a solution to this?

Red

Does anyone know how to set a 1x zoom in iOS 9? The lowest my slider goes is 1.2x.

Never mind, forgot about the triple tap menu.

grmlin

I had a very interesting bug recently, that never happened before.

I was browsing apple music and the moment I tapped play, I got a call and immediately answered it.
Well, music was not playing yet, but started right away with the call. This way I had some background music nicely blended over the voice of my friend.

The weird thing though: I could not stop the music as they started singing, and I got confused :D I had to stop the call, then stop the music, and call him again.

Top Bottom