• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 9: More than meets the eye

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm tempted yo jailbreak just so that I can get full multitask on my iPad Air. Would that work well enough?

ryan299

I just updated to 9 today and now my apps won't sync to my phone from my computer. It starts the process syncs about 25% of the apps then moves on and stops. I'm on my 4th restore and nothings working. Anybody know whats up?

//ARCANUM

I just updated to 9 today and now my apps won't sync to my phone from my computer. It starts the process syncs about 25% of the apps then moves on and stops. I'm on my 4th restore and nothings working. Anybody know whats up?

The App Store is currently down/suffering problems at the moment and has been for the past few hours. It's probably related to that. Sorry :/ just gonna have to wait it out.

Edit - https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Restores are closely tied to the App Store service (since they're restoring apps from the store) so I have a strong feeling this is what's causing your issue. For example I can't download or update any of my apps right now.

ryan299

The App Store is currently down/suffering problems at the moment and has been for the past few hours. It's probably related to that. Sorry :/ just gonna have to wait it out.

Edit - https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Restores are closely tied to the App Store service (since they're restoring apps from the store) so I have a strong feeling this is what's causing your issue. For example I can't download or update any of my apps right now.

I read about that but wasn't sure if it would be an issue as they were just being copied from my computer. I'll see whats up in the morning. Thanks

//ARCANUM

I read about that but wasn't sure if it would be an issue as they were just being copied from my computer. I'll see whats up in the morning. Thanks

I think the problem is that the phone has to contact the App Store multiple times during the whole restore process. :/

ido

Have a iPhone 6S Plus, and I can't download or update any apps. Right now I have 4 apps that need to update, and when I go to the App Store it has them listed with the update button next to them.

I click the update button, and the loading circle appears for one second then it just goes back to the update button.

No matter what I do, it does this. Powered off, hard reset. Wifi, cellular.

Anybody know what the deal is?

Sarye

Have a iPhone 6S Plus, and I can't download or update any apps. Right now I have 4 apps that need to update, and when I go to the App Store it has them listed with the update button next to them.

I click the update button, and the loading circle appears for one second then it just goes back to the update button.

No matter what I do, it does this. Powered off, hard reset. Wifi, cellular.

Anybody know what the deal is?
I'm having the same issue. Must be something wrong with apple's servers.

ido

I'm having the same issue. Must be something wrong with apple's servers.

That makes me feel a little better.

It did this the other day as well, so I was thinking it was just me.

Good to hear others are having the issue so it's probably not on our end.

mrkgoo

I have a question - so as far as I understand it, apps done sync to iTunes any more under ios9, probably due to the app- thinning feature.

However does this mean apps don't sync from iTunes to iOS 9?

What happens if the app doesn't appear in your iTunes library and you sync with an ios9 device that has that app?

Sarye

I have a question - so as far as I understand it, apps done sync to iTunes any more under ios9, probably due to the app- thinning feature.

However does this mean apps don't sync from iTunes to iOS 9?

What happens if the app doesn't appear in your iTunes library and you sync with an ios9 device that has that app?
I believe the syncing issue was a bug that should be fixed in 9.0.2 but haven't verified.

Also the appstore being down is really annoying... especially for apps that will not run without the new update.

edit: AppStore is back up now.

Guess Who

Banned
The iWork apps have been updated with iPad multitasking and other goodies.

AWWWWW YEAH

OBTQNsi.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all ever notice that the switch on the flashlight in control center changes on/off?

NateDrake

A friend went to update her iPad Mini today to 9.0 and it has that freeze issue. I tried to perform a backup using iTunes but when I enter her passcode on the iPad it attempts to connect to the Wifi and update to 9.0 and just remains frozen. Is there any way to bypass this problem without needing to do a factory reset?

GWX

Aurizen

anyone jailbroken on their 6s or 6s plus? Are you able to view your restriction password with ifile? I completely forgot my restriction passcode.

Supposedly, the latest version of Messenger takes advantage of IOS 9 to offer a quick reply feature:

http://www.redmondpie.com/facebook-messenger-adds-quick-reply-in-ios-9-apple-watch/

IMG_0084.png

However, the buttons I get are mute and a "thumbs up" button, no reply button. Is that the same for everyone or is there actually a way to enable it?

Do you have 'show previews' turn on in the notification settings of the app itself? I know that's the only way quick reply works in iMessage. You can't use it in iMessage if you have the text notification set to not hide the preview.

Aurizen

Do you have 'show previews' turn on in the notification settings of the app itself? I know that's the only way quick reply works in iMessage. You can't use it in iMessage if you have the text notification set to not hide the preview.

I thought the same thing but it doesn't, I seen other apps take advantage of it but not fb messenger

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How much extra space does ios9 take from io8?

I have a basic question regarding Apple Music and iOS.
How do I limit the amount of music on my iPhone?
There are no longer any settings in iTunes that I can find to limit the amount of music.
It feels as if music has been taking over any spare space on my phone it can find and I am unable to reign in the behemoth.

I have previews turned off for iMessage and my quick reply works just fine

However, Messenger settings are totally fucked. If you have previews off, you can't reply from an Apple Watch notification at all, and you can't swipe down on a banner notification to read the message, but you CAN reply to it from the banner (if it lets you swipe down at all. Sometimes it does, sometimes not). You know, without reading it

If previews are turned on you can reply from an Apple Watch notification, and you can pull down on a banner to read the whole message, but the only reply options are Mute and the thumbs up sign, NOT reply. I seriously can't believe this

By contrast, I have previews turned off for iMessage, and I can reply from an Apple Watch, pull down on banners to read a message, and reply to it from right there

I just sent them some feedback about this exact bullshit

Top Bottom